Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 3 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
05-14-14 11:15PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Curlers in the Pacific Northwest should pay attention to a young filly named Stopshoppingdebbie. She's the daughter of Curlin and remains undefeated in 6 starts. She's won sprints and won at long distances...some of them with stopwatch-melting times.

I've never heard of Emerald Downs.

Ben Tucker

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

05-15-14 08:05AM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Early call.

Chrome wins. Play Dynamic Impact, Kid Cruz and Social Inclusion underneath in the exacta and tri. Throw in Ride on Curlin for the super.

I just don't see CC losing unless something strange happens.

Ria Antonia gets last.

JH
probably won't bet

05-15-14 08:33AM
CURLS4LYFE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLS4LYFE Click here to Send CURLS4LYFE a Private Message Find more posts by CURLS4LYFE Add CURLS4LYFE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLS4LYFE
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by jhcurl
Early call.

Chrome wins. Play Dynamic Impact, Kid Cruz and Social Inclusion underneath in the exacta and tri. Throw in Ride on Curlin for the super.

I just don't see CC losing unless something strange happens.

Ria Antonia gets last.

JH
probably won't bet

I completely agree with the curler who has spoken before me. I think California Chrome has almost got it in the bag.

05-15-14 03:58PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

very much rambling. Check out the live video feed from the International Space Station.

http://eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/

JH
90 minutes to circle the earth

05-15-14 05:28PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

So here are the bets I am thinking about. I would need to make them tomorrow since Saturday is the GNCC annual meeting.

Two tri keys
Chrome with Social with 1,2,5,7,10
Social with Chrome with 1,2,5,7,10

Exacta key
Social with 1,2,5,7,10

15 units total, bet as you like.

Social Inclusion has the best shot to steal this from the front.

JH
mentioning the GNCC meeting costs me a 3 day ban which coincides with the end of the meeting!

05-17-14 04:59PM
DBZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DBZ Click here to Send DBZ a Private Message Visit DBZ's homepage! Find more posts by DBZ Add DBZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DBZ
Swing Artist

1$ Tri
2$ Ex both 3, 10, 8, 1

$10 across Curlin just cause

Just so not excited about this one...

Hope u nail the Spuper JH

Still remiss about not accepting Ben'z trade for Moogie...

05-17-14 05:41PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Youngest son did was on ring weekend. Daughter did a ladder with curly 5 to win 10 to place and 20 to show.

I had to bet yesterday because we are finally planting. I used chrome curly and social in both an exacta box and a trifecta box. I feat jh is right and the winner might not pay a profit.

I also did a super high 5 because I've never heard of one. Worse than a superfecta. I have 3.8.10 with 1.3.4.7.8.10 with 1.3.4.7.8.10 with 1.3.4.7.8.10 with 1.4.7.8

Live and learn.

05-19-14 07:47AM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

So....appears the nasal strip thing could derail the triple crown chase....

Anyone actually think they'd deny the strip? given that the Horse Racing Industry has been relying on the need for a TC champion to save itself for a couple decades now? hell...I suspect the Belmont Stewards would approve rockets in the horse's rear if it would make the Chrominator run.

Looks like we're gonna be in a situation where everyone and his uncle has $2 down on Chrome to take the Belmont, but only so they can say they have him on a TC Champion Ticket if he wins...my prediction is that 2/3 or more of tickets like that wouldn't get cashed, but instead framed or otherwise authenticated as memorabilia. Which probably makes sense, given that the pay will be $2.10 (or whatever the New York legal minimum will be).

05-19-14 11:12AM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

I saved money by not betting on the Preakness. Only bet I would make for the Belmont would be on Commanding Curve and Wicked Strong.

CC looked a little tired at the end of the Preakness.

JH
Sir Wiggins wins the Tour of California, at least I didn't post about that.

05-19-14 12:01PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

And now we are good for the Triple Crown. NYRA approves nasal strip usage on all horses effective immediately.

05-19-14 05:43PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Some day when I tell my grandchildren how Grandpa Ben hit the Derby trifecta and the Preakness trifecta in the same year, none of you people need tell them that the Preakness trifecta was pretty easy and didn't pay much.

My good fortune continues. The exacta box did pay a small profit and the trifecta did OK. Horrible bets in that I didn't double my money, but they did give me the opportunity to cash big if Chrome did not have his A game.

Chrome did have his A game. Great time which should quiet most doubters.

I will be betting against California Chrome in the Belmont. I will not even be including him in the top three and, maybe, not in the top four. Nor will I be including Ride On Curlin in the top three.

Ben Tucker

05-22-14 12:14AM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

True rambling:

I'm not a fan of American Idol. My wife, however, is a fan. She hasn't watched much this year and hasn't forced me to watch in a few years. She did watch tonight's Final.

I didn't watch much, but I did catch bits and pieces.

The 3 judges (Jennifer Lopez, Harry Connick Jr and Keith Urban) were joined by Randy Jackson to perform a little bit. The covered a Fleetwood Mac song and knocked it out of the park. Best thing ever on that show. I'd pay to watch that. Simply amazing.

Ben Tucker

05-23-14 07:32AM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

The unofficial start of Summer. Ocean temperatures still in the 50s and it will be mid 80s on Monday. There will be lots of sunburn on Tuesday.

Everyone have a safe holiday. Thanks to all that have or are serving!

JH

06-03-14 10:27PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Anybody know how to get a hold of Jeremy Witzke in Oklahoma? (promising to talk to him at Arena Nationals does not count)

My wife is going down to OKC to visit the kids and I have questions for Jeremy. Mostly I want to know what is the best beer glass to steal from his Tap Werks Ale House. I'm told that some of the fancy beers come in a special glass and I want to know which one I should have my wife steal from him for me. I'll also need to know how big of a purse she should bring to steal it or if a really big purse would get me a complete set.

Our son avoids gluten, so I'd also like to know if he has food on the menu that is gluten free.

Kris is heading down this weekend, so time is of the essence.

Ben Tucker
(wish I was going with...never curled in Oklahoma before and I could coach him up for Nationals)

06-06-14 03:56PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Team Sky will most likely (99%) leave Sir Bradley Wiggins off the squad for Le Tour. Sky will ride the Criterium du Dauphine without him as a warm up for the TDF.

Wiggins rode the pave this year at Paris-Roubaix, Fromme did not. There will be pave in the TDF this year. Wiggins will be picked up by a different team next year. Would love to see him join Garmin.

JH

06-09-14 04:53PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Well the triple crown goes un-won again. So all that hate the horsie talk can come back.

I hear through the grapevine that the Rocky Top spiel was a blast. Anyone have first hand comments?

Cape Cod summerspiel will soon be here - men's, women's and mixed. Three separate spiels.

Cedar Rapids is hosting their first spiel.

JH
I don't curl in the summer, need the 3 months to get my knees to stop hurting

06-09-14 07:30PM
Alice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Alice Click here to Send Alice a Private Message Find more posts by Alice Add Alice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alice
Swing Artist

Speaking of the Rocky Top spiel, the host club has a link to the funniest and best writeup on curling: for the Sochi season:

http://www.sbnation.com/2010/1/19/1...ur-goes-curling

If there was an award for online articles on curling for 2014 I'd nominate that one. Does WCF have any such annual awards?

06-11-14 02:42PM
rbi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rbi Click here to Send rbi a Private Message Find more posts by rbi Add rbi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rbi
Hitting Paint

Good one!

my nominee: http://mattenglish.kinja.com/a-hate...-1518596416/all

06-11-14 07:00PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

US Open starts in the morning. Think Phil the Thrill will have a chance? One of the young guns? Will Bubba golf win out? The course looks great! 9am EDT starts the action. I predict a surprise winner just not sure who that will be. Maybe the recently single Rory?

JH

06-12-14 12:13PM
curlny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlny Click here to Send curlny a Private Message Find more posts by curlny Add curlny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlny
Hitting Paint

JH...look for some coward, who sat out the last two majors, avoiding the grueling grand slam schedule, only to pick off the win on fresh legs....

06-12-14 12:52PM
rbi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rbi Click here to Send rbi a Private Message Find more posts by rbi Add rbi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rbi
Hitting Paint

two words: Bub. Ba.

06-12-14 04:35PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by rbi
two words: Bub. Ba.

More like Bub. Ba(d).

Anyone that finishes under par in the afternoon flight today has a really good chance. Really interesting that Phil said in an interview that the course will play easier today and tomorrow since they have so many golfers to get around the course.

JH

06-12-14 07:18PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Two words. Martin Kaymer. 5 under in the afternoon flight. If he shoots 1 or 2 under tomorrow morning that could be the winning number. 6 under and can than shoot 2 over on Saturday and Sunday to finish 2 under.

06-13-14 11:04AM
rbi
Hitting Paint

Kaymer looked good yesterday. But I think he's going to fall back and somebody else will catch. Doubtful it will be Bubba. Too bad, Bubba.

06-13-14 07:37PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Kaymer's event to lose at this point. Up 6 on one and 7+ on everyone else. Unless he goes out and shoots 85 tomorrow it is not a contest.

Phil is a non-factor, missed 4 putts from 5 feet.

Just do not see anyone catching Kaymer.

JH
one month until the TDF