Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-12-15 04:49PM
manni_thesecond is offline Click Here to See the Profile for manni_thesecond Click here to Send manni_thesecond a Private Message Find more posts by manni_thesecond Add manni_thesecond to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
manni_thesecond
Knee-Slider

Curling SHoes

Im going to the store to buy new shoes this week, but i dont know what kind to get! im a tucker and if i dont tuck im at least on my toe. My coach tells me that asham ulteralite and podium golds would be great for me. He didnt give me full details. Im going to go with 1/4 sliders, but do i get donuts or half sliders? and which of the two shoes are best for my type of delivery?

Thanks so much !

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-12-15 05:13PM
youngen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for youngen Click here to Send youngen a Private Message Find more posts by youngen Add youngen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
youngen
Harvey Hacksmasher

In my personal opinion, I'd get the Asham's with a ring disc or donut as you called it. I tuck, and I love the balance and straightness of this set up. If your budget is allowing it, buy something with real leather like the Legacy, Slam, or Tour Ultralites. If you slide on the extreme tip of your toes, request they add the front slider wedge to your shoes if they can, or order the shoes from Asham with it. The Goldline Podiums are nice shoes as well, but I have never slid in them myself, so I can't give any feedback.

01-17-15 08:38PM
Junior is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Junior Click here to Send Junior a Private Message Find more posts by Junior Add Junior to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Junior
Harvey Hacksmasher

Whats your opinion on getting ashams for non-tuckers? Needing a new pair of shoes and debating going from balance plus to ashams. Not a huge fan of any of the balance plus style out right now - all to bulky

01-20-15 02:51PM
RockDoc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RockDoc Click here to Send RockDoc a Private Message Find more posts by RockDoc Add RockDoc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RockDoc
Swing Artist

I'm a fan of shoes that have detachable sliders/grippers. This allows you to replace your grippers on a regular basis so that you don't leave detritus all over the ice, and keeps your shoes nice and grippy. The expense of replacing gripper pods is offset by having to have a shoe re-gripped, or buying new shoes when the integerated gripper disintegrates. Almost all of these type shoes have hinged front sliders that accommodate either flat-foot, toe, or tuck delivery.

Perimeter sliders, donuts, or BalancePlus sliders with holds will be faster than solid sliders. (Less surface area.)

Beyond that, I think you should get whatever shoe fits well. For those of us with narrow feet, Balance Plus shoes tend to fit a little better than Goldline, as they have fairly narrow heel cups. (A good cobbler can also strengthen and narrow the heel cup with a comfy leather insert.)

Almost all currently manufactured shoes are glued together and have a limited lifespan in heavy curling. Very few have the uppers sewn into the sole, and those that are built this way tend to be heavier and stiffer. (I tried a pair of BP Delux shoes but they were too wide and way too stiff, with a full (not split) slider.)

Right now, I'm using BP 500s, and although the slider shoe is heavy with 1/4" teflon, these have held up the longest of the sports-style shoes (more than 24 months without delamination). I can destroy any Goldline Podium-type product or Asham Slam in 1-2 years. I also found the Ashams to be "hot" shoes. I kept wondering who was the idiot that was leaving little melted circlular gripper marks all over the ice, then realized it was me! I haven't tried the new Quantums, but they look interesting.

Cheers.

01-20-15 04:07PM
youngen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for youngen Click here to Send youngen a Private Message Find more posts by youngen Add youngen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
youngen
Harvey Hacksmasher

I can say that I have had certain pairs of Asham shoes that wore out quicker than I think was acceptable. But, they have a great warranty policy. And the last pair I purchased, the Legacy, is absolutely the nicest blend of comfortable/flexible leather and durability. They have held up extremely well after 3 years of use and show no signs of letting me down any time soon. I'll put them up against a pair of BP Deluxes for a long term test any time.

I can't speak as to them being "hot" shoes as my feet get cold skipping in anything. But they do insulate better than anything I've ever used from BP, and I never leave gripper marks anywhere.

I've heard great things about the feel, speed, and light weight of the new Goldline Quantum shoes. But, thus far, of 3 people I know with them 2 have had stitching come apart in different spots. Those 2 had the black pair and the other person without problems has the white pair. It might be a coincidence, or maybe not. That's just what I know about them at this point in time.

01-21-15 10:54AM
lolar3288 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lolar3288 Click here to Send lolar3288 a Private Message Find more posts by lolar3288 Add lolar3288 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lolar3288
Drawmaster

I like the balance Plus 500 with the hinge sole. I am very hard on shoes so a year on any shoe is good for me.

I tried the top of the line goldline and the shoe fit well but I found the 1/4 slider much slower than the 1/4 Balance plus. I used them 4 times then sold them and went back to the Balance Plus.

Never use Asham so can't comment.

01-21-15 02:24PM
USAnewbie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for USAnewbie Click here to Send USAnewbie a Private Message Find more posts by USAnewbie Add USAnewbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
USAnewbie
Harvey Hacksmasher

Another option is to find a good new pair of low heel basketball shoes (other another type of shoe with a flat sole) and sent them into BalancePlus or another company and have them custom make the shoe into a curling shoe.

11-04-22 12:52AM
otis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for otis Find more posts by otis Add otis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
otis
Knee-Slider

quote:
Originally posted by lolar3288
I like the balance Plus 500 with the hinge sole. I am very hard on shoes so a year on any shoe is good for me.

I tried the top of the line goldline and the shoe fit well but I found the 1/4 slider much slower than the 1/4 Balance plus. I used them 4 times then sold them and went back to the Balance Plus.

Never use Asham so can't comment.

I also like the balance Plus 500 with its hinged base.
I have used Asham and I would advise against buying it among us

02-10-23 03:57AM
jendy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jendy Find more posts by jendy Add jendy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jendy
Knee-Slider

Most educators advise that students spend territorial io two hours per week focusing for each credit hour they are taking. However, it has seen that most students merely experience continuing exams.

04-04-23 04:51AM
charliejone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for charliejone Find more posts by charliejone Add charliejone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
charliejone
Knee-Slider

It is depend on your choice but Donut sliders tend to provide more stability and control, while half sliders fnf allow for more speed and maneuverability.

04-23-23 09:30PM
zetisno is offline Click Here to See the Profile for zetisno Find more posts by zetisno Add zetisno to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
zetisno
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Marcus44
[B]No matter what type of shower head you choose, it’s important to make sure that it is designed to handle hard water. Think about what type of water you are dealing with and make sure you choose the right shower head to keep your fixtures looking great and functioning properly. chess online

This is a fascinating and informative piece on the complexities of modern life, with a focus on the ways in which we can adapt to the ever-changing landscape of technology and social media.

04-23-23 10:31PM
sharase is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sharase Find more posts by sharase Add sharase to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sharase
Knee-Slider

I was thoroughly impressed by the wordle depth of research and analysis that went into this article.

04-26-23 01:18AM
emmaorabelle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for emmaorabelle Find more posts by emmaorabelle Add emmaorabelle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
emmaorabelle
Harvey Hacksmasher

Good

Choosing the right curling shoes can be an important decision, as it can affect your delivery and overall performance on the ice. Based on what you have mentioned, it seems like the Asham Ultralite and Podium Golds are both good options for you.
In terms of slider types, 1/4 sliders are a popular choice for tuck deliveries. As for the type of slider, it really comes down to personal preference. Donut sliders provide a larger surface area for balance and stability, while half sliders allow for more flexibility in your foot movement. Some curlers find that they prefer one over the other based on their style of delivery and how they feel on the ice. tunnel rush

05-16-23 10:34PM
andree23 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for andree23 Find more posts by andree23 Add andree23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
andree23
Harvey Hacksmasher

You have a rare ability to distill complex fnf game concepts into digestible and relatable anecdotes.

05-23-23 08:10AM
old david is offline Click Here to See the Profile for old david Find more posts by old david Add old david to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
old david
Knee-Slider

So easy....

Sixty years ago in Scotland, we wanted to slide like the Canadians, but how?

We made our own curling shoes. Of course, there was no 'Teflon'—all sort of plastic were glued to shoes as we experimented. Plastic beading for shelving was quite popular. I found that the hard tape used to create the lines on a tennis hard court was the best, very hard wearing and convenient 3cm (that’s just over an inch) width did the job. Some people liked removable sliders, easily fabricated by sawing a sneaker in half.
They were not that fast, and of course ice was much slower, In our 11 sheet club, only one guy could slide the whole length of the rink, and that was with a stone and maximum backswing.

06-14-23 05:00AM
Brandon378 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Brandon378 Find more posts by Brandon378 Add Brandon378 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Brandon378
Harvey Hacksmasher

If you value a smooth and comfortable ride, pay attention to the tire's noise levels and comfort features. Tires with advanced noise-reduction technology and a comfortable sidewall design can make a noticeable difference. best all terrain tires for chevy silverado 1500

09-21-23 12:50AM
michaelarringto is offline Click Here to See the Profile for michaelarringto Find more posts by michaelarringto Add michaelarringto to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
michaelarringto
Knee-Slider

2048 is a sliding puzzle game that was first introduced as a web-based game. The game's name is derived from its ultimate goal: to achieve a tile with the number 2048. It may sound easy, but as you'll soon discover, it's a deceptively challenging task that requires both strategy and patience.