Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-09-19 06:12PM
wojo123 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wojo123 Find more posts by wojo123 Add wojo123 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wojo123
Knee-Slider

GSOC-Players

Just wondering if CZ will be posting the draw scores

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-09-19 06:48PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

score link

http://www.thegrandslamofcurling.co...s-championship/

04-10-19 02:43PM
Western Newbie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Western Newbie Click here to Send Western Newbie a Private Message Find more posts by Western Newbie Add Western Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Western Newbie
Hitting Paint

nik

Wow, winning a gold medal on Sunday and whupping his opponent a few days later. Team Edin just doesn't stop! Great work. As a Canadian, I was cheering for Canada, but I can't help but be happy for Team Edin.

04-11-19 09:44PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

Who do s the ice maker for this event?

04-12-19 08:29AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Just wanted to post about how classy the curlers are at this event. Signing autographs, petitions and mingling with the fans.

Hubby came home all happy last night with an autographed ball cap from Team McEwen/Carruthers. he was there getting a petition signed to build more ice in Toronto and he said the team was very supportive and even signed the petition.

04-12-19 09:45PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Sportsnet now??????

WTF? The last 2 nights the evening draw is unavailable on Sportsnet. You OWN the slams. Show them on TV. YES i realize it's hockey playoffs but surely to God one of their 6 channels they can cover the curling. Or even let the wcf youtube channel cover it. I don't get it.

04-12-19 10:05PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

Re: Sportsnet now??????

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
WTF? The last 2 nights the evening draw is unavailable on Sportsnet. You OWN the slams. Show them on TV. YES i realize it's hockey playoffs but surely to God one of their 6 channels they can cover the curling. Or even let the wcf youtube channel cover it. I don't get it.

and it shows tomorrow afternoon games on Sportsnet Now also, although CBC usually covers Sat. games, haven't checked yet.

Don't forget, two channels showing baseball!

04-12-19 10:08PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

womens on CBC, Sat.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/...rling/broadcast

Mens in the afternoon is Sportsnet Now, f**k

04-12-19 11:34PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by CURLER1
womens on CBC, Sat.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/...rling/broadcast

Mens in the afternoon is Sportsnet Now, f**k

I'm a cogeco subscriber. My grid shows Womens Quarters at 12:00 noon EST on Sportsnet One. The mens Quarters at 4:00 pm on Sportsnet 360. The mens and womens Semi's at 8:00 pm EST on Sportsnet 360. Saturday. Hope this helps out. I also hope none of this is in error as I've tivo'd all three games.

Also on Sunday the Mens final at 12:00 noon and the Womens final at 4:00 pm EST are both on Sportsnet 360.

04-13-19 07:13AM
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by albetts

I'm a cogeco subscriber. My grid shows Womens Quarters at 12:00 noon EST on Sportsnet One. The mens Quarters at 4:00 pm on Sportsnet 360. The mens and womens Semi's at 8:00 pm EST on Sportsnet 360. Saturday. Hope this helps out. I also hope none of this is in error as I've tivo'd all three games.

Also on Sunday the Mens final at 12:00 noon and the Womens final at 4:00 pm EST are both on Sportsnet 360.

hope yours is right - this is the Grand Slam home page schedule.

http://www.thegrandslamofcurling.co...mpionship-2019/

04-13-19 08:07AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Re: Sportsnet now??????

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

I agree I was very disappointed not to see it broadcast on one of the numerous channels. No I don’t want to watch it on my iPad.

04-13-19 12:50PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by CURLER1

hope yours is right - this is the Grand Slam home page schedule.

http://www.thegrandslamofcurling.co...mpionship-2019/

Thanks, that's where I got it.

04-13-19 03:39PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

sportsnet 360 is showing blue jays. No curling.

04-13-19 04:36PM
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by decade
sportsnet 360 is showing blue jays. No curling.

I've surfed every sportsnet station I get and NOTHING. i'M SO PISSED.

04-13-19 08:42PM
curlinggrandma is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlinggrandma Find more posts by curlinggrandma Add curlinggrandma to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlinggrandma
Harvey Hacksmasher

I set my VCR to record the men's quarter finals at 4:00 on Saturday afternoon. Was babysitting the grandkids all day, and really looking forward to "kicking back" with a beverage and watching this afternoon's games, once they went home. Much to my dismay, when I set up the TV, I was watching the Blue Jays!!! Even my VCR list, said the men's quarterfinals of the Grand Slam. Pissed!!!
What happened to Edin, Howard, and Jacobs? How did Paterson get into the semi-finals? Wish I could have watched it!!!

04-13-19 09:59PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Thursday night draw, no tv

Friday night draw, no tv

MENS QUARTER FINALS, no tv

Sportsnet care factor = 0

Funny tonight's draw is able to be squeeeeeezed into one of their 6 channels with all the hockey on tv but the other 3 draws could not? Do you really need the same hockey game on 5 of your channels and CBC?

04-14-19 08:59AM
albetts
Super Rockchucker

GSOC

I've just sent an e mail. If you're interested here's the address I sent it to. Only contact info I could find.

To Contact Sportsnet Television

Mailing Address:
Sportsnet
One Mount Pleasant Rd.
Toronto, ON
Canada
M4Y 3A1

Phone
1-888-451-6363

For programming inquiries and feedback, please contact: feedback@sportsnet.rogers.com.

04-14-19 11:16AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

I find it not to be such a big deal. Maybe if it was at the beginning of the season and I needed my curling itch scratched it would bother me. We have just had over 2 weeks of world curling coverage on the superior sports channel. Missing a couple draws in a gs event is not the end of the world. Especially with playoffs, blue jays and the masters on.

04-14-19 06:37PM
Western Newbie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Western Newbie Click here to Send Western Newbie a Private Message Find more posts by Western Newbie Add Western Newbie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Western Newbie
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Watched the Kerri vs. Carey game this morning . . .

WOW - had no idea how many unforced errors Ms. Einarson makes in an average game . . . and tons of half-shots. . . .

Didn't look like Einarson & Val Sweeting were getting on that well - but the announcers sure reinforced how powerful a front end Sweeting & Kerri E. have in Birchard & Meilleur.

What a waste if they have to keep beating their heads against a sheet of ice next year - fronting for Einarson.

Now I kinda understand why Kaatz, Fyfe & McCuish sought out a professionally competent skip to steer the ship. EInarson is not that person.

However, may be too late in the day (mid April) for the team to disband.

Still a good chance they'll be the #1 or #2 seed in Manitoba (even with Jones losing her STOH auto-berth)

Right now I'd have to rate Tiny Tracy Fleury as the best shooting skip in Manitoba but when you pit Fleury up against monsters like Homan, Chelsea, McCarville, Scheidegger - NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Top 3 Manitoba teams all have fatal flaws:

1. Jones is no longer a high percentage shooter as her slide coordination has slightly disassembled - - - - she knows where to put ever rock but small misses always seem to conspire against JJ - and she's too easily smothered by the better teams (ie. Tirinzoni/Paetz, Scheidegger, Homan, Hasselborg)

2. Fleury - the most conservative and the most consistent of the manitoba teams. Really plucky skip in Fleury but she doesn't have the resolve Michelle Englot had. No great mood swings but things get out of hand too easily for this team.

3. Einarson - wildly inconsistent skip now known for too much quieteness and indifference to winning. Fatal subtraction. Perhaps they should try Val at skip with Kerri as the big-hitting 3rd, Kerri's small nuance and draw game is not up to championship snuff. Was it ever? Thankfully she's got another year of service from this great front end of Meilleur and Birchard. Too late in the year to latch onto other teams - let alone any of the super-competitive teams!

congratulations Team Einerson. Even Kevin Martin had a giggle to his voice when he said this game is fun.

A well played well earned win.

04-14-19 08:15PM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

Impressive game for Einarson and even better with the win. I was not one to let a couple of losses in big games (provincial final and Scotties wild card game) effect my view of the team. No reason to panic with switching positions or the funny "maybe they should break up" views. I know they have one more event this year but this win should make their off season enjoyable.
We need the Canadian women to step up their game for next season as Hasselborg and maybe even Tirizoni are definitely ahead of us now.

04-14-19 09:04PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by prairie guy
Impressive game for Einarson and even better with the win. I was not one to let a couple of losses in big games (provincial final and Scotties wild card game) effect my view of the team. No reason to panic with switching positions or the funny "maybe they should break up" views. I know they have one more event this year but this win should make their off season enjoyable.
We need the Canadian women to step up their game for next season as Hasselborg and maybe even Tirizoni are definitely ahead of us now.

Agreed. Every team goes through rough patches where the results aren't coming up. Team Gushue hasn't been picking up event win after event win and yet they haven't got the "they're toes breaking up" rumour mill garbage.

04-15-19 08:12AM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Never been more proud to praise a curler (and team) I had previously criticized.

Val Sweeting (aka Valberta) delivered one of the great games in women's curling this afternoon. Not only some great shots as she went toe to toe with one of the superstar 3rds in Sara McManus but she finally took control of the team and asserted herself like I've never seen before. Perhaps playing a monster like Hasselborg brings out your Sunday best - but it sure would be terrible if they broke up now - after fizzling towards the middle and end of the season and often appearing aimless.

The front end is certified brilliant.

It appears Val has finally found her sea legs as a pro quality 3rd - she realized Kerri didn't have a ton of leadership skills so she finally took over the tee - and I think Birchard & Meilleur really respect her.

If they can get Kerri going (basically like she played today) they could torment any of the better Canadian teams next season - ie. Homan, Scheidegger, Carey, Fleury, McCarville, Silvernagle, etc.

Hasselborg is an amazing curler and her team is super consistent. Unbelievable she was edge out by Savalina at the worlds and now Einarson for the Player's title.

I do think Wayne Middaugh is scratching his brow - wondering how his Swedish Supergirls managed to lose the worlds & today's big tourney - especially after running amok (unbeaten) in the round-robin and playoffs!

Personally I think losing the Manitoba Final then the wild card spot was the best thing that could have happened to that team. Looks like they had a renaissance and have come back better than ever. Watching them play yesterday, they looked confident especially Val and Kerri seemed much more open to discussion.

Hassleborg while having a good season has now lost two finals under Coach Middaugh...