Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 5 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-11-16 01:33PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Juniors 2016

I believe our "A" Team ice makers are down in Las Vegas for the C Cup. Fortunately, our "B" Team ice crew is pretty dang good. National Juniors cranks up this weekend in Willmar...home of the world's best zamboni operator. Rudy Bloomquist is doing ice. It should be a really good show.

No betting line for Juniors. It is unwise to bet on curling and immoral to bet on Juniors. Previews of each gender to follow.

Ben Tucker

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-11-16 02:17PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Junior Ladies (I realize that it's called Junior Women's, but that never felt right to me...Junior Girls doesn't sound right...I prefer Junior Ladies')

The HPP team skipped by Cory pretty much walked through Juniors last year. There was some drama and dissention on that team and they still walked through it. Less drama and a new coach and another year of experience (including a less-than-stellar Worlds experience), they are set to walk through this field as well.

So is this a forgone conclusion? Yes. Does that mean the other girls are playing for little or nothing? Heck no. This team ages out. The best way into any Junior HPP program next year will be heavily based on this year's finish (I assume).

Lots of coaches I'd like to talk with in this field.

The ageless Grayland Cousins will be coaching his daughter's Massachusetts 1 team. I like them to make the playoffs.

I know nothing about the GNCC 2 team...also from Massachusetts. Nor do I know anything about the Great Lakes team.

An upset gets the Bemidji girls the Minnesota 1 designation. Coached by Kent Bahr who is more than simply the father of Josh One Leg Bahr. Kent is also world class producer of wild rice and he happens to know a few things about curling as well. I only played him once. I lost. I came back to win the bonspiel, but I lost that game.

Minnesota 2 comes from the temporarily (?) closed club in Mankato with a brilliant third from Two Harbors. Get used to the name Melissa Runing. After this year's stellar class ages out, Melissa is going to become a star if she wants it. My pick for the silver.

North Dakota sends a very good team and we should make the playoffs. Not a team that will blow you away just yet. Simply four solid curlers who throw the rock clean and make shots. Not spectacular but very solid.

If you're looking for potentially spectacular players, watch the Alaska team. Too young to contend, they have a couple of girls who can be future stars if they pick the paths that lead in that direction. Unfortunately, it's hard to stay in Alaska and field four committed players with a budget that gets them adequate experience. Other states should be ready to urge college choices close to curling clubs in the lower 48. Maybe they can stick together or add more players AND jet to some quality camps and competitions...but building a deep team in Alaska is HARD and expensive. Team is coached by two gentlemen who know the game...well...one gentleman and one really fun guy.

Wisconsin 1 is skipped by Annamaria Dubberstein. OK, her given name is Annamarie, but I prefer Annamaria Dubbya. Let's be clear on this: Her sister is the great Katey Dubbs and her other sister is Leilani (so cool of a name, she doesn't get a nickname) Dubberstein. I'm doubting that Annamaria will blast into their level of play right away, but I've been wrong many times before. (But I wasn't wrong about Katey Dubbs...I called that one very early in her curling career) Coached by the knowledgeable Bev Schroeder (sorry, Bev, I already used "ageless" for Grayland)

Wisconsin 2 has TWO Schroeders, but not Bev and not Troy...so I don't think they'll win. If you're looking for a longshot (betting on Juniors is immoral and amoral), long odds on TWO Schroeders seems like a smart play. OK, kidding aside; this is last year's Great Lakes team. They played out of Wisconsin this year because, I'm guessing, moved there for college. Gordon Maclean coaches. They did OK last year and could be a factor.

ANOTHER YEAR WITH NO TEAM FROM WASHINGTON??? This is a Junior thread or I'd call BS. Since it is a Junior thread, I'm calling Shenanigans. What up, Seattle? Girls out there all playing hockey? You're a huge club in a big city. Get your Junior program going. I'm calling you out. Losers.

So: HPP crushes. Runing continues to impress. North Dakota and GNCC 1 do OK.

Sorry if I didn't pick your team. Get used to it. Not everybody is going to pick your team every time you curl. Use it. Get mad and practice and get good and don't forget to rub it in my face when you prove me wrong.

Ben Tucker

01-11-16 04:16PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Junior Men

Last year saw an extra end upset when Dropkin The Younger's double takeout attempt rocketed out the first target, but whizzed narrowly past the shot stone for a steal of 1...and a new rule...undefeated teams will need to beaten twice.

Kory (actually spelled Korey on his birth certificate and in real life...unfortunately for him, Cory and Kory is a neater pairing when talking about both Junior teams) returns to try again. Howell stays at third. Quinn Evenson joins the squad because, I guess, losing to him sucked so put him on the team. Alex Fenson is back and KEY to the team. (lots of hitting ability on this team, Alex is their best offensive weapon) Fenner is back as well.

Off that team are two players who hope to bite their former teammates in their collective butts. Andrew "Little Stop" Stopera skips a team out of Illinois that has zero curlers that have ever curled in Illinois. That don't bother me none. That's the way teams are formed today and that's just fine. If you can find four players with identical drive and commitment, don't let geography stand in your way. Luc Violette is on this team along with defending champs Szemple and Pryor. New York, New Jersey, Washington and Minnesota. One dog from every junkyard. Pretty badass dogs, however. They got a legit shot. Bill "Stop" Stopera coaches. Tom Violette probably will be watching if he's not too busy with his own Washington team.

Hunter Clawson returns from Potomac and he's loaded on the front end. He's got a Clouser and a Dunnam and two spare Clawsons. Always good to have a spare Clawson or two in your broom bag. Coached by Wayne "Top Sire" Anderson. Wayne is best known as the father of the Tiny Terrorists. I suspect that his team will be exactly like his numerous daughters: Well behaved...very polite...very bright...well mannered...then kick your ass as soon as the game starts. Well mannered asskickers...what Wayne Anderson is known for. This team won a Men's spot out of the Challenge Round, so they'll be a popular pick. Easties pick Easties anyway...this is just a perfect Eastie Overbet situation. Let's not get too excited. The Challenge Round wasn't exactly swimming with sharks this year. Basically, they beat a good Bahr team that didn't have Bahr and they beat Heater McCormick and lots of people have been beating Heater this year. This calm, conservative, double-peeling-guards McCormick is Heath. We haven't seen the real Heater since he cashed in a Slam last year and made the semi's. Still, Clawson is a legit contender right now and an interesting team for the near future.

GNCC 2 is Sinnett. I know nothing. They have another Dudt on the team out of Philly. Lots of teams have a Philly junior this year. Lots and lots of Philly juniors. Why is that? The answer is obvious. It comes in waves because some ONE person (sometimes more than one) cares enough to run a Junior Program. There was a good one out on The Range that gave us great players, but that guy died of cancer. Good junior programs pop up here and there on the willpower of a volunteer or two. Be that guy. Be that gal. Run a Junior program. Oops. I was talking about GNCC 2 Sinnett. I don't know anything about them.

I don't know anything about the Minnesota 2 team either.

Minnesota 1 has some Fensons and that's a good thing. Erik played with them in Men's. Now that dad is on the coaching bench, maybe they can start winning. (ouch...mean...and I like Rocket Erik Fenson...just trying to be funny here)

I don't know anything about the Michigan team either, BUT THAT'S WHO I'M CHEERING FOR! I AIN'T PICKIN' 'EM, BUT I'M CHEERIN' FOR 'EM! Why? Ian Strong. Period.

North Dakota sends a very strong team that will be under the radar. A true skip and three quality thirds by National Junior Men's standards. A truly great longshot pick.

Tom Violette gets to coach against his own son. Cool. It might end up making Father's Day a letdown, but cool. Washington skipped by yet another Connolly. How many of them do they have?

Wisconsin's team is loaded. Ben Miller at second is a stud. Falk at third can play with Howell and Violette. Good team but I haven't been seeing them play much.

So you have the HPP team, GNCC 1, Illinois, North Dakota, Wisconsin and Minnesota 1 contending and a couple of others who could upset the standings and sneak into the playoffs. Very good field.

I'm going to dodge the obvious Clawson and Stopera picks. Gimme Dropkin, Hodek and Shlimovitz in that order. Nothing against the other teams; I just need to narrow it down to three. I could be like JHcurl and pick five teams by naming a couple to a tiebreaker, but that's kinda gutless.

Ben Tucker

PS The coaches on the Boys side would make a better curling team that some of our National Men's teams. Erik Fenson, Owen Sampson, Horak, Violette, Stopera...gimme a coach's cap and those guys and some beer money.

01-11-16 04:45PM
VAcurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for VAcurler Click here to Send VAcurler a Private Message Find more posts by VAcurler Add VAcurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
VAcurler
Hitting Paint

The 1-A ice team has been working hard since Saturday getting the ice ready, so it will be good. This will be a full arena package so fast swingy ice. Yes they started a week in advance.

I'm not sure if streaming made the cut or not, but don't get your hopes up to get to watch the next generation of curlers. If someone in the know can confirm either way that would be great for all the clubs involved.

01-11-16 05:22PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by tuck
Junior Men

Last year saw an extra end upset when Dropkin The Younger's double takeout attempt rocketed out the first target, but whizzed narrowly past the shot stone for a steal of 1...and a new rule...undefeated teams will need to beaten twice.

Kory (actually spelled Korey on his birth certificate and in real life...unfortunately for him, Cory and Kory is a neater pairing when talking about both Junior teams) returns to try again. Howell stays at third. Quinn Evenson joins the squad because, I guess, losing to him sucked so put him on the team. Alex Fenson is back and KEY to the team. (lots of hitting ability on this team, Alex is their best offensive weapon) Fenner is back as well.

Off that team are two players who hope to bite their former teammates in their collective butts. Andrew "Little Stop" Stopera skips a team out of Illinois that has zero curlers that have ever curled in Illinois. That don't bother me none. That's the way teams are formed today and that's just fine. If you can find four players with identical drive and commitment, don't let geography stand in your way. Luc Violette is on this team along with defending champs Szemple and Pryor. New York, New Jersey, Washington and Minnesota. One dog from every junkyard. Pretty badass dogs, however. They got a legit shot. Bill "Stop" Stopera coaches. Tom Violette probably will be watching if he's not too busy with his own Washington team.

Hunter Clawson returns from Potomac and he's loaded on the front end. He's got a Clouser and a Dunnam and two spare Clawsons. Always good to have a spare Clawson or two in your broom bag. Coached by Wayne "Top Sire" Anderson. Wayne is best known as the father of the Tiny Terrorists. I suspect that his team will be exactly like his numerous daughters: Well behaved...very polite...very bright...well mannered...then kick your ass as soon as the game starts. Well mannered asskickers...what Wayne Anderson is known for. This team won a Men's spot out of the Challenge Round, so they'll be a popular pick. Easties pick Easties anyway...this is just a perfect Eastie Overbet situation. Let's not get too excited. The Challenge Round wasn't exactly swimming with sharks this year. Basically, they beat a good Bahr team that didn't have Bahr and they beat Heater McCormick and lots of people have been beating Heater this year. This calm, conservative, double-peeling-guards McCormick is Heath. We haven't seen the real Heater since he cashed in a Slam last year and made the semi's. Still, Clawson is a legit contender right now and an interesting team for the near future.

GNCC 2 is Sinnett. I know nothing. They have another Dudt on the team out of Philly. Lots of teams have a Philly junior this year. Lots and lots of Philly juniors. Why is that? The answer is obvious. It comes in waves because some ONE person (sometimes more than one) cares enough to run a Junior Program. There was a good one out on The Range that gave us great players, but that guy died of cancer. Good junior programs pop up here and there on the willpower of a volunteer or two. Be that guy. Be that gal. Run a Junior program. Oops. I was talking about GNCC 2 Sinnett. I don't know anything about them.

I don't know anything about the Minnesota 2 team either.

Minnesota 1 has some Fensons and that's a good thing. Erik played with them in Men's. Now that dad is on the coaching bench, maybe they can start winning. (ouch...mean...and I like Rocket Erik Fenson...just trying to be funny here)

I don't know anything about the Michigan team either, BUT THAT'S WHO I'M CHEERING FOR! I AIN'T PICKIN' 'EM, BUT I'M CHEERIN' FOR 'EM! Why? Ian Strong. Period.

North Dakota sends a very strong team that will be under the radar. A true skip and three quality thirds by National Junior Men's standards. A truly great longshot pick.

Tom Violette gets to coach against his own son. Cool. It might end up making Father's Day a letdown, but cool. Washington skipped by yet another Connolly. How many of them do they have?

Wisconsin's team is loaded. Ben Miller at second is a stud. Falk at third can play with Howell and Violette. Good team but I haven't been seeing them play much.

So you have the HPP team, GNCC 1, Illinois, North Dakota, Wisconsin and Minnesota 1 contending and a couple of others who could upset the standings and sneak into the playoffs. Very good field.

I'm going to dodge the obvious Clawson and Stopera picks. Gimme Dropkin, Hodek and Shlimovitz in that order. Nothing against the other teams; I just need to narrow it down to three. I could be like JHcurl and pick five teams by naming a couple to a tiebreaker, but that's kinda gutless.

Ben Tucker

PS The coaches on the Boys side would make a better curling team that some of our National Men's teams. Erik Fenson, Owen Sampson, Horak, Violette, Stopera...gimme a coach's cap and those guys and some beer money.

This new undefeated teams needing to be beaten twice thing is something i flip flop on. sometimes i agree with it and sometimes i dont. i do think its funny that they put in the rule after their favored team lost the final after going undefeated last year then losing the final. The only reason i dont like them doing it here is because its so obviously an attempt to help the dropkin rink get to worlds this year.

As for winners.your probably right, it will probably be christensen and dropkin. it wont matter though, even if they dont win korey dropkin and cory christensen will both be going to worlds as the alternates and will end up skipping at some point.

01-11-16 05:35PM
mr. lucky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mr. lucky Find more posts by mr. lucky Add mr. lucky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mr. lucky
Hitting Paint

The official word-

Dear 2016 Junior Nationals participants,

The host committee of the 2016 USA Curling Junior National Championships will be providing a webstream of the event in partnership with the U.S. Olympic Committee. The links to the webstream will be up on USA Curlings website as well as on the host committees Willmar CC website in the coming days. This is just a friendly reminder that no other webstreams from this event are allowed due to this media partnership with the USOC.

01-11-16 06:07PM
IMWright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IMWright Click here to Send IMWright a Private Message Find more posts by IMWright Add IMWright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IMWright
Swing Artist

I'm hoping for some upsets for the HPP teams so that the Korey Dropkin Rule won't come into effect. If the HPP teams lose a match in round robin, then it won't apply. If in the Brier, or Scotties, or Worlds, a rink won all their games and lost in the championship game, tough cookies. I think the rules/regulations should reflect the same rules/regulations as worlds. Had it happened to any other team last year, the new Dropkin Rule would not exist.

As for teams at Juniors:

For junior mens: I'm going for some combination of WA, GNCC 1, and IL. WA and IL have some good players on those teams, and heck, the GNCC 1 team earned a spot at US Mens Nationals on skill and not being blessed a spot; that's got to speak for something

For junior womens:

Is probably going to be the HPP team. I don't see as much depth as I do on the junior mens side. MN and WI (either) are other picks. Either WI team is fairly solid, The Schroeder's have moved up each year (played for GLCA the past several years), so junior nationals experience counts for something, so they could make a play in the playoffs.

01-11-16 06:14PM
averagecurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for averagecurler Click here to Send averagecurler a Private Message Find more posts by averagecurler Add averagecurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
averagecurler
Harvey Hacksmasher

Some info on the GLCA teams if anyone's interested

Both teams are young and inexperienced on a stage this big. The girls team has been playing down for a couple of years now and went to an OJCT event this fall to practice for playdowns. They nearly ran both of their opponents off the board at playdowns and threw well.

The boys have tuck's new apparent favorite junior, Ian Strong at lead. All the boys can throw well, I also hear they hung on with this years ontario junior mens champion for a few ends in a spiel earlier this season. They got both of their opponents to shake before ten in each game during playdowns this year as well.

Maybe not this years front runners but either team pull an upset or two if taken lightly.

01-11-16 06:55PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

IMWright is wrong!

(OK, he's not really wrong but the sentence wrote itself)

While I agree totally with IMWright, there is some logic behind the 2 Loss Provision on top of the Page Playoff advantage.

We've entered a new world where the bottom nations at World Juniors will be "regulated" to a World Junior Qualifying Event. There are those (I am, most certainly NOT one of them) who believe that being relegated to a qualifying event would be a very bad thing for USA Junior curling.

So this Two Loss Provision is to aid our USA sending our best team. It is not without logic.

I disagree with that opinion. I also disagree with jumbling lineups in mid-event at Worlds unless somebody is ill or wants to come out of the game. That makes me a bit of a dinosaur.

Ben Tucker
The Nostradamus of curling

01-11-16 07:36PM
SPMFromPCC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SPMFromPCC Click here to Send SPMFromPCC a Private Message Find more posts by SPMFromPCC Add SPMFromPCC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SPMFromPCC
Swing Artist

A little Angry Bird told me the other day that he might be commentating for the finals next weekend.......Tuck, maybe you should make the trek down to Willmar. Never know who else might show up.....

01-11-16 07:38PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Illinois is full of Easties, will be in the final against the Clawson Clan. The Sinnett team will surprise some of the top teams. His Dad beat me twice at the GNCC five and under men's so he must know something.

Clouser, Dudt, Dunnham all have great curling genes.

Easties will rule again but it could be Dropkin the younger and Howell. The Howell household has moved to Ohio but as always they are Easties.

So, all Eastie semis. I don't care what the jacket says, Easties through and through.

JH
Tuck has no clue how good the East is but claims to be an Eastie. Yeah, no so much.

01-11-16 09:42PM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

If his dislike of the 2-loss provision and his dislike of messing with line-ups in middle of worlds makes Tuck a dinosaur, then I guess I too am a dinosaur -- so old that I can remember when a team actually had to win the [first] championship game to be the champ.

Tuck also points out that the Illinois junior champs do not have any curlers that have played in Illinois. If that is how the system must work, then why do we still have "state champs" in junior curling?

01-11-16 10:17PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Little Stop goes to college and shoots league in Illinois now. Where else should the team play? I may be a dinosaur, but I'm at least late Jurassic.

Ben Tucker

01-12-16 01:39AM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

It clearly makes no difference where they play anymore. I understand that. I just wonder why they have state designations for these teams when many of the "state champion" teams have 1 or 2 or 3 curlers that are not from the state that they are "representing."

01-12-16 10:10AM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Hush now, DBS. You're going to give them ideas.

True; with the current state of curling, it might be best to narrow the fields to 8 teams (easier for 4 sheet clubs to host) by playdowns in the East, West and 2 in the Midwest. It has some merit, but I view such steps and continuing to harm curling on the west coast.

More interesting was a proposal by Dean Gemmell. He thought that Juniors should have a permanent home in a big club (I think he was proposing Wausau). It would have Qualifying Junior Spiels and it would have a Tier 2 championship for teams that failed to make the main field. I never looked that closely into it, but first glance was interesting. It was a huge departure from what we've been doing.

Ben Tucker

01-12-16 10:56AM
VAcurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for VAcurler Click here to Send VAcurler a Private Message Find more posts by VAcurler Add VAcurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
VAcurler
Hitting Paint

If we make any adjustments to support the west and increase participation as a whole, can we get rid of the playdown requirement for MOPAC/MACA? For Juniors they are lumped together and if at least 2 teams don't sign up for a playdown, the team that signed up has to go somewhere else to try to qualify.

01-12-16 12:37PM
rbi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rbi Click here to Send rbi a Private Message Find more posts by rbi Add rbi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rbi
Hitting Paint

Dean Gemmell's proposal sounds interesting. A Tier 2 championship could help to attract younger, developing teams. Not sure how "qualifying spiels" would work, and I don't understand the benefit of a permanent home. Would like to hear more.

01-12-16 04:15PM
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

I too like Gemmell's idea of a qualifying spiel for juniors. Not so sure about a tier 2 playoff -- on the one hand it offers those teams a chance for more play but on the other hand it also means more expenses for those kids/families. But all of this makes more sense than continuing to hold state championships for curlers that will be in that state only for that competition.

01-12-16 04:47PM
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

I too like Gemmell's idea of a qualifying spiel for juniors. Not so sure about a tier 2 playoff -- on the one hand it offers those teams a chance for more play but on the other hand it also means more expenses for those kids/families. But all of this makes more sense than continuing to hold state championships for curlers that will be in that state only for that competition.

01-12-16 05:15PM
mr. lucky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mr. lucky Find more posts by mr. lucky Add mr. lucky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mr. lucky
Hitting Paint

well, they cant just curl where ever they want. Almost maybe, but there are clear rules for eligibility that have been the same for as long as I can remember.

01-12-16 05:29PM
VAcurler
Hitting Paint

Maybe a Junior vs Midget championship? Teams are self selected but the Midgets would tend to be younger and less experienced. A group of 15 and 16 years olds might (I say might) get crushed the Clawson or Dropkin rink so why bother going?

Just typing out loud - anything we can do to increase junior competitive curling will be a good thing.

01-12-16 05:44PM
Itsjustagame is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Itsjustagame Find more posts by Itsjustagame Add Itsjustagame to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Itsjustagame
Hitting Paint

I am not American so this is not my battle to win.

This is NOT directed at K. Dropkin and his team.

If the USCA wanted to kill their junior program, they surely found a good way.They pay for Team Dropkin's expenses. They send them to WCT and world events. They supply them with superior coaching, trainers and other professionals. Then, just in case they don't win, they change the rule to make sure that another deserving team does not get in their way by winning a one game final. Then they ask a whole bunch of teams to work out their way, pay their stuff, volunteer coaching and make it look like they have a National Championship.

If they so much want this team to go to the World Championship, just select them and stop the mockery.

01-12-16 05:48PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

PLEASE don't get Mr. Lucky started on Bantam curling. Good for that game...yada, yada, yada...he'll drone on about it forever.

It's immoral to bet on Junior curling. YOUR SOUL WILL BURN IN HELL! That being said, over/under on losses for Cory is 1 (I'll take the under) and over/under for Kory is 2 (I'll take the over and he spells his name Korey). Losses for the over/under include playoffs.

Other prop bets:

Over/under:

Philly Juniors receiving medals 4.5

Peak webcast viewers 600

Games determined by timeclocks 1

Games impacted by timeclocks 35

Cuss words used by HPP Girls coach 1

Cuss words used by HPP Boys coach 1

Cuss words used by Wisconsin Boys coaches 150

Cuss words used by Chris Plys who isn't there but might be watching the webstream off and on 151

Ben Tucker

01-12-16 06:04PM
IMWright is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IMWright Click here to Send IMWright a Private Message Find more posts by IMWright Add IMWright to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IMWright
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Itsjustagame
I am not American so this is not my battle to win.

This is NOT directed at K. Dropkin and his team.

If the USCA wanted to kill their junior program, they surely found a good way.They pay for Team Dropkin's expenses. They send them to WCT and world events. They supply them with superior coaching, trainers and other professionals. Then, just in case they don't win, they change the rule to make sure that another deserving team does not get in their way by winning a one game final. Then they ask a whole bunch of teams to work out their way, pay their stuff, volunteer coaching and make it look like they have a National Championship.

If they so much want this team to go to the World Championship, just select them and stop the mockery.

Welcome to US Curling... Unfortunately.

I understand their reasoning behind the Dropkin Rule, but if it was another team that it happened to, that rule would not have been put into place, so it's kind of ridiculous. But yeah. They have to put on a show because American's like to think that it's all "equal opportunity" and everyone has a chance in the US... Theoretically, yes, but when 99% of people have to jump through 59 hoops and 1% get golden tickets, that's hardly equal opportunity....

Last edited by IMWright on 01-12-16 at 06:07PM

01-12-16 09:47PM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

OK, we simply CANNOT call it the Dropkin Rule. WAY too nice of a young gentleman. WAY too nice of a family.

I do understand that it's easier to say and type than Two Loss Provision On Top Of Page Playoff Advantage, but it just ain't right.

Let's call it the Meyers Rule. He's the guy who upset the apple cart. If he hadn't have won that game, we wouldn't have the rule. Ethan would probably be proud of it and remember it all fondly.

I think I prefer Ethan's Rule, but I can live with The Meyers Rule.

Ben Tucker