Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 9 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-23-17 01:53PM
ott-am is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ott-am Click here to Send ott-am a Private Message Find more posts by ott-am Add ott-am to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ott-am
Swing Artist

middaugh is one of the very few teams out there right now with a positive H2H record against rachel. [/B][/QUOTE]

Close to 50:50 in the head to head:

http://www.curlingzone.com/game.php...owgameid=175140

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-23-17 09:48PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

NS Tankard and Scotties

Link to online streaming for both starts Tuesday morning.

http://player.communitylive.ca/Player/GetEvent/3128

Or live TV on Bell community one TV.

Bell is the same online cover as the Mayflower spiel last fall. Good quality video and a few local commentators.

01-26-17 08:54PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

pretty massive upset in alberta with geri-lynn ramsay taking out val sweeting . val and casey both down to b, which means one of them will have to go through the C road..or both will

the combo of heather and shannon has won her 2 games meanwhile and will play ramsay in the A final tonight. pretty sure thats an A final no one saw coming.

I hope shannon win it. would give her 2 chances at making the final and then you never know what can happen in a final

01-27-17 06:58AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Thanks to a massive steal it f 3 in the 8th end kleibrink won the A final.

think heather kipped that game. i know shannon skipped game 2 and heather skipped game 1.

Last edited by misty1 on 01-27-17 at 09:26AM

01-27-17 09:38AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

So Heather is the 5th?
Or Shannon is ailing (she's late 40s isn't she?) and they called Heather up?

Either way pretty exciting for Alberta curling to have Heather Nedohin back in the mix!

Looks like Casey is still a year away from sustaining her hi-level play at provincials. Still could figure into the playoff mix.

I suspect the mix will include Team Kleibrink (obviously they won A-side), Val, Casey & probably G.L. (unless G.L. goes out in a quick blaze)

yep, heather is the 5th. shannon has a bad back so heather steps in and skips when shannon needs her too. i know fur sure that heather skipped game one and shannon skipped game 2, i follow heather on twitter.

just checked again and see that heather did indeed skip to the win last night.

val has what could be a tough one against nadine chyz next. chyz has quietly had a really good season. not many people talking about her but she could factor in to the final 4 as well

we probably are heading to a sweeting v.s scheidegger showdown though. i agree val is probably to strong to go 3 and out. scheidegger looks like the more likely of the 2 to go 3 and out

something you might be interested to know: i read an article where heather has said that her and david are planning on playing in the alberta mixed double provincials

Last edited by misty1 on 01-27-17 at 09:53AM

01-27-17 10:12AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

I like how level is the playing field in NS... say as opposed to Quebec, or PEI. There are lots of equal teams who are shooting for the Scotties. Arsenault, the biggest "name" is at 3 losses now. Having the ability to watch the games, I see aggressive play, and pretty good execution. I see athletic women and no handshakes. They are doing the forearm bump - probably to avoid germ transfer. NS is heading to TBs methinks.

01-27-17 11:54AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

I see Sarah Mallais is at 3 and oh, in NB. I looked at her history. I see she moved from Fredericton to Saint John. I see she has loyal curlers and has been advanced to the skip position, still holding the confidence of those curling above her in previous seasons. I know nothing about her, but maybe she is a dark horse. Curiouser and curiouser.

01-27-17 04:06PM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Last RR game in NS. Arsenault is playing to drag Brothers back into the 3-3 pack... not to mention to keep herself alive. Mattatall is assured a PlayOff spot. Tough Scotties out there on the coast.

01-27-17 04:15PM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

I didn't know Brette and Blaine were sisters! Nice background on Team BC - Marla Mallett http://www.princegeorgecitizen.com/...#undefined.uxfs

01-27-17 06:19PM
TNH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TNH Click here to Send TNH a Private Message Find more posts by TNH Add TNH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TNH
Hitting Paint

How do you approach tonights final round robin game if you are Lawton or Silvernagle? The teams have clinched the Page 1-2 game rendering tonights match as meaningful only to paying fans. Is it time to give the 5ths quality time on the ice? Do you go all out to keep the ,momentum going? Or are you happy to get some rest and shake after 6?

Just curious what you think as I can't say I've ever been there!

01-28-17 03:56PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by TNH
How do you approach tonights final round robin game if you are Lawton or Silvernagle? The teams have clinched the Page 1-2 game rendering tonights match as meaningful only to paying fans. Is it time to give the 5ths quality time on the ice? Do you go all out to keep the ,momentum going? Or are you happy to get some rest and shake after 6?

Just curious what you think as I can't say I've ever been there!

i know the game is over, sorry for being late. but in that situation id go all out. winning means having hammer in the page game and that could be huge

01-28-17 04:00PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

round robin over in manitoba

jones v.s englot in the 1 v.s 1 game

einarson v.s robertson and birchard v.s reed and the 2 winners to play in the 2 v.s 2 game. robertson just handled einarson pretty easily..might she beat kerri 2 times in a row on knock out the defending champ?

shannon game jen her best test so far, went down in admirable effort . hopefully she can win the tie

in nova scotia the mens final is decided:

murphy v.stuart thompson

brothers playing breen in the semis. winner faces mary mattatal

in new brunswick young sarah malais makes the final. justine comeau into the semis. sylvie robichaud will play melissa adams in a tiebreaker to determine who plays comeau in the semis. im pulling for comeau to win it all. thats a really good young team

and early going in the 2 c qualifiers in alberta but virtue popped a 4 on scheidegger and leads 4-3 after 4. could be seeing one the pre event favorites go down far earlier than expected. one thing to note for sure is that scheidegger does not have that dominant prescence in the province that sweeting or curlers before her have had.

sweeting v.s kleibrink in the 1 v.s 2 game. come on kleibrink!!

Last edited by misty1 on 01-28-17 at 04:03PM

01-28-17 04:29PM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

I noticed that NL women have finished their RR and Strong just got bumped to two losses, 3rd position. Curtis and Hardy each at one loss. Will strong miss the playoffs? I haven't researched the playoff format yet. Who is the favourite?

01-28-17 04:37PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
I noticed that NL women have finished their RR and Strong just got bumped to two losses, 3rd position. Curtis and Hardy each at one loss. Will strong miss the playoffs? I haven't researched the playoff format yet. Who is the favourite?

Newfoundland just has a short round Robin with the top 2 teams advancing to the final so, yes Strong is out. Stacie curtis Should be favored to defend her title

Men's side Adam Boland will play..and this might come as a shock: Brad gushue in the final

01-28-17 05:12PM
Par89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Par89 Find more posts by Par89 Add Par89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Par89
Swing Artist

Hardy is Mark Nichols sister, lots of experience

01-28-17 05:48PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Scheidegger and Ramsay are the final 2 qualifiers in alberta

01-28-17 06:25PM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Par89
Hardy is Mark Nichols sister, lots of experience

Oh! That's an interesting tidbit. And thanks Misty, for the bkgnd.

Re: AB - I am glad to see Scheidegger make it to the playoffs... after giving up a foursey! I hope to see them succeed. and Re: MB - TBs - not surprised to see Birchard up after six. Robertson stole two on Einerson. Who will succeed - sage or youth?

Robertson is in full control. Another indicator of the strength of the Express group. Einarson will not be satisfied.

Last edited by nelski on 01-28-17 at 06:59PM

01-28-17 07:23PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Wow , Robertson just completely demolished einarson. Defending champ out

Birchard through as well. I'd be really interested in a birchad v.s Jones final.

01-28-17 08:57PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

gushue out of newfoundland ..again.

its nothing against gushue at all but its just gotten to the point where i dont even need to check the results anymore. something has to be done , anything to help get these other newfoundland teams up to a level where they can challenge brad.

it would be nice to see someone new get out of that province.

at this rate brad will be in his 50's and still getting to the brier out of newfoundland.

01-28-17 08:59PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

stacie curtis defends her title and will rep newfoundland at the scotties again this year

and in nova scotia jill brothers has made the final and will play mary mattatal for the title

01-28-17 09:57PM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
something has to be done , anything to help get these other newfoundland teams up to a level where they can challenge brad.

Pour On Money. Hit the Tour. TeamGushue has a pretty good machine built. The OlyMedal was their leverage. Could the prov assoc help? Gonna be a great Brier though. Still wanna go.

01-28-17 10:08PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by nelski

Pour On Money. Hit the Tour. TeamGushue has a pretty good machine built. The OlyMedal was their leverage. Could the prov assoc help? Gonna be a great Brier though. Still wanna go.

a lot of the teams based in the atlantic provinces just have trouble getting out to spiels. i definitely think curling canada could help. surely they see the need to try and grow the game there. i dont know what kinds of programs are in place within the province but they obviously arent working.

01-28-17 10:44PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

michele englot up 7-3 on jones after 7. looks like it'll be englot in the final and jones v.s robertson in the semis unless jones and birchard make some big comebacks

01-28-17 11:21PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Young Miss Birchard didn't live up to the hype and shook hands early w/ her latest conqueror - the veteran Robertson.

Englot looks like she's watched a ton of JJ's games over the years - and knows exactly how to bait Jones and set the trap. Jones falls hard, when she's behind and her tendency for questionable rock-positioning always creates problems.

I suspect Jones will come off the loss to Englot like water off a duck's back - BUT she'll still struggle vs. Robertson Sunday a.m on Sportsnet (8am eastern).

At 53 Michelle Englot finally found the horses to do some damage. Her front end girls are both bigger and physically stronger (not to mention younger) than JJ's long-time lieutenant Jill Officer. In Kate Cameron Englot has a solid and reliable 3rd who might not be in the same league as the so-called Canadian super-3rd (Miskew, Lawes, Olson-Johns) but she does whatever needs to be done. Englot, a far more defensive strategist to Jones cannot create offense as JJ can - BUT she defends better and doesn't leave her team as exposed as Jones does.

That said - I don't think Englot could hold up all that well over a full week of STOH curling - her best finish might be 8-3, although I think 7-4 (and a tiebreaker or outright 4th) record is her destiny!

Robertson would finish out of the playoff hunt - somewhere between 4-7 and 6-5.

Jones, now curling at a distinctly lower level than last 4 years is vulnerable to any team who challenges her rock placement and who's skip can make all the basic shots. I think JJ makes the playoffs - either 7-4 or 8-3. Her defensive shortcomings and her own personal deterioration as a shot-maker (probably still 75 to 81 most games vs. 79 to 89 prior)dictates she will have limited success against the super teams and got even get stung by a Scotties fawn (or 2)

Besides, after an entire half week of NOT being on TV - she gets to make up for that big-time Sunday - with two potential appearances!

what are you talking about? the live score on curl manitoba has birchard now tied with robertson 6-6..or are you there in person?

englot gets a 9th end deuce and thats game.

01-28-17 11:33PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

eek. All 3 favorites (Lawton,Sweeting,Jones) lose their 1-2 games and drop to the semi-final.