Forums Menu

User: 
Pass:  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 19 of 37 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-18-13 05:40PM
Tap Back is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tap Back Click here to Send Tap Back a Private Message Find more posts by Tap Back Add Tap Back to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tap Back
Super Rockchucker

Is it over?

With 4 teams at 4-0 it may be early to pick the qualifiers but it certainly is looking that way. Can't remember when there 4 unbeaten teams this deep into an event. May shake out differently when the unbeaten meet each other but any teams with 2-3 losses are in trouble if these teams split looses against each other.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-18-13 05:44PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

Nice little bit of class from Jill Shumay there too.her front end wanted the high five after her draw for the win but she actually shook her head and told them no high five until after she had shaken hands.

Noticed that too. Nice touch.

02-18-13 06:29PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: Re: Re: morning draws

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

today is a holiday all over Canada

Actually only in Ontario, Alberta and Sask.

02-18-13 06:41PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: morning draws

quote:
Originally posted by albetts

Actually only in Ontario, Alberta and Sask.

actually Manitoba too! It is Louis Riel day.

02-18-13 06:57PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
iCurl

LOL. It finally sunk in...MB,CA,ON and SK are ALWAYS on the same draw! No wonder there sometimes doesn't seem to be much choice. So I looked at the Brier sched. and yes indeed. AB, ON and MB are always playing at the same time there too. Do they do this on purpose? and why? I know the sched is drawn up ahead of prov. playdowns but in most of those cases they knew it would be a top team even though they didn't know which one.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 207.161.134.112

02-18-13 07:11PM
Tap Back is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Tap Back Click here to Send Tap Back a Private Message Find more posts by Tap Back Add Tap Back to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Tap Back
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by iCurl
LOL. It finally sunk in...MB,CA,ON and SK are ALWAYS on the same draw! No wonder there sometimes doesn't seem to be much choice. So I looked at the Brier sched. and yes indeed. AB, ON and MB are always playing at the same time there too. Do they do this on purpose? and why? I know the sched is drawn up ahead of prov. playdowns but in most of those cases they knew it would be a top team even though they didn't know which one.

The basic schedule template is pre-determined and then the teams are drawn to fit that particular slot. There is no way the schedule is going to be jockeyed to satisfy the viewers on TSN. It is fine the way it is. It basically is luck of the draw for each province each year. Just like getting the dreaded morning draw and one or 2 slots get an extra morning game I think and that was always the worst one to get.

02-18-13 08:46PM
Unregistered

Newfoundland is being slaughtered again..I kind of thought that having a past experience here would help but clearly it hasnt

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

02-18-13 09:36PM
Unregistered

the building looks empty this evening ... maybe its familly & friend nite only.

Sad, considering ont is on the ice.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.85.186.225

02-18-13 09:45PM
Unregistered

Not quite. Let's see if Shumay can throw a quarter of a John Morris does in his sleep or its game over and the gap loses.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.159.24

02-18-13 09:46PM
Unregistered

Thumbs down

It didn't happened. Oh well, game over.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.159.24

02-18-13 09:49PM
Dackle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dackle Click here to Send Dackle a Private Message Find more posts by Dackle Add Dackle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dackle
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Heather and Iskiw seem to enjoy tormenting some of the young fawns.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, Angry Andrea is finally living up to potential and giving Rachel Homan a decent match - Andrea up by 1 playing 7.

Jennifer Jones is playing to shrug that Northwest Territorial monkey (Galusha) off her back, up 5-1.

Suzanne Birt is one of the sloppiest finishers at this year's Scotts. Saskatchewan was begging for a beating but Birt couldn't oblige.

Birt just got 3 in 7, ML. What more do you want?

02-18-13 09:56PM
Dackle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dackle Click here to Send Dackle a Private Message Find more posts by Dackle Add Dackle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dackle
Hitting Paint

quote:

Sadly, Kingston isn't really a curling hotbed.

Like Winnipeg, Brandon, Red Deer, Saskatoon, Regina, Calgary, Edmonton, Victoria, Kelowna, Ottawa, London, Halifax, Moncton, St. Johns, Charlottetown, etc.

Homan is a terrific young team but not particularly infused with personality and quirky antics. (Like Colleen Jones, Heather Nedohin)

To each his own, I guess, ML. I would rather watch Homan and her team curl as well as they do with the great shot making . They know how to carry themselves with class and just go about the business of curling without all the histrionics and nonsense that Nedohin need to do.

02-18-13 10:12PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Dackle

To each his own, I guess, ML. I would rather watch Homan and her team curl as well as they do with the great shot making . They know how to carry themselves with class and just go about the business of curling without all the histrionics and nonsense that Nedohin need to do.

Well said!

02-18-13 10:16PM
Unregistered

i think jen jones has stolen more points than shes scored with hammer this week. scores of
8-6, 9-1, 11-4, 10-4, 9-1.

pretty good.

02-18-13 10:29PM
Unregistered

What the hell

TSN are featuring another k. scott game tomorrow, thats four now!!! They've only shown homan and jones ONCE!!

Get with it tsn.

02-18-13 10:43PM
Unregistered

Would you rather watch ... AB/NL (0-4, 0-5) or NS/NT (0-4, 1-4) or QC/PE (2-2, 2-3).

All 4 of those games are crap...wouldn't go to the arena and won't be watching TSN. I advise anyone who enjoys curling and the integrity of the sport...just wait til tomorrow evenings draw to watch.

I can't stand "9.5....well that was 9.43 Jeanna...that's why it ran straighter". Or "oh that's a great shot Kel!!!" After a clear miss. Put the stopwatches away and play ffs

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.224.222.211

02-18-13 10:45PM
Unregistered

Talking

thanks for info Cathy

02-18-13 10:48PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Re: What the hell

quote:

Let me answer that as a Fake TSN executive. Here goes -

Its a long week folks. We commit to national coverage which means covering all teams, not just the perceived front-runners. SOmetimes we pick dog games and hope to heck they end early so we can do a quick switch.

Often dog games go long cuz both teams miss with equal aplomb. Then we have to make the call to switch. This causes headaches at TSN HQ, even Jay Onrait has received hate calls about curling and Jay doesn't even know what curling is.

ONce we get to the nitty-gritty, say Wednesday we cover the Big Girls when possible and if none of them are on the ice, we cover the game where a cling-on, still alive for a tie-break or playoff spot is playing.

In a 19 draw round robin, we have to fill precious air-time with curling games. Thats what we do.

I C
thank you

02-18-13 10:51PM
Unregistered

I agree! I'm SO sick of seeing Scott. I'll be honest I really don't like Jones but at least she plays aggressive which is fun to watch. And Homan is playing so well and she is the home team how could only show them once? Just ridiculous.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 72.39.158.108

02-18-13 11:13PM
iCurl

Well, as pointed out earlier none of the top teams play on the 2PM draw. There'll be a few more like that, Wed. 7PM, Thurs. 2PM and Fri 9AM. The top 3 teams are all on the same draws. Fine with me since I can't afford the time to watch them all anyway. Would guess the organizers and TV sponsors might prefer to have the top teams in different draws.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 207.161.134.112

02-18-13 11:44PM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
Would you rather watch ... AB/NL (0-4, 0-5) or NS/NT (0-4, 1-4) or QC/PE (2-2, 2-3).

All 4 of those games are crap...wouldn't go to the arena and won't be watching TSN. I advise anyone who enjoys curling and the integrity of the sport...just wait til tomorrow evenings draw to watch.

I can't stand "9.5....well that was 9.43 Jeanna...that's why it ran straighter". Or "oh that's a great shot Kel!!!" After a clear miss. Put the stopwatches away and play ffs

Good point, i didn't look at the schedule.

02-19-13 01:46AM
Unregistered

quote:
Back to the actual event!

I'm a bit concerned for Jones (JJ). She's whomping people by leaps and bounds. Thats not like her. Either the field is pathetically weak or JJ is developing a killer instinct.

SHe usually plays tight games, even against inferior opposition.

Still concerned there are two holy terrors still out there and both curling well.

Nedohin seems to have risen from the dead of 2012 Cash season and is firing on all cylinders and at all positions.

Homan is getting some unexpected pushback from some of the fawns but this might actually be good for her. The JJ factor, tight games make you better.

JJ's team is leading the stats at all positions except 2nd where Jill Officer is starting to show some real wear 'n tear. When you get out-curled by Megan Cormier, the ultimate fawn, you got problems.

JJ will have to push thru with Officer off her game - and she's likely to get massacred by Jessica Mair and/or Ali K. which will torque up the pressure and tighten the scoring zone for Kaitlyn Lawes vs. Miskew and/or Iskiw.

In fairness, Emma Miskew is also puking up some bad ones so right now I'd have to rate the undefeated monsters this way.

1. Nedohin
2. Jones
3. Homan

The back half of the week will expose new weaknesses and fresh heroes may emerge.

No concern needed. It's amazing how well a team can play when the vice & skip consistently have % in the 80s.With kaitlyn, Jenn hasn't struggled in the round robin at all.
last yr 9-2, the year before 8-3.

Will they win it all this year, who knows. I like their chances, but i could make a case for rachel or heather too. The teams that i wanted to curl well are ... the playoffs should be great

Hope kingston packs that joint on the weekend!!

02-19-13 07:51AM
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered
I agree! I'm SO sick of seeing Scott. I'll be honest I really don't like Jones but at least she plays aggressive which is fun to watch. And Homan is playing so well and she is the home team how could only show them once? Just ridiculous.

well you cant feature someone who's not playing

02-19-13 07:54AM
Unregistered

quote:
Back to the actual event!

I'm a bit concerned for Jones (JJ). She's whomping people by leaps and bounds. Thats not like her. Either the field is pathetically weak or JJ is developing a killer instinct.

SHe usually plays tight games, even against inferior opposition.

Still concerned there are two holy terrors still out there and both curling well.

Nedohin seems to have risen from the dead of 2012 Cash season and is firing on all cylinders and at all positions.

Homan is getting some unexpected pushback from some of the fawns but this might actually be good for her. The JJ factor, tight games make you better.

JJ's team is leading the stats at all positions except 2nd where Jill Officer is starting to show some real wear 'n tear. When you get out-curled by Megan Cormier, the ultimate fawn, you got problems.

JJ will have to push thru with Officer off her game - and she's likely to get massacred by Jessica Mair and/or Ali K. which will torque up the pressure and tighten the scoring zone for Kaitlyn Lawes vs. Miskew and/or Iskiw.

In fairness, Emma Miskew is also puking up some bad ones so right now I'd have to rate the undefeated monsters this way.

1. Nedohin
2. Jones
3. Homan

The back half of the week will expose new weaknesses and fresh heroes may emerge.

take a look at whos she's played:

PEI - the one team she didnt whollop.This team did not make a ton of mistakes and actually probably should have beaten her...at the very least they should have been upo 7-3 on her after 5.

every other team she's played has made alot of mistakes and has struggled

now that she has some of the other top teams and tougher tests to come we'll see how she does

02-19-13 08:23AM
Unregistered

Homan

Biggest difference I see so far is that Homan is winning her games as opposed to the other teams losing them for her. She's MAKING key shots at key times whereas with Jones the other teams are putting the game on a platter for her by missing the shots that could put her away. Having said that though, every year Jones seems to stick around and stick around and will most likely still be there come playoff time.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.89.251.121