Like CurlingZone on Facebook

Welcome to CurlingZone, Guest!   Register Now!    
Already a member?   Login:              Forgot Password?
ProCurlingWear - Create Your Design
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
The classic YoYo. I would have thought that taking a foursey would not have affected the homan team so drastically. Never be smug. Never underestimate or POW#*!!@ right in the kisser. Frequent in Club Curling - seldom at this level. Any other explanations? Was there an injury, or an in-team squabble. WOW!

Don't think there's any internal squabbles. Remember, Rachel has discovered there's more to life than curling so something to consider.

On Raytch's last draw - facing 3 - she was a bit light - I've never seen Jo Courtney sweep so diabolically and viciously - just to get a bite of the 12. She never stopped - and Emma met her after the hog-line to relieve Lisa.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-05-17 02:27PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

Can someone with broadcast coverage tell me about Shuster's draw for 2 and the win over Edin in the 8th?

Thanks.

Old Post 01-05-17 02:53PM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
squireoh
Knee-Slider

quote:
Originally posted by biterbar
Can someone with broadcast coverage tell me about Shuster's draw for 2 and the win over Edin in the 8th?

Thanks.

Shuster needed full eight foot for the win. Third shot was at the edge of the eight, and that rock was his target for the draw. He was heavy with his draw, but the sweepers failed to sweep the rock once it was passed the hog line. If the front end had swept the rock it likely ticks the rock at the edge of the eight and angles for the win.

Shuster made a mistake in being heavy, but the front end made a bigger mistake in not sweeping the rock more to nick the rock and make it stick to count.

Old Post 01-05-17 03:05PM
squireoh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for squireoh Click here to Send squireoh a Private Message Find more posts by squireoh Add squireoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by squireoh

Shuster needed full eight foot for the win. Third shot was at the edge of the eight, and that rock was his target for the draw. He was heavy with his draw, but the sweepers failed to sweep the rock once it was passed the hog line. If the front end had swept the rock it likely ticks the rock at the edge of the eight and angles for the win.

Shuster made a mistake in being heavy, but the front end made a bigger mistake in not sweeping the rock more to nick the rock and make it stick to count.

Full eight only? Ugh.

Old Post 01-05-17 03:08PM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jzwanzig
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by squireoh

I didn't see the shot, but the way you describe it sounds more like a line-call error than a sweeper error. Of course, I'm a front-end player so that's my bias--

Old Post 01-05-17 03:23PM
jzwanzig is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jzwanzig Click here to Send jzwanzig a Private Message Find more posts by jzwanzig Add jzwanzig to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
squireoh
Knee-Slider

quote:
Originally posted by jzwanzig

I didn't see the shot, but the way you describe it sounds more like a line-call error than a sweeper error. Of course, I'm a front-end player so that's my bias--

Normally I would agree with you, but Shuster and George let the front end know the tick was there and yet it wasn't swept.

Old Post 01-05-17 03:41PM
squireoh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for squireoh Click here to Send squireoh a Private Message Find more posts by squireoh Add squireoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Swing Artist

Was just slightly heavy, so it was a fine line as to how much to sweep for the draw. However they over swept for a draw and under swept for the tick. Hence a sweeper error.

Old Post 01-05-17 04:43PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

after a lengthy analysis and a qwik look at A, B, and C

a around robin , a triple knockout, or dropping the teams out of a helicopter from 5000 feet - the same 8 teams qualify ....

Old Post 01-05-17 05:03PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Super Rockchucker

homan being down in C already is one thing but the way she lost her 2nd game is the real stunner. its not often you see rachel get blown away like that

Old Post 01-05-17 05:04PM
misty1 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
homan being down in C already is one thing but the way she lost her 2nd game is the real stunner. its not often you see rachel get blown away like that

Maybe she came down with a bad case of RRD?

Old Post 01-05-17 05:21PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

so 6:30 wpg time on sn360

either
cotter v carruthers
gushue v balsdon
mcewan v botcher
mccormick v. laycock, aka the local yokel

hmmm. carruthers, gushue,botcher, laycock. win .

jones up two without and einarson has 1 2nd and 3rd

not the way id play the end ... einarson has to miss a few for jj to win

Old Post 01-05-17 06:22PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Drawmaster

TV @ 6:00

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
so 6:30 wpg time on sn360

either
cotter v carruthers
gushue v balsdon
mcewan v botcher
mccormick v. laycock, aka the local yokel

hmmm. carruthers, gushue,botcher, laycock. win .

jones up two without and einarson has 1 2nd and 3rd

not the way id play the end ... einarson has to miss a few for jj to win

Carruthers / Cotter

Old Post 01-05-17 06:37PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

morris last terrible in first
reids worse
cotters to lie 3 worse

reid leaves a nice combo when he tries a come around but light

cotter tries combo to win game - nope draws for two but misses

after one
cotter 42%. actually 0%
morris 84%. actually 0%

reid 78%. actually. 0%
brayden 100%. actually 0%

nelski. you are needed in n battleford. - sleigh dogs on way

both teams lucky they werent playing against mixed stick curlers

Last edited by fresca on 01-05-17 at 08:03PM

Old Post 01-05-17 07:57PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

carruthers first in 2nd. is peel raise and finds hole - coould have played back ring raise and set up a tthree so has to draw for 1

getting better

Old Post 01-05-17 08:17PM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
morris last terrible in first
reids worse
cotters to lie 3 worse

reid leaves a nice combo when he tries a come around but light

cotter tries combo to win game - nope draws for two but misses

after one
cotter 42%. actually 0%
morris 84%. actually 0%

reid 78%. actually. 0%
brayden 100%. actually 0%

nelski. you are needed in n battleford. - sleigh dogs on way

both teams lucky they werent playing against mixed stick curlers

The stick curlers would got an 8 ended on these teams

Old Post 01-05-17 08:35PM
curlerbroad is online now Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

if they we were scored on smart shot curling they would be about 25 %

maybe the lights are to bright - like deer in the headlights

announcers schmoozing - get martin back in the booth and call it the way it is

olympic zinc potential !!!

Old Post 01-05-17 08:40PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

In retrospect

Jones v. Einarson was a rather sickly affair.

Both teams would get their heads kicked off if they curled like that against a top team going full throttle.

ie. Val Sweeting is going full throttle. That's why I picked her to play Tirinzoni in the final.

Something about Einarson's team doesn't ring right. All have great on-ice demeanour but Selena is a rather timid 3rd.

Front end good, NOT great!

That said, if Jones goes sour in Charleswood - she could have her throne stolen by any number of good teams (Englot, Einarson, Birchard, etc.)

Jones I saw today wasn't really in the game. When she's in the game she's agonizing over every shot choice, every rock position, every outcome, every possibility.

Curlerbroad's earlier assertion that both JJ and Raytch are just warming up for their provincials looks more and more the case!

Old Post 01-05-17 08:45PM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Gadz Chelsea. Is it THAT bad? Come home. No. Hard to know. Still got the Scotties but... whazzup already? Love that game. Bottom line.

Old Post 01-05-17 08:48PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Click here to Send nelski a Private Message Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Whats up with Chelsea Carey?

WOW - she's getting her head kicked off by the usually soft-playing Tracy Fleury!

Must say that if Team Carey didn't have their spot salted away they'd be seriously making changes - whether it be bringing back Heather from the old curler's home or someone else!

Down a converted touchdown at the half (7-0)

Not good. Not good at all!

Should use Husky Harris's now-infamous phrase!

"Awful turn of events! Just awful!"

Old Post 01-05-17 08:56PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

not good when you are slow and indecisive and have to throw your last rock in 7th on the run and give up a 3 - game over

usa 2- can 2. will return in 20 min

both teams played like they didnt want to play koe ...

gushue makes nice raise hit to win

Last edited by fresca on 01-05-17 at 09:52PM

Old Post 01-05-17 09:46PM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Whats up with Chelsea Carey?

WOW - she's getting her head kicked off by the usually soft-playing Tracy Fleury!

Must say that if Team Carey didn't have their spot salted away they'd be seriously making changes - whether it be bringing back Heather from the old curler's home or someone else!

Down a converted touchdown at the half (7-0)

Not good. Not good at all!

Should use Husky Harris's now-infamous phrase!

"Awful turn of events! Just awful!"

From the brief camera shots of the women's game last night, Amy Nixon looked very angry. I wouldn't be surprised if she is plotting a change as we speak. However, if Chelsea was left with circus shots all night, then the rest of the team has to take some of the blame including Nixon.

Old Post 01-06-17 09:11AM
curlerbroad is online now Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

From the brief camera shots of the women's game last night, Amy Nixon looked very angry. I wouldn't be surprised if she is plotting a change as we speak. However, if Chelsea was left with circus shots all night, then the rest of the team has to take some of the blame including Nixon.

Re: Amy plotting change!

The game is afoot

Old Post 01-06-17 09:44AM
biterbar
Drawmaster

So is the score correct on Scheidegger v Hassleborg after 2? Hasselborg is shooting 50% and Scheidegger 90% and the score is 6-0 Hassleborg? The shot by shot shows Scheideggers hammer getting a 5/5 but Hasselborg went from laying 4 to laying 5???

Old Post 01-06-17 09:51AM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by biterbar
So is the score correct on Scheidegger v Hassleborg after 2? Hasselborg is shooting 50% and Scheidegger 90% and the score is 6-0 Hassleborg? The shot by shot shows Scheideggers hammer getting a 5/5 but Hasselborg went from laying 4 to laying 5???

I saw the same thing but it is corrected now...must have been a confused stats volunteer

Old Post 01-06-17 10:08AM
Deliverer
Harvey Hacksmasher

Can't understand all the negatives about Homan over the last two days.

Seems to me, she has now positioned her team perfectly to go all the way in this 'spiel.

Won't matter much who they meet in the finals; the championship trophy should be in their hands after 7.

Res Ipsa Loquitor

Old Post 01-06-17 11:03AM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote