Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
10-07-16 08:56AM
Jeff Breeze is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff Breeze Click here to Send Jeff Breeze a Private Message Find more posts by Jeff Breeze Add Jeff Breeze to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeff Breeze
Harvey Hacksmasher

Women's Masters Basel

With a complicated triple elimination round robin format, this weekend's matches in Switzerland began at 2am (EST). Unfortunately they predetermined which matches to livestream so when Tirinzoni lost we now get to watch Kubeskova (CZE) vs Moiseeva (RUS) with a Sigfridsson/Kim match only at the edge of the screen (of the 8 matches running right now this is the only one without a top 20 player). While there are no announcers, there was sound earlier in the day, but this match doesn't even have an ice level mic it seems. It's great to have something to watch, but the demands are high without any audio cues to get your attention (like when you're in other tabs starting curlingzone threads).

Streams during each of the first two matches dropped in the middle of competition, so be aware that you need to be vigilant in keeping things going. Also it seems like now as I'm about to hit post, there is sound which leads me to believe there is a mic, but only on the near end of the ice.

Their website looks like there will be streaming coverage of the 2nd sheet of ice all weekend long, even though they don't have youtube schedules listed so there is nothing about it if you click the 'Watch Curling' tab on this page... instead go here and cross your fingers: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj...7tsC7i2wNrQvn8Q

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

10-07-16 09:50AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

this event does interest me.

muirhead has looked really good this year. she had a hiccup last week but she's made 2 finals already. she really should have won the first one but somehow let a 5-1 lead dissolve against scheidegger. this will be the first even she'll have anna sloan back so how anna does will be interesting to me.

none of the top swiss teams have looked great. tirinzoni has been the best one so far but still not her usual self. paetz and feltscher have been way off. jaggi seems like she's retired which is unfortunate but now they have the young elena stern , who looks promising.

ogasawara and kim both did well last week and started strong here

sigfridsson seems to be on the upswing again. ostlund seems like she's rejuvinated them as hoped. results still not fantastic but they are still adjusting. at this rate though hasselborg probably will be getting the nod for euros and maybe worlds. they'll need to push hard to overtake her.

10-07-16 01:37PM
ellejay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ellejay Click here to Send ellejay a Private Message Find more posts by ellejay Add ellejay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ellejay
Harvey Hacksmasher

interesting to see Andrea Crawford playing with Andrea Schoppe out of Germany in this event.

10-07-16 04:34PM
PeakCurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PeakCurl Click here to Send PeakCurl a Private Message Visit PeakCurl's homepage! Find more posts by PeakCurl Add PeakCurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PeakCurl
Knee-Slider

Thanks for watching the livestream.
We had some issues with audio that should be fixed now.
This livestream is a low cost production but we try to bring you a enjoyable livestream from Basel.
Saturday and Sunday Bastian Wyss will stay in the commentary box and analyse the action on the ice in English.

Available links:
www.youtube.com/user/peakcurl/live
Woman's Masters
PeakCurl

10-07-16 05:17PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

question about the autumn gold:

is jenniffer actually playing?

she's listed in the lineup but sometimes on this site the line ups are not accurate in depicting subs or changes

10-08-16 03:46AM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

Watching right now Driendl-Nielsen without Lene. It seems that Madeleine Dupont is skipping and sister Denise is at lead with Clemmensen and Risdal moving up a spot. I remember hearing last week that they withdrew from Stockholm.

10-08-16 03:52AM
UnattachedFC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for UnattachedFC Click here to Send UnattachedFC a Private Message Find more posts by UnattachedFC Add UnattachedFC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
UnattachedFC
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
question about the autumn gold:

is jenniffer actually playing?

she's listed in the lineup but sometimes on this site the line ups are not accurate in depicting subs or changes

I'm not there, but it's probably true. Sportsnet reported that she was going to play in this tournament here. I would trust Jonathan Brazeau on this one. Read the 5th end.

http://www.thegrandslamofcurling.co...id-season-form/

10-08-16 09:56AM
PeakCurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for PeakCurl Click here to Send PeakCurl a Private Message Visit PeakCurl's homepage! Find more posts by PeakCurl Add PeakCurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
PeakCurl
Knee-Slider

Skins game action at the Women's Masters now live.
Kim (KOR) vs. Schöpp (GER)

https://youtube.com/user/peakcurl/live

10-08-16 02:37PM
Jeff Breeze is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff Breeze Click here to Send Jeff Breeze a Private Message Find more posts by Jeff Breeze Add Jeff Breeze to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeff Breeze
Harvey Hacksmasher

A fun weekend of curling already, even if I need to go back and watch the skins game since I was out yardsailing this morning (I scored a catcher's mitt, some books, and a portable record player). The Sidorova/Patz match was great from start to finish, even if I was baffled that Alina left such an easy shot for 2 to end it.

Muirhead lost to Sidorova earlier to drop them to the C bracket, but this team is still in neutral as Anna Sloan isn't set to be back until the GSOC event in Truro at the end of the month... until then it looks like the diminutive former Scottish champ Kelly (Wood) Schafer has been holding down the third spot. http://www.britishcurling.com/news/...slam-return.asp

... and Jennifer Jones was indeed back with her team this weekend. I gleaned that from Kaitlyn Lawes' Instagram post: https://www.instagram.com/p/BLSKBPa...y=lklawes&hl=en
It seems the only way to be on top of curling news is to follow as many teams as you are interested in on social media (the Sloan nugget came from her twitter)

Although the pre-predicting of matches left us with a few clunkers on the livestream schedule (That Driendl/Dupont match was easy to mostly sleep through except when I was trying to figure out how that Denise Dupont could possibly be the same person that had been a Danish Olympian, since she looks completely different), PeakCurl has shown a good inexpensive way to livecast curling with 2 HD cameras on the same ice and a switcher that toggles between the two depending on the location of the action. Next time they should fly me to Basel to talk while it's all happening... I really think that's what 25 years in radio has been pointing me toward

... as it is, Sigfridsson/Wrana, Muirhead/Barbezat, and Pätz/Ogasawara are battling it out for the last spots now, after Kim, Kubeskova, and Schöpp made it to the playoffs from the A bracket, and Sidorova and Fleming advanced from the B....

10-08-16 04:33PM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Andrea Crawford

playing second for Andrea Schoepp !!

10-09-16 03:18AM
ellejay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ellejay Click here to Send ellejay a Private Message Find more posts by ellejay Add ellejay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ellejay
Harvey Hacksmasher

Kim and Paetz playing now in the QF:

https://www.facebook.com/polkcounty...0701818/?type=3

10-09-16 08:00AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Breeze
A fun weekend of curling already, even if I need to go back and watch the skins game since I was out yardsailing this morning (I scored a catcher's mitt, some books, and a portable record player). The Sidorova/Patz match was great from start to finish, even if I was baffled that Alina left such an easy shot for 2 to end it.

Muirhead lost to Sidorova earlier to drop them to the C bracket, but this team is still in neutral as Anna Sloan isn't set to be back until the GSOC event in Truro at the end of the month... until then it looks like the diminutive former Scottish champ Kelly (Wood) Schafer has been holding down the third spot. http://www.britishcurling.com/news/...slam-return.asp

... and Jennifer Jones was indeed back with her team this weekend. I gleaned that from Kaitlyn Lawes' Instagram post: https://www.instagram.com/p/BLSKBPa...y=lklawes&hl=en
It seems the only way to be on top of curling news is to follow as many teams as you are interested in on social media (the Sloan nugget came from her twitter)

Although the pre-predicting of matches left us with a few clunkers on the livestream schedule (That Driendl/Dupont match was easy to mostly sleep through except when I was trying to figure out how that Denise Dupont could possibly be the same person that had been a Danish Olympian, since she looks completely different), PeakCurl has shown a good inexpensive way to livecast curling with 2 HD cameras on the same ice and a switcher that toggles between the two depending on the location of the action. Next time they should fly me to Basel to talk while it's all happening... I really think that's what 25 years in radio has been pointing me toward

... as it is, Sigfridsson/Wrana, Muirhead/Barbezat, and Pätz/Ogasawara are battling it out for the last spots now, after Kim, Kubeskova, and Schöpp made it to the playoffs from the A bracket, and Sidorova and Fleming advanced from the B....

see, this website has anna back already so once again its got the lineup wrong. i had thought that anna was back this week.

well, it doesnt seem like eve and the team are missing her to much. 3rd final of the year already out of 4 events.lets see if they win this one. up against a resurgent margaretha sigfridsson

10-09-16 08:11AM
Jeff Breeze
Harvey Hacksmasher

Well, the tricky part is that Anna Sloan is in Basel, but she's just a cheerleader for Team Muirhead this weekend. A third final with an early knockout for Team Hasselborg should likely put the Scots at the top of the early season leaders.

We'll find out soon as the final starts in a little more than half an hour ... 8:45 EST (14:45 Basel) and anyone can watch here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj...7tsC7i2wNrQvn8Q

10-09-16 10:06AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

muirhead just cracked a 5 in the 5th and leads 7-3 with 3 ends to go. I know she gave up a 4 point lead in the final against scheidegger earlier this year but that was with 5 ends to go. surely she can close this one out

2 really bad misses from ostlund in that 5th end. to be fair to her though that first shot that went through a hole of 3 scottish stones was just bad luck

10-09-16 10:44AM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Eve Muirhead

Just catching up.. thought Anna Sloan was back.. but isnt and Eve is ready to win this without her

Agree with ML..always have .. that Anna holds Eve back..but where's a third to match her ?

-------------
Sigfriddson has to have the patience to develop Cissi as her new Fourth....big competition right now who reps Sweden next..

10-09-16 10:53AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

if kelly schaeffer(spelling?) was eligable to play for scotland i think she'd be a great third for eve.i mean, look at how well they've done with her.4 events, 3 finals and 1 win.eve doesnt have that consistency with anna at third. unfortunately she cant

10-09-16 11:04AM
Jeff Breeze
Harvey Hacksmasher

Congrats to Eve and Team Muirhead for winning this one, if you drop a 5 in a final you probably deserve the win. It is strange to see both finalists to rise out of the C bracket, but cool that after seeing Sweden 2 beat Scotland 2 in Stockholm that we got Scotland 1 beating Sweden 1 in Basel.

As for Eve's third, Kelly is definitely a temp, I mean, she IS married to the mayor of Swift Current. Unless the ACL does something else bad, don't expect Anna Sloan not to be on Team Muirhead, heck, she dates Glen Muirhead, so she's nearly Clan Muirhead.

10-09-16 11:46AM
HotRocks
Drawmaster

^^^ Thats the BIG question

Has Anna Sloan topped out her ability to raise her game even higher..?

Is it deeper intensity/ maturity or just reaching the top of ones potential

Eve just rolls with it all and I dont blame her
1.She is a well-paid professional curler
2. As a skip I think she is one of the nicest in the Women's game.. solid loyalty is the right attitude..

When Scotland really looks a bit deeper.. they might find a Third to empower Eve ..which moves Scotland up as well

Go Eve