Like CurlingZone on Facebook

Welcome to CurlingZone, Guest!   Register Now!    
Already a member?   Login:              Forgot Password?
ProCurlingWear - Create Your Design
Travel Annex: Where Go, Stay and Eat!
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Pages (5): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Haven't seen Jenzilla go down in flames like that (to Scheidegger) in a long time.

She was clearly infected by doubt and poor aim - other than that - helluva game JJ.

Scheidegger and her 3rd C.A. McTaggart totally dominated Jennifer & Lawes!

As Joan McCusker said - when's the last time you saw Jennifer Jones whiff 5 out of her last 6 shots?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-07-17 08:42PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

well tsn paid turnbull $200k

cbc pays cherry $800k and mclean $500k

3 x $150k. plus hotels air fares expenses is prob $600,000 plus

sometimes i try and be slightly controversial. to get a response - that doesnt happen much !! i commentator would be tough ...

i like the idea of paying $200 a year for a curl channel way better

keep in mind that none of the players get paid like all other sports

even golf you get $50,000 for coming in 35th

10 teams get a commission a couple of times a year

govt gives two teams $100,000 a year. grossly unfair and we still only beat poland abt half the time ...

ALL the events have 200 -1000 volunteers for last 100 years - they dissappear so does curling

its hard to curl 4 minutes ( thats what teams often have left for 8th - 2 min ) and then sit for 6 - 11 minutes between ends ... tend to lose momentum

Last edited by fresca on 01-07-17 at 09:33PM

Old Post 01-07-17 08:45PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Par89
Hitting Paint

Right Fresca .. DOn't respond to your 50% comment

Old Post 01-07-17 08:59PM
Par89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Par89 Find more posts by Par89 Add Par89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

i saw more misses than made shots

and i dont give points for shots that add nil value or create a hazard

jj was 0% in the last end. the last tick and roll was not heavy enough for the double if the rock had curled another inch - would still have been open hit for the win

for two hours the high light shots were made up of someone drawing against 5 yellow ...

a hit and roll out you get 0 points - same with draws that dont guard the shot

even with easy scoring only trinzoni curled well. 90% and sweting 78 % the other skips were 70% with getting sympathy points

i score hasselborg 0 for her last in first tonight - shot was useless

esdin just tried to draw pot and went to backline 0 pts

cotters last to pot ok

edin last in first is tough 0 pts- but he called end such that he had no shot - deduct 2%.

Last edited by fresca on 01-07-17 at 09:36PM

Old Post 01-07-17 09:22PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

if your not allowed to break a broom - why are you allowed to speak a foriegn language during a game if you are fluent in english ? take their mikes away and charge income tax on earnings ...

Old Post 01-07-17 09:49PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

cotter throws perfect last brick which would guaranttee steal. - morris calls swwep and sets up double for deuce for edin - then morris lectures sweepers

he is a work of art

if you call an so bad you have no last shot then you should lose the hammer

Old Post 01-07-17 10:05PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

cotter takes 3 on edin - had 4 but morris calls sweep and it rolls out

Old Post 01-07-17 10:18PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
cotter throws perfect last brick which would guaranttee steal. - morris calls swwep and sets up double for deuce for edin - then morris lectures sweepers

he is a work of art

if you call an so bad you have no last shot then you should lose the hammer

Charles Dickens (who prolly played in Granite 'C' Group with you, Pappy Wood & Gordy Lowry) might have called him "The Artful Dodger"......

Signed,

WE THE CODGERS

Old Post 01-07-17 10:21PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Unreal

What I'm seeing win the men's games right now.

Cotter has literally given Erin 4 points in this games. Why on earth, in the 6th would you try that double when all you really have no need to. Cotter has been the better team here but is behind because of 2 bad misses you Jim

And Jacobs..Just burned all this ends away blanking and now he is down 3-0 with two ends to go. Now, in that situation I'd regret throwing all those Ends away

Jacobs is the real wok of art

Old Post 01-07-17 10:54PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

cotter plays rattle on first in 7th

shud have played triple takeout. on front yellow at 11:30

leaves cotter with no shot. kinda dumb

kevin knows more than he says - i could hear his head shaking the last two ends

Last edited by fresca on 01-07-17 at 11:51PM

Old Post 01-07-17 11:11PM
guido
Drawmaster

quote:

Too much Morris on that team. He should just shut up.

Old Post 01-08-17 12:53AM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Click here to Send guido a Private Message Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Hitting Paint

Morris wasn't any help last few ends. He is not making good calls at crunch time although maybe he is great earlier and at reading ice.

Old Post 01-08-17 02:03AM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Miz5508
Harvey Hacksmasher

How did McCormick snag his spot? He seemed out of place in this field.

Old Post 01-08-17 02:09AM
Miz5508 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Miz5508 Click here to Send Miz5508 a Private Message Find more posts by Miz5508 Add Miz5508 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Kevin Martin musta had some great internal laughs.

First, at his old mate Johnny Mo out-thinking himself, gasping for air, going Russ Howard hoarse, self-destructing a nice team. (Sound familiar?)

Next - Goo dissecting Bad Brad Jacobs!

Martin musta gone back in his time machine - thinking how much he coulda caused Jacobs & his mates to self-destruct by just peppering a bit of that old "K-Mart Side-Talk" - tiny verbal snippets designed to be over-heard by opponent - cause fear, doubt and loss of control!

Martin would have infested a mind like Jacobs in no time!

Too bad he's sitting between Husky Harris & Joanie Babbles

Old Post 01-08-17 03:55AM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

walstad beats ulsrud across the pond - new blood there too

Old Post 01-08-17 11:25AM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Edin looked like he was restraining himself from laughing out loud. Maybe Cotter needs to rethink his team line up, Morris seems to panic when faced with a good team.

Old Post 01-08-17 11:26AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

I'm Impressed

Must say how impressed I am with Casey Schiedegger & her team. They've really come upon women's curling like a storm this year.

I think a ton of folks thought this year was gonna be Val Sweeting's year. Not just Alberta - but a first Canadian championship for the Valberta girls! Now, not so sure!

Schiedegger has really good demeanour - she's not total fun and rabbit ears like Ali Flaxey - good combination of earnestness and mostly calm under enemy fire. She got off a bit lucky when Jones collapsed under pressure but it was mostly caused by Casey and her 3rd putting Jones & Lawes under pressure - tormenting them to no end down the stretch. Then they laid waste to Val - of course Val curling 45% didn't help - but Casey was vastly superior anyways.

Now, everyone has seen over the last 3 to 5 years that Jones, while a solid and well-prepared team can unravel in just a couple shots - and go completely out of sorts. We know Rachel is a hitting machine but her soft-touch experiment has somehow gone awry.

Two big opportunities in Ontario and Alberta - as both Val and Rachel appear vulnerable. Almost as many competitive teams in Ontario as in Alberta to run both our super-girls off the rails. Schiedgegger appears the new looming monster in the west - Harrison, Flaxey, Julie, Middaugh, etc. appear to be at least semi-competitive with a wounded Homan squad.

In Manitoba Jones is still the queen. Undisputed. Kerri Einarson has done some nice things but she still brings an under-armed 3rd into the provincials (72 to 78% curler) and the front end can't compare to Jones front ladies. However, if Jones goes into "Out of Sorts" mode I think she could be upended by not only Einarson - but a couple other good teams.

Stef Lawton in Sask'n must be bolstered by all the change. She's been receding in recent years but with the possibility of NO HOMAN, NO JONES, NO SWEETING this might be her year! Still has to overcome playoff jitters - that's her bugaboo but she might be facing teams with similar jitters so it might even out. Don't see anyone in Sask'n coming up like the new teams on the scene from Alberta, Ontario and Manitoba.

btw - Schiedegger will get a true test this afternoon vs. Silvana T. - who is undoubtedly the top team here this week. If Casey can handle Silvana she'll be super buoyed for her Alberta provincials. Even if she gets taken out by the Swiss - she'll still be going into Alberta very, very strong!

Old Post 01-08-17 11:41AM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

anyone know how to unblock a members posts ??

on the ipad i can zoom in and find the block , or go incognito , but on my reqular desktop i m like a chicken pecking along the black bar looking for the single post

if Brad doesnt tumble again he wins 6-4

i have a new app that blocks out non english

first end commercials only 3 minutes - only annoying one was sreaming fishwife by curl canada i m guessin

much improved from usual

Last edited by fresca on 01-08-17 at 12:30PM

Old Post 01-08-17 12:10PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

tv viewers and announcers have an advantage on players that we see the overhead. .. they can look up i guess but. the pool shot are quicker to determine with oh

edin makes big miss

brad open hit for four = game over

too much junk in play for early end

Old Post 01-08-17 12:42PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

brad getttin trapped in 3rd. i can hear edin smiling

a lucky runback will tie it up

Old Post 01-08-17 12:54PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

edin a bit inside on first and says first english word - the famous one

5 misses so far

id play wide outurn draw to 4 if i was either skip

edin makes nice shot for one - game saver

Last edited by fresca on 01-08-17 at 01:06PM

Old Post 01-08-17 01:02PM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

It has been a wild event! As usual - no video here - so thank's laddy fresca for the the colour. Also thanks CZ for the stats and shot descriptors.
BTW - very nice top 10 video - best shots of 2016. Enjoyed it.

Am a big CO fan still riding on redemption, or should I say revenge.. bwhahaha. Tho I like the young Albertans. Nice run there. For the men... was not a Gushue fan until MNichol took the helm. Now, I am glad to see them succeed, even with Brad's return. Call me fickle.

WooHOO. Prettyboy Brewster gets Perth. (old crush) Funniest curler. Stand-up potential - and not bad in the hack.

Last edited by nelski on 01-08-17 at 01:17PM

Old Post 01-08-17 01:10PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Click here to Send nelski a Private Message Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

nelski - too much time in artic cirlcle

there are serious cute guys and hunks like ml and me in winnipeg

aim higher !

Old Post 01-08-17 01:29PM
Ajay
Swing Artist

I like intermission conversation to be about the game being watched. CBC likes to talk about their other programming making it seem like curling is an inconvenience . Why are being accorded the odd game?

Old Post 01-08-17 01:41PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

5th end too many rocks in play when it 5-2

easy deuce or 3 looming for edin

edin team gases two - brad off the hook

edin tries double and only gets one

brad draws behindone of his own to lie 3

leaving edin a chap and lie to pot - another game saver

theycan show ten minutes of lugging and silly commercials at half time - our house will never watch it ot ultimate fighting or boxining. or their other sports

funny thing we could watch it on their other 5 channels as this one is on cbc lol

Last edited by fresca on 01-08-17 at 01:55PM

Old Post 01-08-17 01:45PM