Like CurlingZone on Facebook

Welcome to CurlingZone, Guest!   Register Now!    
Already a member?   Login:              Forgot Password?
ProCurlingWear - Look & Play Like a Pro
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Pages (13): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
sw4cz
Knee-Slider

Re: Agreed

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

After the hog line don't touch it and let the rocks come to a rest. Then the non offending teams can place the rocks where they see fit, or let them stand or just remove the burned rock. I think she meant well but it's really funny how MOST teams don't know the rules. Nice she did straight away say i burned that rock, rather than European high fives.

Interesting. I wonder if the officials would have caught that and said anything to them.

Do you think there would have been any material difference in results for the end if they had followed the rule?

"Be kind"

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-19-17 11:39PM
sw4cz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sw4cz Click here to Send sw4cz a Private Message Find more posts by sw4cz Add sw4cz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Another skin of the teether by Rockin' Raytch tonite . . . .

She musta been watching too many Jennifer Jones instructional game films about keeping games close when you should be running teams out of the rink! (Jones is and always will be the master of this technique)

One thing I've noticed about Raytch, compared to her prior world appearances - and most of her STOH appearances is her incredible demeanour. While still ultra-focused she's far more connected to her team and rarely goes into those moods of detachment and disconnection which plagued her from about 18 to 25.

If one compares her to the other top Canadian skips I think Rachel is now far better in the demeanour dept. than Sweeting, McCarville, Middaugh, Horgan, Flaxey, Einarson, even Jones. The only one Canadian skip who matches right up with Homan is Michelle Englot - she's near unflappable and still able to communicate well with her teammates. Obviously, Rachel can do a lot of things with a rock that Englot can't but that's another story.

Wouldn't surprise me though if the Swiss Ladyhawks lay a mid-round lickin' on the Canadian team. Paetz has been on a hot streak since stifling the biggest stifler in the ladies game - Bini Feltscher to win Switzerland. . . . . . so if Rachel pretzels up another 70 to 75% game Paetz won't let her off the hook! Raytch prolly needs to score around 86 to 90+ to hinder Ladyhawk - and Emma needs to at least battle the swiss 3rd to a standoff.

Old Post 03-20-17 12:05AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Three
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Paetz has been on a hot streak since stifling the biggest stifler in the ladies game - Bini Feltscher to win Switzerland.

More pure fiction from the one with a terminal case of diarrhea of the keyboard. Since Paetz hasn't played any event since the Swiss Nationals I would love to know what this 'hot streak' consists of.

Unless you count shooting in the 70's and running up a 3-0 record against teams that are a combined 1-10 a 'hot streak', lol.

Last edited by Three on 03-20-17 at 01:08AM

Old Post 03-20-17 12:54AM
Three is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Three Click here to Send Three a Private Message Find more posts by Three Add Three to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maybo
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Three

In Canada TSN has the rights and is on all the channels all day. You can watch four different games on four different TSN channels. Only particularly popular with the male 15 to 29 crowd, hockey still crushes it.

Regional, too. Huge in Toronto, where office brackets are very common. Border cities, too. Not sure about the rest of Canada...

Old Post 03-20-17 01:39AM
maybo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maybo Click here to Send maybo a Private Message Visit maybo's homepage! Find more posts by maybo Add maybo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

More pure fiction from the one with a terminal case of diarrhea of the keyboard. Since Paetz hasn't played any event since the Swiss Nationals I would love to know what this 'hot streak' consists of.

Unless you count shooting in the 70's and running up a 3-0 record against teams that are a combined 1-10 a 'hot streak', lol.

I think he speaks of he 2017 in general in which , if we include the Swiss Nationals she has made 3 finals, won 2 titles and her other results was a semi.

Old Post 03-20-17 07:19AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Re: Agreed

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

After the hog line don't touch it and let the rocks come to a rest. Then the non offending teams can place the rocks where they see fit, or let them stand or just remove the burned rock. I think she meant well but it's really funny how MOST teams don't know the rules. Nice she did straight away say i burned that rock, rather than European high fives.

I'm surprised by the lack of knowledge of burnt rock rules...maybe the WCF should review them at the team meeting then give a one page info sheet to the coaches/psychologists.

Why is Elaine Dagg-Jackson there? Surely she knows the rules. Anyway good for Canada to be honest about it unlike certain European teams.

Old Post 03-20-17 08:29AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ngm
Swing Artist

Re: Re: Agreed

quote:
Originally posted by sw4cz

Interesting. I wonder if the officials would have caught that and said anything to them.

Do you think there would have been any material difference in results for the end if they had followed the rule?

Probably not. I think USA would have returned all the stones to their original positions anyway, in this case.

Old Post 03-20-17 08:46AM
ngm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ngm Click here to Send ngm a Private Message Find more posts by ngm Add ngm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Obviously Team Homan curling one of their house specials - THE SUPER-GAAME vs. The Great Ladyhawke, administering a good old-fashioned thrashin' - - - - 6-1 lead at the break.

Busting up Paetz is something JJ was totally incapable of doing!

Old Post 03-20-17 08:49AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Wow - musta missed things on the overnite shift but Paetz rough-housed Anna's Russians 12-7, including a 5-bomb.

Pretty much putting a stopper on Russia's playoff hopes and adding credence to Moisseva soon being awarded the #1 Russian team spot.

Anna pretty much left a layin' - w/ 3 losses already she'll be playing maritime math, trying to win out - perhaps being a 4th place or tie-breaker cling-on.

But I bet she's glad she's NOT Lena Nielson, who's 0-5 and only playing for pride now!

Old Post 03-20-17 09:02AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

switzerland done a pretty good job of getting back into it after giving up the steal. getting a 2 and a steal.

alina should have played the easy angle raise for the 1 in 5. would have kept things close . you gotta commend switzerland for clawing their way back. its not often after rachel gets that far ahead that a game stays interesting

Last edited by misty1 on 03-20-17 at 09:29AM

Old Post 03-20-17 09:19AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

muirhead down to sweden isnt looking good for her.

my original fina 4 pick was canada, scotland, sweden and china

im gonna change that to canada, sweden , switzerland and russia

why?

scotland has a tough schedule ahead and will be on 2 losses already. they've yet to play canada, switzerland, south korea and china. they should be 2-2 going 2-3. just havent looked convincing. im not sure the glenn howard experiment has worked out well

russia on the other hand has gotten scotland, canada and switzerland out of the way early. yes they are on 3 losses now but look at who's left:

germany
italy
denmark
united states
sweden
china

in that group they are heavy favorites over everyone except sweden. they should be able to go 5-1 in this stretch and finish 7-4

switzerland has tough games left but because of their great start they should still finish no worse than 7-4 , my prediction is 8-3

sweden will probably take 2nd at 9-2 or 10-1

canada i think will finish somewhere between 11-0 and 9-2

scotland im thinking at this point, unless they pick up their level drastically will finish around 6-5 or 5-6

czech republic's last 6 games are brutal, with all the top teamed to come. i'd be stunned if they pade the playoffs or even fnished above 500

china doesnt have a terrible schedule through the back half. scotland and sweden are the only games where they wont be favorites, of course they'll need to win both to stay alive but i am not sure they can. they've been surprisingly poor

germany and the united states basically can afford just 1 more loss each but they both have the benefit of having most of the top teams out of the way. they still play each other through so both cant make it

Last edited by misty1 on 03-20-17 at 09:45AM

Old Post 03-20-17 09:34AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Eve knows she doesn't have the horses to finish in the 1-2 position - so she's pacing her team, trying to take advantage of weaker teams where possible and then slither into the playoffs, either thru a tie-breaker - or 4th spot outright!

Once she gets there she'll put the whip hand on Sloan and try to advance into a semi-final

The worst disgrace for Eve would be 5-6 or even 6-5; I think she'll end up 7-4 w/ an outside possibility of 8-3.

Old Post 03-20-17 09:45AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

tomorrow is make or break for muirhead. she's got south korea and canada. she has had a really hard time with kim in the past(think her record is something like 1-5) and canada. if she cant win at least one she's not making playoffs i dont think. if she goes 2-0 then obviously her chances at even the 1 v.s 2 game go up dramatically. but 0-2 basically pouts her back against the wall with switzerland and china to come.

looking at how they are playing i think rachel will polish her off fairly easily. so she needs the win against kim

Old Post 03-20-17 09:50AM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
tomorrow is make or break for muirhead. she's got south korea and canada. she has had a really hard time with kim in the past(think her record is something like 1-5) and canada. if she cant win at least one she's not making playoffs i dont think. if she goes 2-0 then obviously her chances at even the 1 v.s 2 game go up dramatically. but 0-2 basically pouts her back against the wall with switzerland and china to come.

looking at how they are playing i think rachel will polish her off fairly easily. so she needs the win against kim

Agreed! Needs the win vs. Kim just to keep herself in the hunt for 3-4 or tie-breaker!

Needs the win over Homan just for her team's self-confidence and pride. Getting whipped 'n bombed vs. Rachel would be unacceptable. Eve is still tooling up her weaponry. In a game vs. The Ottawa Aces she'll need her two favourite shots - the Triple - and the weld angle-freeze under cover!

Old Post 03-20-17 10:49AM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

if the Russian's want to keep pace they will

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Wow - musta missed things on the overnite shift but Paetz rough-housed Anna's Russians 12-7, including a 5-bomb.

Pretty much putting a stopper on Russia's playoff hopes and adding credence to Moisseva soon being awarded the #1 Russian team spot.

Anna pretty much left a layin' - w/ 3 losses already she'll be playing maritime math, trying to win out - perhaps being a 4th place or tie-breaker cling-on.

But I bet she's glad she's NOT Lena Nielson, who's 0-5 and only playing for pride now!

have to beat Germany Monday night (no big deal right) clearly it is a must game for Sidorova , the surging Czech's have been slightly grounded with two loses, can they beat them Swedes? Homan and rink has to focus on jumping out early on the South Korean ladies , nothing is a gimme here

Old Post 03-20-17 11:40AM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
southerncurler
Harvey Hacksmasher

Can someone fix the times for each draw on the scores page? They were correct when eastern time was not under daylight savings time but now they are all off an hour

Old Post 03-20-17 04:40PM
southerncurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for southerncurler Click here to Send southerncurler a Private Message Find more posts by southerncurler Add southerncurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Three
Swing Artist

Well, watching curling on TV sucks when the players are not mic'ed up.

For those complaining about the TSN announce team hope you enjoyed that horrendous first end of announcing. Made a boring end even more terrible to watch.

Glad they fixed the problem.

Old Post 03-20-17 09:20PM
Three is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Three Click here to Send Three a Private Message Find more posts by Three Add Three to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EPMD
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Well, watching curling on TV sucks when the players are not mic'ed up.

For those complaining about the TSN announce team hope you enjoyed that horrendous first end of announcing. Made a boring end even more terrible to watch.

Glad they fixed the problem.

To be fair, those announcers just read the player bios like they were reading off of Linkedin. I've heard local community cable announcers with more charisma.

Old Post 03-20-17 09:51PM
EPMD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EPMD Click here to Send EPMD a Private Message Find more posts by EPMD Add EPMD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Swing Artist

Mic'd up? We have our own commenters for Canadian consumption only, I assume with the tv and mic'g used by all countries. What irritates me the most (part of game) is having to listen to talking, shouting, screaming, screeching, singing, humming , squeeling in languages I don't understand , which in international play is pretty much every opponent.

Old Post 03-20-17 10:17PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Harvey Hacksmasher

Here in the US it's on live right now on Universal HD. I've been able to hear the players throughout. They're carrying the Workd Curling TV announcer crew's call tonight (which includes Logan Grey, brother to Lauren Grey of Team Scotland).

Old Post 03-20-17 10:34PM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Click here to Send Observer a Private Message Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

The Happy Gang (Russ, Cheryl, Vic) ward for falling into hyper-love for one particular curler has to go to Joanne Courtney. The Gang has really been drooling over her performance. Given her first worlds its understandable but she's a proven warrior - best brusher in the world and now she's finally coming into her own as a shot-maker.

Remember she was 3rd on Val Sweeting's old Alberta team before Rachel plucked her from the ranks.

I'm thinking if there's any kind of a shake-up after the Olympic trials (or actual Olympics if Rachel goes all the way) perhaps Joanne returns to vicing?

OK, right now she's easily the best 2nd in the game. Sorry Jilly. However, she's been immersed fully into the Homan system - where all the players throw near identical releases and deliveries. Could she thrive in a system where there's 4 different players? I personally think so!

Old Post 03-20-17 10:55PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Rachel & Co. seem to have hit the mid-week wall. Really sputtering towards the finish line vs. a game Korea squad tonite. Getting leads and then giving up the old Jennifer Jones "beggar's deuce" and Korea still clings to hope.

Pretty hard to maintain a full level of excellence for an entire tournament - which is why JJ's unbeaten run at the last Olympic games stands on its own merits.

Old Post 03-20-17 11:25PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

South Korea has let Canada off the hook so many times I can't even count.

The skips last rock has come up light and over curled so many times I'm inclined to think she had a cutter and they never figured it out

Old Post 03-20-17 11:36PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
South Korea has let Canada off the hook so many times I can't even count.

The skips last rock has come up light and over curled so many times I'm inclined to think she had a cutter and they never figured it out

Somehow they're still managing to stick to Rachel like Super Glue

Old Post 03-20-17 11:49PM
AK267
Super Rockchucker

HOLY CRAP BATMAN!!! USA pulls it out against 0-5 Denmark with the last shot. These ladies were playing like they wanted to give away the game.

Old Post 03-20-17 11:58PM
AK267 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AK267 Click here to Send AK267 a Private Message Visit AK267's homepage! Find more posts by AK267 Add AK267 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote