Forums Menu

User: 
Pass:  

Curling Scores

Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > The National

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 3 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | 3 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
12-12-18 05:44PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

The National

looks like anyone can beat anyone now

best team at 4:47 pm is gunner

the red deer link has 97,000 views - about 50,000 more than it was closed - the 1.4 b chinese must be intrigued

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

12-14-18 11:58AM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Under team pics, isn't that Fry's pic with Ryan Hardens name?

12-14-18 01:41PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Drawmaster

no, it's Harnden

12-14-18 06:54PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Drawmaster

GOOD LORD

Have to sign in and login again every time I leave this page and come back. WTF!!!!!

Anyway,

Felt a bit bad for Goo in front of the home crowd and ****t@ng the bed. Outplayed, and rather putting up excuses about the ice being flat, give props to the team that totally outplayed you, especially you. For once admit and say out loud, I had a bad game and played terribly compared to the other team!!!

They didn't find the ice flat at all.. And kicked my ass.

Signed Never

12-14-18 07:13PM
MeaghanEdwards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MeaghanEdwards Find more posts by MeaghanEdwards Add MeaghanEdwards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MeaghanEdwards
Harvey Hacksmasher

I do suspect Gushue has a wee bit of an ego.

12-14-18 07:32PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Drawmaster

Jones vs Sinclair

Love to see Canadian Jones put the boots to "Canadian"? Sinclair. Convenient American.

12-15-18 05:33AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Re: GOOD LORD

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
Have to sign in and login again every time I leave this page and come back. WTF!!!!!

Anyway,

Felt a bit bad for Goo in front of the home crowd and ****t@ng the bed. Outplayed, and rather putting up excuses about the ice being flat, give props to the team that totally outplayed you, especially you. For once admit and say out loud, I had a bad game and played terribly compared to the other team!!!

They didn't find the ice flat at all.. And kicked my ass.

Signed Never

agree. im tired of gushue and his excuses. i hope mouat can pull off the win again but the history between the 2 doesnt suggest he can

12-15-18 10:41AM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

Problem is lots of closeups in curling - even interviewing in midgame

Another thing that is not fair to players

12-15-18 12:03PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

I bet ryan chuckled when jacobs gased that silly tic call

Ryan would have talked him out of that in 1 second

Gushue out

Glen misses easy draw to win in 8th but hits pot in ee

Merry Christmas Ryan

See you in 2019

12-15-18 12:08PM
prairie guy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for prairie guy Click here to Send prairie guy a Private Message Find more posts by prairie guy Add prairie guy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
prairie guy
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
I bet ryan chuckled when jacobs gased that silly tic call

Ryan would have talked him out of that in 1 second

Gushue out

Glen misses easy draw to win in 8th but hits pot in ee

Merry Christmas Ryan

See you in 2019

I bet Ryan was cheering for Team Jacobs 100% and did not chuckle whenever a shot was missed. I do hope Fry is back in 2019 however but only when he is ready.

12-15-18 12:11PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

You know what would be a great present to the million people watching

Make kevin martin chief of staff in camera booth

- less face shots
- more overheads that include the hogline
- zoom out from behind as rock is coming into house so we can see whats going to happen

Nothing more boring than a face or a slidingrock that takes up 50% of the pic surrounded by ice

Camera work was better on both networks 20 years ago

12-15-18 12:22PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

Prairie guy

What color is the sky in your world

Not 1% of competitive curlers that were railroaded off a team by the media and an inept club manager and the wct would be hoping his team would win again this event

He was grossly mistreated and his team did not stick up for him - they should have continued on last week and this week like winners .

Hope they win next event in 2019

12-15-18 01:42PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Did Matt really think he was auditioning for the Jacobs team?

12-15-18 03:04PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by decade
Did Matt really think he was auditioning for the Jacobs team?

Matt Woz was chiming in about 10x more than he used to do with Mike & The Mechanix.

Woz was NOT the reason Jacobs succumbed to Old Glenny this a.m. Glen curled up a storm with his angle freezes and chip shots.

Simply put EJ is NOT a world class 3rd - while Woz is a world class 2nd (Top 15 or so) but right now Wozniak is a man without a country!

Jacobs Brier 3rd will either be Fry or Marc Kennedy.

12-15-18 04:04PM
decade
Super Rockchucker

Too bad that the good people of Conception Bay went home instead of supporting women curlers. Pretty pathetic attendance for this draw.

12-15-18 05:22PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

My guess is Marc will stall

Was probably hot after winning run last week - this spiel shud cool the jets

He is the prime pick for anyone that's hot in 2020

Koe
Gushue ( a little friction but " my precious ring " cures all )
Gunner
BOTCHER

Or he skips 3 young guys - he would have pick of the litters

Best bet for Marc
Move to Beijing , $1000 a month plus nice house

$5mil bonus for gold - may have to eat some humble pie reCanadians shud play and coach at home ...

Long shot pays 100-1
Kennedy
Fry
Morris
Jamie koe

12-15-18 06:26PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Drawmaster

I must be getting old because I don't have the attention span to be able to watch 1 minute of a game and hop to the next and the next and the next and back. I much prefer pick one game and cover it, then show the highlights of the other games as necessary. All day they've been promoting the Jones-Homan game as the TV match. Have they showed a shot yet?

Also, I see Sportsnet hasn't picked up on the split screen like TSN

12-15-18 06:44PM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

Sportsnet probably guessed that Homan-Jones would start with a blank end, and so they stayed away from it for the 1st. And they were right.

And they did just show the end of their 2nd.

12-15-18 06:59PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Drawmaster

Fry will return to the Jacobs team.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/...nuary-1.4948088

12-15-18 08:01PM
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by CURLER1
Fry will return to the Jacobs team.

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/...nuary-1.4948088

Hope this is a one chance, screw up again contract and you are gone!

12-15-18 08:37PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

Arent you theold grinch

I bet your fanily can hardly wait til u get home ...

Expletives deleted

12-15-18 09:04PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Drawmaster

I predict Ryan will be a model citizen for the next 3 years.

12-15-18 10:13PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

first off: i wish people would lay off ryan. he made a mistake. how many of us can say we're perfect?. move on. im pretty sure that it's going to take more than this to cause team jacobs to ask ryan to leave and it should. he's still a world class third... top level athletes. much like celebrities live under a lense where their every mistake will be blown up .

ryan is doing what he needs to do to make up for that and better himself.

the simple fact is him being replaced permanently was never happening.

now, on to the slam itself:

as i predicted team mouat struggled in omaha but look great here. that freeze by bruce in 7 was brilliant . just pefect. it's rare to place a rock wide open that koe can't remove. i love how gutsy bruce is in his decision making. he's fearless, the whole team is. should be a good final tomorrow. hopefully mouat comes out on top

but what a great run from paterson. scottish mens curling is alive and well with them and muirhead around. now if only they could get a solid womens team after muirhead

12-15-18 11:07PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

after that freeze i wondered why kk didnt just hammer it for 2

someone kept saying the fluke would work -- bad advice , kk made it and it didnt work - better to have thrown it away and taken 2 in 8

Last edited by fresca on 12-16-18 at 11:50AM

12-16-18 02:36AM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Observer
Sportsnet probably guessed that Homan-Jones would start with a blank end, and so they stayed away from it for the 1st. And they were right.

And they did just show the end of their 2nd.

Jones made two fatal mistakes when she was cast aside with relative ease by the Ottawa Mean Girls last nite. #1 - she couldn't make a close draw to the button to secure last rock, a recurring theme with JJ, prolly should let Dawn or Kaitlyn work the button contest.

#2 - After Homan squashed JJ for a 3 in the 2nd - JJ had a decent opportunity to get back 3, even 4 - but poor line calls, rock positioning, etc. turned a relatively easy triple into a weak 1 - Jones was chasing from that point on, casting aside all aspects of conservative play and opening herself to Homan's defensive control game!!!