Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 15 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-01-17 08:27PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Stoner

De Cruz is only 1 year younger than Michel you know. But yeah, they might have a shot at getting into the gold medal match this time, they might be better than Michel, time will tell, I mean Edin had a bad Worlds last year, so who knows, but their 4th will certainly have to up his game, the rest of the team did do fairly well vs. Canada.

Canada has a tough first few draws, they are playing all the tough teams except for Norway in their 1st half.

yeah, i know but compare the 2

decruz has been superb, representing switzerland 5 times and medaling 5 times.

michel has represented switzerland in full team sport as skip 7 times and medaled twice. yes once was gold but most of his appearances as skip he finished either below or just at 500. he also has the worst ever performance for switzerland at an olympics.

to me decruz has far greater potential and i can see him winning a world championship at some point. michel ..i just dont see him winning aa worlds. he did well to win that euros but that i dont think he'll be winning much if anything else. i think he'll have a hard time getting out of switzerland anymore anyway with decruz, pfister and shwaller around.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-01-17 08:30PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Murdoch is too shaky for me and Walstad is on the rise clearly, Walstad could surprise everyone here like the Womens Swiss a few years back.

Italy has Germany's number, they've never lost to them, so that's why I went Italy, this German team won only 1 game at least year's Worlds too.

Edin's probably not losing to Liu.

US even though it was vs. Russia, still had a good game, the Swiss coming off a tough loss and their 4th not playing well are very vulnerable to lose again, US should take advantage.

yes, i agree about walstad. its all about how quickly they settle in for me. this is a very good young team . if they are comfortable from the start they'll be a dangerous team and can make playoffs. but first game on this stage..nerves could be a factor.and i dont know how much access they have had to arena ice. we'll see. like is aid before, wouldnt surprise me if they won either.

was not aware of the lopsided H2H the italians had over baumann.

04-01-17 08:32PM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by misty1

yeah, i know but compare the 2

decruz has been superb, representing switzerland 5 times and medaling 5 times.

michel has represented switzerland in full team sport as skip 7 times and medaled twice. yes once was gold but most of his appearances as skip he finished either below or just at 500. he also has the worst ever performance for switzerland at an olympics.

to me decruz has far greater potential and i can see him winning a world championship at some point. michel ..i just dont see him winning aa worlds. he did well to win that euros but that i dont think he'll be winning much if anything else. i think he'll have a hard time getting out of switzerland anymore anyway with decruz, pfister and shwaller around.

Well I said before that Pfister was on his team last year. But is Michel not even playing this year, cause it doesn't look like he is, did the Swiss federation cut him out or something?

04-01-17 08:34PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Well I said before that Pfister was on his team last year. But is Michel not even playing this year, cause it doesn't look like he is, did the Swiss federation cut him out or something?

michel actually played on florian meister's team in the swiss playdowns and they missed playoffs. think he threw second

04-01-17 08:38PM
Stoner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stoner Click here to Send Stoner a Private Message Find more posts by Stoner Add Stoner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:

michel actually played on florian meister's team in the swiss playdowns and they missed playoffs. think he threw second

So he's not skipping anymore, interesting.

04-01-17 08:43PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Too bad Timofeev did not get in for Russia, they are their best team.

04-01-17 08:47PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

So I wonder why Michel is not skipping anymore.

04-01-17 09:21PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Swiss off to a good start stealing 1.

04-01-17 10:10PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Norway up 5-2 now on the Scots.

Sweden smashing China 6-2.

Swiss and the US is close, Swiss lead 3-1.

04-01-17 10:14PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Doesn't appear to be any nerves for the Norwegians or trouble with ice.

04-01-17 10:23PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

quote:
Doesn't appear to be any nerves for the Norwegians or trouble with ice.

Yes, Scotland score 2, now Norway has to work on limiting the Scots scoring, cause both teams are scoring.

US only picks up 1 again, tight game there, but the US looks a bit more off than the Swiss right now.

04-01-17 10:32PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

China getting back in it with a steal of 2, nice.

04-01-17 10:36PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

US made a decent shot, but the Swiss still have a chance for 3.

04-01-17 10:38PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Schwarz messes up again giving a steal of 1 to the US.

04-01-17 10:53PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Swiss get a 2 pointer to give them a tiny bit of space, Sweden replies with 2 and restores their 4 point lead, Scotland steals 1.

Last edited by Stoner on 04-01-17 at 10:57PM

04-01-17 11:43PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Italy wins over Germany, so they both won't leave here winless at least, can Russia and the Dutch do the same.

04-01-17 11:49PM
Stoner
Drawmaster

Swiss beat the US not playing well, spottty game from both.

Sweden over China.

Norway a pretty good win over Scotland, except Scotland did steal on them.

3 for 4 on picks.

04-02-17 04:35AM
Stoner
Drawmaster

My picks for the next 2 draws: Japan, Canada. Sweden, Norway, Scotland, China.

04-02-17 08:31AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

really good win for norway yesterday. no sign of nerves or anything and they read the ice well. but what could be a really damaging loss for scotland. that was probably a match they should have won, in theory anyway.

switzerland manage to get the win, which was huge because with norway up next it doesnt get easier.

my picks for draws today:

japan ef. netherlands
canada def. russia

sweden def. germany
norway def. switzerland
scotland def. united states
china def. italy

china def. russia
canada def. sweden
norway def. netherlands
scotland def. japan

04-02-17 08:49AM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:
Too bad Timofeev did not get in for Russia, they are their best team.

It is the Timofeev team playing at the Worlds with Stukalskiy skipping the team.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

04-02-17 08:57AM
TNH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TNH Click here to Send TNH a Private Message Find more posts by TNH Add TNH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TNH
Hitting Paint

Really appreciated Kevin Martin's commentary last night during the US-Switz game! Very understated - no need to fill the air with his voice - and cool to hear him point out the opportunity in each position. Well done.

04-02-17 11:41AM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

Russian skip blunders his chance of getting one

in the second end instead giving a steal of 4 to Gushue. Is it reading the ice poorly or just executing a shot with the wrong weight? ....REason why Canada is on top of their game sofar....tough hole to be in for Russia behind six in the score dept . Can they manage to come back on a tough Canada rink? Only a complete mental collapse from Gushue and company I highly doubt it

04-02-17 11:58AM
trellaine is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trellaine Click here to Send trellaine a Private Message Find more posts by trellaine Add trellaine to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
trellaine
Knee-Slider

Question Where are these teams?

Hmmm what happenned to Team Denmark? What happened to Ulsrood? Norway? Denmark was in the finals last year weren't they?

And does Korea have a men's team?

Thanks

04-02-17 12:18PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

In the past there have been frequent times where fans complained about accessing coverage of game. I find it interesting that right now I'm watching Canada game on tv, Japan game and women's game at Perth on livestream.

04-02-17 12:30PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Re: Where are these teams?

quote:
Originally posted by trellaine
Hmmm what happenned to Team Denmark? What happened to Ulsrood? Norway? Denmark was in the finals last year weren't they?

And does Korea have a men's team?

Thanks

Denmark poor performance at the Euros
Norway 2nd at the Nationals
Korea close but no cigar at the Pacifics