Like CurlingZone on Facebook

Welcome to CurlingZone, Guest!   Register Now!    
Already a member?   Login:              Forgot Password?
ProCurlingWear - Look & Play Like a Pro
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Raytch seems to have corrected her woes - laying waste to a disinterested and disgruntled Russian operation - Raytch herself curling a perfect 100%.

Interesting to note Rachel and Sidorova have met 7 times - with Homan winning ALL OF THEM!

As Homan approaches 30 she is beginning to realize you don't have to go full throttle in every game - actually, its impossible.

Raytch has possible learned to "play the draw" and come out of the secondary sections (C in this case) and then ransack unsuspecting A-group qualifiers (ie. TIrinzoni & Valberta)

Frankly, whether Tz or Val are playing Rachel Homan with 1 loss or 2 - I think they know she's a curling machine w/ a very finely tuned team.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-06-17 11:20AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Raytch seems to have corrected her woes - laying waste to a disinterested and disgruntled Russian operation - Raytch herself curling a perfect 100%.

Interesting to note Rachel and Sidorova have met 7 times - with Homan winning ALL OF THEM!

As Homan approaches 30 she is beginning to realize you don't have to go full throttle in every game - actually, its impossible.

Raytch has possible learned to "play the draw" and come out of the secondary sections (C in this case) and then ransack unsuspecting A-group qualifiers (ie. TIrinzoni & Valberta)

Frankly, whether Tz or Val are playing Rachel Homan with 1 loss or 2 - I think they know she's a curling machine w/ a very finely tuned team.

I don't think Team Homan deliberately went to C...they got a bit complacent and/or had a bad game...looks like they regrouped unlike Team Carey!

Old Post 01-06-17 12:39PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Hope Roger Rabbit shows Homan vs. Meilleur or Hasselborg vs. Englost - the other 3 matches promise to be rather dreary affairs. I have a felling they'll bite on Ali Flaxey vs. Kel ROcque

Old Post 01-06-17 04:01PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

What a classless display by Hebert. All these new rules in curling are partly because of people like him, Now they will introduce a rule that you go brooml ess if you break any broom
not just the one you are using in the game, Glad they lost,

Old Post 01-06-17 09:49PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

he was playing 96% at the time

downer for you but a breath of fresh air for me watching the grass grow tonight .... the us v can jr hockey last night had more action in 30 seconds - every 30 seconds

show me a good loser and ill show you a loser

nice guys dont win ball games

yogi bear

Old Post 01-06-17 09:57PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlky
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by decade
What a classless display by Hebert. All these new rules in curling are partly because of people like him, Now they will introduce a rule that you go brooml ess if you break any broom
not just the one you are using in the game, Glad they lost,

For those of us not there or having streaming, care to elaborate on what happened?

Old Post 01-06-17 10:56PM
curlky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlky Click here to Send curlky a Private Message Find more posts by curlky Add curlky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by curlky

For those of us not there or having streaming, care to elaborate on what happened?

He was frustrated that team Koe were losing so he went and got a broom out of his bag and broke it. The commentators praised him and found it clever. Though I suspect tutor it were a lease known they wouldn't be so amused

Last edited by misty1 on 01-06-17 at 11:08PM

Old Post 01-06-17 11:05PM
misty1 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

He was frustrated that team Koe were losing so he went and got a broom out of his bag and broke it. The commentators praised him and found it clever. Though I suspect tutor it were a lease known they wouldn't be so amused

Old Post 01-06-17 11:07PM
misty1 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Saturday a.m. "C" Qualifiers

Surprised a bit Jacquie Harrison is not getting stomped by Homan. In fact, they're tied 3-3 w/ Harrison having last brick in 6. Still think Homan will pull it out - can't imagine her losing to Harrison twice in the same spiel. Note: Janet Murphy, the veteran 3rd for Harrison might be curling the game of her life - totally dominating Emma Miskew w/ a 96% game. Still think Raytch will find a way to rescue the game and proceed to playoffs.

Schiedigger & Rocque appear to be engaging in a true slobbernokker - Schiedegger made an amazing shot to advance last night vs. Kerri Einarson - so she's pretty hot; Rocque never seems to get great support from 3rd Laura Crocker.

Very surprised Tracy Fleury is destroying Michelle Englot. Englot's 3rd, Kate Cameron was curling around 23# early in the game - that's nearly impossible cuz most modern day scorers give you at least 1 out of 4 for merely attempting a shot.

Worst outcome for Val Sweeting is if Homan advances and somehow draws Sweeting in the QF. True test for the Big Valboskie though - even if Homan's team a bit out of sorts. They're still monsters.

Either Jones or Tirinzoni could also have the unenviable task of facing Homan. Tirinzoni (with Cathy O at vice) is undefeated while Jones took a loss before moving thru B section.

Old Post 01-07-17 10:28AM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

4 days of curling and the 16 womens team are down to 11

3 tiebreakers this morning - i always liked qualifying in my 3rd game on thursday and spending 3 days in the desert golfingy before flying back saturday to polish off two more games

Old Post 01-07-17 10:31AM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

P.S. Nice job by January Jones and the spiel organizers for sorting out the draw. Only way Jones gets to be confronted on-ice by her nemesis Cathy O - is if they both make their way to the event final.

Good stuff, JJ.

Old Post 01-07-17 10:32AM
prairie guy
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
4 days of curling and the 16 womens team are down to 11

3 tiebreakers this morning - i always liked qualifying in my 3rd game on thursday and spending 3 days in the desert golfingy before flying back saturday to polish off two more games

I think you may have forgotten that this was a triple knockout so the 3 games this morning were C qualifiers. Still was an early draw for the women and could mean 3 games today for some of them.....

Old Post 01-07-17 11:38AM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

The Homan team just gave the usual also rans in Ontario some hope for this years Scotties, And with Flaxey having a great year so far, the Ont Scotties should be verrrrry interesting,
Having that trial spot in her pocket seems to be affecting the curling or maybe it is that wonderful psychologist they have as their coach,

Old Post 01-07-17 11:58AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by decade
The Homan team just gave the usual also rans in Ontario some hope for this years Scotties, And with Flaxey having a great year so far, the Ont Scotties should be verrrrry interesting,
Having that trial spot in her pocket seems to be affecting the curling or maybe it is that wonderful psychologist they have as their coach,

i dont think rachel will be having an easy time of things getting out of ontario anymore. with the rise of flaxey and now jacqueline harrison she's got 2 strong teams to worry about. plus middaugh always seems to get up and play rachel tough . sherry isnt there yet but if she gets there thats 3 tough teams . i think ontario is more open than previous years.

actually this years' provincials are shaping up to be some of the most interesting and unpredictable yet. for the first time in a long time a lot of provinces are open. there are favorites but they arent head and shoulders favorites.

british columbia - totally wide open. there's no front runner here. forced to pick a winner i guess karla thompson might be a good bet

alberta- favorite is val sweeting but casey scheidegger will be a tough test and nadine chyz has been curling well this year.

saskatchewan - again, totally and completley wide open. with lawton's decline there's no dominant force in saskatchewan anymore and no sign of anyone coming up to replace her.

manitoba - jones is the favorite but birchard, overton clapham, einarson and englot are all good teams and jones has been pretty up and down this season.

ontario - mentioned above

quebec - the return of eve belisle makes things interesting when you would normally just write larouche in.

the atlantic provinces are a little more predictable because there there's still, generally one good team thats a little better than everyone else and you'd be shocked not to see them get through. i speak of robyn green for prince edward island, sylvie robichaud for new brunswick, jill brothers for nova scotia and stacie curtis for newfoundland. and the same goes for the northern territories and provinces.

northern ontario is between fleury and mccarville. its a toss up. both are pretty close in talent.

i just wish it was as competitive with the men because aside from alberta(this year) and ontario you pretty much know who to expect out of the playdowns.

Last edited by misty1 on 01-07-17 at 12:19PM

Old Post 01-07-17 12:02PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

sorta disagree with the announcers -
3 rock rule means that if you are 2 up coming home you will win -

- thats the way it shud be - the fair way - two up shud win

- they say with 5 rock rule its more exciting for crowd in last two ends

- if they want excitement then play a round of russian roulette with team thats up 2 having one bullet - team thats down 2 has 2 bullets
then they say that it is good for curling that edin is number one -

good for his family and the two hundred viewers in sweden

not so good for the million canadian old timers

edin and shuster in - rather see koe and carruthers personally

i just pulled the pin on cnn - so sick of their continual attacks on trump and one sided reporting - saved $5 a month and dont have to look at that weasel lemon as i surf thru

Old Post 01-07-17 01:43PM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Well I agree with you 200% Fresca - A top Swedish team doesn't help curling numbers, good US team will. Team Koe really struggling - must be the brooms.

I think Team Homan needs a coach not a psychologist. Maybe Rachel getting married has taken some of that competitive spirit?

Old Post 01-07-17 02:12PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BMalc
Harvey Hacksmasher

CBC broadcast

People talking lack of excitement. Pretty hard when telecasts include a 4th end break that is over 11 minutes long (had it on my pvr, so luckily I could ff), in QF. Ridiculous! Broadcasters will complain again that games are too long. I wonder why?

Old Post 01-07-17 02:35PM
BMalc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BMalc Click here to Send BMalc a Private Message Find more posts by BMalc Add BMalc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

if kevin was the only announcer there would be $600,000 in savings an d we could cut out commercials by raising cable fee to $1 per game per household

easy !

or would the game be too exciting and cause health issues ?

ill prepay $10 a month for 7 months for 5 years for a curling channel provided it has tasteful and max 1 min of commercials between ends

Last edited by fresca on 01-07-17 at 03:12PM

Old Post 01-07-17 03:05PM
BMalc
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
if kevin was the only announcer there would be $600,000 in savings an d we could cut out commercials by raising cable fee to $1 per game per household

easy !

or would the game be too exciting and cause health issues ?

ill prepay $10 a month for 7 months for 5 years for a curling channel provided it has tasteful and max 1 min of commercials between ends

Raise cable fees. Oh yeah they don't make enough profit now. $1/game. Tally it up. Ontario has a pretty good online stream of U21 provincials this week. No cost if you have internet.
Sorry wasn't trying to hijack thread. Just frustrated by 3 hr 8 end qf.

Old Post 01-07-17 04:38PM
BMalc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BMalc Click here to Send BMalc a Private Message Find more posts by BMalc Add BMalc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

i could easy pay $150 a year - even if i didnt cut back on cable - which is the easy way

guess i couldnt cut tsn. - the queen likes her jets

against buffalo today mccabe , a big dude hit Patrick Laine flat on his bach - and i called her in from the kitchen to se the replay .... she watched the hit twice and stormed into the dining room steam coming out her ears...

i saw she was yanking the future jet home game tickets out of the. bowl .. returned to sunroom steam still spouting ...

me "what were you doing? "

queen " seeing if the next game was buffalo ... its not "

me " what were you going to do - not go ?"

queen with a snarl ". i i would have gone - but not watched !!!! "

lucky for mccabe - her seat is row2 right beside the visitor gate to the ice ... she woulda tossed him into the upper bowl ..

dont mess with the mother bear's cubs !

ps. if you bump into her next week dont say "mccabe didnt get a penalty .." like i did. Big mistake - huge mistake

Last edited by fresca on 01-07-17 at 05:59PM

Old Post 01-07-17 05:52PM
Sasquatch
Hitting Paint

Anyone know why there was a "sponsor's exemption" team on the men's side (Korte), but not the women's side?

Old Post 01-07-17 06:35PM
Sasquatch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sasquatch Click here to Send Sasquatch a Private Message Find more posts by Sasquatch Add Sasquatch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Sasquatch
Anyone know why there was a "sponsor's exemption" team on the men's side (Korte), but not the women's side?

I believe that it is optional for the host site to select one men's team and one women's team. For this one they decided they wanted Korte in it but did not have a women's team they wanted to ask.

Old Post 01-07-17 06:49PM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

if id known you could win a slam playing 50% i would have curled another 50 years ...

Old Post 01-07-17 07:07PM
Par89
Hitting Paint

Must be blind, didn't see any 50%

Old Post 01-07-17 07:34PM
Par89 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Par89 Find more posts by Par89 Add Par89 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlky
Swing Artist

Anyone think that falling to the C bracket for an easy path to the playoffs seem like a good idea now?

Also, who ever said just use Kevin adn drop other announcers to save $600,000, how much do you think that announcers get paid.

Old Post 01-07-17 08:18PM
curlky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlky Click here to Send curlky a Private Message Find more posts by curlky Add curlky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote