Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
12-05-18 09:44AM
AK267 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AK267 Visit AK267's homepage! Find more posts by AK267 Add AK267 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AK267
Super Rockchucker

ESPN3 2018--2019 Season

Looks like ESPN3 has signed up for the 2018--2019 Season of Champions.

Those in the States are in for some good curling.

http://www.espn.com/watch/schedule/

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

12-06-18 10:03AM
courtneyshaw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for courtneyshaw Click here to Send courtneyshaw a Private Message Find more posts by courtneyshaw Add courtneyshaw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
courtneyshaw
Harvey Hacksmasher

At least we can watch Canadian curling since those of us without access to NBC sports can't actually watch curling in our own country.

Thanks NBC!

12-08-18 04:15PM
Grat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grat Click here to Send Grat a Private Message Find more posts by Grat Add Grat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grat
Hitting Paint

Not sure I get the anger at NBC. I did a quick search and didn't find a provider that has ESPN but not NBCSN. If NBCSN is not in the package you have, that's a provider and customer decision. NBC would love to have NBCSN in basic cable on every system. And when it comes time to complain about your CATV prices, ESPN and the Disney owned channels are probably the most expensive per channel in your basic package.

Why does EPSN get a pat on the back for just streaming their sibling's content, when NBC Universal has put curling into their actual channel lineup on NBCSN and the Olympic channel.

Also, if your provider doesn't carry NBCSN, there are options in today's world. NBCSN is within just about anyone's reach, if they care enough to pay for it.

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/wat...aying-cable-tv/

12-08-18 04:50PM
courtneyshaw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for courtneyshaw Click here to Send courtneyshaw a Private Message Find more posts by courtneyshaw Add courtneyshaw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
courtneyshaw
Harvey Hacksmasher

ESPN allows streaming with only an internet subscription. NBC does not. And you are right... people can watch curling if they want to pay for cable. I am definitely not interested in a cable subscription for access to one event, particularly when I can use a foreign VPN to get them if I really wanted to.

I just don't think NBC is helping our sport by limiting access for people to watch it online.

12-08-18 06:57PM
Grat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grat Click here to Send Grat a Private Message Find more posts by Grat Add Grat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grat
Hitting Paint

Streaming ESPN without a CATV subscription is news to me. Where are you getting that service from? Does ESPN+ include curling?

12-08-18 08:15PM
gonzobob is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gonzobob Click here to Send gonzobob a Private Message Find more posts by gonzobob Add gonzobob to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gonzobob
Harvey Hacksmasher

From www.espn.com/watchespn/about

"Access to live programming on the ESPN3 channel of WatchESPN.com is available at no additional cost to fans with subscriptions to participating high speed internet service providers. Click HERE to view a complete list of participating providers."

The "HERE" link doesn't work when I click it but it is a pretty long list of internet providers from what I can remember.

12-09-18 12:01AM
courtneyshaw
Harvey Hacksmasher

I'm in DC. I have always been able to access ESPN online with only an internet account. That's all I know.

That's my issue with NBC. I get it. They pay for their coverage. It's dumbed down coverage and almost unwatchable to anyone who has heard of curling before, ut they pay for it. But curling is far from other televised sports. The following is poor at best. Restricting access is never going to help their cause until more people want to watch.

"I should sign up for cable so that I can watch curling".
- no one ever

12-09-18 03:21AM
Grat
Hitting Paint

Got it, it's basically a loophole that gets you ESPN3. Your provider includes ESPN in their basic tier, almost all of their customers have that tier, so instead of requiring a login they authorize ESPN3 for the whole IP range for the providers internet service. If you take your laptop into a coffee shop or try to use your cell phone ESPN3 probably won't work. They've decided the convenience for the large group of paying customer is more important than preventing the small subset of non-subscribers from accessing the content. It's a holdover from the days when CATV providers had almost no internet only customers.

I have, and know other people who have paid to stream the slams. Because you don't get enough eyeballs to pay for producing the curling broadcasts from advertising alone you need subscriber fees.

Consider yourself lucky to get ESPN online. NBC is getting curling to more viewers putting it on pay TV rather than ESPN is with streaming only, so I still have to put them in the lead for supporting curling in the US.

12-21-18 01:07PM
dmatch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dmatch Find more posts by dmatch Add dmatch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dmatch
Harvey Hacksmasher

ISPs Pay for ESPN3 Access

The ISPs actually pay for their users to have access to ESPN3. Windstream used to have this sort of contract with ESPN3 but several years ago refused to renew it for economical reasons.. All Windstream customers everywhere used to get access but now none do (unless they are a subscriber to ESPN v ia cable etc.). Other ISPs (e.g. AT&T) still contract for ESPN3.

01-29-19 07:05PM
jimdc58 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jimdc58 Find more posts by jimdc58 Add jimdc58 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jimdc58
Knee-Slider

I have to have an extra tier added for two months every curling season so that I can get ESPN3. (The lowest tier doesn't have ESPN.) It's kind of costly and the streaming for ESPN3 never works very well. (My streams from YareTV for the Slams and from YouTube are just fine. I don't know what it is with ESPN3.)

I just wish cable and/or broadcast channels would start taking curling serious here in the states so that I didn't have to rely on streaming of everything.

01-29-19 10:56PM
AK267 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AK267 Visit AK267's homepage! Find more posts by AK267 Add AK267 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AK267
Super Rockchucker

In the States, the only cable channels that broadcast the sport are the Olympic Channel and NBCSN.

USA Nationals will be streamed on www.usacurl.org

https://twitter.com/12thEndSports/s...279135497330689

3rd leg of the World Cup of Curling will be on the Olympic Channel and NBCSN.

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Curling...d-Cup-in-Sweden

01-30-19 09:49AM
jimdc58 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jimdc58 Find more posts by jimdc58 Add jimdc58 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jimdc58
Knee-Slider

And of course, where I am you have to buy up one tier to get NBCSN and a couple of tiers to get the Olympic Channel. Very frustrating. Plus, NBCSN and the Olympic Channel show everything in tape delay.

I'm so glad to have YouTube. Watched the Sask. Scotties on CURLSASK last week and right now I'm watching the Ontario Provincials on TitleSportsLive. (Go Team Homan!). There are also the WCF and WCT channels for global events.

Curling Canada posts the TSN broadcasts on a one day delay. Sometimes I just avoid seeing who won and watch those if I don't want to buy the higher tier.

Last edited by jimdc58 on 01-30-19 at 01:38PM

02-22-19 07:44PM
jimdc58
Knee-Slider

Re: ESPN3 2018--2019 Season

quote:
Originally posted by AK267
Looks like ESPN3 has signed up for the 2018--2019 Season of Champions.

Those in the States are in for some good curling.

http://www.espn.com/watch/schedule/

Okay, I officially hate ESPN3. I've been watching the Scotties all week and their streams are extremely inconsistent in terms of quality. (Their customer support desk also does anything but support customers.) But tonight.....they just plain decided not to show draw 4 of the Championship Round!

I wish someone would get the rights away from ESPN/TSN and do like Sportsnet does with the Slams....sell season passes for the "Season of Champions". I'd pay extra just to have someone competent taking care of it.

02-23-19 09:54AM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

ESPN3 are showing the missing game right now as I type this. They got it confused with the if-necessary tiebreaker slot they had programmed in this morning.

02-23-19 02:10PM
dmatch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dmatch Find more posts by dmatch Add dmatch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dmatch
Harvey Hacksmasher

Day late and a dollar short ESPN. One of the worst places to watch sports online with a poor video player that can't seem to decide what bandwidth to use. Just gets stabilized and here come commercials to throw everything into a tizzy again. Maybe not a ESPN problem, but sound 1/2 sec. out of sync on firefox.

Netflix, Amazon, Youtube (Live and on-demand) virtually every other streaming service works better. Just my opinion.

02-23-19 04:28PM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

It works perfectly from a technical point of view on all of my devices.

03-09-19 01:32AM
curlgncc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlgncc Click here to Send curlgncc a Private Message Find more posts by curlgncc Add curlgncc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlgncc
Knee-Slider

What happened to ESPN 3

Anyone else having trouble viewing the brier or any of the archived Scotties games? I now get nothing when I search for curling. What's up with that?

03-09-19 03:23PM
squireoh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for squireoh Click here to Send squireoh a Private Message Find more posts by squireoh Add squireoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
squireoh
Knee-Slider

Re: What happened to ESPN 3

quote:
Originally posted by curlgncc
Anyone else having trouble viewing the brier or any of the archived Scotties games? I now get nothing when I search for curling. What's up with that?

If you want to watch the archived games I would recommend YouTube. Curling Canada posts most of the archived games there under their account.

03-09-19 06:11PM
gonzobob is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gonzobob Click here to Send gonzobob a Private Message Find more posts by gonzobob Add gonzobob to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
gonzobob
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: What happened to ESPN 3

quote:
Originally posted by curlgncc

ESPN seems to have broken the search the last time they updated it. I haven't used it since. The games are there. Just go to "Schedule & Replays" and hit "Replays" and click the day you want to watch. You can further filter by ESPN3 network to reduce the size of the replay list.

And as dmatch said, there are issues with playback of commercials. You may have to try to skip them by clicking past them.

03-11-19 02:00PM
Grat
Hitting Paint

Instead of searching for "curling" I was able to use "Brier" or "Scotties" to get the listings.

02-14-24 02:48AM
ECS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ECS Find more posts by ECS Add ECS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ECS
Harvey Hacksmasher

shoes for girls

Explore our collection of stylish and comfortable shoes for girls at ECS. From trendy sandals to elegant slippers, find the perfect pair to complete any outfit.

02-14-24 06:00AM
chahyay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chahyay Find more posts by chahyay Add chahyay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chahyay
Harvey Hacksmasher

Get the perfect Ladies handbags to complete your look at Chahyay. Browse through our wide range of stylish and trendy bags for women.