Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-01-13 09:43AM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

2013 Mixed

Very even field. Hard to handicap. Impossible to pick.

If we are all quiet, Willy will bet everything on Brady Clark. Here you go, Willy...20 to 1 on Brady. Take my money.

Brady, of course, will not be there. Time away from work is somewhat limited for Tilker and they used their subs to win State when the flu bug hit. I don't feel sorry for Brady...he gets to go to Worlds and The Trials. I do, however, feel sorry for Cristin. Mixed is a big part of their lives and an awesome recordbook run...she must be just sick about withdrawing. Still, she will suck it up and be supportive of Brady...helping him prep for Victoria.

Lyly Sieg, whose team gave Brady two tough games (and one not so tough) in State, will represent Washington. Konno, Lundeen and Westhagen are on the frontend. If the club ice is fairly straight, look for this team to fill in for Brady with a medal of their own.

Fred Maxie comes out of Arizona. He was a serious cashspiel player back in Canada. LeBeau is good third.

Seeger reps California. It's been a long time since he's lived in Ontario and the field will test this team.

Young Ryan Flippo looked good in Mixed Doubles and Juniors. He has a good rink with Sweet, Evanson and Tomlinson. I assume Evenson will make it, but he also has clubs with Johnson.

Andy Jukich...with O'Leary, Bahr and Shields...might be the best player in the field with the best front end in the field. But maybe not...it's a good field with some very good players. Minnesota will be tough. They will also be extremely likable.

Illinois sends highly decorated Greg Wilson and a very good team infront of him with Pam and the Rittgers. I really like this team.

My state sends Kelby Smith, his son and the two young Podoll sisters. I like all of these players both personally and as curlers. If Mixed is all about the third (and it is) then watch out for Ann because she can flatout play.

The East sends two rinks. Surka won the GNCC title...kinda walked away with it. Charrissa shoot the thirds rocks, but Rebecca Andrew (just to play Juniors with Beebe) does the viceskipping. They have the best sweeper in the field with the slightly large Nate Clark at second. Dennis Mellerup is the second entry and he might surprise because Nina Reininger can play with all of the thirds.

That leaves us with The Punk. Sean Murray slugged his was through the Wisconsin State tiebreakers against Day and Rhyme. He has a good frontend who all really love the game.

I like nine or ten teams. I find some of the younger ones easy to cheer for and it would be kinda cool if Sieg could fill in for Brady with a gold...and that is possible...Lyle has made the playoffs in Mixed before.

The five rinks that I like for medals are Murray, Wilson, Surka, Smith (really good third) and Jukich. I don't know how much Wilson, Surka and Smith play anymore...so give me The Punk and Jukich in the finals. I'll pick Jukich from Minnesota to win in Minnesota.

Ben Tucker

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-11-13 06:11PM
TakeItOut! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TakeItOut! Click here to Send TakeItOut! a Private Message Visit TakeItOut!'s homepage! Find more posts by TakeItOut! Add TakeItOut! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TakeItOut!
Hitting Paint

TESN to Webcast Mixed Nats

Got word today that our Chicago affiliate will be webcasting Mixed Nats. Details and schedule TBD.

03-11-13 06:49PM
TJNCJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TJNCJ Click here to Send TJNCJ a Private Message Find more posts by TJNCJ Add TJNCJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TJNCJ
Swing Artist

Chicago affiliate?!? Where were they last week for Clubs?

03-18-13 08:49AM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Wilson seems to be struggling so far. The Punk doing well and hanging in. Mellerup flying under the radar so far, big game today against Sieg.

JH
tough when everyone is paying attention to Riga instead of Willmar.

03-18-13 10:56AM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

North Dakota is sitting in a really good spot...2-1 with Jukich, Sieg and Surka in the rearview mirror.

Ain't nobody getting through this round robin undefeated. Mellerup a pleasant surprise in the early going. Nice guy.

I'll admit that my focus, too, is on World Womens.

Ben Tucker
Go ND!

03-19-13 07:51AM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

The Punk with a big win to bring Sieg back to the pack. Don't look now but 2 of the top 3 teams are Easties. The Punk may live in Wisconsin but we still claim him besides Graz is an Eastie.

With Sieg, Surka and Murray at the top, looks like the coastal run of winners will continue.

JH
wonder how far it is to drive from Madison to Willmar?

03-19-13 10:34AM
curlny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlny Click here to Send curlny a Private Message Find more posts by curlny Add curlny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlny
Hitting Paint

366 miles according to google, JH. 5+hrs.

03-19-13 02:44PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Wilson 2-Maxie 1?

Agreed not to use the Free Guard Zone rule?

Really good curling?

Really bad curling?

Bizarre linescore.

Ben Tucker
Woulda liked to see that game

03-20-13 12:35PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Interesting next few games. Surka has The Punk and Jukich to play, right now they are all tied at 2 losses. Still the possibility of TBs I think.

JH

03-20-13 11:01PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

The Big Game will feature The Punk against the Alaskan Youngsters. Flippo needs a win to bring his team up to 5-4 and Murray down to 5-4. A Murray win probably locks his playoff spot and ends much chance for tiebreakers (unless Kelby Smith and Derek Surka drop back...which I do not predict).

So the icemen and the officials will be cheering for Punk and the Punkettes. They don't need the extra work that comes with tiebreakers.

Jukich is the wildcard with two games remaining. The Minnesota rink can raise some havoc with the standings...sitting at 4-3 with games against the leaders (Sieg and Surka) to come. Don't bet too heavily against them. They'se gots some skills and O'Leary may be sweeter than a Mississippi icetea...but she's also tougher than a two dollar truck stop steak.

Ben Tucker
GO ND!

03-21-13 12:32AM
SmokeyJoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SmokeyJoe Find more posts by SmokeyJoe Add SmokeyJoe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SmokeyJoe
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by tuck
Wilson 2-Maxie 1?

Agreed not to use the Free Guard Zone rule?

Really good curling?

Really bad curling?

Bizarre linescore.

Ben Tucker
Woulda liked to see that game

Reminds me of a game in the BC Region 11 Playdowns in 2008. Brent Pierce (2000 World Champion) versus Mark Weiss. Pierce kept the hammer and blanked the first nine ends. Weiss stole one in the tenth end for the win.

03-21-13 04:26PM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

Wilson - 2, Maxie - 1.

Not sure how a score like this happens with FGZ. Cannot tell you if it was really good curling or really bad curling but for sure it had to really boring curling.

03-21-13 04:56PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Tiebreakers loom, 1 or 2 is the question. Surka v Jukich will decide if there are two.

03-21-13 06:46PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Surka v Smith in one semi, Sieg v Murray/Flippo in the other. Obviously rooting for the Easties and the recently former Eastie to meet in the final.

03-22-13 02:37PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

down to the final 4. Murray with the TB win over Flippo. Good luck to all.

03-22-13 04:09PM
Capital Elle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Capital Elle Click here to Send Capital Elle a Private Message Find more posts by Capital Elle Add Capital Elle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Capital Elle
Knee-Slider

quote:
Originally posted by dbsdbs
Wilson - 2, Maxie - 1.

Not sure how a score like this happens with FGZ. Cannot tell you if it was really good curling or really bad curling but for sure it had to really boring curling.

It was actually really good curling. Both teams just waited for the other one to miss so that you could take advantage of it, but the misses didn't really come. AZ's 1 was a missed hit and roll out, the first IL point was a hit for two that rolled out, and the second was AZ's draw just being a little too heavy..

May have been boring to watch, but was pretty fun to play I think both teams had over 20 minutes on the clock when we finished.

03-23-13 11:25AM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Big game today in Willmar. No, not because it is an all Eastie affair (I will explain) but because Tuck is not even close to who will win. His pick didn't make the playoffs so the CURSE OF TUCK becomes even more legendary.

On to the final. The rocket scientist vs the Punk. Interesting on so many levels - former teammates, former clubmates, opponents in men's. Sean is on a late run, Derek squeezes out a big steal in the 10th to advance. Who will win, unknown, at least it will be an Eastie.

Okay, the rule of Eastie. Until you curl more years in your current location then you still belong to us. Sean and Graz are both "born Eastie" and Graz is still in Philly so we get that team. Derek, Charrissa, Nate and Rebecca are a given. Besides if Tuck is going to keep claiming Brady Clark as North Dakota then there is no question that team Wisconsin is really team Eastie Wisconsin.

Have to root for Derek, sorry Sean.
JH
Hey, Derek and Charrissa curl at Nutmeg, who knew

03-23-13 01:23PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Whoa! Back up a little bit.

I, at least, had The Punk in the Finals. How many of you can say that?

Abducting the Wisconsin rink and claiming them for the East? Hands off, Hannon. Mixed is all about the females and that is a Midwest team. So a couple of Eastie boys charmed some good shootin' Midwest gals into carrying them to the Finals...big deal. Easties got charm, the Midwest retains the talent.

Ben Tucker

03-23-13 04:28PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

EASTIE WIN, EASTIE WIN! Congrats to Derek and especially Charrissa who has wanted this so much for so many years.

JH
I taught Derek everything he knows (not really). #kidding