Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-29-13 12:10PM
Wally Curler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wally Curler Click here to Send Wally Curler a Private Message Find more posts by Wally Curler Add Wally Curler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wally Curler
Harvey Hacksmasher

Vic Rauter

Vic Rauter. Some love him, some can't stand him. Count this guy in the former group.
http://hurryhardblog.blogspot.ca/20...mr-curling.html

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-29-13 01:29PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Yes, I like him too. He seems be a genuinely fine fellow. He might not posses all the knowledge of curling but he adds a lot of colour to Russ and Linda's broadcasts.

01-29-13 02:42PM
Curling fan is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curling fan Click here to Send Curling fan a Private Message Find more posts by Curling fan Add Curling fan to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Curling fan
Harvey Hacksmasher

I really like Vic,seems to always have a great attitude and I love that twinkle in his eyes,love the pre-game things too,that show us a little about the locations,culture,etc.

01-29-13 02:58PM
Wally Curler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wally Curler Click here to Send Wally Curler a Private Message Find more posts by Wally Curler Add Wally Curler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wally Curler
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Curling fan
I really like Vic,seems to always have a great attitude and I love that twinkle in his eyes,love the pre-game things too,that show us a little about the locations,culture,etc.

Exactly.

I love those pre-game segments where he tells us about the locations and culture. Sure, it's a bit corny, but I like them and the host communities probably appreciate the plug on TSN.

01-29-13 05:05PM
duct_tape is offline Click Here to See the Profile for duct_tape Click here to Send duct_tape a Private Message Find more posts by duct_tape Add duct_tape to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
duct_tape
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by albetts
Yes, I like him too. He seems be a genuinely fine fellow. He might not posses all the knowledge of curling but he adds a lot of colour to Russ and Linda's broadcasts.

Actually, Vic plays the "new guy" in the telecasts, to lob up softball questions to the "experts" in Russ and Linda.

He's covered curling for 20 years, and plays the game himself. He knows the game quite well.

Part of what makes him a great broadcaster is knowing what questions new viewers to the sport would ask. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen a broadcaster through any sport do it as well as Vic does.

01-31-13 06:55AM
Old_Timer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Old_Timer Click here to Send Old_Timer a Private Message Find more posts by Old_Timer Add Old_Timer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Old_Timer
Knee-Slider

Vic Rauter

My wife and I had the pleasure of spending a couple of hours with Vic at the top of a mountain during the 2010 Men's Worlds in Cortina. We had gone up the Funivia Faloria gondola lift to the restaurant and view point 2800 meters up the mountain. Vic was up there sightseeing. I introduced myself and the wife to him. He talked with us for quite some time and then asked us to join him for lunch which we did. Vic and I had a lot to talk about as we are both motorsports fanatics in the curling off season.

01-31-13 07:32PM
J-Ho is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J-Ho Click here to Send J-Ho a Private Message Find more posts by J-Ho Add J-Ho to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J-Ho
Super Rockchucker

Our club has the local cable TV station broadcast some of the men's club games. Vic has come a couple of times and volunteered his time to provide commentary to a couple of the games. He has conducted himself with pure class towards the club members and some lucky curlers can say they've had him commentate their game! He's aces in my book.

JH

02-02-13 02:17PM
newbroom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for newbroom Click here to Send newbroom a Private Message Find more posts by newbroom Add newbroom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
newbroom
Harvey Hacksmasher

Actually, Vic plays the "new guy" in the telecasts, to lob up softball questions to the "experts" in Russ and Linda.

He's covered curling for 20 years, and plays the game himself. He knows the game quite well.

Part of what makes him a great broadcaster is knowing what questions new viewers to the sport would ask. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen a broadcaster through any sport do it as well as Vic does. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well I appreciate Vic's role in relation to catering to "new curlers" but for others who watch the Vic, Russ & Linda show a lot the routine grows a bit stale and predictable. Linda seems to constantly natter on about what the player has done wrong.

I find it very refreshing to listen to the Mike & Rich show on Sportsnet. Less talk and still informative for new curlers.
IMHO.

02-11-13 10:46AM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

I agree the Vic, Linda and Russ show is getting tiresome.

Vic and Linda for STOH and Vic and Russ for the Brier would work better. Three people in that booth is a crowd.