Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 4 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-23-15 02:49PM
Justintwiss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Justintwiss Click here to Send Justintwiss a Private Message Find more posts by Justintwiss Add Justintwiss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Justintwiss
Hitting Paint

Players Championship

What are the odd's Mike wins the players? Has to be the favorite/co favorite right.

Interesting in the womens group that sweden has Alison Kreviazuk in at the 2nd position. They are also in the same pool as Rachel.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-23-15 04:41PM
Radio-Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Radio-Man Click here to Send Radio-Man a Private Message Find more posts by Radio-Man Add Radio-Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

The great Ali K with Siggy? That could be scary adding the best second. Is this just for the Players or is it a permanent position moving forward? Ali K makes them instant world beaters again.

"It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ill intent...who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on."

03-23-15 06:55PM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Radio-Man
The great Ali K with Siggy? That could be scary adding the best second. Is this just for the Players or is it a permanent position moving forward? Ali K makes them instant world beaters again.

I believe it is just for the Players.

Even if they wanted to have her on the squad full time, there are residence issues for events such as Euros, Worlds, and the Olympics. The WCF requires at least 2 years of residency to play for a country, at least according to what I've read.

The Players doesn't count because it's a tour event.

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

03-23-15 08:27PM
ellejay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ellejay Click here to Send ellejay a Private Message Find more posts by ellejay Add ellejay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ellejay
Harvey Hacksmasher

..Alison posted last month that she'd be coming to the Players...

http://www.curling.ca/blog/2015/02/...atlantic-ocean/

An update from across the Atlantic Ocean

February 13, 2015

--snip---

Even though I talked about taking a step back, it seems as though I miss it too much to stay completely away. Should the girls qualify, I was asked by Margaretha Sigfridssons team to spare for Maria Wennerstrm at the Players Championships while she is busy becoming a new mom. They are all a great group of ladies and I couldnt be more excited to team up with them for such a fantastic event.

--more @ link.

03-23-15 10:29PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Fredrik arrived in Halifax today for the Worlds. Don't know if he's 5th man or sparing on Edin's rink. Just read this on twitter. I think both he and Ali are having some withdrawal probs. lol. Good to see them both enjoying themselves back at curling. Looking forward to the upcoming events.

03-23-15 10:32PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by albetts
Fredrik arrived in Halifax today for the Worlds. Don't know if he's 5th man or sparing on Edin's rink. Just read this on twitter. I think both he and Ali are having some withdrawal probs. lol. Good to see them both enjoying themselves back at curling. Looking forward to the upcoming events.

fredrik is the team coach now

03-23-15 10:39PM
Radio-Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Radio-Man Click here to Send Radio-Man a Private Message Find more posts by Radio-Man Add Radio-Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Phil_D

I believe it is just for the Players.

Even if they wanted to have her on the squad full time, there are residence issues for events such as Euros, Worlds, and the Olympics. The WCF requires at least 2 years of residency to play for a country, at least according to what I've read.

The Players doesn't count because it's a tour event.

Ah yes, forgot about the residency issues. If I remember correctly Ali said she'd never curl for another country internationally, but I certainly wouldn't hold it against her. Do what you love!

"It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ill intent...who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on."

04-04-15 10:52AM
CurlingGeek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingGeek Click here to Send CurlingGeek a Private Message Visit CurlingGeek's homepage! Find more posts by CurlingGeek Add CurlingGeek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

Let's make Thursday at the Player's something fun:

7:30pm, center ice at the Mattamy Center (was: Maple Leaf Gardens): Glenn Howard vs. Jeff Stoughton in what could be their final battle. Can't imagine a better setting (well, short of a Brier final)

I'll be in the stands, along with many of the geeks who volunteered this season. C'mon out and share your appreciation for my volunteers, and two of the best who ever played.

04-04-15 11:51AM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by fresca

ill send a cheque for $500 today for my comment after Pat's roll out in the 10th

Or one of Ulrud's misses late in the 1-2 game. The replay on the big screen at the arena had the crowd roaring with laughter.

His mic wasn't on, and I'm not a lip-reader by profession but I think he said "FJORD".

04-06-15 03:29PM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by johnnysmoke
Or one of Ulrud's misses late in the 1-2 game. The replay on the big screen at the arena had the crowd roaring with laughter.

His mic wasn't on, and I'm not a lip-reader by profession but I think he said "FJORD".

Just watch your ****ing language, that's all you have to ****ing do.

Last edited by Guest on 04-06-15 at 03:33PM

04-07-15 09:09AM
CurlingGeek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingGeek Click here to Send CurlingGeek a Private Message Visit CurlingGeek's homepage! Find more posts by CurlingGeek Add CurlingGeek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

CurlingGeek will be at the Players' Championship all week long.

First up: Gushue vs Koe Tuesday at 7pm eastern:

https://games.curlinggeek.com/broadcast/178

Last edited by CurlingGeek on 04-07-15 at 10:22AM

04-07-15 10:09AM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Exclamation Thanks Geek

quote:
Originally posted by CurlingGeek

CurlingGeek will be at the Players' Championship all week long.

First up: Gushue vs Koe TUESDAY at 7pm eastern:

https://games.curlinggeek.com/broadcast/178

04-07-15 04:07PM
CurlingMachine is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingMachine Click here to Send CurlingMachine a Private Message Find more posts by CurlingMachine Add CurlingMachine to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingMachine
Knee-Slider

Odds are 100% Canadian team will not win this event. At this time of year most teams idle. Edin is overwhelming favor just coming off the ice at Worlds and being red hot!!

04-07-15 07:01PM
Claire Marie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Claire Marie Click here to Send Claire Marie a Private Message Find more posts by Claire Marie Add Claire Marie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Claire Marie
Harvey Hacksmasher

I'm hoping otherwise!!!

04-07-15 10:41PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Here's the players site fwiw

http://www.thegrandslamofcurling.co...pionship-teams/

I'd love to see Old Jeff take his final bow with a victory at this event but somehow the curling gods have something else in mind. Jeff no longer has the horses to get by the hard-core teams. If Simmons was playing I'd favour him but right now its prolly wide open between McEwen, Gushue, Koe & Jacobs with some mild torment from the Euros, especially Edin.

As far as the ladies - its been far too long since their last events; STOH and then the worlds so Jones has had to wait awhile for this one. If you think Jenny was out of sorts for the worlds just wait for this one. With little or no practice with players living all over the map JJ & Co. will be fodder for the killer-euros like Ladyhawk Paetz and a couple others.

Only two walkovers in the field - Sherry Middaugh and Kristy McDonald. Middaugh hasn't curled in eons and McDonald, while feisty doesn't really scare anyone with her consistent 70 to 75% game. Both these walkovers are in Rachel Homan's side of the draw.

I suspect Rachel watched with interest how Ladyhawk abused her friend Jennifer Jones and will be anxious to send Paetz a message if she can find her in the playoffs - they don't share the same groupings so the only way they meet is in playoffs.

btw - looking back at it I thought JJ did incredibly well at the worlds. She was obviously way out of sorts and never found the right rhythm but still forged her way into the 1-2 game (lost that) and then managed to eke by in the semi-final only to lose the gold medal game to Paetz again.

JJ has to play Paetz and Binia Feltscher (last year's world champion who vanquished Homan) plus Eve Muirhead is also in this group. I think Heather Nedohin is in the group, too so I'll be interested to see if Heather makes the trip herself or lets newly announced team skip Chelsea Carey get an early start. (I suspect this is Heather's last curling year for awhile so she'll want to scrape up whatever winnings are available in this final event!) Another tough out in this group, Anna Sidorova so there's no walkovers to be sure.

The other group has a tough 3 - in Homan, Sweeting and Silvana Tirinzoni plus veteran Middaugh and the feisty Red McDonald. Swedish powerhouse Margaretha Sigfridson rounds out the section, coming off a miserable performance at the worlds - she's certain to be out for blood!

so much for middaugh being a walkover

04-08-15 12:43AM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

I'm predicting McEwen for the men and Muirhead for the women.

Edin is hot right now, but coming off the strong finish at the Elite 10 and their run for gold (after a slow start) I think they'll have a bit of a "hangover." Plus they've been in Canada for about 3 weeks or so now, so while jetlag shouldn't be an issue at this point they might be kinda burned out. I could be completely wrong, just a gut feeling.

McEwen has been hot in these events all year, and following their provincial disappointment I think they're looking to finish on a high note. Plus they just won the Elite 10, so there's a bit of momentum there.

As for the ladies, Muirhead definitely has something to prove following their disappointing finish at Worlds. They've had a few weeks to recover, and this event has been their radar all year. Given that, I expect them to come out firing on all cylinders tomorrow morning.

Of course, this is curling and anything can happen...especially this late in the season where some rinks are burned out and running on fumes while others are looking for redemption. One way or another should be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

04-08-15 08:31AM
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

Good morning fans. For draw 2, we are featuring Nedohin v. Jones, live now: https://games.curlinggeek.com/broadcast/178

04-08-15 09:38AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

bottcher is crushing edin right now. somewhat expected i guess.

04-08-15 10:59AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

heather took out jj

alina barfed up a late game 3 but responded well to take out eve

silvana took out mcdonald even after giving up a 2nd end 4 but then outscored her 9-1 ...what a wild game that must have been

04-08-15 11:34AM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
Does this make Botcher the new World Champion ? takes a 4 on Nic in first end

it is ever thus -- jet lag and the same thingthat happens to canadians after they win the brier ..

Bottcher had longer flight to Toronto than Edin did...

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

04-08-15 12:07PM
ellejay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ellejay Click here to Send ellejay a Private Message Find more posts by ellejay Add ellejay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ellejay
Harvey Hacksmasher

livestream

April 8th 12 p.m. EST

Howard vs Laycock

http://livestream.com/accounts/9348702/events/3954113

04-08-15 05:50PM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Players - TV schedule

Players Championship TV Broadcast Schedule

Thursday, April 9

Round Robin, Noon ET / 9 a.m. PT (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific)
Round Robin, 3:30 p.m. ET / 12:30 p.m. PT (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific)
Round Robin, 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT (Sportsnet 360 and Sportsnet Pacific)

Friday, April 10

Round Robin, Noon ET / 9 a.m. PT (Sportsnet ONE)
Round Robin, 4 p.m. ET / 1 p.m. PT (Sportsnet ONE)
Round Robin, 7:30 p.m. ET / 4:30 p.m. PT (Sportsnet ONE)

Saturday, April 11

Womens Quarter-Finals, Noon ET / 9 a.m. PT (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific)
Mens Quarter-Finals, 3:30 p.m. ET / 12:30 p.m. PT (Sportsnet 360)

Sunday, April 12

Mens and Womens Semifinals, 10 a.m. ET / 7 a.m. PT (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific)
Womens Final, 2 p.m. ET / 11 a.m. PT (Sportsnet 360)
Mens Final, 7 p.m. ET / 4 p.m. PT (Sportsnet East, Ontario, West and Pacific)

04-08-15 09:19PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Camm playing with Epping tonight.

04-08-15 10:48PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
2 womens games this evening should be interesting.

1. Feltscher vs. Paetz - I think there's a very good chance Bini sends a strong message to the younger swiss squad that Bini's group is still out there and won't be shunted aside by newbies. Feltscher might have a point - but Ladyhawke won't go quietly into the good night. We should expect both teams to be around for this slam's playoff.

2. Jones vs. Muirhead - a classic re-telling of their continual adventures. Jones the reckless inventor of an all-out offensive game vs. the one-woman gang who knows how to set traps against a superior team by virtue of her tremendous skill with her two stones per end. At the Olympics and last worlds Anna Sloan was mostly tormented by Kaitlyn Lawes. Both squads are coming off disappointments at the worlds. Princess Eve failed to even make playoffs. Jones got a silver medal but was trounced 3 times by the youngish swiss ladyhawks. Jones used her uncanny guile and savvy to rescue a silver medal. It appears that she's in over her head at this year-end spiel and for all the right reasons. She's burned out, her reckless calls invite opponents to trap her almost every end. Expect a similar result tonite, especially if Princess is close to being on her game.

1. Paetz showed Bini who the better curler was
2. Muirhead had a very easy game and squashed Jones in 6 ends.

Neither game was close.

04-09-15 07:08AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Looks like Ali K hasn't been able to help Sigfiddson too much. 0-2 so far. Middaugh could be a dark horse...her loss in the Ontario final really stung.