Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 10 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-19-17 10:08AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

great win for the czech republic to go 3-0.

but what a finish. great draw by kubeskova. then wang makes a great shot to sit 2 on her last. then kubeskova's last was as dramatic as it gets. if it curls about another inch it rolls to far and china steals the win.

we'll see if the czech republic can keep this hart start up. pleasant early story though

china 0-3 . im guessing 4 losses will be the cutoff so they are already back againmst the wall

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-19-17 10:14AM
johnnysmoke is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnnysmoke Click here to Send johnnysmoke a Private Message Find more posts by johnnysmoke Add johnnysmoke to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnnysmoke
Drawmaster

The Czech team looks surprisingly competent in the EE game against China. The third for Czech Rep is a cracker playing lights out. If the skip can match her on clutch shots like today, they may be in the playoff hunt.

03-19-17 11:22AM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

For the record on the overhead cameras:
The arena has two per side to cover the houses, mounted in tracks so they can be moved from sheet-to-sheet, but that means they can get coverage on, at best, only two of the four matches at any one time.

Yesterday I was saying it looked like they had one for every house, but watching today I was able to see the cameras and the tracks during a long break where they showed a long shot of the whole arena.

On the Sidorova final shot violation; I recall seeing her doing something similar in a match at the Sochi Olympics, though I don't think that was on her last shot that time.

And hooray for Scotland bouncing back!

03-19-17 12:04PM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

agree that the Czech skip has been a fire cracker start to the worlds

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
great win for the czech republic to go 3-0.

but what a finish. great draw by kubeskova. then wang makes a great shot to sit 2 on her last. then kubeskova's last was as dramatic as it gets. if it curls about another inch it rolls to far and china steals the win.

we'll see if the czech republic can keep this hart start up. pleasant early story though

china 0-3 . im guessing 4 losses will be the cutoff so they are already back againmst the wall

the week has hardly started for most teams some as those czechs have been good enough to escape with three wins already, surprisingly not expected but I am sure some more will lie ahead ....Homan has to take them Americans from Madison Wis. very serious because nothing would give them more a boost than to beat the Canucks

03-19-17 04:32PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

Re: yep same here stayed up until yawn 6:00am

quote:
Originally posted by sternwheeler
Russia's Sidorova had a bad break in the extra end and her rock was disallowed due to hand being on stone at time of release BAD luck
A pick, or a burned rock, is a bad break. I don't consider a hog line violation a bad break - I call it against the rules.

03-19-17 06:48PM
sw4cz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sw4cz Click here to Send sw4cz a Private Message Find more posts by sw4cz Add sw4cz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sw4cz
Knee-Slider

Re: STRATEGY QUESTION?

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
After Anna violated the hog-line Homan had a fairly routine in-turn chip shot to eliminate the Russian counter and score the winning point (her 2nd shot).

So why did Rachel chose to play that 5 ft. short angle-double to score?

Was it actually easier? Or was she dumping in her in turns that badly so that the chip shot was ruled out? All she needed was 1/16 to 1/2 the exposed Russian stone and almost 50% of the stone was exposed.

Vs. Englot she was making those chips all night long. So what changed her today? Ice conditions? Faulty release tendencies? Puzzling ice?

I think, if you look at the angles, Rachel had quite a bit of room for error on the high side in the double run-back. She could see pretty much all of the front stone, and could keep it pretty straight with a bit more weight.

Picking out the shot yellow with any weight would risk floating it out, and less weight would have had less certain amount of curl.

Rachel had already mentioned on an earlier down weight shot that it curled more than she expected. So I wasn't surprised to see the double run back.

"Be kind"

Last edited by sw4cz on 03-19-17 at 06:54PM

03-19-17 09:27PM
ngm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ngm Click here to Send ngm a Private Message Find more posts by ngm Add ngm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ngm
Swing Artist

Emma Miskew touched a Canada stone just before it hit a USA stone, which would have then hit another USA stone, and immediately declared her violation of the rules.

Rachel Homan then immediately stopped the first USA stone from touching the second USA stone.

While well-meaning, Homan should not have done this. She should have allowed all the stones to come to rest and allowed the USA to choose from the usual three options in such cases.

03-19-17 10:21PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Agreed

quote:
Originally posted by ngm
Emma Miskew touched a Canada stone just before it hit a USA stone, which would have then hit another USA stone, and immediately declared her violation of the rules.

Rachel Homan then immediately stopped the first USA stone from touching the second USA stone.

While well-meaning, Homan should not have done this. She should have allowed all the stones to come to rest and allowed the USA to choose from the usual three options in such cases.

After the hog line don't touch it and let the rocks come to a rest. Then the non offending teams can place the rocks where they see fit, or let them stand or just remove the burned rock. I think she meant well but it's really funny how MOST teams don't know the rules. Nice she did straight away say i burned that rock, rather than European high fives.

Last edited by IN-OFF-FOR-2 on 03-19-17 at 10:28PM

03-19-17 10:43PM
Three is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Three Click here to Send Three a Private Message Find more posts by Three Add Three to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Three
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlky
For the people upset with TSN coverage, I have a question an in uninformed AMerican. Is the NCAA basketball tournament big in Canada. In the US, that tournament is huge, and ESPN has not rights to it. But since they know everyone will only be watching basketball, they dont spend much money to show anything that will be guaranteed to have no ratings.

In Canada TSN has the rights and is on all the channels all day. You can watch four different games on four different TSN channels. Only particularly popular with the male 15 to 29 crowd, hockey still crushes it.

03-19-17 11:39PM
sw4cz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sw4cz Click here to Send sw4cz a Private Message Find more posts by sw4cz Add sw4cz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sw4cz
Knee-Slider

Re: Agreed

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

After the hog line don't touch it and let the rocks come to a rest. Then the non offending teams can place the rocks where they see fit, or let them stand or just remove the burned rock. I think she meant well but it's really funny how MOST teams don't know the rules. Nice she did straight away say i burned that rock, rather than European high fives.

Interesting. I wonder if the officials would have caught that and said anything to them.

Do you think there would have been any material difference in results for the end if they had followed the rule?

"Be kind"

03-20-17 12:54AM
Three is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Three Click here to Send Three a Private Message Find more posts by Three Add Three to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Three
Swing Artist

quote:
Paetz has been on a hot streak since stifling the biggest stifler in the ladies game - Bini Feltscher to win Switzerland.

More pure fiction from the one with a terminal case of diarrhea of the keyboard. Since Paetz hasn't played any event since the Swiss Nationals I would love to know what this 'hot streak' consists of.

Unless you count shooting in the 70's and running up a 3-0 record against teams that are a combined 1-10 a 'hot streak', lol.

Last edited by Three on 03-20-17 at 01:08AM

03-20-17 01:39AM
maybo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maybo Visit maybo's homepage! Find more posts by maybo Add maybo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maybo
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by Three

In Canada TSN has the rights and is on all the channels all day. You can watch four different games on four different TSN channels. Only particularly popular with the male 15 to 29 crowd, hockey still crushes it.

Regional, too. Huge in Toronto, where office brackets are very common. Border cities, too. Not sure about the rest of Canada...

03-20-17 07:19AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

More pure fiction from the one with a terminal case of diarrhea of the keyboard. Since Paetz hasn't played any event since the Swiss Nationals I would love to know what this 'hot streak' consists of.

Unless you count shooting in the 70's and running up a 3-0 record against teams that are a combined 1-10 a 'hot streak', lol.

I think he speaks of he 2017 in general in which , if we include the Swiss Nationals she has made 3 finals, won 2 titles and her other results was a semi.

03-20-17 08:29AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Re: Agreed

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2

I'm surprised by the lack of knowledge of burnt rock rules...maybe the WCF should review them at the team meeting then give a one page info sheet to the coaches/psychologists.

Why is Elaine Dagg-Jackson there? Surely she knows the rules. Anyway good for Canada to be honest about it unlike certain European teams.

03-20-17 08:46AM
ngm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ngm Click here to Send ngm a Private Message Find more posts by ngm Add ngm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ngm
Swing Artist

Re: Re: Agreed

quote:
Originally posted by sw4cz

Interesting. I wonder if the officials would have caught that and said anything to them.

Do you think there would have been any material difference in results for the end if they had followed the rule?

Probably not. I think USA would have returned all the stones to their original positions anyway, in this case.

03-20-17 09:19AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

switzerland done a pretty good job of getting back into it after giving up the steal. getting a 2 and a steal.

alina should have played the easy angle raise for the 1 in 5. would have kept things close . you gotta commend switzerland for clawing their way back. its not often after rachel gets that far ahead that a game stays interesting

Last edited by misty1 on 03-20-17 at 09:29AM

03-20-17 09:34AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

muirhead down to sweden isnt looking good for her.

my original fina 4 pick was canada, scotland, sweden and china

im gonna change that to canada, sweden , switzerland and russia

why?

scotland has a tough schedule ahead and will be on 2 losses already. they've yet to play canada, switzerland, south korea and china. they should be 2-2 going 2-3. just havent looked convincing. im not sure the glenn howard experiment has worked out well

russia on the other hand has gotten scotland, canada and switzerland out of the way early. yes they are on 3 losses now but look at who's left:

germany
italy
denmark
united states
sweden
china

in that group they are heavy favorites over everyone except sweden. they should be able to go 5-1 in this stretch and finish 7-4

switzerland has tough games left but because of their great start they should still finish no worse than 7-4 , my prediction is 8-3

sweden will probably take 2nd at 9-2 or 10-1

canada i think will finish somewhere between 11-0 and 9-2

scotland im thinking at this point, unless they pick up their level drastically will finish around 6-5 or 5-6

czech republic's last 6 games are brutal, with all the top teamed to come. i'd be stunned if they pade the playoffs or even fnished above 500

china doesnt have a terrible schedule through the back half. scotland and sweden are the only games where they wont be favorites, of course they'll need to win both to stay alive but i am not sure they can. they've been surprisingly poor

germany and the united states basically can afford just 1 more loss each but they both have the benefit of having most of the top teams out of the way. they still play each other through so both cant make it

Last edited by misty1 on 03-20-17 at 09:45AM

03-20-17 09:50AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

tomorrow is make or break for muirhead. she's got south korea and canada. she has had a really hard time with kim in the past(think her record is something like 1-5) and canada. if she cant win at least one she's not making playoffs i dont think. if she goes 2-0 then obviously her chances at even the 1 v.s 2 game go up dramatically. but 0-2 basically pouts her back against the wall with switzerland and china to come.

looking at how they are playing i think rachel will polish her off fairly easily. so she needs the win against kim

03-20-17 11:40AM
sternwheeler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sternwheeler Click here to Send sternwheeler a Private Message Find more posts by sternwheeler Add sternwheeler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sternwheeler
Swing Artist

if the Russian's want to keep pace they will

quote:
Wow - musta missed things on the overnite shift but Paetz rough-housed Anna's Russians 12-7, including a 5-bomb.

Pretty much putting a stopper on Russia's playoff hopes and adding credence to Moisseva soon being awarded the #1 Russian team spot.

Anna pretty much left a layin' - w/ 3 losses already she'll be playing maritime math, trying to win out - perhaps being a 4th place or tie-breaker cling-on.

But I bet she's glad she's NOT Lena Nielson, who's 0-5 and only playing for pride now!

have to beat Germany Monday night (no big deal right) clearly it is a must game for Sidorova , the surging Czech's have been slightly grounded with two loses, can they beat them Swedes? Homan and rink has to focus on jumping out early on the South Korean ladies , nothing is a gimme here

03-20-17 04:40PM
southerncurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for southerncurler Find more posts by southerncurler Add southerncurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
southerncurler
Swing Artist

Can someone fix the times for each draw on the scores page? They were correct when eastern time was not under daylight savings time but now they are all off an hour

03-20-17 09:20PM
Three
Swing Artist

Well, watching curling on TV sucks when the players are not mic'ed up.

For those complaining about the TSN announce team hope you enjoyed that horrendous first end of announcing. Made a boring end even more terrible to watch.

Glad they fixed the problem.

03-20-17 09:51PM
EPMD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for EPMD Find more posts by EPMD Add EPMD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
EPMD
Swing Artist

quote:
Well, watching curling on TV sucks when the players are not mic'ed up.

For those complaining about the TSN announce team hope you enjoyed that horrendous first end of announcing. Made a boring end even more terrible to watch.

Glad they fixed the problem.

To be fair, those announcers just read the player bios like they were reading off of Linkedin. I've heard local community cable announcers with more charisma.

03-20-17 10:17PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Mic'd up? We have our own commenters for Canadian consumption only, I assume with the tv and mic'g used by all countries. What irritates me the most (part of game) is having to listen to talking, shouting, screaming, screeching, singing, humming , squeeling in languages I don't understand , which in international play is pretty much every opponent.

03-20-17 10:34PM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Swing Artist

Here in the US it's on live right now on Universal HD. I've been able to hear the players throughout. They're carrying the Workd Curling TV announcer crew's call tonight (which includes Logan Grey, brother to Lauren Grey of Team Scotland).

03-20-17 11:36PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

South Korea has let Canada off the hook so many times I can't even count.

The skips last rock has come up light and over curled so many times I'm inclined to think she had a cutter and they never figured it out