Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Next Olympic Cycle Team Changes

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 7 of 12 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-13-18 01:11PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

don't know - all I was told was McEwen and Carruthers will be teaming up, by someone I think is very reliable.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-13-18 01:32PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by CURLER1
don't know - all I was told was McEwen and Carruthers will be teaming up, by someone I think is very reliable.

Maybe Brett Laing "relocates" to Winnipeg and Hebert is the import.

03-13-18 01:33PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by c_anabranch
And the first big men's team breakup is announced as Mike McEwen's team is splitting.
https://www.facebook.com/McEwenCurl...167466569947552

not entirely unexpected. so many women's teams that you didn't see coming have broken up. it's shocking in a way but also not.

03-13-18 01:34PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Now as I told ML a few days ago wait for the announcement that Carruthers and McEwen will join up. Told by someone in the know - hope it is true.

would be an interesting combination. could be a powerhouse team.

if braeden stays in manitoba i wonder if he curls with them.

if reid and mike are joining up i could see braeden going back to saskatchewan and skipping a team there

maybe each brings a team member with them. mike brings matt and reid brings colin?

03-13-18 01:48PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

I hope your reliable news is not true. Mike and Reid don’t seem like a good pairing. Dunstone and Mike, now that would be interesting.

03-13-18 04:35PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by guido
I hope your reliable news is not true. Mike and Reid don’t seem like a good pairing. Dunstone and Mike, now that would be interesting.

Well they are very good friends, but of course, curling together could be different than just a friendship.

My source curled in the provincials and even went and saw Mike while he was in the hospital.

03-13-18 06:57PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

The mystery gets closer to being solved Braeden Moskowy is leaving Reid & taking the rest of the season off...

03-13-18 07:02PM
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
The mystery gets closer to being solved Braeden Moskowy is leaving Reid & taking the rest of the season off...

link: http://www.thegrandslamofcurling.co...eam-carruthers/

03-13-18 07:48PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

A post on Moskowy's twitter feed: I played this season on a broken ankle which hasn't been very much fun. The fellas are gonna play out the rest of the year & I'm gonna take this time to get the wheel fixed & rehabbed so I'm ready to roll for next season. Thanks to everyone for all the support over our 4 years.

03-13-18 08:01PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

not really surprised braeden is leaving. while they have had success their 2 brier appearances mark a combined record of 9-13 which is disappointing to say the least for such a good team

doesn't give an idea of what he'll do next season or if he plans on taking a year off.

03-13-18 08:47PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Can you curl on a broken ankle?

03-13-18 11:54PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

Most of us have enough trouble curling on a good ankle.

03-14-18 01:33AM
MBTuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MBTuck Click here to Send MBTuck a Private Message Find more posts by MBTuck Add MBTuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MBTuck
Harvey Hacksmasher

Does Moskowy go back to Sask and skip team Laycock? I had heard from a legit source a month ago that Dunstone was done with that team after this season. Who knows if their mild success at the Brier changed any of that. I think Steve isn't quite the shotmaker to compete against the elite skips but Braeden could transition easily back into that skipping role.

03-14-18 08:06AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by decade
Can you curl on a broken ankle?

i'm not criticizing his choice. and his ankle should be healed by september

03-14-18 09:27AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Seems Jeff Stoughton is going to fill in on Reid's team for the Elite 10. Wonder what position he'll play.

03-14-18 09:36AM
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by albetts
Seems Jeff Stoughton is going to fill in on Reid's team for the Elite 10. Wonder what position he'll play.

he is playing third.

will go post under the Elite 10 thread.

03-14-18 09:59AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:

he is playing third.

will go post under the Elite 10 thread.

Thanks for the update. I just read the article under Elite 10 thread. I'm so looking forward to this.

03-14-18 06:58PM
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

Team Sherri Middaugh splitting - not too suprising

copied from their Team Facebook site.

After 8 fun filled years Team Middaugh is grateful for the friendships and adventures throughout their journey. While Jo-Ann and Leigh will continue to chase their dreams, Sherry and Lee will take a step back to spend time with their families and move on with life.
A huge thank you to our sponsors: VR Mechanical, Tim Hortons, RBC Wealth Mgmt, Nacora, OSSC, Balance Plus and Pivot Uniforms. What great relationships we have had with these incredible companies over the years and without their support we could not have achieved what we have.
An enormous thank you to our families who sacrificed right along with us; their undying love and support is what kept us going all these years. We all love this game of curling as it has brought us so much joy, yes some heartache too, with memories and friendships that will last forever.
We have traveled around the world to places like China, Norway, Switzerland, Sweden, the US and all across our great country and we are thankful for all these experiences. As you can see from pictures we have posted we have enjoyed our journey.
A very special thank you to coach Bob Turcotte, our alternate players Kim Tuck, Lori Eddy and Steph LeDrew, mentor Jim Waite and others that have helped us along the way. Thank you to our fans to whom we hope we have entertained and shown that its okay to have a good time while trying to achieve our goals because at the end of the day, its only a game. Its time to shake hands for the last time.

03-18-18 08:51PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Team Jacobs is "staying together" - but was kind of a weak #ohYeah - if you ask me. But - well - it is a declaration, #Iguess.
https://www.sportsnet.ca/curling/te...gether-4-years/

03-18-18 09:23PM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

I don't know who has left Team Aresenault - but they announced a new lead - and an Aussie!
"We are thrilled to welcome two-time World Jr Champ, Kristin Clarke to the team at lead and 2017 AUS Champ, Emma Logan at 5th! Looking forward to next season’s fun & great curling with the new youngin’s."

03-19-18 09:42AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Team Epping just announced through the usual social media channels they are breaking up - as CZ posters have been predicting!

03-19-18 09:45AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

well, team Epping announced this morning on twitter/facebook they are splitting up. probably one of the least surprising team announcements for me. even if i had hoped i was wrong i just saw it coming.

though i will admit i thought, if anything camm would be leaving and john would have to find a new third. however with the whole team splitting up im a little shocked. im wondering where everyone goes. this was john's best team he's had so, in my opinion he's gonna have a hard time finding 3 other guys that he will be as strong with.

i'll be curious to see who he picks up and where everyone lands. no word on anyone stepping back so i assume all 4 will be back with someone next year

03-19-18 10:31AM
NSCoach is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NSCoach Click here to Send NSCoach a Private Message Find more posts by NSCoach Add NSCoach to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NSCoach
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
I don't know who has left Team Aresenault - but they announced a new lead - and an Aussie!
"We are thrilled to welcome two-time World Jr Champ, Kristin Clarke to the team at lead and 2017 AUS Champ, Emma Logan at 5th! Looking forward to next season’s fun & great curling with the new youngin’s."

AUS = Atlantic University Sports

Logan skipped St Francis X avier University in 2017

03-19-18 11:18AM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by NSCoach AUS = Atlantic University Sports. Logan skipped St Francis avier University in 2017

haha. MyBad. I will follow this team.
Also - social media reports Bottcher staying together for next quadrennial.

03-19-18 01:00PM
c_anabranch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for c_anabranch Find more posts by c_anabranch Add c_anabranch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
c_anabranch
Harvey Hacksmasher

Wow, new Team John Epping.
Skip: John, Third: Matt Camm, Second: Brent Laing, Lead: Craig Savill.
https://twitter.com/TeamJohnEpping