Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 4 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-14-17 07:20PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

Watched the last 4 ends of the Jones/Hasselborg mstch on

Friday afternoon.

Dumb & Dumber is definitely an apt description.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-14-17 07:36PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Is that Carruthers Laycock game a tiebreaker to see who gets the last of 8 spots into round 2?

04-15-17 12:30PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

Why is Flaxey in a tie breaker? Should it not be Hasselborg and Muirhead???

04-15-17 12:41PM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Sweeting - who seems to be regaining her form (how many times have I said that?) should be able to subdue Jones tonite on the televised game!

Both teams have made playoff round - so I suspect Jones will be playing the draw vs. tonite's opponent. Anything to avoid facing Homan in the QFs.

Obviously the biggest shocker is Michelle Englot going 0-5 in this event. All her players seem to be at the bottom of the percentage pool. 2nd Leslie Wilson is 9th, Kate Cameron is 7th at 3rd. Englot might be worst or second worst at skips percentage.

I suspect Michelle has been off-ice since their amazing performance at the STOH were they toppled mighty Homan 2 out of 3 times with some superb shot-making.

So I'd discount the off-form a bit. Still think this team will stick together next season - for Olympic trials, cash circuit, Manitoba Scotties and STOH auto-berth if Homan takes the duke at the Olympic Trials.

It's still great for Englot at 53 to finally break through, don't see many women at that age still at it, looks like they won't be at the champioms cup, but they do have a shot at the Olympic trials, if not they could be team Canada at next year's TOH.

04-15-17 12:46PM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

I would've liked to have made my TB picks for this morning's games, but was not able to.

Here are my playoff picks so far, Women: Tirinzoni, Homan, Muirhead.

Men: Jacobs, De Cruz, Koe.

04-15-17 12:51PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by guido
Why is Flaxey in a tie breaker? Should it not be Hasselborg and Muirhead???

No, Eve placed higher.

04-15-17 01:18PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

ML, Jones could not avoid Eve though, she can very well lose that.

04-15-17 01:31PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Carruthers on fire right now smashing Morris 9-5.

Hasselborg eeked out an EE 5-4 win, still a decent showing from Flaxey.

04-15-17 01:42PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Remaining QF picks, women: Hasselborg, I know Fleury's done well here including a win over this team, but I don't think it will happen again as Hasselborg are a better team usually and this is a bigger game.

Men: Carruthers, McEwen just does not do well vs them.

As for my other picks, Tirinzoni is a better team and has a better HTH, Jones is a better team than Eve, but Eve tends to win these games, Homan well, best team in the world and dominates Val.

Smith's put in a good showing including a win over Jacobs, but Jacobs is too good for it to happen twice I think, the stakes are higher this time, looks like Gushue has finally hit a wall, Koe should take them down again to make up for the Brier defeats, these are pretty much must watch games when they meet, I've gone De Cruz cause lately Edin's either been losing or barely scraping by.

Last edited by Stoner on 04-15-17 at 01:56PM

04-16-17 09:43AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

great results for smith, beating jacobs twice. think we'll have a mcewen/edin final

on the womens side i think it'll be jones/sweeting

04-16-17 09:53AM
Netz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Netz Click here to Send Netz a Private Message Find more posts by Netz Add Netz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Netz
Swing Artist

Any ideas on what game will be shown at 11:00, I hope they do not do that switching all over the place thing, would rather watch one game to follow the continuity of it.

04-16-17 10:20AM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Stoner
Remaining QF picks, women: Hasselborg, I know Fleury's done well here including a win over this team, but I don't think it will happen again as Hasselborg are a better team usually and this is a bigger game.

Men: Carruthers, McEwen just does not do well vs them.

As for my other picks, Tirinzoni is a better team and has a better HTH, Jones is a better team than Eve, but Eve tends to win these games, Homan well, best team in the world and dominates Val.

Smith's put in a good showing including a win over Jacobs, but Jacobs is too good for it to happen twice I think, the stakes are higher this time, looks like Gushue has finally hit a wall, Koe should take them down again to make up for the Brier defeats, these are pretty much must watch games when they meet, I've gone De Cruz cause lately Edin's either been losing or barely scraping by.

I'm making a fortune betting against Stoner's picks. Missed 6 of 8 in the quarters? Time to hang it up.

04-16-17 10:23AM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Netz
Any ideas on what game will be shown at 11:00, I hope they do not do that switching all over the place thing, would rather watch one game to follow the continuity of it.

I imagine they will switch around again and I'm not a fan of it either. After watching most of the 2 draws yesterday, I really liked the first draw better when they concentrated on one game. You can still get highlights from other games when they do this. However, for the upcoming draw with both men and women playing the same time they probably don't want to pick one game. Therefore, I wish they would only do this for when the semis are played the same time by both men and women. Or just pick one game and go with it....

04-16-17 07:11PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by biterbar

I'm making a fortune betting against Stoner's picks. Missed 6 of 8 in the quarters? Time to hang it up.

Ok, nice one, you haven't even made any picks, so you should probably keep quiet.

I should also mention I have the highest picking % of anyone in the top 40 on Fantasy Pickem at 73, it's not like those Men's QF picks were easy, or the Men's games this week in general, for some reason the Women are easier to pick, I'm also the 4th best picker this week, so I'm actually doing quite well all things considered, but hey, go ahead and take another shot without a leg to stand on.

Last edited by Stoner on 04-16-17 at 08:26PM

04-16-17 08:07PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:

No, Eve placed higher.

Flaxey was 2-3 in the "A"
Muirhead and Hasselborg were 2-3 in the "B"

04-16-17 08:10PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Jones doing fairly well so far, she knows how to close these, whereas we know how good Val is at finishing 2nd, though this is only there 2nd final this season, they did win the other, but did not have to face Homan or Jones to win.

Last edited by Stoner on 04-16-17 at 08:13PM

04-16-17 08:12PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:

Flaxey was 2-3 in the "A"
Muirhead and Hasselborg were 2-3 in the "B"

Yes, but they had a way of knowing who was the better 2-3.

04-16-17 08:14PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Jones should have bagged Val for a quad in 3 - but JJ is no longer able to hit the broom on command - plus she throws a Johnny Mo smoker when heavy hack woulda done the job!

An amazing team crippled by poor ice-reading and a gradually deteriorating skip. Kaitlyn Lovely missing a ton of shots, too!

Maybe, but Val is still doing worse.

04-16-17 08:31PM
Three is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Three Click here to Send Three a Private Message Find more posts by Three Add Three to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Three
Swing Artist

quote:

Yes, but they had a way of knowing who was the better 2-3.

A better guess is they decide the best 2-3 team looking at the Draw to the Button averages. Gerry?

04-16-17 08:38PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Tough shot there for Jones, was maybe fortunate it was only a steal of 1.

04-16-17 09:19PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Congrats to Jones. Pretty much every last shot I've seen this week has been a miss though.

04-16-17 09:33PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Isn't it crazy how the team that continues to be maligned as declining in shotmaking is the champion and the team that they were ready to rename the facility for for winning her fourth title was not there in the end. Congrats Jen and crew.

04-16-17 10:09PM
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Three

A better guess is they decide the best 2-3 team looking at the Draw to the Button averages. Gerry?

I could see that within pools. But teams from different pools in a tiebreaker makes zero sense.

04-16-17 10:19PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
This even pretty much confirmed Homan, Jones & Sweeting are still the BIG 3 in Canada.

Homan is still ascending - based on her world championship form I think neither Val nor Jennifer will be able to stand up to her come Olympic Trial time. But that's why they still play the games!

Couldn't believe some of the calls by either skipper tonite - Jones was virtually handed the title by an out-of-sorts Valerie Sweeting. Could just as easily have been JJ.

Never know how much Ali Flaxey will improve by next year's trials. Also Casey Schiedegger.

Tracy Fleury, Einarson, Julie Tippen, Harrison, Krista McCarville should be main contenders for the last 2 entries 2 the Trials.

Not to mention can Carey rebound from a pretty off season. Can't forget Rocque, Middaugh and Kleibrink too.

Last edited by Stoner on 04-16-17 at 10:34PM

04-17-17 09:00AM
drawthepin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for drawthepin Click here to Send drawthepin a Private Message Find more posts by drawthepin Add drawthepin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
drawthepin
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

I could see that within pools. But teams from different pools in a tiebreaker makes zero sense.

Top 8 teams make the playoffs, ties are broken using the LSA and a minimum number of tiebreak games.