W: Viterra Saskatchewan Women's Challenge
W: Manitoba Scotties - West 2 Regional
W: Manitoba Scotties - West 1 Regional
W: Manitoba Scotties - South Regional
M: Dumfries Challenger Series
M: BC Mens - North Playdown
W: Wheelchair Curling Baltic League: Stage 3
Default (ET)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Red Deer Curling classic

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 4 of 5 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
11-21-18 10:44PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Drawmaster

I may be wrong but I thought the fifth on Team Jacobs is named Flaxey. Please correct me if I am wrong. BUT, if I'm correct why not use him.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

11-21-18 10:46PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
Indefinite leave? Sounds like a long time to me and I think they will need to look at someone that could go the distance this season.

In curling terms "Indefinite Leave" basically means as long as it takes the thing to blow over - and whether Jacobs will take him back.

Answer to A. = prolly around N. Ont playdowns and B. Yes, he will - - - Ryan Fry is an unparalleled shot-smith. The only two guys on the planet who are available and at the same level (or better) than Fry are Johnny Mo & Mark Kennedy. Kennedy seems resolute in sitting out the year - he needs to get his body back to normal; so Johnny Mo, who's been curling up a mixed storm with Kaitlyn Lawes is the logical step-in.

Main concern about Morris - if he's gonna do it he'd probably want to go the entire year, not just to N. Ont playdowns. Can't say I blame him!

11-22-18 12:36AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Drawmaster

NOT INDEFINITE

Ryan himself reported he's taking " a leave". Team Jacobs reported leave from the next 2 events. Somehow Sportsnet, TSN ,WCT and CBC have ALL got it wrong. They've all copied and pasted the same misinformation. Dare I say fake news. At this point it's 2 spiels only. It may in turn be more but I do hope he does come back to the team in the new year. I was concerned about ongoing sponsorship, but for all of those spewing negative responses here, those of you who haven't done or said something stupid in your past, stand up and take a bow. The rest of us, 99% of us, understand. Ryan, I hope you get the help you seek, and come back better than ever. Go Jacobs Go. COME ON !!!

11-22-18 10:03AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

If the self-imposed exile is only 2 or 3 spiels then I suspect Kennedy won't even consider offers to come off the bench (he's been totally inactive this season, rehabbing his body) and while John Morris might listen, he'd be interested in an offer which got him to the Shows (Brier, Worlds) vs. a couple of toy car spiels.

Thus Tanner Horgan may come into play and/or Matt Wozniak coming on board for a couple assignments w/ EJ moving up to 3rd. Only thing besides cash that Wozniak could ask is permanent status as Team 5th should they proceed to the Brier and Fry back in the saddle.

11-22-18 12:37PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
I will be surprised if he returns to the Jacobs rink. Watching them curl over the past year, it looked at times as though there may be a strained relationship between Ryan and the cousins. Also feel the addition of Ryan to that rink, allowed them to go to another level resulting in ultimate success that they achieved.

Actually I was surprised they stuck together. Jacobs has looked miserable with Fry as his vice. Saw the same look when Fry curled for Gushue.

As for Jamie Koe, he needs to consider his brother, as we have seen the media is mixing them up. Maybe Kevin needs to have a quiet word with Jamie. Maybe skip Jamie should have forfeited the game on behalf of the team before going on the ice. Instead of withdrawing himself. Apologize to the organizers, donate to the club junior program and slip away to a bar to continue drinking. No fuss, little muss.

As for Morris curling with Jacobs, well if ML wants to watch fist fighting - go for it...I have a feeling young Tanner Horgan might be getting a phone call.

11-22-18 01:08PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by albetts
I may be wrong but I thought the fifth on Team Jacobs is named Flaxey. Please correct me if I am wrong. BUT, if I'm correct why not use him.

Flaxey has had more of a coach role than anything else. Though he has stepped in as lead on occasion. If they need a long-term solution, I doubt he's the answer. Generally, the role of a team's fifth is very different from what you'd be looking for from a permanent player.

11-22-18 04:26PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

Actually I was surprised they stuck together. Jacobs has looked miserable with Fry as his vice. Saw the same look when Fry curled for Gushue.

As for Jamie Koe, he needs to consider his brother, as we have seen the media is mixing them up. Maybe Kevin needs to have a quiet word with Jamie. Maybe skip Jamie should have forfeited the game on behalf of the team before going on the ice. Instead of withdrawing himself. Apologize to the organizers, donate to the club junior program and slip away to a bar to continue drinking. No fuss, little muss.

As for Morris curling with Jacobs, well if ML wants to watch fist fighting - go for it...I have a feeling young Tanner Horgan might be getting a phone call.

Jacobs and his cousins have worked hard on tantrum and rage control last few years. They're almost classy now - Fry is the fly in the ointment. He may be incorrigible, who knows?
Morris is 40 now and if he wants a legit shot at another Brier - Jacobs might be hiring.

Not a long route to another Brier. Northern Ontario is an auto-berth for Jacobs. Gushue is king of the hill now in canadian mens curling - but after that there's the Meek Brothers (Reid & McEwen), Bottcher (legit threat this year), Old Glenny (57 but still spinning yarns), Epping is now a solid threat as are a couple teams from Alberta and the Dunstone-Moskowy connection from Sask'n. If Jacobs appears I'd put him at #2 or #3 Brier favorites!

11-22-18 06:18PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

a minor incident that has been addressed

ryan should return as third asap

we posters should mind our own business

11-22-18 07:08PM
alex is online now Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by fresca

You may be right. Although it seems quite public when they have sponsors and seek support.

11-22-18 08:14PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Drawmaster

quote:

Sure a change of attitude. You've come full circle. First, wanting criminal charges against the club, to a minor incident. hmmmmm.

11-22-18 08:41PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

guido -

like talking to trump ...

the incident was minor

it was poorly handled by the club - i may still write a letter of complaint for over serving 14 drinks each to the players - to a g & l commission - waste of time

capiche ?

11-22-18 11:59PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Drawmaster

LOL!!!!!
you do what you gotta do.
I'm beginning to think there are 2 people on this site that are on the wrong medication.

11-23-18 08:40AM
GreatCanadian is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GreatCanadian Click here to Send GreatCanadian a Private Message Find more posts by GreatCanadian Add GreatCanadian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GreatCanadian
Harvey Hacksmasher

First of all, I think Fry actually got the boots from Jacobs. Shortly after the incident Jacobs ripped Fry's behavior in the media. Methinks that they had a little convo, and Jacobs said "You're gone". Jacobs has to protect his sponsors. It has the appearance that Fry left of his own free will, but I don't think that's the case.

Secondly, Fresca, you are out of your mind if you think that the bar is in any way responsible for Fry's behavior. Lot's of people get drunk and don't turn into a******s. Sure if you wanna give the bar a fine for overserving, go ahead, write your letter. But don't forget to send one to Fry as well. Relieving Fry of responsibility is wrong in so many ways. Comparing this to a meth dealer is asinine. Fry, and Fry alone is responsible for his behavior. Stop trying to pretend it's all on the bar. That prevalent attitude in today's society is the "get out of jail free card" that so many search for when they screw up. At least Fry doesn't share the same opinion as you, I'll give him that.

GC

Last edited by GreatCanadian on 11-23-18 at 09:00AM

11-23-18 09:20AM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by GreatCanadian
First of all, I think Fry actually got the boots from Jacobs. Shortly after the incident Jacobs ripped Fry's behavior in the media. Methinks that they had a little convo, and Jacobs said "You're gone". Jacobs has to protect his sponsors. It has the appearance that Fry left of his own free will, but I don't think that's the case.

I don't think it's much of a stretch to think that Fry was basically given a choice between "voluntarily taking an indefinite leave" vs being publicly booted from the team. That's usually how this sort of thing goes down.

11-23-18 09:24AM
GreatCanadian is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GreatCanadian Click here to Send GreatCanadian a Private Message Find more posts by GreatCanadian Add GreatCanadian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GreatCanadian
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by nelsosi

I don't think it's much of a stretch to think that Fry was basically given a choice between "voluntarily taking an indefinite leave" vs being publicly booted from the team. That's usually how this sort of thing goes down.

Yes, I believe that's exactly what happened.

GC

11-23-18 09:53AM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

lol

so i have med probs

and im out of my mind

i write an opinion piece based on the known facts and some of become mind readers and clairvoyants

try sticking to the facts

the club over served illegally

the useless inspectors must have heard about it , but as usual in alberta and manitoba - they never enforce the law

the few people that were there describe it as a minor incident

sorry its pretty obvious that the real perps - the manager and servers are publicity seekers - like stormy daniels

lets try to keep it civil without attacking other posters - cause lets face it if you disagree with me your just plain wrong

18,800 hits -- at 20,000 hits i will say no more

unless you maligne my innocent and brilliant character

11-23-18 10:19AM
scottb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for scottb Find more posts by scottb Add scottb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
scottb
Knee-Slider

You are so full of it !! it's all on Fry! not the server!!

11-23-18 10:25AM
GreatCanadian
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

Ok you can have that one.

But you're ignoring the FACT that Fry requested the alcohol, and then freely and willingly poured it down his own gullet. He's not a 2 year old. Grow up, and stop trying to shift blame from the guilty party. And now I'll save you a little time. Your reply will be "So now I'm immature". My response is "Yes". Done for ya!

Last edited by GreatCanadian on 11-23-18 at 11:23AM

11-23-18 12:49PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Drawmaster

quote:
lol

so i have med probs

and im out of my mind

i write an opinion piece based on the known facts and some of become mind readers and clairvoyants

the useless inspectors must have heard about it , but as usual in alberta and manitoba - they never enforce the law

the few people that were there describe it as a minor incident

sorry its pretty obvious that the real perps - the manager and servers are publicity seekers - like stormy daniels

lets try to keep it civil without attacking other posters - cause lets face it if you disagree with me your just plain wrong

unless you maligne my innocent and brilliant character

as I asked you before, what would have happened if they were in their room getting plastered? Is someone supposed to stop them? They are adults, when will anyone learn to take responsibility for their own actions (well Fry has) and be accountable for what they have done, instead of always the blame game.

11-23-18 03:15PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

im guess they would not have had 14 drinks at their hotel room

it is not illegal to drink or get intoxicated

all of the damage was done by the club in this case

overserved and went public

staff needs to be reprimanded - licence suspended

to the what iffers - what if the club served you 10 drinks and you killed some kids in a street walk - still think the club is so great - didnt think so

20,520 hits

11-23-18 03:45PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Drawmaster

quote:
im guess they would not have had 14 drinks at their hotel room

it is not illegal to drink or get intoxicated

overserved and went public

staff needs to be reprimanded - licence suspended

to the what iffers - what if the club served you 10 drinks and you killed some kids in a street walk - still think the club is so great - didnt think so

20,520 hits

I certainly would have no problem going to the club for drinks. No one is going to force them on me either. I would drink as I pleased. If I drank too much and got out of hand, I would also blame myself and hold myself accountable for my own actions. After all, I am an adult.

That is the problem with every things these days. No one holds themselves accountable for anything, it is always someone else's fault.

I understand and can see what you are saying if these were underage persons getting plastered. But it was not, it was adult's, who I might add, have been around a bit and know the what they should and should not be doing. They should have also known the consequences.

Who is to say other people were not buying drinks for them...after all, if I was at an even and saw Ryan, I might just want to buy him a drink.

Anyway, we will never be on the same side - take responsibility, hold yourself accountable and why blame some guy or girl trying to make a living. Or the club for that matter.

I hate the blame game.

Happy Hollidays!

(who cares hot many hits) It does not mean nothing, I often look at something, read a couple of words and quit.

Thinking we should not have a Brier Patch in Brandon this year.....lol. So much for revenue. Considering Brandon started the Brier Patch.

Last edited by CURLER1 on 11-23-18 at 03:48PM

11-23-18 03:54PM
guido
Drawmaster

quote:

PLEASE!!!!

11-23-18 03:57PM
guido
Drawmaster

quote:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11-23-18 05:07PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

funny my case is full of facts and you co9me up with wow , and in my day6

and 20,000 hits means im playing with your tiny brains

the boys did nothing that hasnt been done 1000 times before

labonte did exactly the same think to us 40 years in Hibbing - we just beat him soundly and moved on to win the final

what a whiney bunch of chicken littles

11-23-18 05:49PM
CURLER1
Drawmaster

quote:
funny my case is full of facts and you co9me up with wow , and in my day6

and 20,000 hits means im playing with your tiny brains

the boys did nothing that hasnt been done 1000 times before

labonte did exactly the same think to us 40 years in Hibbing - we just beat him soundly and moved on to win the final

what a whiney bunch of chicken littles

I hope the bartender cuts you off soon, you are starting to make spelling errors and not really making much sense.

I am out of here - and just because someone looks at it, doesn't mean they read it.....I do that all the time on sites.