Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Next Olympic Cycle Team Changes

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 10 of 12 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-28-18 11:09PM
dugless_zone 13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dugless_zone 13 Click here to Send dugless_zone 13 a Private Message Find more posts by dugless_zone 13 Add dugless_zone 13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

i think Courtney was the out of province player, working for the Alberta Health Services and with Rachel living in Alberta that could be a problem.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-29-18 12:50AM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

I think it would be up to Ontario to decide homan's eligibility to enter their playdowns. I think up till now home and has been considered a university student in Alberta so her normal residence is still Ontario. Not sure how long that can continue?

03-29-18 08:25AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Could go on a long time. Taking 1/2 course per year should not be the definition of a university student.

03-29-18 06:19PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

I hadn't seen this one yet. Muyers and Marsh (SK) two sets of brothers are teaming up.
http://www.humboldtjournal.ca/sport...ason-1.23244584

03-30-18 09:26AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
I hadn't seen this one yet. Muyers and Marsh (SK) two sets of brothers are teaming up.
http://www.humboldtjournal.ca/sport...ason-1.23244584

yeah, i'd posted on that a little earlier. i think it's on the previous page

here's another new team:

skip: tyler tardi
third: sterling middleton
second: alex horvath
lead: matthew hall

announced on team tardi's facebook page.interesting add in hall, who's skipped ontario the last 2 years at juniors.

i also thought hall and horvath both aged out of juniors this year so im assuming tyler and sterling are going to not play juniors next year

03-30-18 07:43PM
memelord is offline Click Here to See the Profile for memelord Find more posts by memelord Add memelord to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
memelord
Knee-Slider

I believe Matt and Alex have one more year left of juniors and Matt will be playing second and Alex will be playing lead

04-03-18 11:21AM
Rock2_YYZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock2_YYZ Find more posts by Rock2_YYZ Add Rock2_YYZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock2_YYZ
Harvey Hacksmasher

So it looks like Calvert is continuing with Kurz at third and picked up McMillan at second and Robbie Gordon at lead.

Dunnstone has teased in twitter that after a hiatus he's going to soon announce some kind of reunion.

Does that mean Doering, Lott and since Gordon has moved on, maybe Wozniak? I know Lott has said at one point he was stepping back. If that happens, then Doering at 3rd, Woz at 2nd and they scare up a lead?

Who else is still out there I might be missing in MB?

04-03-18 02:41PM
drawthepin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for drawthepin Click here to Send drawthepin a Private Message Find more posts by drawthepin Add drawthepin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
drawthepin
Harvey Hacksmasher

Tanner Horgan (NO) has announced the addition of Mark Kean at Vice. Jacob will be moving down to 2nd and Max will be the lead. Source: Facebook

Also Corryn Brown has announced a new team in BC. Ashley Klymchuk has joined the team. Source Facebook

04-03-18 03:52PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

an idea just occured to me.

i wonder if dunstone and moskowy team up.. maybe dunstone reconnects with a junior team mate and picks up moskowy and wozniak.

picture a team with dunstone, moskowy and wozniak on it. that could be an insanely good team

04-03-18 03:54PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

moskowy has announced on twitter he'll be letting us know his new team tonight.

so we've got 2 big announcements coming tonight

04-03-18 04:28PM
Rock2_YYZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock2_YYZ Find more posts by Rock2_YYZ Add Rock2_YYZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock2_YYZ
Harvey Hacksmasher

Riiiiiight,
Moskowy doesn't have a team. And neither does Laycock, right?
Maybe those two pair up, get a local lead and grab Wozniak from out of province. I'm surprised Matt is still a free agent. This has to mean he's forming something with players with legit credentials. So maybe joining SK.

Dunstone heavily suggested a reunion so I don't see it as a brand new makeup. I'm gonna guess Lott and Doering along with either Wozniak or someone new to the team to play lead.

04-03-18 04:51PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Rock2_YYZ
Riiiiiight,
Moskowy doesn't have a team. And neither does Laycock, right?
Maybe those two pair up, get a local lead and grab Wozniak from out of province. I'm surprised Matt is still a free agent. This has to mean he's forming something with players with legit credentials. So maybe joining SK.

Dunstone heavily suggested a reunion so I don't see it as a brand new makeup. I'm gonna guess Lott and Doering along with either Wozniak or someone new to the team to play lead.

the way matt worded it doesn't clarify if he meant the whole junior team is reuniting or if just one of them is reuniting with him . could be he's reuniting with one but adding 2 new players.

i doubt dunstone and moskowy are curling together but it was just a theory that just hit me now

i'm surprised we haven't heard from wozniak yet either. maybe he's stepping back though

Last edited by misty1 on 04-03-18 at 04:55PM

04-03-18 06:36PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Moskowy

New team

Dunstone
Moskowy
Schneider
Kidby

04-03-18 07:55PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

i don't remember dunstone curling with any of them before

this could be either very good team or not. all 4 of those guys have fiery personalities. that doesn't always work out well. if it does though look out. this team is supremely talented and definitely has brier winning potential

04-03-18 08:18PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Potential....Yes, but far from crowning

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
i don't remember dunstone curling with any of them before

this could be either very good team or not. all 4 of those guys have fiery personalities. that doesn't always work out well. if it does though look out. this team is supremely talented and definitely has brier winning potential

Too much praise waaaaay too soon. It's a good team, not great. 3 guys trying to call the game rarely works. Dunstone still very unproven in the MEN'S game. Yes he makes the occasional big runback for the ooohs and aahs for the crowd bus hasn't won anything since juniors as skip.

Let's wait until we see the new Laycock team, even the Casey team,, before we crown Dunstone the SK winner, let alone Brier winner

I think your prediction of somewhere between good and not at all is fairly accurate and I would lean closer to just another pretty good team amongst the other top 20-30.

Last edited by IN-OFF-FOR-2 on 04-03-18 at 08:23PM

04-03-18 08:38PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: Potential....Yes, but far from crowning

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

Too much praise waaaaay too soon. It's a good team, not great. 3 guys trying to call the game rarely works. Dunstone still very unproven in the MEN'S game. Yes he makes the occasional big runback for the ooohs and aahs for the crowd bus hasn't won anything since juniors as skip.

Let's wait until we see the new Laycock team, even the Casey team,, before we crown Dunstone the SK winner, let alone Brier winner

I think your prediction of somewhere between good and not at all is fairly accurate and I would lean closer to just another pretty good team amongst the other top 20-30.

im not saying they're gonna come up and win the brier next year. just looking at that team and the talent on it though there's no denying the potential to do big things is there.

as i said though that is a team of 4 fiery guys and personalities may clash. i don't see a calming influence/voice of reason on there. we'll see

you are right. we'll have to see what teams steve and adam put together. but with this team and the muyres team plus presumably steve and adam's saskatchewan is going to be very exciting to watch next year

Last edited by misty1 on 04-03-18 at 08:40PM

04-03-18 08:42PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Upon reflection..... they will be a good team, with some trepidation. Time will tell.

04-04-18 07:10AM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

More from overseas...Team Feltscher.

Kaufmann (second) taking a break/retiring, Howald (lead) moving up to vice for Feltscher with a new front end coming on board, and Schori (vice) moving on to skip her own team.

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

04-04-18 07:53AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

that's another change no one saw coming. wow

04-04-18 10:09AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Does Dunstone bouncing from team to team say something about him as a team mate? He and Gunner would be perfect together. All show and no do,

04-04-18 11:22AM
Rock2_YYZ
Harvey Hacksmasher

Wow, interesting that Dunstone stayed in SK. This on paper is definitely a better team than Muyres although I could see both playing slams.

I could see this team being a good personality fit. The front end would know to back off and like the Jacobs team they'd learn how to manage all the testosterone.

This team def has potential but needs to develop well to make Brier top 4 unless things really come together and the door opens for them one year. I see them at the level of the Epping team that just broke up. That is one tier below, mostly because as individuals they are high 80s curlers on the back end and mid 80s on the front end. Enough for slams, but need work to get to that next level.

I continue to be shocked that Laycock is left wandering the streets of Saskatoon now that the dust is settling. I think he's an elite player. Does no one like him?

Maybe he joins forces with Casey and Wozniak comes over, but I'm pretty tepid on Adam. He's a talent but everything I have heard points to him not being exactly the hardest worker in the sport. Real curious to see what happens with the spare parts still out there as there are some good pieces.

04-04-18 11:55AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

Laycock really hasn’t won anything. Winning a weak province every other year only gets you brier experience. He will prob join up with Cotter in another weak province.

Last edited by guido on 04-04-18 at 12:30PM

04-04-18 12:42PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by guido
Laycock really hasn’t won anything. Winning a weak province every other year only gets you brier experience. He will prob join up with Cotter in another weak province.

Very wise prediction. Just announced

04-04-18 12:44PM
Rock2_YYZ
Harvey Hacksmasher

I like Laycock alot.
A number of big shots he missed were because of the front end, in my opinion.

Cotter
Laycock
Griffith
Sawatsky

I like this.
Good for him.

I'm loving the shuffling that has happened across the board.

04-04-18 01:32PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

to say this is a surprise would be an understatement. i never thought i'd see the day when steve wasn't playing out of saskatchewan