Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-02-17 11:29AM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Bucks County Improvements

Elsewhere in CurlingZone (Rock Talk), Dave has posted that Buck's County is raising money for a warm-room addition. When realized, this will be a big boost to a new club with dedicated ice in the populated East. That is no small step for USA curling.

It appears that they have a local business will to match February donations; maybe even double or triple match.

If curling has been good to you and you'd like to see important growth, surf over to their website and toss a token amount their way, please. I'm sure that even small donations will encourage those working hard on this project. Support is support...no matter the amount.

If I remember, I'll put my money where my mouth is.

Ben Tucker
Nowhere near Buck's County

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-13-17 09:00AM
bucksdave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bucksdave Click here to Send bucksdave a Private Message Visit bucksdave's homepage! Find more posts by bucksdave Add bucksdave to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bucksdave
Harvey Hacksmasher

Tuck,

Thanks for reading my post and mentioning it. You did read correctly.... we have a business sponsoring at a THREE to ONE ratio. So a $250.00 donation equals $1,000!!!

We currently don't have any "real" warmroom, so hosting events in winter leaves guests quite frigid!!

They are willing to donate up to $300,000 in triple matching funds. We do want to make a great club in our area which will serve to help fill a geographical gap in East Coast curling.

visit http://www.buckscountycurlingclub.o...m-campaign.html

or click below.

CLICK HERE TO DONATE!!!

For all those who have helped thus far, thanks, and thanks for all who will. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or email me at passlinedave@gmail.com

Warm (hopefully soon) regards,

Dave Schmel
Bucks County Curling Club

Last edited by bucksdave on 02-13-17 at 12:23PM

02-15-17 08:09AM
bucksdave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bucksdave Click here to Send bucksdave a Private Message Visit bucksdave's homepage! Find more posts by bucksdave Add bucksdave to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bucksdave
Harvey Hacksmasher

All I can say is wow

Folks,

All I can say is wow and thank you. The amount of support and number of donors has been great. We are almost halfway to filling this challenge grant, and it really has mad eus feel the "spirit of curling" For all those who have helped, thanks!!! And if not, please do!!! I promise a broomstacking refreshment in your future!!!

Dave

02-15-17 12:32PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

I finally got around to putting small money where my big mouth is. I'm glad to be a donor; even at a low level.

Dedicated ice is key. New high population centers are key. Do you think we'd have the Clawson rink if a bunch of knuckleheads didn't work hard and risk much when they built Potomac?

Ben Tucker

02-15-17 12:49PM
bucksdave
Harvey Hacksmasher

clawsons and the Not so Tiny anymore terrorists have put a lot of time in at our club!

and thanks for the donation Tuck!

02-22-17 08:23AM
tuck
Super Rockchucker

In today's mail, I received a nice Thank You note from Ms. Monica Lynn. She says that I get to have my name on a seat. So there's that. You can all go to Bucks in the near future and sit in my seat.

I didn't check in with the fundraising. I hope it's going well.

Ben Tucker

02-22-17 08:41AM
bucksdave
Harvey Hacksmasher

The response has been good..... bout halfway home...hoping for a strong finish!

02-22-17 06:56PM
birvin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for birvin Click here to Send birvin a Private Message Visit birvin's homepage! Find more posts by birvin Add birvin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
birvin
Harvey Hacksmasher

Just now happily sent in $100

When we built Evergreen CC in 2012 we received donations from people in eastern PA and all over the USA. Not only did the money help, but also we just felt great knowing that individuals were rooting for us. And now I'm happy to let y'all know that we in Oregon are rooting for you today. Make that warm room great!

Bruce Irvin.

02-22-17 07:15PM
bucksdave
Harvey Hacksmasher

Bruce thanks so much....please spread the word!!

02-25-17 08:00PM
bucksdave
Harvey Hacksmasher

proud to host GNCC mixed playdowns.... Ice running at 26.5 with 4 feet...help us make great ice to a great venue!

for feb we get 3 to 1 match

donate here

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL WHO HAVE HELPED....ITS BEEN HUMBLING

02-26-17 09:27PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Bumping this. This club and the people have so much energy it would be a shame if they did not make the goal. I received my third builders pin this weekend from a third different club. Tuck got a seat, I got a builders pin. So I am challenging all that donated to donate a little more. This club can become the East Coast training center. And we all know that Easties rule curling in the US. Some might have noticed that an Eastie just skipped the Junior Men to a World silver. The center of the universe is shifting with the weight of East coast curling.

Taking my tongue out of my cheek. Bucks County CC is what all clubs should strive to be, dedicated people making the best of the situation. Yes, it is very cold to watch games but no one cares. Yes, they have limited kitchen/amenities but no one cares. The ice is beyond good and the camaraderie is top notch. Donate a little or a little more.

Jeff H
who knows, possibly a future member of BCCC?

02-27-17 07:52AM
bucksdave
Harvey Hacksmasher

Thanks for the kind words Jeff and your support! It was great to host the playdown, and we look forward to making our club great!

03-13-17 09:13AM
bucksdave
Harvey Hacksmasher

Opportunity Extended

Thanks so much for all the response we have received. We are close to 70K of the 100K challenge. Our generous corporate sponsor has given us an extra 30 days to meet it. Thanks again for all your help!!

04-24-17 07:46AM
bucksdave
Harvey Hacksmasher

Officially OTW to new facility

We signed our contract with the general contractor and are ready to start as soon as we finish our last bonspiel in May!

Who knew...buildings are expensive... Thanks to all who have helped, we still need to come up with 200k, and our generous benefactor has agreed to continue the triple match, thanks for all the support!!!

And of course, if you can help, it would be awesome, there are several links in this thread!

Thankfully,

Dave Schmel
Bucks County Curling Club

06-09-17 08:13AM
bucksdave
Harvey Hacksmasher

Check out my facebook Dave Schmel ....we have the old hockey party room.... aka. BCCC 2.0 demolished....the pics are really cool...thanks to all who have helped and thanks to all who will!!