W: Viterra Saskatchewan Women's Challenge
M: BC Mens - Lower Mainland Playdowns
W: BC Scotties Open Event #1
M: Dumfries Challenger Series
M: CurlON Men's Cash Spiel - Acton
M: BC Mens - Kootenay Playdowns
W: Wheelchair Curling Baltic League: Stage 3
Default (ET)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > 2018 World Mens - Las Vegas

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 7 of 7 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-09-18 09:57AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Great game played by Sweden. All the best to Edin as he undergoes surgery on his back and shoulder this summer. May be awhile before we see him in Canada again.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-09-18 10:26AM
darkwing01 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for darkwing01 Click here to Send darkwing01 a Private Message Find more posts by darkwing01 Add darkwing01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
darkwing01
Harvey Hacksmasher

Great game by Edin, lets hope it's not the last time we see him play. hopefully he makes a full recovery

04-09-18 12:05PM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

Regarding TSN coverage:

First let me say I am grateful for all the coverage we get from TSN. I watch a ton of it and will continue to do so. However, I must say that Russ and Cheryl have started to annoy me especially this year. I get that for the World's some bias towards Canada is fine but they were over the top this year. Russ especially always seems to think that the other teams are always facing really difficult shots and are in big trouble. Then Edin especially just goes down and makes it solidly. A couple of times last night (before Edin's last in second and last in the fourth), I thought Gushue's team had left a rock or two in the wrong spot. They left Edin with a somewhat difficult shot and he made them. Russ and crew seemed like wow how did that happen?

Canada also missed some shots because of the way they were thrown and not because of the rocks or ice or frost. I just think the TSN crew needs to realize that the other teams can read the ice and angles maybe better than they are given credit for.

Gushue's team are fantastic and I am a big fan but they were not the best team this week.

Anyway, that's my little rant for the day and with what has happened in my province this weekend; in the big picture it is not really important.

04-09-18 02:06PM
corn broom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for corn broom Click here to Send corn broom a Private Message Find more posts by corn broom Add corn broom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
corn broom
Harvey Hacksmasher

Well said, Prairie guy! I agree with most everything said, I think the 6 team playoff is dumb; someone at 1- 6 should not still be alive for the playoffs. Regarding the final It was Sweden’s night and that is just curling, we always say if they played 10 games what we be the outcome but when you play only one (well 2 with RR) these things are going to happen and Edin is damn good. I can’t put any blame on anything else, rocks, ice, etc. Canada is supposed to have the best rock matcher and the ice was great. That is a big pet peeve when people blame ice, the stuff they play on is so advanced in the last few years it isn’t even funny. My Monday rant

04-09-18 03:19PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by prairie guy
Gushue's team are fantastic and I am a big fan but they were not the best team this week.

I think this needs to be emphasized. Edin's team was the best in the world this year (and probably last year too). I felt a bit for them when they lost the Gold in Pyeongchang, so I'm glad they capped off the season with a win at the worlds.

04-09-18 10:04PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

the queen arrived home today - well fed and up $200

it was world curling tv crew with only a couple of tsn camera men
- not a peep from vic , russ, cheryl

the earphones had 2 channels

- wcf feed of one game

- - players micd on that game
- GREAT Idea - espec if they speak english

ernie richardson was intervied on jumbo between ends once and looked great

04-12-18 01:15PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by nelsosi

I think this needs to be emphasized. Edin's team was the best in the world this year (and probably last year too). I felt a bit for them when they lost the Gold in Pyeongchang, so I'm glad they capped off the season with a win at the worlds.

Agree. Marginally better than Gushue in the 2016 - '17 season and on his way to duplicate in 2017 - '18. Has not won a Grand Slam this season although he could well make that happen before month end.

However, having stuffed more than $1.5 M of Swedish funding into their wallets over the last 10 years or so, I won't be upset should they not win either the Players' or the Champions Cup.

04-13-18 01:34PM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

Keep in mind, that's $1.5M divided five ways over 10 years.

So...it's not like they were making a princely sum....it works out to about $30K/player/year.

That ain't enough to live on, particularly when you gotta travel to another country and live out of hotels for 8 months a year.