Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-09-16 07:03PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

Scottie's 2016

article on the teams as rated - TSN

http://www.tsn.ca/unfamiliar-field-...otties-1.429585

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-09-16 08:15PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

i just cant believe they are rating einarson ahead of mccarville.i mean kerri has a strong team but krista has been one of the hottest teams on tour and has the experience.

i'd have mccarville as 3rd favorite behind jones and carey. and clearly that article doesnt pay that close attention because while most of their wins came in smaller events they beat a lot of good teams to win in saskatoon

i also disagree about Karla Thompson being the favorite to get out of qualifying round. to me kerry galusha is the favorite. tons of experience and never someone you can overlook

Last edited by misty1 on 02-09-16 at 08:19PM

02-09-16 08:31PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

Brandon sun editorial

http://www.brandonsun.com/opinion/t...8251.html?thx=y

Brandon Sun - PRINT EDITION
Top teams should be at Scotties, Brier
By: Uncredited
Tuesday, Feb. 9, 2016 | Comments: 0
PRINT EMAIL REPORT ERROR
John Epping wont be there.
Neither will at least one of Reid Carruthers and Mike McEwen.
Rachel Homan is out. And shell be joined around the television set by Val Sweeting and Stefanie Lawton.
When the greatest annual curling championships take place, some of the best teams in Canada scratch that, the world wont be there.
And that needs to change.
The Scotties Tournament of Hearts will run Feb. 20-28. It is the premier curling event for women in the country.
Manitobas Kerri Einarson, New Brunswicks Sylvie Robichaud, Stacie Curtis of Newfoundland and Labrador and Ontarios Jenn Hanna secured berths to the championship in Grande Prairie, Alta.
They join Saskatchewans Jolene Campbell, Quebecs Marie-France Larouche, Northern Ontarios Krista McCarville, Nova Scotias Jill Brothers, Albertas Chelsea Carey, Suzanne Birt of Prince Edward Island, Yukons Nicole Baldwin and defending champion Jennifer Jones, whose Winnipeg team will play as Team Canada.
Kerry Galusha of the Northwest Territories, Nunavuts Geneva Chislett and B.C.s Karla Thompson will play in a pre-qualifying tournament in the two days leading up to the Scotties. One team will advance to the main draw to round out the field.
The truth is, however, only four teams maybe five  have a realistic chance of winning.
Ontarios Homan, who isnt there, had a chance. So did Albertas Sweeting. And if everything broke her way, Saskatchewans Lawton could have won it all, too.
Unfortunately, curling fans wont get to see Homans team the worlds top-ranked womens team, according to the World Curling Tour due to the archaic qualifying system in place for the Scotties.
Only one team from each region generally one per province qualify for the championship. The two exceptions are if the defending champion happens to be in your province and Ontario, which is split into two regions with two berths available.
Thats it, though. And that means every year some of the best curlers in the world arent at the Scotties.
Homan is one of the most exciting young curlers the sport has seen in decades. Her last-shot abilities are rivalled only by Jones and she often whips crowds into a frenzy with her final stone.
Homan is the best in the world. Some people in these parts might suggest Jones holds that honour, but they would only be fooling themselves.
Sweeting is ranked third in the world. Lawton is all the way down the list at 18, although her team is ranked 10th in Canada. Again, neither of those two elite teams will be there.
On the mens side, the draw isnt set as teams still jockey to try to punch a ticket to the Brier, but we already know Epping wont be in Ottawa from March 3-13.
Epping, whose team is ranked eighth in the world, lost to Glenn Howard in a nail-biter in the final of the Ontario Tankard on Sunday that will see Howard stretch his record for the most games played at the national championship. Howard made an angle double-raise takeout to score a game-winning deuce in the 10th end to edge Epping 6-5.
We dont know about you, but wed much rather watch that matchup at the Brier than a couple of the snoozers that will take place when Howard rolls through Nova Scotia or the Yukon.
Jamie Koe of the Northwest Territories will make his 10th appearance at the Brier. And while its fun to follow his debauchery on Twitter, which includes a lot of
after-hours photos from The Patch, hell need to drink a lot of beer to find a horseshoe big enough for him to qualify for the playoffs.
The truth is Koe shouldnt be there. Curling has passed him by.
Or maybe, for the traditionalists who like the regional qualifiers, he should be there. But Epping deserves to be there, too.
So does McEwen, whose team has been ranked as the best in the world for two years running, but hasnt been to a Brier. Either McEwen or fellow Manitoban Carruthers, ranked fifth in the world, wont be at the championship. Heck, if things really go south, neither of them could be there.
In 2018, all 14 regions will send a team to the Brier and Scotties, according to a Curling Canada press release.
More interesting, however, is a line in that release that states ... with the potential of adding other teams with pre-qualified status.
While its not exactly sure what that means, hopefully it means no team ranked in the Top 10 in the world can miss the Scotties or the Brier.
It seems to be a compromise that satisfies both the traditionalists, who want to see 14 teams qualify out of regions, while appeasing fans who just want to see the sport played at the highest level.
The change cant come soon enough in our mind as its long overdue that the best curlers in the world are at the best curling events in the world.
Republished from the Brandon Sun print edition February 9, 2016

Last edited by CURLER1 on 02-09-16 at 09:15PM

02-09-16 08:43PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

all i did was read the first couple lines(because imnot subscribing to see the whole thing) and i know i'd hate the article and disagree with everything said.

enough whining about certain teams not being there. every team that gets there deserves to be there.none of this "team a should be there" garbage. none of the curlers want the teams at the national championship decided another way.

as much as i wish john epping was going to be there i'll just cross my fingers for next year

02-09-16 09:16PM
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
all i did was read the first couple lines(because imnot subscribing to see the whole thing) and i know i'd hate the article and disagree with everything said.

enough whining about certain teams not being there. every team that gets there deserves to be there.none of this "team a should be there" garbage. none of the curlers want the teams at the national championship decided another way.

as much as i wish john epping was going to be there i'll just cross my fingers for next year

I copied and pasted the article, forgot the Brandon Sun was so cheap!

02-09-16 09:55PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Blah Blah Blah

Win your province and go to the show. Or go to relegation and go to the show. Everyone else shut up and win. EVERY province has 1-2 maybe at most 3 teams that will win. NO MORE. What makes this guy think Manitoba or any other province is so special? They have a 16-32 team provincial in which only 2 teams have a real chance of winning with an outside shot of a junior team winning that can't go anyway. No different than anywhere else in Canada. Same for Ontario, 2 teams, and not including last year 1 team named Howard for what 15 years?

Same for Alberta. 2-3 teams.

So what if your province has a few good teams. Join the rest and realize only one team goes to the Scotties or Brier. Scotties called, they have your tissues.

02-09-16 10:26PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

He also forgot to mention there's little difference between teams that can afford to travel and teams that actually do have to work instead of being full time curlers, can't buy their points and buy their rankings, but are still just as competitive as most. Very little difference in competitiveness in teams ranked 10-50, only budgets.

Last edited by IN-OFF-FOR-2 on 02-09-16 at 10:28PM

02-11-16 06:12PM
ShiningBowie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ShiningBowie Click here to Send ShiningBowie a Private Message Find more posts by ShiningBowie Add ShiningBowie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ShiningBowie
Harvey Hacksmasher

While I don't like the attitude with which the article from the Brandon Sun is laced I am oh so interested in the possibility of teams ranked 1-10 plus 14 regional qualifiers making it to national championships. Why not? It would clear up spots for some provincial faithfuls to get their time in the spot light, and it might actually encourage people who are teams 6-20 to really try to increase their ranking on tour and get up to that automatic qualifier. Again-- this is all wishful thinking from the teaser they suggested.