Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Johnny Mo joins Cotter

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 4 of 10 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-25-13 10:13PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quite the amazing team ... an incredible string of victories and shots - this team raised the committment to a new level and it showed ... year after year they have entertained us like no other team ... we were lucky to be there for the gold in 2010 .... the highlight of our viewing career !

must be fun to be part of a team this successful ... martin, howard, ferbey, - they brought curling into a million homes

thx kevin, john, marc, and ben....

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.61.129

04-25-13 10:50PM
curlingmad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlingmad Click here to Send curlingmad a Private Message Find more posts by curlingmad Add curlingmad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlingmad
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
quite the amazing team ... an incredible string of victories and shots - this team raised the committment to a new level and it showed ... year after year they have entertained us like no other team ... we were lucky to be there for the gold in 2010 .... the highlight of our viewing career !

must be fun to be part of a team this successful ... martin, howard, ferbey, - they brought curling into a million homes

thx kevin, john, marc, and ben....

Totally agree. They forced other teams to be fully committed and you don't have to like them, just respect them. Being in AB... I've watched Randy take the game to a new level till 06... then Kevin took it even higher.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-25-13 11:25PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by curlingmad

Totally agree. They forced other teams to be fully committed and you don't have to like them, just respect them. Being in AB... I've watched Randy take the game to a new level till 06... then Kevin took it even higher.

Actually, I think Kevin and the Howards took it to a new level... and then they boycotted. Then Nedohin took over the shot making.
The olympics, and the committment to get there,has made curling what it is today.

04-25-13 11:28PM
Unregistered

Morris play third for cotter? Shake your heads. Morris would skip that team and either Gunner or Griffiths would go bye-bye.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 209.121.225.220

04-26-13 07:03AM
freezetothehack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for freezetothehack Click here to Send freezetothehack a Private Message Find more posts by freezetothehack Add freezetothehack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
freezetothehack
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by dugless_zone 13
Morris focuses all of his energy into preparing for a run at the Mixed Doubles birth in 2018.

Funny!

04-26-13 07:11AM
Unregistered

Imagination everywhere but O(N the Ice

and here I thought most curlers..
and in particular posters on this site were so enthrenched in their same old ideas that we would never see but 20 posts a day by nothing better to do Legend in his journalist Mind...

its like reading these posts is Travel Unlimited.. Mark Nichols uprooting his Life again to go to Alberta..not bl**dy likely..

John Morris wants ONE thing to SKIP..he tried for 7 years to make Martin agree with him and he's finally going to to try and form his own Team ( *snicker )

I just think its a bit funny that he believes because he was successful in Juniors that he can run in parallel with the best in the world.
Good Luck John...its all Pure Ego and you will probably even go back to breaking brooms..

Good Luck to Team Martin.. this sure was Loyalty in spades right on the brink of Trials..
I bet KMart gets his form back post surgery and post Mouth Mo.. to do better with a Third that knows /DOES his Job..

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 65.94.53.66

04-26-13 09:09AM
Unregistered

Re: Imagination everywhere but O(N the Ice

quote:
John Morris wants ONE thing to SKIP..he tried for 7 years to make Martin agree with him and he's finally going to to try and form his own Team ( *snicker )

I just think its a bit funny that he believes because he was successful in Juniors that he can run in parallel with the best in the world.

05 olympic trials:

Skip W L
Brad Gushue 8 1
Jeff Stoughton 7 2
John Morris 6 3
Glenn Howard 5 4
Pat Ryan 5 4
Kevin Martin 4 5
Randy Ferbey 4 5
Shawn Adams 3 6
Mark Dacey 3 6
Jay Peachey 0 9

No, John Morris hasn't had any success as a skip since juniors. I'm not even mentioning the Brier final.

This is crazy. You can not like him because he has a temper that he didn't control well when he was younger, but you have to acknowledge ability and accomplishment.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 207.112.125.245

04-26-13 10:25AM
Dackle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dackle Click here to Send Dackle a Private Message Find more posts by Dackle Add Dackle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dackle
Hitting Paint

Re: Imagination everywhere but O(N the Ice

quote:
and here I thought most curlers..
and in particular posters on this site were so enthrenched in their same old ideas that we would never see but 20 posts a day by nothing better to do Legend in his journalist Mind...

its like reading these posts is Travel Unlimited.. Mark Nichols uprooting his Life again to go to Alberta..not bl**dy likely..

Good Luck John...its all Pure Ego and you will probably even go back to breaking brooms..

Good Luck to Team Martin.. this sure was Loyalty in spades right on the brink of Trials..
I bet KMart gets his form back post surgery and post Mouth Mo.. to do better with a Third that knows /DOES his Job..

This post is so reminiscent of UpYurKIlt and several words capitalized for no apparent reason.

What do you mean go back to breaking brooms, did he ever stop? He threw a mic against the boards during the Brier. Brooms, mics, it's still temper tantrums. I think this move makes the Martin team better, altho not necessarily stronger because at the very least it takes the personality conflict away, for now.

04-26-13 11:11AM
Unregistered

I really hope the rumours of The hoice being Brad Gushue are just that..rumours. The guy finally has a team on his hands that could be really, really good if they were given time to grow. Leaving those young guys stranded at this point would also be a really horrible thing to do

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 198.163.53.10

04-26-13 11:16AM
Unregistered

lighten up on him ... i have seen all of the guys ready to spit nickels .. except ulsrud and a couple of others ... in a team sport if you miss there is huge pressure that you let the others down .. and it gets worse as you get closer to last rock ... in big games our lead would say " i did my part " and 4 rocks later id say the same .... we were mighty happen to be done and really glad not to be shooting the next 4 .. we had a great 3rd and skip and they usually came thru ... we werent upset if they missed cause its a team sport ..

as casey stengl said .. show me a good loser ...etc

gotta jet ... phone ringing , hopefully its kevin ....

04-26-13 11:17AM
Unregistered

What time are the press conferences?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.222.31.122

04-26-13 12:29PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

CALGARY _ John Morris discusses leaving Kevin Martin's curling team. (9 a.m. at The Glencoe Club/636 29 Ave SW)

EDMONTON _ Kevin Martin discusses the departure of third John Morris (12 p.m. at Saville Sports Centre/11610 65 Avenue NW)

Any news yet?

04-26-13 01:24PM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

Anyone who suggests Morris can't skip an elite team is certainly forgetting his past. Before he joined forces with Martin, there was a 3 year stretch where he was a Top 5 ranked team when he had Koe at 3rd and Kennedy and Paul Moffatt.

After learning for 7 years from Martin, Morris will be ready to skip his own team again, and any team he might take over leading to the Trials becomes that much stronger with him on board.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

04-26-13 02:03PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/joh...-175617476.html

Johns press conference.

Last edited by decade on 04-26-13 at 02:30PM

04-26-13 02:13PM
Unregistered

Good post by Gerry. We might never get the real inside story for Morris departing for years. Right now its a lot of sports clichs and political correctness.

Morris is a proven, capable skip. His pre-Martin record attests to that. If he is returning to the tee, he'll be one again. Yes, he has a fiery temperament that could stand some maturing. But keep in mind that successful skips need a little fire in their belly.

Martin and Glenn Howard are excellent examples of someone who is in control but burning to win inside. If Morris has learned this he'll be a major force. If not, only another talented player who wins some but never reaches full potential (think Paul Goswell here).

Only time will tell. But it will be interesting to watch.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 209.121.225.210

04-26-13 02:21PM
Unregistered

So anyone know what's happening at the Savill Centre. The Press conference must be going on now.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 209.226.51.248

04-26-13 05:38PM
Unregistered

Article about Martin's press conference here:

http://www.630ched.com/Channels/Reg...aspx?ID=1947027

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.212.233.174

04-26-13 07:45PM
Unregistered

So, it looks like interested people will have to wait for the personnel mysteries to sort themselves out. Oh well, plenty more time for speculation though!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 204.112.222.39

04-26-13 08:10PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
So, it looks like interested people will have to wait for the personnel mysteries to sort themselves out. Oh well, plenty more time for speculation though!

That will keep CZ posters going for the summer...

04-27-13 12:16AM
Unregistered

personnel has to do with who gets to play with kevin .. and who gets to play with john

its not the same as personal ..

04-27-13 08:52AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
personnel has to do with who gets to play with kevin .. and who gets to play with john

its not the same as personal ..

Shouldn't have to explain that to a former professional writer, but he's a clueless moron.

04-27-13 09:56AM
Unregistered

When I read things like 'we may never get the real story', it puzzles me why some folks so locked on a conspiracy theory that they cannot believe what is being stated by a broken spirit. For one, I applaud John for being so gut-wrenchingly honest, first with himself and second, in such an open fashion, to the world.

It is so obvious, even to amateur shrinks, that the charma run of Team Martin was into a dramatic decline. The belief structure needed to be on top was at best fragile, and likely not into severe wain. Successes of late were feeble glimmers. Losses/failures were increasingly devastating.

As I watch, it seems to me that John had reached the point, indeed was likely past the point, where by his play or emotionally he could a positive force or have a positive impact on the play or head space of his teammates, particularly Kevin. For certain, his own game was into tailspin, driven by his mental state.

When I chatted with him at Mattamy Centre, in retrospect, there was not the past charge I'd have expected in his voice and spirit. Maybe by coincidence, maybe not, he too was alone. Kevin was with Jules; Marc with Ben.

I say here and now that John did the right thing for that team. Seven months is not a great deal of time for the Martin team to rebuild, but with the right person and some early fall success they'll be a contender ... and a better contender than they'd have been with the status quo.

As for John, he could become the 'Russ Howard' of the 2013 Trials. When his headspace is operating as it is capable, he's a force, a game-changer. As Kevin Martin has said, when he's in the zone, there is no one better to have on one's team.

I wish the all the best to what will be the new Team Martin, and I sincerely hope as well to see John on the ice in Winnipeg making a difference if an opportunity, of which there will likely be several, works out for him. Both scenarios are in the sport's best interest.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 184.151.63.180

04-27-13 08:05PM
insideout

Heard today of another Alberta shake up on the ladies side, Team Webster has let go of Erin Carmody in favor of Cathy O

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.138.46.84

04-28-13 09:16AM
Unregistered

quote:
When I read things like 'we may never get the real story', it puzzles me why some folks so locked on a conspiracy theory that they cannot believe what is bei
interest.

well i for one am curious why they couldnt get along ...its been obvious for a year that john wasnt happy ....

i can only guess that john didnt like kevins stratedgy or shotmaking or stardom... im guessing he wants more attention..... the skips usually get extra glory ... as in every sport

prediction .. martin talks dave into it ... or heather does ... id love to dave win a gold .. one of the great ones

john sits out and picks up 3 winners like gushue has ... i could win with these 3

04-28-13 12:33PM
Curl401 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curl401 Find more posts by Curl401 Add Curl401 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Curl401
Swing Artist

quote:

well i for one am curious why they couldnt get along ...its been obvious for a year that john wasnt happy ....

i can only guess that john didnt like kevins stratedgy or shotmaking or stardom... im guessing he wants more attention..... the skips usually get extra glory ... as in every sport

prediction .. martin talks dave into it ... or heather does ... id love to dave win a gold .. one of the great ones

john sits out and picks up 3 winners like gushue has ... i could win with these 3

Dave's hitting ability does not suit today's power game at third
Run backs are a huge part of playing third and this is far from his strength
I like Kennedy moving up and Scott Phifer plays second Moris either takes a year off or hooks up with Koe