Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Brier Tickets Online Experience

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-10-16 11:11PM
JB42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB42 Click here to Send JB42 a Private Message Find more posts by JB42 Add JB42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB42
Drawmaster

Exclamation Brier Tickets Online Experience

So I'm trying to buy Brier tickets online.

The first site they send you to.

http://www.curling.ca/2016brier/tickets/

O.K. Seems promising says Brier Tickets. You click on it and it has a breakdown. The one that I want is for the Championship weekend. All good so I click on 'Buy Now'

And it sends me here.

https://ev10.evenue.net/cgi-bin/nco...caller=&appCode

Now I have all sorts of choices I need to make and I try them all.

Seating......sure I look at the seating but there is no way to buy.

Full draw schedule....well actually I've already told you I only want the Championship weekend but whatever....I click on that link and it shows me the full draw, a step back from where I was, and still no way to buy tickets.

Then I see up on the top right 'Create an account' and 'log in'. So I try to create an account in case that is what is impeding me......nope.....nothing at all happens.

Top left there is 'Buy/renew'.....nope that's for all the other sports that this company deals with in Ottawa. None of them to do with buying Brier tickets.

Seriously it really shouldn't be this hard for you to give your money to them.

Any one else tried to use this site to buy tickets?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-11-16 12:04AM
JB42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB42 Click here to Send JB42 a Private Message Find more posts by JB42 Add JB42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB42
Drawmaster

That may be so but......it doesn't explain A) Why I click on for example 'Buy All 22 Draws' I end up in the same non functioning loop.

B) Why....if this is so.....this is not explained anywhere.

02-11-16 05:51AM
On The Nose is offline Click Here to See the Profile for On The Nose Find more posts by On The Nose Add On The Nose to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
On The Nose
Drawmaster

This sounds familiar. A few years ago, I could not believe the trouble one had to go to to buy tickets to the Scotties. It was as if someone had devised a method to sell the least amount of tickets possible. That was one of several elements of the running of the Scotties which made absolutely no sense if the goal was to attract people to the event.

I hope they get their act together soon... I mean, geez, you'd figure that they've run enough Briers and Scotties events over the decades to know what works and what doesn't by now.
At this point, I'm seriously wondering if they ever will get their act together.

"It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own... but the great man is he who, in the midst of the crowd, keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

02-11-16 07:49AM
daiglem is offline Click Here to See the Profile for daiglem Click here to Send daiglem a Private Message Find more posts by daiglem Add daiglem to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daiglem
Knee-Slider

The CapitalTickets site seems to be broken, at least for this event.

I was able to get a bit further using the "mobile" version of the site, but while I was able to add tickets to my cart, I did not actually try to purchase them. There is a link at the very bottom of the page that allows the switch to the mobile site.

02-11-16 09:37AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Maybe they don't want anyone to come! Rather silly, Perhaps Curling Canada needs to use a site such as Event Brite or Eventzilla. Both those sites were nice and easy to purchase from and to maintain!

02-11-16 09:41AM
AK267 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AK267 Visit AK267's homepage! Find more posts by AK267 Add AK267 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AK267
Super Rockchucker

oh the irony!!!

In Canada, they turn you back with a broken site.

In USA they beg for people to attend...in JACKSONVILLE.
(last nite: 150 people out of a 14k seat arena...and a good chunk were players in the stands)

Last edited by AK267 on 02-11-16 at 01:44PM

02-11-16 01:17PM
It's Just Curli is offline Click Here to See the Profile for It's Just Curli Click here to Send It's Just Curli a Private Message Find more posts by It's Just Curli Add It's Just Curli to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
It's Just Curli
Knee-Slider

Hi...thanks for bringing this to our attention. I was in touch with Capital Tickets and they had a glitch on their website and all ticket purchases were affected (not just Brier ticket purchases). It should be up and running now. We did our own testing.

You could always go old school and phnone (Toll Free: 877-788-FANS (3267), especially if you are looking for specific seats.

All tickets are on sale now, including singles, opening and championship weekend.

Thanks for supporting the Brier - much appreciated.