Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Olympic Doubles - Feb 7

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 4 of 6 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-12-18 04:17PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by EPMD
I just watched the Switzerland-OAR semifinal. That Swiss team is UNCOMFORTABLE to watch! I feel bad for Perret because Rios is a real jerk on the ice. Watching him is a real clinic in how to be a bad teammate...and yet he is going to win a medal.

Aren't they married?
Or maybe I'm confusing them with the Norwegian team.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-12-18 07:04PM
c11w11p is offline Click Here to See the Profile for c11w11p Find more posts by c11w11p Add c11w11p to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
c11w11p
Knee-Slider

quote:
Originally posted by Observer
It seems that when NBC isn’t carrying a match live on TV, they’re just letting the international feed run through onto their online streaming services. That feed’s been using commentators I recognize from World Curling TV.

Thanks for this info. The two I am referring to are now commentating the bronze medal match between OAR and Norway. And they are FAR better than the NBC folks.

02-12-18 07:14PM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

The woman is Alison Walker. (I just checked an old World Curling TV event she did where she says her name.). I’m not sure who the man is yet, though he did just reveal he’s got a curling bronze medal at home.

02-12-18 07:18PM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

quote:
The woman is Alison Walker. (I just checked an old World Curling TV event she did where she says her name.). I’m not sure who the man is yet, though he did just reveal he’s got a curling bronze medal at home.

My first thought would be Pete Fenson, since I know he does commentary and has a Bronze Medal. Doesn't quite sound like him though.

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

Last edited by Phil_D on 02-12-18 at 07:27PM

02-12-18 07:42PM
c11w11p is offline Click Here to See the Profile for c11w11p Find more posts by c11w11p Add c11w11p to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
c11w11p
Knee-Slider

You guys are great; thanks for helping, because it is driving me a bit mad. I recall him from last Olympics, too. I caught that remark about his bronze medal. Not giving up on this task

02-12-18 08:10PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

I'd say best case 3 gold

In your worst case which team do you have winning each medal?

A basic problem with divulging what teams will win what medals is that somebody, who is a lot smarter than I am, is then going to ask for a prediction on the scores of each game and if I'm dumb enough to try and predict that, some wise guy, wisenheimer, what have you, is going to want predictions on the shooting %'s in the final game.
Thanks but no thanks. I'm going to leave things just the way they are now.

02-12-18 08:31PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

My guess is Mike Harris. Was in first Olympic s where medals were given.

02-12-18 08:40PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Further, I believe it to be the Canadian CBC crew, Bruce RInne, Mike Harris and Joan Mvcusker

02-12-18 09:02PM
GregJP1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GregJP1 Find more posts by GregJP1 Add GregJP1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GregJP1
Knee-Slider

quote:

I believe it's Alison Walker and Ed Lukowich.

02-12-18 09:18PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

So, google sez NBC's curling coverage of the olympics is by: Fred Roggin, Host*Jason Knapp, Play-by-Play, Bill Doleman, Play-by-Play,*Jim Kozimor, Play-by-Play, *Kevin Martin, Analyst Pete Fenson, Analyst and*Trenni Kusnierik, Reporter but a birdie told me a famous female MB curler who is not JJ is helping them somewhere behind the scenes for as well. Found that interesting. No female analysts on this list. Listen for her if you have any NBC feeds.

02-12-18 09:32PM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

nelski,
That list covers NBC’s own TV crew. And it’s incomplete as they’ve also been using Jamie Sinclair on the TV coverage.

I’ve found a YouTube video of Ed Lukowich speaking, and now I can tell it’s definitely been him with Alison Walker on the online streaming coverage today. GregJP1 is right.

02-12-18 09:41PM
Ajay
Drawmaster

Go back and see ajay. Bruce Rainne, Mike Harris and Joan McCusker( Sandra Schmirler rink)

02-12-18 09:47PM
c11w11p
Knee-Slider

quote:
Originally posted by GregJP1

I believe it's Alison Walker and Ed Lukowich.

100% correct! Thank you very much, GregJP1! As soon as I heard a YouTube interview with him, it was clear that my search is over, thanks to you. They are so good when compared to my USA / NBC feed. They are informative and yet unobtrusive, ideal for the sport.

02-13-18 03:45AM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by nelsosi

Just went back and watched. That was pretty bad. Not the first instance of Krushelnitskiy acting like an idiot on the ice this week.

I've noticed an inordinate number of instances of 'lack of curling decorum' from several of the teams.

This is because both players on most of the teams are closely related in some way - either brother/sister (USA), or married couple, or at least boyfriend/girlfriend.

Familiarity breeds contempt...

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

02-13-18 07:03AM
Observer
Swing Artist

For the record, the international streaming announcers on the gold medal match are a pair of Scotsmen named Kenny and Seander (sp?).

Watching the 5th end right now...the “miss” flu that Kaitlyn Lawes had in the semifinal has totally left her and hit Martin Rios from Switzerland instead, bringing him out in a sweat so heavy I wonder if he’s repebbling the ice as he moves.

02-13-18 07:06AM
EPMD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EPMD Find more posts by EPMD Add EPMD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EPMD
Swing Artist

I am becoming way too familiar with the pores on these curlers' faces. Zoom out on those cameras!

Would they ever consider changing the format of mixed doubles? I think it could benefit from a bit of variance to the strategy, and one way of doing that would be to change where the default rocks are placed. Putting them on the centre line to start almost every end only ensures everything ends up in the four foot. I feel like we see the same ends over and over.

02-13-18 07:22AM
Observer
Swing Artist

And in just 6 ends, Canada are your Olympic gold medalists in mixed doubles curling by a score of 10-3!

And congratulations also to silver medalists Switzerland and bronze medalists Olympic Athletes from Russia.

02-13-18 07:26AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

MVP for Canada......... Martin Rios

02-13-18 07:33AM
dugless_zone 13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dugless_zone 13 Click here to Send dugless_zone 13 a Private Message Find more posts by dugless_zone 13 Add dugless_zone 13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

awesome win, but still trying to figure out how M.L. can inject Jennifer Jones into this thread when she isn't even involved. Give it a rest already.

02-13-18 07:45AM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

quote:
For the record, the international streaming announcers on the gold medal match are a pair of Scotsmen named Kenny and Seander (sp?).

Kenny Edwards and Sander Rolvag. Interestingly enough, Sander is Norwegian but sounds like a Scot...often gets mistaken for Logan Gray on broadcasts.

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

02-13-18 07:52AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Happy Day for Cdn Curling. We ought to keep reminding viewers that *both* Lawes and Morris lost their MxDbls partners (Kennedy and Homan) to the Olympics trad game, so were left in the lurch. I bet that credit goes to Stoughton for assuring that this teamup happened for Portage. I heard the "free agent recruitment" version out of Morris's mouth a couple of times, but uhm, no. Good on Lawes for her demeanor. Good on Morris for his restraint. Haha. So Glad for them both.

02-13-18 07:58AM
Ajay
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by guido
MVP for Canada......... Martin Rios

Canada won the gold with consistent , superior curling. Rios did not give us the game, nor deserve MVP implying he did.

02-13-18 08:02AM
Loony is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Loony Click here to Send Loony a Private Message Find more posts by Loony Add Loony to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Loony
Swing Artist

So happy for Kaitlyn and John! Except for the nerves in the first half of the semi final, they were both far and away the best curlers and also the best team for the week. Their jubilation when they won was great to see. So glad their families and Kaitlyn's boyfriend could be there to witness their great accomplishment. Even the men's hockey team came out to watch the game and cheer them on.

Way to go K & J, and way to go Canada!!!!!! Woohoo!!!

02-13-18 08:09AM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

After being unduly influenced by Lawes' poor play in the first half of the SF's, and not fully recognizing just how well she played the last 4 ends, some folks are eating Humble Pie today. Enjoy!

02-13-18 08:21AM
Loony is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Loony Click here to Send Loony a Private Message Find more posts by Loony Add Loony to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Loony
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Deliverer
After being unduly influenced by Lawes' poor play in the first half of the SF's, and not fully recognizing just how well she played the last 4 ends, some folks are eating Humble Pie today. Enjoy!

Kaitlyn may have struggled with her shots in the first half of the SF but she still contributed big time with her sweeping and calling shots and lines and keeping JohnnyMo calm and productive. And then this tiny little girl picked up the team on her shoulders and carried them home with some incredible shots and sweeping. And I hope 'those folks' are enjoying their pie. :D