Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 6 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-10-15 04:57PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
well this probably comes as a surprise to no one but chelsea carey is leaving her team

and probably coming back to Manitoba as well seeing as the JJ team is returning next season as TC.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-10-15 06:24PM
Noeller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Noeller Click here to Send Noeller a Private Message Find more posts by Noeller Add Noeller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Noeller
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by albetts

and probably coming back to Manitoba as well seeing as the JJ team is returning next season as TC.

Really curious what kinda team she could cobble together for next year...

03-11-15 12:07AM
hasbin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hasbin Click here to Send hasbin a Private Message Find more posts by hasbin Add hasbin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hasbin
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
well this probably comes as a surprise to no one but chelsea carey is leaving her team

why would you say it like that...you sound pretty bitter.

03-11-15 12:20AM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

Very interesting. The women's race for 2018 right now is a three team race and Chelsea desperately wants to join it. I just wonder who she thinks will give her a better chance to do that.

03-11-15 07:56AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by hasbin

why would you say it like that...you sound pretty bitter.

im not bitter im just...i dont know what word to use

i thought she'd give it more than 1 season with that team before she left

but if she does move back and curl out of manitoba again it just doesnt look good on her part as far as timing goes. it makes it look like she was running away from manitoba because jen was there and now that jen wont be she comes back

03-11-15 08:30AM
Justintwiss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Justintwiss Click here to Send Justintwiss a Private Message Find more posts by Justintwiss Add Justintwiss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Justintwiss
Hitting Paint

It really doesnt matter who she gets. As long as she is throwing last she wont be getting out of any province. She should be throwing third for someone. What happens after this year is she doesnt win? Move up north?

03-11-15 01:32PM
5thstone is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 5thstone Find more posts by 5thstone Add 5thstone to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
5thstone
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Justintwiss
It really doesnt matter who she gets. As long as she is throwing last she wont be getting out of any province. She should be throwing third for someone. What happens after this year is she doesnt win? Move up north?

I guess Carey could move to the Yukon and coach and be the 5th player for the young Sarah Koltun quartet, not taking anything away from the fine Yukon quartet.

03-11-15 03:48PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Well at least cc has the smarts to figure out she can't stand up to Sweeting or Nedohin.

What crap.. Chelsea beat the Nedohin team 2 out of 3 times at the 2015 Alberta Womens Scotties.. I doubt Chelsea would flee ALberta because she is terrified of the Nedohin team

03-12-15 10:59AM
Western Newbie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Western Newbie Click here to Send Western Newbie a Private Message Find more posts by Western Newbie Add Western Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Western Newbie
Hitting Paint

Is it odd that Chelsea Carey left her team while they still have an event to play in this weekend? Is it possible her team chose to leave her? They are scheduled to play this weekend, with Laura Crocker as skip and no name as 3rd.

I like Chelsea's potential.

03-12-15 11:55AM
curler2014 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curler2014 Click here to Send curler2014 a Private Message Find more posts by curler2014 Add curler2014 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curler2014
Harvey Hacksmasher

Chelsea's biggest problem is her dad as coach. Great coach, but I think having family in that role is a bad thing. She often refers to him as "dad" (obviously one would do this) during timeouts, but I think it sets up a weird dynamic within the team - her teammates may feel on the outside of most conversations when Dan Carey is involved.

To compete at the professional level, you need to be a professional in all regards - "dad" needs to go.

03-12-15 12:32PM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

You're right, parents can't work as coaches.

COUGH COUGH Team Canada, 2015 Brier champs.
COUGH COUGH Team Saskatchewan, 2015 Brier bronze medallists

just to name the most recent.

Give your head a shake.

03-12-15 03:28PM
curler2014 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curler2014 Click here to Send curler2014 a Private Message Find more posts by curler2014 Add curler2014 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curler2014
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by doubletakeout
You're right, parents can't work as coaches.

COUGH COUGH Team Canada, 2015 Brier champs.
COUGH COUGH Team Saskatchewan, 2015 Brier bronze medallists

just to name the most recent.

Give your head a shake.

That isn't my point...my point is she treats her coach as her father during the game. Even referring to him as "coach" instead of "dad" would do a lot of the mental status of her team. Ask any sports psychologist out there...I bet they'd be agreeing with me.

03-12-15 04:23PM
Justintwiss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Justintwiss Click here to Send Justintwiss a Private Message Find more posts by Justintwiss Add Justintwiss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Justintwiss
Hitting Paint

Shes also a pouty spoiled girl thats used to getting everything her way. I said she should be throwing third but cant see it happening. If the team isnt team Carey she wont be into it. To bad when winning comes second to your name being up by the scoreboard. She always says that she is good enough to play with anyone out there but its her team that cant keep up with the oposition. I love a confident women but im calling bull on this. Shes had good shooters play on a team with her and its not all on the other 3 girls why they dont win. You wanna throw the brick you better have the shots, and you my girl just dont have the shots. Your no pat simmonds

03-13-15 07:12AM
freezetothehack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for freezetothehack Click here to Send freezetothehack a Private Message Find more posts by freezetothehack Add freezetothehack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
freezetothehack
Hitting Paint

Rumor

Dacey - Gratton combo next year.

03-13-15 01:06PM
ellejay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ellejay Click here to Send ellejay a Private Message Find more posts by ellejay Add ellejay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ellejay
Harvey Hacksmasher

does anyone know who Laura Crocker has at 3rd for the event in Grande Prairie?

03-13-15 04:15PM
ellejay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ellejay Click here to Send ellejay a Private Message Find more posts by ellejay Add ellejay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ellejay
Harvey Hacksmasher

actually, I just heard it mentioned on the game they're live streaming from the event.

she picked up Bobbie Sauder to throw 3rd.

03-14-15 06:55PM
maybo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maybo Visit maybo's homepage! Find more posts by maybo Add maybo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maybo
Hitting Paint

I've never met Chelsea Carey -- likely never will, so I cannot properly comment on whether she is any or all of the things mentioned in a past post regarding her character. What is not up for debate is a burning intensity that I admire greatly. I do know she went out of her way to bring great joy to a wheelchair-bound fan at the 2014 STOH, which is also the sort of thing I cheer for. I would suspect the character assassination posted previously may be over the top. Having not been privy to any behind-the-scenes meetings, I have no idea what led to the team break-up, only to suggest it's no one's business but hers, her teammates and her dad. I was hoping they would give it more time but if it wasn't going to work, it's probably better to make the break now rather than later...

03-14-15 08:06PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

people tend to judge athlete based off what they see on the ice . So if someone is intense and driven on the ice like chelsea carey she somehow ends up being seen as a selfish bitch.

to me thats not the case. i find chelsea to be a great young woman and as someone pointed out that story of her going out of her way to meet a wheelchair bound fan at the scotties shows the kind of person she truly is

03-14-15 11:12PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Rocque to join Crocker

This sounds like good news for Alberta fans. From twitter

http://www.tsn.ca/rocque-joins-croc...w-rink-1.231293

03-18-15 09:45PM
halsted is offline Click Here to See the Profile for halsted Click here to Send halsted a Private Message Find more posts by halsted Add halsted to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
halsted
Knee-Slider

Chelsea Carey

A good source reports that Crocker and company basically booted Carey off at the end of the season. Don't think Carey is looking for any easy roads. She is a competitor and wants to be the best by beating the best.

Carey certainly is not intimidated by any of the other skips in Alberta and has proven herself elite, though she struggled a bit this last season. That said she still carried her team to the final end of the Alberta Scotties.

Carey just announced she is taking over skipping duties for Heather Nedohin's team via Facebook and Twitter. Nedohin is stepping back from the game to spend a bit more time with family. Carey will likely be a force to contend with in Alberta for years to come.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team...5807942?fref=nf

03-19-15 09:07AM
Justintwiss
Hitting Paint

S. Sigurdson, T. Calvert, C. Atkins, ????

03-19-15 11:32AM
inturnpeel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for inturnpeel Find more posts by inturnpeel Add inturnpeel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
inturnpeel
Knee-Slider

Breaking News

Sean Grassie is taking the year off. Had a couple rough years in a row at provincials and needs to re evaluate things.

03-19-15 11:35AM
MB Tucker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MB Tucker Click here to Send MB Tucker a Private Message Visit MB Tucker's homepage! Find more posts by MB Tucker Add MB Tucker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MB Tucker
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by inturnpeel
Breaking News

Sean Grassie is taking the year off. Had a couple rough years in a row at provincials and needs to re evaluate things.

Not to sure if that is correct, last I heard he was leaning towards taking over Bichards team?

03-19-15 11:43AM
inturnpeel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for inturnpeel Find more posts by inturnpeel Add inturnpeel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
inturnpeel
Knee-Slider

some secondary news, a couple half teams are formed and waiting for a couple more guys each to round them out.

Kammerlock, McEwen
Diello, MacArthur
Bradshaw, Twiss
Muntain, Mccaughan

Anyone Know what Sigurdsons old team is up to? Does Coleman skip and they just pick up one more guy?

03-19-15 11:55AM
Justintwiss
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by inturnpeel
Breaking News

Cant see this being true. Always tough to beat and does well so dont see why he'd take a year off now. I did hear that birchards 2nd was leaving tho so that makes sense to bring Sean on that team.