Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 8 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
11-23-15 04:18PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

after 4 days 30-21

Women draw 6:

norway def. finland - this is really hard to predict because both teams are equal and its hard to know, with teams like this what kind of performance you'll get from day to day but im thinking norway can ride the momentum off the russian win.

denmark def. switzerland - denmark have just looked so good here its hard to see switzerland winning unless they MAJORLY step it up.

scotland def. germany - germany is stubborn but dont have the shots to keep up with scotland if they are curling well

sweden def. estonia - cici is struggling but she should be able to see off estonia

russia def. hungary - russia to rebound from the shock loss to norway

men draw 6:

netherlands def. italy - italy backs against the wall. it can go either way but netherlands will squeak by

norway def. germany - norway looking great. germany would need the performance of a lifetime and norway to be off

sweden def. switzerland - sweden will see off the struggling swiss but it will be close

russia def. czech republic - this will be close but russian experience should see them through

finland def. scotland - scotland is struggling bad and finland building steam. hard to see scotland winning this

women draw 7:

scotland def. estonia - i wouldnt count on eve having a slip up like last year again.

sweden def. hungary - hungary could make this hard on them but think sweden will get through

russia def. finland - russia to have a good day and get back on track with their 2nd win

denmark def. norway - denmark might be due for a loss but i dont think it'll come from norway either

sitzwerland def. germany - i could see germany winning this one with the form switzerland are in but i think switzerland will get through in the end

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

11-23-15 04:32PM
peteski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for peteski Click here to Send peteski a Private Message Find more posts by peteski Add peteski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
peteski
Drawmaster

The men's group is pretty competitive all the way down (with the exception of Norway who looks fantastic so far). It makes for an interesting battle to make the worlds or stay in A group. Look at Denmark getting relegated last year. Now, Scotland of all countries is in tough. They have winnable games, but they better start winning them. None of the games are a picnic.

11-23-15 04:42PM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Plateaus.. in winning..

Paetz and Muirhead are both at 3-2...

11-23-15 07:15PM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Manitoba Provincials

Gotta wonder if Reid will block McEwen's quest.. yet again to a Briar...

11-24-15 08:45AM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Manitoba curling

I cant quite put my digit on it but I am still waiting for McEwen to move into the category of all-time greats..
He and his Team still seem to find a way to blow some big ones..and it takes the shine away from their very long list of wins..

Jones had no trouble dispatching everyone on the list at this event..
I really think Jen will go down in history as the most determined curler to ever come out of MB...

She must be grinding her teeth already thinking of the STOH....and the epic battle with Homan, Sweeting..

Euros on TSN..

11-24-15 09:05AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

for the last time move this to another thread. it has no relevance at all here

11-24-15 11:05AM
mcderm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mcderm Click here to Send mcderm a Private Message Find more posts by mcderm Add mcderm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mcderm
Harvey Hacksmasher

another LEGENDary thread hyjack! so smooth...so subtle haha

11-24-15 11:29AM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Question monologues only

censorship in action

Last edited by HotRocks on 11-25-15 at 09:19AM

11-24-15 11:48AM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by HotRocks

checked your BP lately ??

.. seems you are picking a lot of fights

when people are just chatting.. .

guess we should only be reading your huge posts on your opinions..

its a curling site.. and you have become very unpleasant

.. why is that?

Well, to be fair misty1 does have a point.

This is a thread about the European Championships that keeps getting steered into a discussion of Canadian Teams. It is basically thread hijacking.

Nothing wrong with discussing things, that's the whole point of a message board. There is some basic etiquette though to keeping conversations in a thread relevant to the thread topic.

Back to the subject at hand...

Norway continues to roll on. They could very well go 9-0 here.

Glad to see Scotland get the win. The way things were going they were looking relegation in the face and needed that win badly. They have the best teams in the rearview mirror now, so they should at least avoid having that happen. They aren't out of it yet, but it's going to be a battle for them to get out of the basement and make the playoffs.

Surprise win for the Swiss. Well-played game by both teams, Schwarz made some beauty shots to bail them out of trouble a few times. Crappy way for Sweden to lose and for Switzerland to win, but credit to them for putting Sweden in the position to have to attempt the runback.

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

Last edited by Phil_D on 11-24-15 at 11:58AM

11-24-15 11:58AM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

some really good curling

We certainly are lucky to be seeing the Euros ..

Ive been following Benoit Schwarz and think he is right on Top as a shot maker

Kyle Smith pulled out a win..when you consider the oldest curler on that Team is but 23... they are just getting started...

Edin is still looking very strong..

11-24-15 12:02PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Question

quote:
Originally posted by Phil_D
Well, to be fair misty1 does have a point.

there is NO need to pick fights..

Last edited by HotRocks on 11-25-15 at 09:19AM

11-24-15 12:03PM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

Re: some really good curling

quote:
We certainly are lucky to be seeing the Euros ..

Ive been following Benoit Schwarz and think he is right on Top as a shot maker

Kyle Smith pulled out a win..when you consider the oldest curler on that Team is but 23... they are just getting started...

Edin is still looking very strong..

Agreed all around.

Scotland back in the win column and their toughest opponents should be behind them. Russia and Germany are fighting for a playoff berth though and won't go down easy. Never know with Italy either. Interesting to see what Smith & company will do with the momentum.

11-24-15 12:08PM
Phil_D
Drawmaster

Re: move past posts you dont like

quote:

there is NO need to pick fights..

Agreed, there is no need to pick fights. A lot of the threads on here devolve into bickering it seems, goes for most of the internet I guess but it is tiring regardless.

I didn't read it as picking a fight though. I saw it as someone asking people to stop making off-topic posts in the thread.

Just stating my opinion, I'm actually trying to keep this from turning into pointless bickering.

11-24-15 12:13PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

back to just havin Fun !

Last edited by HotRocks on 11-25-15 at 07:53AM

11-24-15 12:20PM
Phil_D
Drawmaster

Re: Just having fun

quote:
Live and let live..

Its just a Great Game.. and we enjoy sharing perspectives..

I just noticed that misty1 .. seems to constantly..
jump all over Legend and I got tired of it..

back to just havin Fun !

Yup.

In the same token, I felt like it was a gang-up when misty1 was just trying to keep things on topic.

But yes I agree, let's move on and get back to the curling.

11-24-15 12:25PM
Phil_D
Drawmaster

This next featured game could be very interesting.

Denmark is on a roll while Norway is still hanging on with a 2-4 record coming after an upset win over Russia to give them their first loss.

Could they be the ones to put the brakes on the Danes? From what I saw they played well yesterday but really it came down to one really bad end for Russia, who still managed to bounce back and make it come down to the last stone.

The way Nielsen has been playing I could see them putting Norway away early, but maybe they're due for a loss.

11-24-15 12:26PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Love this Euro Curling.. the Swiss are getting some really good Teams..

A lot of new countries and Teams.. nice to see Curling growing

Last edited by HotRocks on 11-25-15 at 07:55AM

11-24-15 12:29PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

hot n cold

quote:
Originally posted by Phil_D
This next featured game could be very interesting.

Denmark is on a roll while Norway is still hanging on with a 2-4 record coming after an upset win over Russia to give them their first loss.

Could they be the ones to put the brakes on the Danes? From what I saw they played well yesterday but really it came down to one really bad end for Russia, who still managed to bounce back and make it come down to the last stone.

The way Nielsen has been playing I could see them putting Norway away early, but maybe they're due for a loss.

I like that new Norwegian W Team.. she is gonna be tough..
have been waiting .. and waiting.. for a few years for Neilsen to rise above her standing.. she just seems to fade..

11-24-15 01:56PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Angry Poor ESTonia

.. Team Scotland- Eve and Co.. are really steam rolling this poor team... should be over soon

same with the more seasoned Sidorova and Paetz..

11-24-15 03:59PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: Have you....,.

quote:

checked your BP lately ??

.. seems you are picking a lot of fights

when people are just chatting.. .

guess we should only be reading your huge posts on your opinions..

its a curling site.. and you have become very unpleasant

.. why is that?

listen. this is a thread on the european curling championships. I created this thread to discuss this tournament. If you want to discuss jones and homan or mcewen or whats happening in dekalb then do it in a relevant thread or Start a thread for that said tournament but i see no point in bringing a discussion about about people that arent even relevant to the topic into the thread.

people are free to post on here there opinions but , as i have said there is no relevancy to bringing those 2 curlers into the topic or to start talking about the manitoba mens provincial championship in here and whether or not dunstone can beat mcewen there.

and honestly if you dont like reading my long posts then take your own advice and move on.

Last edited by misty1 on 11-24-15 at 04:05PM

11-24-15 04:21PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Norway scores a huge win over denmark. thats 2 really good wins for them over 2 of the top teams. Germany now drops down to 8th. They should be safe to stay in A and avoid relegation, i cant see hungary or estonia passing them. But the game against norway now is huge for both, as it means the winner will more than likely be safe to worlds while the loser will playing that world playoff game against the B side winner.

after 5 days 40-26

Men draw 7:

switzerland def. czech republic - czech republic can be tricky and hard to shake but switzerland should win

finland def. russia - hard to call but will go with finland

scotland def. italy - another one that could go either way but think scotland will edge it

germany def. netherlands - think germany will squeeze out a tight one

norway def. sweden - sweden will be hungry to avenge that loss to switzerland but norway have looked the best here by far, its hard to go against them right now

Women draw 8:

russia def. sweden - sweden had a good day today but faced 2 of the weaker teams. russia should win

norway def. germany - norway will win a close one and solidify their spot at worlds

hungary def. estonia - battle fo the teams seemingly due to be relegated . favor hungary slightly

scotland def. switzerland - scotland have looked a lot stronger. switzerland have been shaky all the way through

denmark def. finland - denmark will recover from the loss to norway and win

Men draw 8:
russia def. scotland - going with russia to pull this one out

sweden def. netherlands - sweden will overwhelm them. this should be over early

finland def. czech republic - got to go with the fins here. just look stronger

norway def. switzerland - will need to be something special from switzerland to win here

germany def. italy - i could see either one winning but im going with the germans

women draw 9:

germany def. hungary - germany will win this one and make sure they stay in 8

finland def. estonia - unfortunately im thinking estonia go winless here

scotland def. norway - norway have had 2 great wins here so im not ruling out the upset completely but scotland are heating up here

denmark def. russia - the battle for first place. think denmark edges it out

switzerland def. sweden - think this will be an exciting battle with switzerland eaking it out

11-24-15 04:24PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
I apologize for bringing certain names into European curling threads. Keep in mind that I go back with Curling Zone a long time and know that Misty is a good poster but at times a tremendously sensitive poster who sometimes he (or she) head explodes when Jennifer's name is mentioned, even in a JJ thread.

I seldom attack other posters cuz its simply not productive but recognize and fully acknowledge that certain hotheads take advantage of this in a continued attempt to crucify yours truly.

The convo between HotRocks and myself was not intended to derail the thread - it was simply intended to compare some of the euro-teams with the Canadian super teams (like Jones, Homan, Sweeting, etc.)

It did take a minor deviation into the DeKalb event so for that I'm truly sorry.

I should apologize to you myself, i admit i am to sensitive at times. Its just that there are times where i feel like your choice of words and what you say comes off as disrespectful even if you dont mean it that way and its hard for me to ignore.

you and me have certainly had our fair share of fights on here but also a fair number of good conversations. Overall i do respect you as a poster but think sometimes you get carried away..as do i

11-24-15 04:50PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

no more posting...

misty1 - just because a person creates a Thread doesnt mean they need to get all uptight and angry and controlling about things posted...
you seem to be extremely aggressive.. this is only a curling blog..

Last edited by HotRocks on 11-25-15 at 09:20AM

11-24-15 05:24PM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Be yourself

Some people need to just relax and go with the flow..

This is supposed to be just Fun..

Last edited by HotRocks on 11-25-15 at 09:21AM

11-24-15 06:57PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: Take it Cool

quote:
Sometimes "side" conversations just do pop up..
often when there is a big lull in the on-ice action...

If people had to create a whole new subject everytime there's an "off topic" side talk.. it would be ridiculous..

Curling is just a great Sport we all love..

let's just enjoy this chance to share ideas..

misty1 - just because a person creates a Thread doesnt mean they need to get all uptight and angry and controlling about things posted... I used to read everything by you but now you seem to be extremely aggressive and argumentative..not necessary.. this is only a curling blog..

Cheers All

I had things to say to this but i dont feel like getting into with you again so we'll just leave it here. Enjoy the euros. It will be fun to watch how it all unfolds over the next couple of days

Last edited by misty1 on 11-24-15 at 07:03PM