Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 2 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
10-15-14 09:01PM
wsj28 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wsj28 Click here to Send wsj28 a Private Message Find more posts by wsj28 Add wsj28 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wsj28
Harvey Hacksmasher

European playdowns

I know some countries are having their European playdowns this weekend..anyone know where I can find results of the games?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

10-16-14 12:01AM
guycan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guycan Click here to Send guycan a Private Message Find more posts by guycan Add guycan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guycan
Swing Artist

German playdowns can be found here: http://curlingdm.de/EMQ_HeDa2014/

The final selection is the choice of Thomas Lips, National Trainer.

10-16-14 09:31AM
curlo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlo Click here to Send curlo a Private Message Find more posts by curlo Add curlo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlo
Harvey Hacksmasher

Switzerland:
http://www.curling.ch/home/page.aspx?page_id=2373

Men: Peter de Cruz v Sven Michel in a best of 7.

Women: Feltscher, Jaggi, Patz, Tirinzoni. Double roundrobin. top 2 play best of 3 final.

Scotland:
http://competitions.royalcaledonian...an-playdowns-2/

Men:
Murdoch
MacDonald
Edwards
Brewster

Women:
Muirhead
Gray
Fleming

Double roundrobin. top 2 play best of 3 final.

10-16-14 11:27AM
wsj28 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wsj28 Click here to Send wsj28 a Private Message Find more posts by wsj28 Add wsj28 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wsj28
Harvey Hacksmasher

Any idea why last year's Women's Scottish Champions aren't paricipating? No longer together?

10-16-14 03:58PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by guycan
German playdowns can be found here: http://curlingdm.de/EMQ_HeDa2014/

The final selection is the choice of Thomas Lips, National Trainer.

when i saw andy kapp playing a cash spiel recently i thought it was recreational but i guess he's coming out of retirement. im guessing the federation probably begged him too, seeing as how they have no decent options to count on.

10-16-14 04:00PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by curlo
Switzerland:
http://www.curling.ch/home/page.aspx?page_id=2373

Men: Peter de Cruz v Sven Michel in a best of 7.

Women: Feltscher, Jaggi, Patz, Tirinzoni. Double roundrobin. top 2 play best of 3 final.

Scotland:
http://competitions.royalcaledonian...an-playdowns-2/

Men:
Murdoch
MacDonald
Edwards
Brewster

Women:
Muirhead
Gray
Fleming

Double roundrobin. top 2 play best of 3 final.

muirhead will probably get out of scotland but fleming should provide stiff competition. murdoch . edwards and brewster will be tight.

i'd like to see jaggi finally get to a major competition but it will probably boil down to tirinzoni/feltscher

10-17-14 12:29PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

you can look at the fact that andy kapp has demolished his opponents in the first 2 games 1 of 2 ways:

1. its a testament to how good he is that he can come in after 3 years of retirement and still do so well

2. it shows just how bad the other teams are

its probably going to be lehman and kapp if results continue the way they are

10-17-14 04:47PM
wsj28
Harvey Hacksmasher

Lehman demolished her former skip 10-3 this morning, but then lost to an unknown giving up a fair amount of steals, including a steal in EE to win

10-18-14 11:58AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

so muirhead v.s gray for scotland. really surprised to see flemming go 0-4

murdoch v.s edwards for the men

smart betting here would pick muirhead and murdoch. not sure gray has to much a chance to beat muirhead but i think edwards has a fair shot at the upset

10-18-14 02:57PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

feltscher wins the first game of the best of 3 womens final and michael snags the 6th game so the mens series will go to a decisive 7th game.

come on DeCruz!dont really have a preference for the women either way

10-19-14 12:22PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

well feltscher and michel get through for switzerland...hurrah

sorry, just a little personal disapointment there.

Another real shocker in scotland: muirhead is through. thats about as certain as the sun rising every morning

the mens side did see an upset though. david edwards gets a steal of 2 in an extra end to get the win over murdoch

things have changed drastically for germny. kapp has lost 2 in a row and is down 6-2 after 7 ends in the tiebreaker against baumann.

schopp and dreindl are in a tiebreaker themselves. schopp has a 1 point lead

10-19-14 01:12PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

baumann wins the tiebreaker so it should be him in the euros for germany.

schopp and dreindl tied with schopp having hammer in 10

10-19-14 02:23PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

I'd imagine that ulsrud and edin will be there on the mens side and sigfridsson and sidorova wil be there for the women.

i know that stjerne won denmark. not sure about the women but i'll guess nielsen

would be pretty shocking if snitil wasnt there

Last edited by misty1 on 10-19-14 at 02:25PM

10-19-14 02:27PM
kyoh is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kyoh Click here to Send kyoh a Private Message Find more posts by kyoh Add kyoh to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kyoh
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
I'd imagine that ulsrud and edin will be there on the mens side and sigfridsson and sidorova wil be there for the women so we know 5 of the teams now

i know that stjerne won denmark. not sure about the women but i'll guess nielsen

Hasselborg is going to Europeans for the women, and I think I read that Sigfridsson was already chosen to go to Worlds.

10-19-14 03:00PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by kyoh

Hasselborg is going to Europeans for the women, and I think I read that Sigfridsson was already chosen to go to Worlds.

wow really? that is a huge surprise for me. hasselborg is a young and talented team but sigfridsson is clearly peja's favorite at the moment , i thought he'd choose them to go especially since they are defending champions

but it is good he's giving someone else a go

10-19-14 04:30PM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

During the Stocklholm Ladies Cup broadcasts, I heard the commentators mention that Team Sigfridsson had approached Lindholm and asked to share the responsibility of representing Sweden in international events with Hasselborg. They have a different approach this year after the giant year they had last season (Euros + Olympics + Worlds) and have changed a lot of their training plan. Fewer games, more off-ice training.

10-19-14 06:57PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by doubletakeout
During the Stocklholm Ladies Cup broadcasts, I heard the commentators mention that Team Sigfridsson had approached Lindholm and asked to share the responsibility of representing Sweden in international events with Hasselborg. They have a different approach this year after the giant year they had last season (Euros + Olympics + Worlds) and have changed a lot of their training plan. Fewer games, more off-ice training.

wow, okay. thanks for the info.

its actually sad that it took the team going to peja and asking hikm to split their international appearances with another team for him to consider sending someone else out there

after last season its certainly understandable that they'd want to take it easier this season

10-21-14 09:51AM
wsj28
Harvey Hacksmasher

News out of Germany is that Team Schopp will not be going to the European playdowns

10-21-14 01:19PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

i assumed the winners of those playdowns would go meaning schopp and baumann.

any news about the men?

and if not schopp then who is the selection. dreindl or lehmann?

10-21-14 01:58PM
guycan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guycan Click here to Send guycan a Private Message Find more posts by guycan Add guycan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guycan
Swing Artist

Team Driendl will be going to the Europeans now...Andrea got a phone call informing that they will not nominate her team.

Baumann will go for the men, and Driendl's alternate will be Pia-Lisa Schöll

10-21-14 03:26PM
wsj28
Harvey Hacksmasher

i wonder if andrea's outbursts towards other teams and the german curling federation on social media had anything to do with this.

10-21-14 03:28PM
wsj28
Harvey Hacksmasher

any truth to the rumor that due to the germany olympic federation cutting curling that team lehmann may be done for good?

10-21-14 03:57PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wsj28
i wonder if andrea's outbursts towards other teams and the german curling federation on social media had anything to do with this. [/QUOTE

maybe..but honestly her anger towards the federation is justified in my eyes

10-21-14 04:01PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by guycan
Team Driendl will be going to the Europeans now...Andrea got a phone call informing that they will not nominate her team.

Baumann will go for the men, and Driendl's alternate will be Pia-Lisa Schöll

thanks for the info.

10-27-14 12:27AM
Alice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Alice Click here to Send Alice a Private Message Find more posts by Alice Add Alice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Alice
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wsj28
i wonder if andrea's outbursts towards other teams and the german curling federation on social media had anything to do with this. [/QUOTE

maybe..but honestly her anger towards the federation is justified in my eyes

Looked at the Deutscher Curling Verband webpage. Seems last week they've lost the vast bulk of their expected funding for next year. All its national coaches and much staff to be fired as of 1/1/15 as best I can tell since they were not consistently in the top 8 at world level despite very respectable TV viewership from the Sochi Games or perhaps just due to tight budgets for all sports after the end of an Olympic cycle?

Enjoyed the Team Schoepp Facebook page reaction from 10/24/14 about both having a national coach decide their national playdowns on-ice win would not earn them a place at the Europeans this year and the loss of so much DCV funding for next year for its elite curlers on its national team:
"So after the first shock we decided that all this will not keep us away from playing. We even entered more bonspiels and will be a lot on the ice to improve. For us the situation with having no financial support is not new because we did not get one cent from the federation this year. We are used to pay everything by ourselves and although it is tough we do it because we love this sport and we believe that the day will come when everything will pay off and the decicions will be made on the ice!"

Huzzah ladies!

Last edited by Alice on 10-27-14 at 12:46AM