W: USA Junior Women's National Qualifier
M: United States Olympic Curling Team Trials
W: United States Olympic Curling Team Trials
M: Fort Wayne Mad Anthony CashSpiel
M: EJCT Prague Junior Mens Cup
W: EJCT Prague Junior Womens Cup
W: RCD Annual International Wheelchair Bonspiel
Pacific Time (PT)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

Curling Pick'em

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > Tours, Events and Major Championships > Playdowns > The Brier 2017 -

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 4 of 18 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-07-17 09:52AM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

wow - mcewan tries double but hits port and nb takes 3

too risky a shot in my opinion. ... hit one and hope for a roll out

gushue lite nwt steals another

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-07-17 11:51AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Click here to Send nelski a Private Message Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

N.L. and MB both tap dancing on their record. J.Koe gets the W. on a steal of three I would like to know what kind of shot Gushue had in the final end if anybody saw it. MB steals solid over NB. EE - feel myself pulling for Menard. Are we half-way yet?

03-07-17 11:54AM
Jones40 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jones40 Click here to Send Jones40 a Private Message Find more posts by Jones40 Add Jones40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jones40
Knee-Slider

Shaking my Head of this Morning's Draw

Wow, NB up four after 7 and lost the game in 10. Still in shock. MB scores 6 points in three ends.

ON lost another game. I thought they might be better but it is looking bleak for them.

NT finally came out on top and over NL the home town favourite. Way to go Jamie.

Still liking NL to win it all but the week is still young.

03-07-17 12:01PM
Jones40 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jones40 Click here to Send Jones40 a Private Message Find more posts by Jones40 Add Jones40 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jones40
Knee-Slider

Gushue had really difficult long shot

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
...I would like to know what kind of shot Gushue had in the final end if anybody saw it. ...

Gushue had what appeared to be a ridiculously difficult last shot. Jamie Koe sitting three and all Gushue had (from the brief glimpse I had), was a double raise triple take out. It did not look pretty (both the house and the shot). I would have liked to have seen that entire end to see how Gushue, with last rock, let the house and front get that cluttered.

03-07-17 12:39PM
BMalc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BMalc Click here to Send BMalc a Private Message Find more posts by BMalc Add BMalc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BMalc
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by nelski
N.L. and MB both tap dancing on their record. J.Koe gets the W. on a steal of three I would like to know what kind of shot Gushue had in the final end if anybody saw it. MB steals solid over NB. EE - feel myself pulling for Menard. Are we half-way yet?

Glenn shot 92% this morning. Obviously, not getting the support needed. Hart missing the absolutely wrong times. Two losses draw to pin, took Koe to last. Tough to take. Could easily be 4 - 1 with a few breaks.

03-07-17 12:55PM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick8end
Swing Artist

I know Jamie Koe played well, but you have to wonder if the home-town pressure is getting to Brad Gushue and his rink. I want him in the playoffs, but it will be really dicey if he loses to Northern Ontario tonight to fall to 3-3. And he hasn't played Team Canada yet.

As for MB, it really appeared like they weren't up for that game. They certainly weren't mentally alert until the last several ends. You need a lucky win every now and then and they got it. Kennedy was overruled in the 10th end and they started long runbacks on their 2nd's first stone. He should have just said 'no' and cleared the high guard.

03-07-17 12:59PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Re: Shaking my Head of this Morning's Draw

quote:
Originally posted by Jones40
Wow, NB up four after 7 and lost the game in 10. Still in shock. MB scores 6 points in three ends.

Still liking NL to win it all but the week is still young.

In the last 2 ends, Kennedy stopped doing what he did to get the 4 pt lead- drawing. Suddenly he thinks he can make the triple takeout. His lead doesn't even try the tick and the peals were useless . Guess he had a senior moment, But a great 8 ends,

03-07-17 02:19PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Swing Artist

On the end Manitoba stole two, it seemed to me that Kennedy wanted to make one shot and got talked into a different shot by the third that he was not wanting. He pulled the proverbial string.

03-07-17 02:34PM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick8end
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Ajay
On the end Manitoba stole two, it seemed to me that Kennedy wanted to make one shot and got talked into a different shot by the third that he was not wanting. He pulled the proverbial string.

Agree that he was talked into it. Kennedy definitely liked the short angle raise immediately. His third didn't like it originally, but then agreed. And then someone came in and took over saying to throw the draw because even if you rub off the top McEwen rock you only give up one. There were at least three different 'skips' in the last two ends. Mike has to be tougher. In he sees' a shot and has confidence in it, let him play it. He's the guy throwing the rock.

Last edited by rick8end on 03-07-17 at 03:32PM

03-07-17 03:05PM
Island Roger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Island Roger Find more posts by Island Roger Add Island Roger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Island Roger
Harvey Hacksmasher

Tough crowd. What ever happened to "Win as a team, lose as a team".

He's not the first skip to fall into the "Deere in the Headlights" glaze over.

03-07-17 03:19PM
rick8end
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Island Roger
Tough crowd. What ever happened to "Win as a team, lose as a team".

He's not the first skip to fall into the "Deere in the Headlights" glaze over.

You should never 'skip as a team' when the 4th guy feels good about a shot. I actually think N.B. would have won had Kennedy stuck to his guns, especially in the 9th end. I feel bad for the guy; he didn't throw the shot he wanted to in 9 and then had a virtually impossible draw in 10. I think it was less 'deer in the headlights' and more not going with his conviction as to which shots were best. I would add that I don't know the team dynamic. Maybe he wants to get a bunch of input.

Last edited by rick8end on 03-07-17 at 03:31PM

03-07-17 03:39PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Click here to Send guido a Private Message Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Drawmaster

At the start of the week I was hoping for Gushue.No longer. Understandably the newfies are Gushue fans. Not understandably they are not curling fans. This afternoon, Gushue not playing. Nobody in the stands.

03-07-17 05:31PM
Deucey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deucey Click here to Send Deucey a Private Message Find more posts by Deucey Add Deucey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deucey
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by guido
At the start of the week I was hoping for Gushue.No longer. Understandably the newfies are Gushue fans. Not understandably they are not curling fans. This afternoon, Gushue not playing. Nobody in the stands.

Maybe they're curling fans AND Brier Patch fans. They're just timing their Brier Patch excursions for when NL has the bye.

03-07-17 06:12PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

anyone that has ever bought a 10 day package with 22 games finds out very quickly - its way to much curling to watch and you cant give the tickets away

03-07-17 06:50PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

tonights draw features the big guns

ummmm .mr cameraman .. nothing much more boring than watching a rock running in the ice - please zoom out and show the hog line, then the house and the guards
thx

03-07-17 08:32PM
dinorock2005 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dinorock2005 Click here to Send dinorock2005 a Private Message Find more posts by dinorock2005 Add dinorock2005 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dinorock2005
Super Rockchucker

A five ender for Saskatchewan over Ontario.
The most excitement in Redneck Flats since....man, I can't remember...some Grey Cup some time ago.

03-07-17 09:05PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

I really respect all that Glen Howard has done for curling,
But it is painful to watch what is happening to his team this week,

03-07-17 09:17PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Its always sad to see a great man broken - but Old Glenny has nothing to be ashamed of.

For years The Howard Brothers dominated the curling world.

Truly living up to my definition of "curling monsters".

Glen can still make virtually every shot in the book - but his frequency of completion has dropped a tad. And in this business "a tad" can mean a 2 or 3 win Brier.

He was efficient and erstwhile enough to slide by the flamboyant John Epping in Ontario - after he made his way into the Ontario playdowns by the skin of his teeth.

Missing a vital cog named Middaugh certainly did not make things easier.

Do not feel sad for this proud curler. For he has built as solid a curling foundation as there will ever exist.

Bravo Old Glenny - Bravo

Take your final bows over the next few days in St. Johns.

03-07-17 09:29PM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

rub of the green - he lost 3 games by 1/2 inch = 1.5 " total

1/2 a shot in each game and he is in playoffs

nice draw to pot for botcher - future champion

jacobs last shot to backline - not one newfie laid a brush to it after it hit the T

- it stops to lie two and gushue gases one - those 4 make 100 worst plays for nxt 25 years

Last edited by fresca on 03-07-17 at 09:39PM

03-07-17 11:31PM
Maritime99 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Maritime99 Click here to Send Maritime99 a Private Message Find more posts by Maritime99 Add Maritime99 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Maritime99
Harvey Hacksmasher

Fresca, maybe you should learn the rules of curling..........only one of two players is allowed to sweep an opposition stone behind the T Line so your comment that "those 4 make 100 worst plays for the next 25 years" is idiotic!!!!

03-08-17 08:57AM
fresca
Super Rockchucker

second last rock in a brier game that potentially ties game in 10th - subject to gas by skip with last rock .... should be swept by someone

it went thru anyway - was just teasing - but thanks for the post - its like scoring an 8 ender to get a comment on here ... where are you from in the maritimes ? maybe we are related ?

03-08-17 08:58AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by decade

He must have peaked at Provincials or the rest of the teams including Epping were really bad! To be fair to Glenn his team is not helping him out.

And I think we won't see Middaugh curling again - he had a second surgery yesterday.

03-08-17 10:09AM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Swing Artist

My understanding is that Epping had two "Epping"collapses( ala Atlanta Falcons) which allowed Glen in when really it wasn't earned. He may wish he'd lost to John.

03-08-17 10:09AM
Ajay
Swing Artist

My understanding is that Epping had two "Epping"collapses( ala Atlanta Falcons) which allowed Glen in when really it wasn't earned. He may wish he'd lost to John.

03-08-17 10:23AM
newbroom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for newbroom Click here to Send newbroom a Private Message Find more posts by newbroom Add newbroom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
newbroom
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by decade

Glenn has a very capable third sitting on the bench, tough to ask Richy sit out a game or two but???