Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 3 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 |   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-12-16 11:18AM
courtneyshaw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for courtneyshaw Click here to Send courtneyshaw a Private Message Find more posts by courtneyshaw Add courtneyshaw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
courtneyshaw
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by youngen

Representation for Club's should have nothing to do with the state's curling population or the number of clubs it has. If Granite can field nearly as many teams for the Washington State Playdown as other states do, then why does it matter? They had 5 this year. MN had only 7 with 3 from the entire Mpls/St. Paul area. The number of clubs in an area has NOTHING to do with the number of competitive curlers in the area that are interested in playing Club Nationals.

I would argue that the fact that there is only one club in the Washington region and no one has to travel to play down is the reason they always have a decent number of teams.

The last time Potomac hosted club play downs, I believe we had 4 home teams... and we have HALF the membership of the Granite.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-12-16 11:20AM
courtneyshaw is offline Click Here to See the Profile for courtneyshaw Click here to Send courtneyshaw a Private Message Find more posts by courtneyshaw Add courtneyshaw to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
courtneyshaw
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by tuck
Hhhummm...team didn't exactly dance through the GNCC playdown...now they've lost their skip?

I have a lot of respect for Steph. Won this shooting for Karst. I'm losing faith. I may not be married to Courtney, but I once cornered her in the dingy basement of the world's best curling bar (The Extra End...curling house laid into the floor by the pool table). I, too, have the bruises to prove it.

I need to review and rethink. I'm now leaning towards Schmoose for silver. It even has a nice ring to it. I should be above jesting about peoples' names, but misspelling names is kind of a theme with me.

Ben Tucker

I would go back to that basement with you anytime Tuck! I definitely need to come back to Grafton.

02-15-16 03:51PM
irvinm1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for irvinm1 Find more posts by irvinm1 Add irvinm1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
irvinm1
Harvey Hacksmasher

Haven't posted here in a few years, here's the team's self-seedings:
Seeding
1 Nunberg MN Reiser ND1
2 Wright IL Bohlman ND2
3 Sather NY2 Wood CO
4 Messing NY1 Schmus WI
5 MossbergWI Deuhs MN
6 ShoesmitWA Erstad MD
7 PengillyND Konno WA
8 Kizlyk CO Smither OR
9 Moore OH Naso AZ
10 Smoltz OR Garrity MI

Last edited by irvinm1 on 02-15-16 at 03:54PM

02-15-16 05:39PM
averagecurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for averagecurler Click here to Send averagecurler a Private Message Find more posts by averagecurler Add averagecurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
averagecurler
Harvey Hacksmasher

Seedings are a good indicator but they're not everything. Last year the Michigan team was seeded ninth and took home the silver, which was the first ever clubs medal for the GLCA.

02-15-16 10:58PM
mtrocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mtrocks Click here to Send mtrocks a Private Message Find more posts by mtrocks Add mtrocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mtrocks
Knee-Slider

Sweeping

How do you regard directional sweeping as of now? Is 45 degree sweeping okay? Hardline? Hair? On a scale of 1-10, where 10 is cheating and 1 is using every legal option to your advantage...where do you land? Does it change your opinion if we are talking about Clubs relative to Nationals relative to the Brier? I'm curious what the popular opinion is.

02-15-16 11:02PM
SmokeyJoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SmokeyJoe Find more posts by SmokeyJoe Add SmokeyJoe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SmokeyJoe
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by biterbar

I totally disagree. Here is a map of the clubs.

http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Curling/...Find-a-Club/Map

I think those areas growing and promoting curling at the grassroots and club level need to be rewarded for their efforts. Clubs is a big thing for "club" curlers. I'm not sure giving one club a representative every year gives justice to the 164 other clubs vying for 9 spots. These members didn't poop on anyone, they are just looking for a fair opportunity to compete. I don't like the concept of giving regions multiple spots so their top two make it in, but maybe a GNCC North and South. Make it regional cutting travel for the first play down. Putting Seattle with Oregon and Northern California might be a start.

We have a saying in Cheese land that two wrongs don't make a right, maybe you've heard of it.

I like the direction that you're going in biterbar. Let's take it a few steps further. Teams that are interested in participating in the Club Nationals should be required to participate in a Club Combine before the season begins. A committee will select four teams (including one junior club team) for Club Nationals. Those teams will be provided with funding to compete on the WCT (World Club Tour). The teams that were selected by the committee will be required to be members of several clubs because the committee may switch players from one team to another. Other teams will be required to compete in a Club Challenge Round for the remaining six spots.

"In case you can't tell, I'm being sarcastic" - Homer J. Simpson 1991

02-15-16 11:32PM
SmokeyJoe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SmokeyJoe Find more posts by SmokeyJoe Add SmokeyJoe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SmokeyJoe
Hitting Paint

Re: Sweeping

quote:
Originally posted by mtrocks
How do you regard directional sweeping as of now? Is 45 degree sweeping okay? Hardline? Hair? On a scale of 1-10, where 10 is cheating and 1 is using every legal option to your advantage...where do you land? Does it change your opinion if we are talking about Clubs relative to Nationals relative to the Brier? I'm curious what the popular opinion is.

This year, the Canadian Junior Mens Championship was won by Team Dunstone from Manitoba. They used directional sweeping with hair brooms at 45 degree angles. Sound familiar?

They followed this up with an impressive run through the Manitoba Mens Championship. They came within one game of qualifying for the Brier, losing in the final to Team McEwen (congratulations to Team McEwen for earning the right to represent Manitoba).

Personally, I think the physics of how rocks interact with the ice are not perfectly understood. If innovative sweeping techniques can be developed, then I'm all for it. When the person throwing the rock hands it over to the sweepers to complete the shot, this is one of the aspects of the sport that I appreciate.

02-29-16 04:52PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

OK, time to set aside redrawing the curling map and probing the physics of Directional Sweeping. Time to make your picks and place your bets.

I'm all about Shoesmith in the Club Men's. Moore just might drink his way out of it. Yes, Shoe only got second in Washington...but second in Washington could get it done here. Washington owns this event. Moore gets silver.

Rieser in the Women's. Schmoose for silver. If she beat The Angry Bird once long ago, she can get to the Finals. True, most of Wisconsin and all of Maryland can make the same claim, but this feels different.

So GO SHOESMITH!. Let me down and I'll have Ken Trask directional sweep your pubic hair. I mean it. No screwing around. Seattle needs this. If you don't win I'll find the kid that ran his car into the Granite Club and have him run over you. Continue Washinton's dominance in this event, damnit, or I'll have Brady poop in your locker. Make me look smart, Shoe.

Ben Tucker

02-29-16 05:04PM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by tuck
OK, time to set aside redrawing the curling map and probing the physics of Directional Sweeping. Time to make your picks and place your bets.

I'm all about Shoesmith in the Club Men's. Moore just might drink his way out of it. Yes, Shoe only got second in Washington...but second in Washington could get it done here. Washington owns this event. Moore gets silver.

Rieser in the Women's. Schmoose for silver. If she beat The Angry Bird once long ago, she can get to the Finals. True, most of Wisconsin and all of Maryland can make the same claim, but this feels different.

So GO SHOESMITH!. Let me down and I'll have Ken Trask directional sweep your pubic hair. I mean it. No screwing around. Seattle needs this. If you don't win I'll find the kid that ran his car into the Granite Club and have him run over you. Continue Washinton's dominance in this event, damnit, or I'll have Brady poop in your locker. Make me look smart, Shoe.

Ben Tucker

Now that's some funny sh**! Will Ken be doing that grooming with a hair brush or a Synthetic? Brady with another type of "deuce".

You know I have to take Mossberg from Superior for the Gold. Pick a GNCC team for second and Minnesota, the top seed, for the Bronze beating Wright from Illinois.

As for the women, Schmoose can't lose! She takes Reiser in the final and Steph Erstad GNCC (Formerly of Wisconsin) takes the bronze.

02-29-16 05:07PM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe

I like the direction that you're going in biterbar. Let's take it a few steps further. Teams that are interested in participating in the Club Nationals should be required to participate in a Club Combine before the season begins. A committee will select four teams (including one junior club team) for Club Nationals. Those teams will be provided with funding to compete on the WCT (World Club Tour). The teams that were selected by the committee will be required to be members of several clubs because the committee may switch players from one team to another. Other teams will be required to compete in a Club Challenge Round for the remaining six spots.

"In case you can't tell, I'm being sarcastic" - Homer J. Simpson 1991

Nicely done, SmokeyJoe

03-04-16 05:39PM
mtrocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mtrocks Click here to Send mtrocks a Private Message Find more posts by mtrocks Add mtrocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mtrocks
Knee-Slider

Web streaming

I heard there will be streaming. Anyone have a link?

03-04-16 07:52PM
TJNCJ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TJNCJ Click here to Send TJNCJ a Private Message Find more posts by TJNCJ Add TJNCJ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TJNCJ
Swing Artist

Re: Web streaming

quote:
Originally posted by mtrocks
I heard there will be streaming. Anyone have a link?

www.capitalcurlingclub.org/club-nationals.html

This will give you the link to the stream.

Rooting for Team Mossberger from Superior !!!

03-05-16 03:25PM
rbi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rbi Click here to Send rbi a Private Message Find more posts by rbi Add rbi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rbi
Hitting Paint

Here is the direct link to the youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gqj0ZlwhSA

Warning: it is not a very satisfying web stream experience.

03-06-16 11:24PM
bcpatrick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bcpatrick Click here to Send bcpatrick a Private Message Visit bcpatrick's homepage! Find more posts by bcpatrick Add bcpatrick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bcpatrick
Harvey Hacksmasher

Club Nationals

I'm with Bruce Irvin... I'm picking the dark horse Smoltz team to medal

03-07-16 09:19AM
biterbar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for biterbar Click here to Send biterbar a Private Message Find more posts by biterbar Add biterbar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
biterbar
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by rbi
Here is the direct link to the youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gqj0ZlwhSA

Warning: it is not a very satisfying web stream experience.

The camera view changed during the broadcast this a.m. I assume there was a setting mistakenly changed earlier and it was corrected this morning?

A much more satisfying view.

03-07-16 09:37AM
Grux is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grux Click here to Send Grux a Private Message Find more posts by Grux Add Grux to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grux
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by biterbar

The camera view changed during the broadcast this a.m. I assume there was a setting mistakenly changed earlier and it was corrected this morning?

A much more satisfying view.

MUCH better! If they zoom it out just a touch, we could see the sheets to the side pretty clearly as well. BUT, beggars can't be choosers. I'll take it!

03-07-16 10:10AM
melvin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for melvin Click here to Send melvin a Private Message Find more posts by melvin Add melvin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
melvin
Harvey Hacksmasher

yes WAY better view. that fisheye view did weird things to your head.

03-11-16 09:54AM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

I'm guessing the draw schedule on here for the last women's draw is incorrect and it's really Arizona vs Wisconsin as oppoed to Michigan (who has already played 9 games...including one vs Arizona...whereas Wisconsin has only played 8 and not one against Arizona)?

03-11-16 11:18AM
biterbar
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by AlanMacNeill
I'm guessing the draw schedule on here for the last women's draw is incorrect and it's really Arizona vs Wisconsin as oppoed to Michigan (who has already played 9 games...including one vs Arizona...whereas Wisconsin has only played 8 and not one against Arizona)?

You must be correct on that one.

Arizona loses and they will need to play Maryland in a TB. Schmus has been a juggernaut seeded number one and will play Arizona or Maryland depending how this last game plays out. North Dakota and Washington fill out the 2-3 game.

Eighth seeded Colorado comes out of the round robin as number 1 seed on the men's side. They will face New York 2 and Illinois will face Minnesota.

Looks like a great playoffs on both counts.

03-12-16 03:53AM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

Looks like a couple of good games in Mens Club semis. Can anyone provide some detail about final ends [looking for more info than scores that are posted on CZ]