Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 9 of 21 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-03-13 04:28PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

I find it really perplexing seeing Canada beat teams like Norway and Scotland but fall to the likes of the Czechs and Japanese.... Anyway still in 1st place

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-03-13 04:33PM
Flatfoot is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Flatfoot Click here to Send Flatfoot a Private Message Find more posts by Flatfoot Add Flatfoot to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Flatfoot
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by gavinboy
Wow!! Those little Japanese guys almost made Ryan Fry cry in the fouth end when he missed both his shots. I wonder if it's because the Japanese were curling so well or for the simple fact that they towered over him?

I lol'd !

04-03-13 04:33PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by ObsessiveCurler
I find it really perplexing seeing Canada beat teams like Norway and Scotland but fall to the likes of the Czechs and Japanese.... Anyway still in 1st place

As questioned before i wonder if they underestimated them? You go in expecting to win those games and end up losing.I dont know..but Is it just coincidence that Brad's worst 2 games this week were aginst the bottom ranked teams?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

04-03-13 04:56PM
Unregistered

Re: Re: Re: Russian

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered

I guess you can't actually grasp the meaning of the statement. Martin, Stoughton, & Howard don't lose to teams like that in the WORLD'S. Can u hear mean.... the WORLD'S.

I guess you didn't grasp my point that in order for Martin, Stoughton & Howard to not lose to teams like that in the World's, they have to first beat the team that does....Failed

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 208.72.123.114

04-03-13 04:58PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by gavinboy
Wow!! Those little Japanese guys almost made Ryan Fry cry in the fouth end when he missed both his shots. I wonder if it's because the Japanese were curling so well or for the simple fact that they towered over him?

The Japan team better hide their curling stuff. Fry has a habit of doing things to the curling equipt of people that beat him...like in Brooks Cactus Pheasant one year to MaCaulay

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 50.71.16.168

04-03-13 05:06PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

Re: Re: Re: Re: Russian

quote:

I guess you didn't grasp my point that in order for Martin, Stoughton & Howard to not lose to teams like that in the World's, they have to first beat the team that does....Failed

Martin, Stoughton & Howard have never won anything. What a bunch of scrubs they are.

04-03-13 05:08PM
ngm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ngm Click here to Send ngm a Private Message Find more posts by ngm Add ngm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ngm
Swing Artist

Re: Re: Re: Russian

quote:

I guess you can't actually grasp the meaning of the statement. Martin, Stoughton, & Howard don't lose to teams like that in the WORLD'S. Can u hear mean.... the WORLD'S.

Spot on.

None of those Canadian teams would ever lose to the likes of New Zealand (2012) or some guys from China (2008). The idea is simply inconceivable.

04-03-13 06:44PM
Unregistered

its been apparent for 40 years that anyone can get hot and beat anyone in curling ... lots of luck involved in curling and the free guard zone was put in place years ago to spread the wins around ... if i won the brier id slip and twist my ankle for a week or two

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.61.129

04-03-13 06:58PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

Why play that run back double for 2, instead of taptap for 1? Play the scoreboard.

04-03-13 07:17PM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

Re: Re: Re: Re: Russian

quote:
Originally posted by ngm
Spot on.

None of those Canadian teams would ever lose to the likes of New Zealand (2012) or some guys from China (2008). The idea is simply inconceivable.

Didn't Italy beat the Canadian men at the Olympics in Turin 2006? Sometimes stuff happens.

04-03-13 07:22PM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

These losses to Japan and Czech Republic are a little stinky, but our boys are beating all the top teams so far - and that's going to come up huge in terms of tiebreakers for playoff positioning. One could certainly argue that in terms of the playoffs, these losses will be a lot less costly than if the losses had come to SCO and NOR.

04-03-13 07:30PM
Unregistered

yikes

Jacobs got very lucky not to crash on the guard and The Russian Skip nearly pulled off an Al Hackner miracle shot.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.159.24

04-03-13 07:38PM
Unregistered

so no extra ends and no scotland vs sweden tonite

i feel like i am being takin advantage of ... wine

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.61.129

04-03-13 07:39PM
nelsosi
Swing Artist

That missed the guard by about a millimeter.

04-03-13 07:50PM
ci2i is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ci2i Click here to Send ci2i a Private Message Find more posts by ci2i Add ci2i to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ci2i
Harvey Hacksmasher

Are the evening games being broadcast anywhere? How come TSN doesn't have coverage in Canada for all the games?

04-03-13 07:57PM
Unregistered

Heartbreaking

For teh Russians. What a terrible ending to that game for them. First Jacobs misses that yellow guard by about an inch in getting rid of the yellow russian rock and then Drozdov comes within literally and inch of making that double to force the extra

You can see the shot making this russian skips posseses he just needs more consistency now and maybe a stronger team.

04-03-13 08:09PM
Beermaker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Beermaker Click here to Send Beermaker a Private Message Find more posts by Beermaker Add Beermaker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Beermaker
Drawmaster

Youtube.com will be broadcasting the Denmark vs China game at 10:00PM Eastern:

Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/user/WorldCu...d?v=G0Cfmh6Ujk8

04-03-13 08:16PM
Unregistered

Was anyone else pissed off today with both of the games getting shifted to TSN2 just so they could air that stupid trade center thing where a bunch of so called experts got to sit and run their mouths for hours at a time?

04-03-13 08:23PM
radiowave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for radiowave Click here to Send radiowave a Private Message Find more posts by radiowave Add radiowave to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
radiowave
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Jacobs Gang is now showing they are vulnerable to kurling kryptonite. Nothin' is a sure thing when it comes to world curling. Brad curled up a doinker and Fry started to get spooked by ice and rocks. Bad combo platter Ryan!!!

Reminds me of the Brier. They started off like horny gorillas, flatlined during the middle of the week, then picked it up again at the end. The closer they get to the playoffs, the closer they get to the yellow sun....

04-03-13 08:26PM
Unregistered

Unless this russian squad can finish 4-7 then there Olympic spot for socchi is gone. I do feel bad for them because in at least 3 of the losses they have they could have won.

04-03-13 08:34PM
murphyj87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for murphyj87 Click here to Send murphyj87 a Private Message Visit murphyj87's homepage! Find more posts by murphyj87 Add murphyj87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
murphyj87
Swing Artist

TSN2

quote:
Was anyone else pissed off today with both of the games getting shifted to TSN2 just so they could air that stupid trade center thing where a bunch of so called experts got to sit and run their mouths for hours at a time?

No, I get TSN2 in high definition the same as I get regular TSN. Everyone who gets TSN also gets TSN2 in Nova Scotia. Of course the "more sophisticated" parts of Canada get less for a higher cost than we do, just as Americans do.

04-03-13 08:39PM
Unregistered

quote:
Unless this russian squad can finish 4-7 then there Olympic spot for socchi is gone. I do feel bad for them because in at least 3 of the losses they have they could have won.

The Russians are in as host country no matter what they do here this week.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.159.246.49

04-03-13 08:42PM
Unregistered

quote:

The Russians are in as host country no matter what they do here this week.

What I meant was what vic referred too at the start of the event. Right now this russian squad will rep Russia in Socchi. However the russian federation has told them that if they do not perform well enough here they will lose their spot to the junior team that finished second at the world juniors recently.

I cant see this team keeping their spot unless they can finish strong

04-03-13 08:53PM
SPMFromPCC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SPMFromPCC Click here to Send SPMFromPCC a Private Message Find more posts by SPMFromPCC Add SPMFromPCC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SPMFromPCC
Swing Artist

Oy vey. Because a junior team would do SO much better at the men's level, right? Yikes.

04-03-13 08:54PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by SPMFromPCC
Oy vey. Because a junior team would do SO much better at the men's level, right? Yikes.

hey, I agree. I think its rediculous and cruel but this is Russia we are talking about..they dont exactly do things the normal way