Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > 2015 Ford World Men's Curling Championship

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 13 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-29-15 10:00AM
greenroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greenroad Click here to Send greenroad a Private Message Find more posts by greenroad Add greenroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greenroad
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
Is there a site with scoring and player stats?

Damned shame about curling. But too many people are only entertained when people are being hit or, better still, punched. But at its best it is as thrilling as it gets. Think the women's final in Sapporo. At its worst - well, no worse than a 50-0 football game.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-29-15 10:55AM
Grat is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grat Click here to Send Grat a Private Message Find more posts by Grat Add Grat to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grat
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Stoner

I know that TSN will only show Canada games, but that needs to change.

As for WCTV, there really is no excuse for not showing a game in draw 1, I mean it's the 1st draw after all, they aren't showing draw 3 either, but I think that's because it's a 2 game one, which is normal I suppose, they are showing the rest of the event however and 2 games in draw 2.

I don't know how much we can hammer WCTV. My assumption is that WCTV only works off video feed provided by another broadcaster and provides commentary. China and Canada appear to be the only countries televising, and WCTV doesn't have the budget to produce other games, or the power to force the broadcasters to pick up games they don't want to cover. So any draws that don't have a China or Canada game leave us without anything to watch. Except that someone decided Norway-Sweden was worth covering.

03-29-15 11:13AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

So italy beats sweden and goes to 2-0. great start for them, will be interesting to see if they can maintain it.

sweden looks off so far. not themselves. will need to pick it up soon though. they just took a loss no one thought they would have and they play canada tonight. they very easily could be 0-2 right now.

switzerland lose to russia. the skip got no help at all in that game , it wasnt until the 9th end when his team started making shots. a young team that i think is there for the experience more than anything. we will see what they can do against the US but how they fair there may be telling of what they can do here. 5-6 or 4-7 is my prediction right now.

03-29-15 11:22AM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

Wow, what a shocking draw that was, Italy just gave Sweden an 11-5 beating and Russia upset the Swiss 5-3, what other surprises will today have in store.

Previewing draw 4: Finland will probably win over Scotland, Canada really should beat China, Norway over the US and Japan over the Czech's.

Sweden really have to start playing better, otherwise they could be in danger of not making playoffs, giving up 6 to Italy is one of the worst things they have done.

Last edited by Stoner on 03-29-15 at 11:43AM

03-29-15 11:57AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
1 or 6 in last couple of ends doesnt matter-- it was 5-5 after 8 and italy had last rock

go big or go home

if anything italy looked silly having that many rocks in play - exactly what sweden wanted ...

if it was the 10th end and they were tied yes. but italy wanted to try and put the game away in 9 and you cant fault them for that. not everyone wants to try and blank 9 and have hammer in 10

03-29-15 12:00PM
murphyj87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for murphyj87 Click here to Send murphyj87 a Private Message Visit murphyj87's homepage! Find more posts by murphyj87 Add murphyj87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
murphyj87
Swing Artist

quote:
Previewing draw 3: Sweden to defeat Italy and The Swiss over Russia.

Italy 11 Sweden 5

Russia 5 Switzerland 5

03-29-15 12:01PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
So italy beats sweden and goes to 2-0. great start for them, will be interesting to see if they can maintain it.

sweden looks off so far. not themselves. will need to pick it up soon though. they just took a loss no one thought they would have and they play canada tonight. they very easily could be 0-2 right now.

switzerland lose to russia. the skip got no help at all in that game , it wasnt until the 9th end when his team started making shots. a young team that i think is there for the experience more than anything. we will see what they can do against the US but how they fair there may be telling of what they can do here. 5-6 or 4-7 is my prediction right now.

surprise to many Misty1 seeing Amos skipping his country to a victory over much higher favored Sweden's Niklas Edin, but it is early in the world's upsets will occur, don't think any team will be taken 'lightly" in view of them American's showing they can score and put points on the board

03-29-15 12:01PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

surprise to many Misty1 seeing Amos skipping his country to a victory over much higher favored Sweden's Niklas Edin, but it is early in the world's upsets will occur, don't think any team will be taken 'lightly" in view of them American's showing they can score and put points on the board

03-29-15 12:25PM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by murphyj87

Italy 11 Sweden 5

Russia 5 Switzerland 5

Tell me something I don't know.

03-29-15 12:30PM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

wow your a man (M.L.)of few words ?

whatever if you think " Doc" Simmons put Schuster & company to sleep ? thought he was a "chiropractor by profession, NOT a veterinarian anyhow by Wednesday evening we should know better the 'separation" who''s making it and who might be in the "D" event (drinking)

03-29-15 12:57PM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

Italian skip name sounded familiar. Joel Retornaz, one of the few teams at the Turin Olympics to win a game against Gushue/Team Canada.

03-29-15 01:01PM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

[QUOTE]Originally posted by johnnysmoke
Italian skip name sounded familiar. Joel Retornaz, one of the few teams at the Turin Olympics to win a game against Gushue/Team Canada. [/QUOTE good you must of dug into the archives to find out this information?

03-29-15 01:51PM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

quote:
good you must of dug into the archives to find out this information?
Nope, but I remember the Italian team was over the moon with this moral victory....host team beats favorites and eventual Gold medal winner Canada. Quick wiki search confirms it's the same guy. His nickname should be "Lo Spoiler".

03-29-15 01:54PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by fresca

i can fault anyone i care to .. dumb curling when you give the other team an advantage .. have you every curled in competitive curling

its only dumb if you make mistakes. obviously italy made their shots

it could have worked out terrible but i like that italy decided to try and get points to win instead of waiting until 10

and no i havent but i dont see how that means anything. its common for teams to try and blank 9 and get hammer in 10 but italy wanted to try and get points . even if they were forced to 1 i cant fault them for trying

Last edited by misty1 on 03-29-15 at 01:57PM

03-29-15 04:52PM
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

wow , after this last draw I never picked

Scotland to be at the bottom of standings with a zero and three winning record and mind you it has been only 4 games played , What backroom talk DO YOU THINK is taking place in their camp after this extra end loss to Finns ? Heck if Murdoch can't do it coming in late in game , might have to rally and fly in Mr.Brewster aye

03-29-15 04:59PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

This has probably been asked before, but what's the story with JohnnyMo's green shoes? Are they homemade, or is this actually a product line? It looks like he just glued a slider to the bottom of some trainers.

03-29-15 05:03PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

Re: wow , after this last draw I never picked

quote:
Originally posted by sternwheeler
Scotland to be at the bottom of standings with a zero and three winning record and mind you it has been only 4 games played , What backroom talk DO YOU THINK is taking place in their camp after this extra end loss to Finns ? Heck if Murdoch can't do it coming in late in game , might have to rally and fly in Mr.Brewster aye

Scotland's last rock in 11 was a terrible call IMO. The shot they left Finland was (for this level of play) a fairly high % shot. If they had drawn in just biting top 4, I think all Finland would have had left was a very difficult angle double.

03-29-15 05:11PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

So Finland managed to overcome Murdoch 10-7 in an extra to send the Scot's spiralling at 0-3. Canada expectedly took care of China 7-4. Norway surprisingly lost in an extra to the US 10-7. The Czech's get a nice win over Japan 8-6.

The US will probably take care of the Swiss, unless Michel gets involved. Norway will not fall to Russia. Canada will take out the reeling Swedes. Even though Italy have a win over Sweden, I still think it will be China here.

03-29-15 05:12PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Re: Re: wow , after this last draw I never picked

quote:
Originally posted by nelsosi

Scotland's last rock in 11 was a terrible call IMO. The shot they left Finland was (for this level of play) a fairly high % shot. If they had drawn in just biting top 4, I think all Finland would have had left was a very difficult angle double.

Nah, Finland's last shot was pretty tough.

03-29-15 05:27PM
nelsosi
Swing Artist

They had a decent margin of error, since they could have tapped it back onto either their own rock or the Scotland rock and scored 1

03-29-15 05:44PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Re: Re: Re: wow , after this last draw I never picked

quote:

Nah, Finland's last shot was pretty tough.

The angle raise is in all of their arsenals Not tough at all.
Problem with Scot - too many skips. Sticking Murdoch in as Vice was not the best move. Time to replace McDonald.

03-29-15 08:52PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

sweden has been the better team since about the 3rd or 4th end on. frankly canada is lucky they are even tied. if not for a hail marry by pat in the 6th they'd be behind

03-29-15 09:26PM
Claire Marie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Claire Marie Click here to Send Claire Marie a Private Message Find more posts by Claire Marie Add Claire Marie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Claire Marie
Harvey Hacksmasher

Great final end....for Canada....good on them!!! FTW.

03-29-15 10:10PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

yeah, oskar really screwed sweden out of any chance in that 10th end. its a shame because sweden really did out play canada for most of that game.2 bad ends cost them though

03-29-15 10:26PM
freezetothehack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for freezetothehack Click here to Send freezetothehack a Private Message Find more posts by freezetothehack Add freezetothehack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
freezetothehack
Hitting Paint

Scotlad

It's only Sunday and Murdock is off the bench!

Skipping by Tuesday with his new team!

I watched the Finish game live.

In the fourth end and beyond there was questions of ice and weight. Indecision by MacDonald, ....struggling, Now just to push him aside and it could be Murdock's new team.

Poison.