Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-26-16 02:23PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Seniors 2016

Lordy, can somebody please help me out and start some threads. I have other things to do. Really. I have other things I could be doing.

Senior Women's:

Norma is back with her excellent front end. Looks like a lock to me, but there is no such thing a Sure Thing in curling...unless dbsdbs installs some Points format.

Dropkin is back (or did she ever leave the midwest? girl should get an apartment). Trying to move up from silver.

I don't know the Pielage team, but they have Lawless and Lawless is very good.

Shuttleworth comes down from Alaska with some Denver teammates. Interesting entry.

Wiggins is back and has Mary Jaster. I have friends in this field and I never cheer against anyone, but all Grafton curlers always cheer for Jaster and cheer loudly. She is the lifeblood of our club.

I don't know the Phoenix team. Might be some Canuck snowbirds there. I don't trust them.

Horn and Hamilton come in from Ohio. At lead is one of the nicer curlers I've ever met, Connie Kupferschmidt. Impossible to type, so I'll be using Connie Kupps.

I simply cannot pick O'Leary because it is too obvious and too boring. If I pick chalk every time, y'all will quit reading and go throw practice rocks.

Screw it. I'm picking Norma. She has Mary Shields at second. There was once a time in my life when I needed a friend and Mary was a good friend. Not a great friend, mind you, just a good friend. It's good to have friends.

I've decided that I don't like the title Senior Women's, so I'll be calling it the Cougar Championships. If some of you think that's too sexual, the problem lays in your own dirty minds. I'll be calling the Senior Men's the race for the Geezer Cup. If you don't find any of that humorous, I'm OK with that. I amuse myself and that's the main thing.

Ben Tucker

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-26-16 06:53PM
pal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pal Find more posts by pal Add pal to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pal
Harvey Hacksmasher

Repeat for Sieg in the Geezer Cup?

01-26-16 07:59PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Yeah. Probably. Now I'm screwed. I already picked O'Leary, so I can't pick Sieg. If I pick both of them, my manhood could be brought into question. We cannot have that.

The pools look pretty even to me. I don't really see a Pool Of Death. I could argue that Pool B is extra tough because their lower seeds are pretty dang good. I think Ho will do some damage. I could also see people viewing Pool C as the Pool of Death.

I'll go with a longshot. Gimme Mellerup to win it. Dennis and The Screwups won a good spiel out east recently.

Beads shoots a new lineup. Tough road being in Sieg's pool. I kinda like Lemke to make it out to the playoffs.

Erickson picks up the Holt brothers and those boys can really play. They will threaten either Pustovar or Fraboni in Pool B and everyone should worry about every game in that pool. Ho will win some games. Gimme Erickson and Fraboni is a wide open pool.

Goodland comes back to Seniors and I like him to advance. Wright is always tough, but I prefer Mellerup.

So I have Sieg, Lemke, Fraboni, Erickson, Goodland and Mellerup. I'll stick with my longshot attitude and have Mellerup over Goodland in the finals. Sieg and Beads and Pusty and Wright will just have to forgive me.

World gold medal, Larry? Yeah, that was last year. What have you done for me lately? (OK, just kidding)

Ben Tucker

01-28-16 11:22AM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Oops. I didn't realize that The Geezer Cup was being contested in Medford. With Lemke at home, that might make Pool A the Pool Of Death. Dang pools look pretty even to me.

Game 1 in the books for the Geezers. Cougar Curling doesn't start until tonight.

Tuck

01-28-16 06:40PM
Kiwi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kiwi Click here to Send Kiwi a Private Message Find more posts by Kiwi Add Kiwi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kiwi
Harvey Hacksmasher

Good luck to all the competitors - we'll say g'day to the winners in April

01-30-16 01:25AM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Ah, our good buddy Kiwi. I'm still drinking free Molson from last year. Those crazy Canucks do love to bet on you. I'm pretty sure I'll be declining those bets this year. Something in my gut tells me you are overdue for a good one.

I checked the standings to see how my picks are doing. In the Geezeers, meh. Still in the hunt, but the standing are looking like all favorites. I need a good day tomorrow. Dennis and the Screwups helped with a big win over the Chicago Mob today after dropping one to Portland. Portland??? So I'm not yet thrilled with my Geezer picks.

Then I checked my Cougar pick. Right on top! I'm looking like a genius! I'm probably the only person in the Nation to pick O'Leary. OK, maybe a few thousand other picked them as well. Maybe "genius" is a little strong. Maybe I should aim for "not stupid".

Ben Tucker

01-30-16 11:39AM
pal is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pal Find more posts by pal Add pal to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pal
Harvey Hacksmasher

Big games at noon today for Pool C.

Portland has a pretty nice little club out there. Three sheeter I believe. Would be nice to see these guys pull out another big win.

01-31-16 12:19AM
birvin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for birvin Click here to Send birvin a Private Message Visit birvin's homepage! Find more posts by birvin Add birvin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
birvin
Harvey Hacksmasher

The boys from Portland pulled out two good round robin wins, but the sharks in pool C were deadly, so they'll go home now.

Bruce I. (president, Tomlinson fan club)

01-31-16 10:10AM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Seems to be trouble with the site, but I'm thinking we have tiebreakers galore.

Pool A has Beads tied with Lemke with Sieg undefeated Good prediction on my part.

Pool C has Dennis and the Screwups tied with the Chicago Mob and Goodland undefeated. Good prediction on my part.

Pool B has Erickson, Pusty and Frabroni all tied with one loss. Great prediction on my part.

Ben Tucker
Sorry, but I have to brag quickly in case one of my picks loses a tiebreaker.

01-31-16 10:47PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Congratulations to Norma O'Leary, Linda Christensen (mother of Cory), Mary Shields (one of curling's wonderful people) and Lucy DeVore (Phil got bronze in the Geezer Cup, so another good weekend).

Good luck at Worlds. We'll be cheering for you.

Ben Tucker (correctly predicted this one...I'm probably the only person in the entire nation to correctly pick them)

02-01-16 02:15PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Congratulation to Team Goodland (especially Big Daddy Pete Westberg) on winning The Geezer Cup. Good luck at Worlds.

The Goodlanders winning the Final makes my picks look pretty good. I had them picked for Silver and Norma for Gold in the Cougar Cup, so not bad at all. All of my Geezer picks at least made a tiebreaker and I didn't take the top two seeds in any of the pools. Not bad for a dirt farmer. I do wish Dennis and the Screwups had done a touch better so that I would look smarter, but they did OK. I'm surprised that Ho didn't do better. In hindsight, that B Pool (with Pusty, Fraboni and Erickson) was the Pool Of Death and pretty tough on Team Ho. Still, they had Fred at third and I think they can compete at this level.

Ben Tucker

02-01-16 03:01PM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

A very impressive run by Goodland going undefeated against a solid group of opponents. Especially impressive win over a Sieg team that had been having it's way with the Senior Circuit both domestically and internationally for the last year.

Great year team Sieg.

Tuck, I give you credit for picking Mellerup since they did make the playoffs but Norma O'Leary gets you nothing.

I did pick fellow Cheesehead Goodland to win it all, I just forgot to post.

02-01-16 05:21PM
clutch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for clutch Click here to Send clutch a Private Message Find more posts by clutch Add clutch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
clutch
Hitting Paint

Congrats Goodland rink!!

Me too biterbar - I was going with Goodland but just forgot to post I don't think we'll get too far with those stories. Seriously, congrats to the Goodland rink, good luck in Sweden. Very pleased with the the Heather Curling Club connection and Jeffy Annis in the lead hole. We have been fortunate to churn out Johnny "land rover" Landsteiner, Petey "big broom" Annis,bling bling Myers, Kev Johnson, nice junior mens team this year at Junior Nationals and some more that were runner-up in Wisconsin. Ok- I'll quit before I sound like JH We're all brithers eh

clutch

02-01-16 07:10PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Wow. Biterbar is really reaching now. Is he claiming The Goodlanders for Wisconsin? 3 curlers from Minnesota and 1 from Eau Claire (which is practically an eastern suburb of Minneapolis). A bit of a stretch.

It doesn't matter. They are Team USA now and belong to all of us. Two good teams off to Senior Worlds. The very best of luck to both of them.

Ben Tucker

PS Clutch is so right about so many things. Bets made after the start of an event will not be honored. Bets made after the conclusion of an event, so sorry biterbar, will only be laughed at.

PPS I will not be taking any action on New Zealand this year at Worlds