Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > 2017 Scotties Tournament of Hearts

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 6 of 12 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-23-17 04:21PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by BMalc

The problem I see is they had it fixed last night. If it ran all night, why is the frost so bad today. With ac and dehumid going, I would think the humidity would come down.

TSN mentioned something about the ventilation system not working the way they expected overnight. It was pumping the inside air out, but bringing humid outside air back in. So the staff arrived this morning to a problem. From my armchair, they're making the best of it, and the ice conditions really aren't that terrible when you consider what it's like in other countries or what we club curlers deal with.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-23-17 05:06PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
I read in the daily newsletter that the dehumidifier broke down yesterday leaving the ice rather tricky...would they not have a back up?

These arena dehumidifiers are huge and there would be no backup. But why would someone from the ice crew(ie Merk) not camp out in the arena overnight, monitoring humidity levels,
We needed to rent a small dh for our club and it was not cheap,

02-23-17 05:15PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by decade

why would someone from the ice crew(ie Merk) not camp out in the arena overnight,

I confess I wondered that as well. Perhaps someone did stay overnight, but the way TSN described it, it sounded like everyone left (quite late albeit) and came back in the morning.

02-23-17 07:57PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Wow. What an opening for Manitoba.

02-23-17 08:06PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Last edited by Ajay on 02-23-17 at 08:08PM

02-23-17 08:54PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

while i do feel bad for heather on the loss to the northwest territories i also cant help but wonder what in the hell she was thinking cluttering things up in the 10th

02-23-17 10:16PM
Ajay
Drawmaster

Since the Sask team had limited success this week, we will share our SaskMan team with the greens. Very proud of the Englot team..

02-23-17 10:21PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

Team Manitoba

Way to go girls - the whole team was great!

02-24-17 12:40AM
jamcan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jamcan Click here to Send jamcan a Private Message Find more posts by jamcan Add jamcan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jamcan
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Lots of folks shocked and stunned that Englot whupped the mean girls tonite! In order of visibly shocked:

1. Russ & Cheryl
2. Team Englot
3. Team Homan
4. Rockin' Ronny Westcott
5. The Fans

For her amazing 1st place performance - 29 years after she last did it - Michelle Englot gets another dose of Rachel Homan.

Thought Team Manitoba were almost terrified after that 4-bomb in the 1st. They had to brace themselves for the possible nuclear reaction. Did a great job suppressing Homan.

I also nominate Michelle Englot as 'Comeback Player of the 21st Century'. Job well done Michelle!!!

Most shocked was you Resby.

Good to see the team that thumped your obsession continue with their great play. Must suck for you that you cant call whuppin Jones a fluke.

They didnt look terrified at all after scoring 4. In fact, they extended their lead and then went into cruise control to put the game away in 9.

Of course its pretty amazing that you, a so-called Buffalo supporter,only posts negative comments about your home province team instead of supporting them. But its no shocker since your poster gurl isnt wearing the bison.

Of course now you'll probably jump on the bandwagon. Just in case Homan folds her tent.

Why dont you do everyone a favor and park, once and for all, your horrible prose and misogynistic hyperbole.

Last edited by jamcan on 02-24-17 at 12:51AM

02-24-17 07:11AM
dugless_zone 13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dugless_zone 13 Click here to Send dugless_zone 13 a Private Message Find more posts by dugless_zone 13 Add dugless_zone 13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

I have to agree with Jam, every prediction, even in game prediction was completely wrong from our master of prognostication.

02-24-17 09:58AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Thought the young rash overconfident Homan had been tamed but that person played last night and it cost her, The tricky dickey shot instead of a draw for one to get within 2? She still have a lot of learning to do, Great on Michelle!

02-24-17 10:10AM
TNH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TNH Click here to Send TNH a Private Message Find more posts by TNH Add TNH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TNH
Hitting Paint

I was thinking just the opposite Decade. Everyone is struggling with draws and finesse shots on this ice to the point where it looks like Homan's runbacks and in-offs are higher percentage shots than a draw to the four. It feels like Rachel is working hard to be a more "complete" shooter with draws, but with these stakes if there is any choice at all she should be hitting (imho).

02-24-17 10:21AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Ice-makers, no matter how wrong they were about being able to control ice conditions in St. Caths aren't inhuman - they deserve proper rest in order to be at their best the next day.

Thinking back to the Paisley fiasco - swimming pool in same complex as ice arena - and well, can you say humidity? Horrible ice conditions for World Womens - '05 ish?? Jones was there. This is no fiasco compared to that. But the teams that can deal with ice have come through.

Looks like Krista has no intention of letting Eve in the back door.

02-24-17 10:47AM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

quote:
When you give a CZ account to sick twerps like jamcan you end up with an occasional poster who only piggyback posts in attempts to humiliate others. Get some help son, you got major problems. I'll stick to watching and commenting on curling - w/ mostly correct predictions. You and your ankle-nipper guido sarducci can keep posting hate - until Gerry pulls your cards.

You bring this upon yourself.

02-24-17 10:48AM
GreatCanadian is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GreatCanadian Click here to Send GreatCanadian a Private Message Find more posts by GreatCanadian Add GreatCanadian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GreatCanadian
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by jamcan

Good to see the team that thumped your obsession continue with their great play. Must suck for you that you cant call whuppin Jones a fluke.

They didnt look terrified at all after scoring 4. In fact, they extended their lead and then went into cruise control to put the game away in 9.

Of course its pretty amazing that you, a so-called Buffalo supporter,only posts negative comments about your home province team instead of supporting them. But its no shocker since your poster gurl isnt wearing the bison.

Of course now you'll probably jump on the bandwagon. Just in case Homan folds her tent.

Why dont you do everyone a favor and park, once and for all, your horrible prose and misogynistic hyperbole.

Oooohhhh....love this. I don't read ML's posts EVER! But according to this response his posts are the same crap as ever.

Michelle Englot has been around a long time and certainly knows how to play the game. Her strategy has impressed me in comparison to others. She was down 6-2 at the break in a game earlier the week. She scored 2 in 6th, stole 1 in the 7th , stole 1 in the 8th, forced 1 in 9, and scored 2 with hammer in 10. Perfectly executed change of strategy and comeback when down by 4. Can she beat Homan 2 more times if necessary? It's a tough order, but she could possibly get into Homan's head if she can beat her in the 1-2 game. I still pick Homan to win it all, but Englot would make a nice story. Quebec would have made a nice story as well if they had to make it through to playoffs (doesn't look like they will).

Enjoy, should be a great weekend!

GC

02-24-17 11:10AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by GreatCanadian
Can she beat Homan 2 more times if necessary? It's a tough order, but she could possibly get into Homan's head if she can beat her in the 1-2 game. GC

I heard Michelle say this was a stepping stone to the Olympic Trials for her. So, pressure is not on. Can she beat Homan twice more? Maybe MaybeNot. But.. she will definitely get into Homan's head, which is improving, but can still scramble. BTW @Decade - I do agree that Homan hitting on touchy draw-ice was the better call.

02-24-17 11:29AM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

quote:
When you give a CZ account to sick twerps like jamcan you end up with an occasional poster who only piggyback posts in attempts to humiliate others. Get some help son, you got major problems. I'll stick to watching and commenting on curling - w/ mostly correct predictions. You and your ankle-nipper guido sarducci can keep posting hate - until Gerry pulls your cards.

Never admit your problems to anybody... especially the CZ

Forum. Why?

Because 20% don't care and the other 80% are actually glad

you have this problem!

02-24-17 11:35AM
Ajay
Drawmaster

"Can Michelle beat her twice, tough order." She really only needs to beat her one more time for all the marbles, with the right sequence of wins.

02-24-17 12:02PM
GreatCanadian is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GreatCanadian Click here to Send GreatCanadian a Private Message Find more posts by GreatCanadian Add GreatCanadian to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GreatCanadian
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
"Can Michelle beat her twice, tough order." She really only needs to beat her one more time for all the marbles, with the right sequence of wins.

Yes, I realize that. But in my opinion, if homan beats her in the 1-2 game, I think it's game over for Englot. But if Englot can win the 1-2, then I believe it'll play on Homan's mind, and Englot will have a real shot at beating her if Homan claws her way back to the final. Geez, I'm starting to sound like ML here. What do I know. perhaps Carey wins it all.

GC

02-24-17 12:06PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

Can't understand why M.L. would state Russ and Cheryl were
visibly shocked. Did anybody else see either one come on TV
after the last rock was thrown, and did either look VISIBLY
shocked to you?

I saw only the normal reactionary excitement of winning on
the faces of Englot's team and their coach. Did anybody
seem to be VISIBLY shocked to you?

And I saw only the normal response of losing a game on the
faces of Team Homan. Disappointment, of course, but hardly shock. As a matter of fact, they all seemed to take the
loss in stride. We lost 1 game, so what?

The fans - while most were probably very surprised, some were
happy, more were disappointed. But VISIBLY shocked - I didn't
see it.

M.L's blurb seemed to me to be just another example of his
over-active imagination. For example, do you remember his
strange prediction of Vegas betting odd if his idol, his
heroine were in this competition? At best, Hogwash.

02-24-17 12:19PM
GreatCanadian
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Deliverer
Can't understand why M.L. would state Russ and Cheryl were
visibly shocked. Did anybody else see either one come on TV
after the last rock was thrown, and did either look VISIBLY
shocked to you?

I saw only the normal reactionary excitement of winning on
the faces of Englot's team and their coach. Did anybody
seem to be VISIBLY shocked to you?

And I saw only the normal response of losing a game on the
faces of Team Homan. Disappointment, of course, but hardly shock. As a matter of fact, they all seemed to take the
loss in stride. We lost 1 game, so what?

The fans - while most were probably very surprised, some were
happy, more were disappointed. But VISIBLY shocked - I didn't
see it.

M.L's blurb seemed to me to be just another example of his
over-active imagination. For example, do you remember his
strange prediction of Vegas betting odd if his idol, his
heroine were in this competition? At best, Hogwash.

You're joking!! Did he really say that? (I don't read his posts). What a pile of garbage. Englot looked happy, Homan looked "oh well". There were some looks of surprise when Englot picked the frozen rock, and rightly so!! That was not an easy shot!!

Anyway, the new season begins tonight with the 1-2 game. Enjoy!!

GC

02-24-17 12:28PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

If Team Homan was going to lose, that was the game to do it. They were outcurled by MB but could regroup.

Team Englot will go into tonight's game on a high...look's like all they needed was a new skip to get to the Scotties. Can't believe Kirsty MacDonald never got out of MB with these gals.

02-24-17 04:51PM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
Can't believe Kirsty MacDonald never got out of MB with these gals.
Englot's front end (Wilson-Westcott/Westcott) have been a duo, for quite a while and were never "with" Carey. They were with Thurston, Overton-Clapham, and then MacDonald - as recent history (5 years) shows. But the MacDonald/Carey partnership could have spilled over and bringing Englot on board has erased the "history" and brought cohesiveness. Fresh look at talented athletes. Good result, anyway.

02-24-17 06:40PM
Netz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Netz Click here to Send Netz a Private Message Find more posts by Netz Add Netz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Netz
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by jamcan

Am I to take from this that ML is Resby Coutts or is that a know fact ?

02-24-17 07:12PM
Gerry is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:
Originally posted by Netz

Am I to take from this that ML is Resby Coutts or is that a know fact ?

Manitoba Legend is not Resby Coutts. I can 100% confirm that.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!