Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Rogers Ontario coverage

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-06-16 09:57PM
icetecker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for icetecker Click here to Send icetecker a Private Message Find more posts by icetecker Add icetecker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
icetecker
Knee-Slider

Rogers Ontario coverage

The worst curling coverage I've ever been witness to .
Terrible announcers , showing games that have no bearing on the standings , the list is endless . Awful
Rod Black and the late Don Whitman would have been a better choice . Possibly the two worst announcers ever . Until now .

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-06-16 10:31PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

I have to give Al Galloway credit for one thing.. He is standing the whole time he is commentating..Did not sit down once I would bet for both games.. Ian Tetley sits down for a bit every so often

02-06-16 11:15PM
curlinggrandma is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlinggrandma Find more posts by curlinggrandma Add curlinggrandma to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlinggrandma
Harvey Hacksmasher

I'm just happy that Rogers covers curling, in general. How many other provinces get this kind of opportunity??

02-07-16 12:19AM
My three sons is offline Click Here to See the Profile for My three sons Find more posts by My three sons Add My three sons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
My three sons
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: Rogers Ontario coverage

quote:
Originally posted by icetecker
The worst curling coverage I've ever been witness to .
Terrible announcers , showing games that have no bearing on the standings , the list is endless . Awful
Rod Black and the late Don Whitman would have been a better choice . Possibly the two worst announcers ever . Until now .

Feel free to anti up Icetecker and pay for better coverage. Or better yet maybe no coverage at all would suit you better. Ontario and Alta are the only provinces that offer games throughout the week.
I love meatsticks that come in here and post stupid SH!& thinking they are cool and making a point. The only thing worse than you posting is me responding. Get a life.
Given the situation, I liked what Rogers provided. Would I have liked more, you betcha. I would have loved them to move to other sheets after some of these games were over. But I fully comprehend their limitations based on budget. But I loved the fact that we got coverage. Period the end.

Last edited by My three sons on 02-07-16 at 12:36AM

02-07-16 07:31AM
Pjr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pjr Click here to Send Pjr a Private Message Find more posts by Pjr Add Pjr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pjr
Knee-Slider

Also if the game is a blow away they are only set up for one sheet of coverage so i.e. when Epping and Tuck played Friday night and the game was over in 5 ends, that was the end of the broadcast really? the OCA or someone is paying for the T.V. time why not use the entire slot allotted? This has been a problem for years now but why cant we fix it I know this has been complained about more than once. also if you live in the Niagara region like I do, last nights 3/4 game wasn't even broadcasted because the Niagara Ice Dogs were being shown on Cogeco instead. Its great that provs are being covered but kind of a waste if the game they show is a blow out and only lasts a handful of ends or the local station has commitments to other programing!

Last edited by Pjr on 02-07-16 at 07:33AM

02-07-16 08:54AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Curling zone does a great job too"..and you don't need to be a Rogers customer.

02-07-16 09:21AM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

Coverage of this week-long curling event is expensive and resource-heavy. I commend the crew of camera operators, technicians, technical directors, audio operations, graphics, lighting, staging and the on-air talent for their effort.

02-07-16 09:44AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by johnnysmoke
Coverage of this week-long curling event is expensive and resource-heavy. I commend the crew of camera operators, technicians, technical directors, audio operations, graphics, lighting, staging and the on-air talent for their effort.

Yeah, thanks Rogers/Cogeco of coverage of the Tankard this week. I thoroughly enjoyed.

02-08-16 10:55AM
Gallan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gallan Click here to Send Gallan a Private Message Find more posts by Gallan Add Gallan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gallan
Harvey Hacksmasher

I was just happy to have the coverage. Thanks to those that made it possible!

Congrats to Team Howard, good luck at the Brier! See you in Ottawa.

02-08-16 11:55AM
Chopper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chopper Click here to Send Chopper a Private Message Find more posts by Chopper Add Chopper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chopper
Harvey Hacksmasher

I'd like to thank Rogers for providing the coverage. We are so lucky to be able to watch as much of this sport that we love on TV. I also thought Pete S. did a great job in the booth. I had a few laughs and I watched 2 great games on Sunday. More entertaining than the S Bowl.

02-08-16 02:22PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Re: thanks rogers-sportsnet for Tape delayed final

quote:
Originally posted by HotRocks
Enjoyed watching the Tankard final.. 4 hours after it was played..

Ontario curling can do better than this..

c

It did, I watched it all live.

02-08-16 03:06PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

Re: thanks rogers-sportsnet for Tape delayed final

quote:
Originally posted by HotRocks
Enjoyed watching the Tankard final.. 4 hours after it was played..

Ontario curling can do better than this..

It was live, although they did say in the booth it should be tape delayed for the commentators language.

02-08-16 04:38PM
Beermaker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Beermaker Click here to Send Beermaker a Private Message Find more posts by Beermaker Add Beermaker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Beermaker
Drawmaster

You are wrong it was on Bell Channel 1409 (HD) Live for both the Semi and the final games.
Here in Kingston (Not Rogers Territory) we did without the RR throughout the week, so Sportsnet came to the rescue on the weekend.

02-08-16 05:12PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

It was live here although I PVR'd it and watched later. North Central BC.

02-08-16 06:14PM
Dackle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dackle Click here to Send Dackle a Private Message Find more posts by Dackle Add Dackle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dackle
Hitting Paint

It was shown live, but you don't subscribe to that channel and somehow this is Ontario curling ' s fault?

Don't let those HotRocks get up yer kilt!