Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 9 of 9 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 |   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
02-12-17 08:25PM
ott-am is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ott-am Click here to Send ott-am a Private Message Find more posts by ott-am Add ott-am to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ott-am
Swing Artist

I am watching that one, but I like to have a TV and computer game going at the same time.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

02-12-17 08:26PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

I get Shaw...Dean threw a great shot for a triple and got 2, Morris looking pouty...

02-12-17 08:26PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Getting Morris game on Shaw in Manitoba.

02-12-17 08:45PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

morris team looks off. communication lacking. joanisse has a good shot at the upset

02-12-17 09:01PM
Oly M. Pics is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Oly M. Pics Click here to Send Oly M. Pics a Private Message Find more posts by Oly M. Pics Add Oly M. Pics to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Oly M. Pics
Hitting Paint

If boetchers 3rd made as many shots as he has said sorry, the game would be over by now!!! They have him at 70%. More like 30

Last edited by Oly M. Pics on 02-12-17 at 09:10PM

02-12-17 09:29PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

Karrick Martin has been ignoring Botthcher and Mouldings begging him too sweep all game.. And for a young muscular guy he doesn't sweep very hard when he does

02-12-17 10:11PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Nice to see Kevin Martin back at the brier even as coach.

02-12-17 10:14PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Well, no upsets today , which , for me sucks. Everyone that was supposed to win won. Would have been nice to have a surprise winner.

Almost an exact copy of last year's Brier field .oh well

I'm more excited for the scotties, I can say that much. Maybe we will have a surprise winner or two next year . surprised are nice, new faces are nice...

02-12-17 10:18PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

Kevin martin just told Brendan Bottcher because he will be wearing the alberta blue and yellow that automatically makes him one of the favourites at the brier.. lol maybe in years past but not this year..Alberta will be lucky to win 5 games at this years brier... more likely 4 games

02-12-17 10:22PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Alberta also has Koe there.

02-12-17 10:46PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

4 favorites for the Brier are Canada, Manitoba, northern Ontario and Newfoundland .

Ontario and Quebec are the 2 biggest question marks. Both can still be brilliant. Glenn's shot making and decision-making aren't what they used to be and Menard is wildly inconsistent. However if both of them can catch fire for the week they can be in the playoffs picture.

Alberta and Saskatchewan are going teams but Saskatchewan has very experienced skip who has been there 5 years in a row. Both had the talent to get a fair amount of wins and can score upsets but I would b surprised if the made playoffs

British Columbia is the biggest threat to the top 4 . John and Jim together can be lights out and they should be able to Bea everyone outside the big 4.

Northwest territories, new Brunswick and the team that comes out of relegation will be battling to get wins during the week.

If I could take one team of the big 4 who might struggle a bit and miss the playoffs it would be koe. They have been shaky all year . at times great and at other times average. If there is anyone who might be vulnerable it's them .

Last edited by misty1 on 02-12-17 at 10:51PM

02-12-17 10:50PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Rock Your World
Kevin martin just told Brendan Bottcher because he will be wearing the alberta blue and yellow that automatically makes him one of the favourites at the brier.. lol maybe in years past but not this year..Alberta will be lucky to win 5 games at this years brier... more likely 4 games

Koe is NOT team Alberta, they are the farce Team Canada. Botcher is Team Alberta and yes they would be ONE of the favourites at the Brier. 6-9 teams have a great shot at making playoffs or tie break including Botcher. The old bear will be instrumental in matching rocks and helping the young lads with everything brier, on and off the ice to have them prepared.

My call is wishful thinking hometown Gushue wins it all.

02-13-17 08:08AM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

i find it kind of funny that a lot of people have jumped on john morris for playing for 3 provinces in the brier and jumping around teams and yet no one has said anything about adam casey having now played for 3 teams from 3 provinces in a 6 year span.

i dont have a problem with it myself but i guess there's a bit of a double standard there. or maybe people just dont like john morris and will use any reason to pick on him..i dont know.

02-13-17 09:51AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
If I could take one team of the big 4 who might struggle a bit and miss the playoffs it would be koe. They have been shaky all year . at times great and at other times average.

I agree with your analysis, Mist. I have watched and tracked Koe somewhat this season. Koe's silent-type, personality remains a mystery, but the other three are all business, the foursome, I imagine. I think there are distractions (like Cotter/Morris team) that crumble the team dynamic. Just because a curler has history, and a brand-name, it does not mean they add chemistry to the team. Chemistry is critical. I think Jacobs and McEwen know this, and yes Gushue has learned it. Howard has it. It does not WIN the game for you but it can affect it in a positive direction, whereas, lack of it means you are missing a tool in the kit. Not sure about Casey.

02-13-17 10:53AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Bottcher did very well considering he had to find a new vice only a few weeks ago! I think he will have a few Briers to his name in a few years.

He stayed very calm especially with the very excitable Moulding...good thing they have the "Old Bear" on board with them.

02-13-17 11:18AM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
morris team looks off. communication lacking. joanisse has a good shot at the upset

He did until the pick happened in the sixth end.

02-13-17 02:38PM
mikey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mikey Click here to Send mikey a Private Message Find more posts by mikey Add mikey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mikey
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Some really good coaches at the Brier - quite a bonus.

Old Bear Martin for Alberta.

Jonathan Mead for Manitoba.

Leonard Cohen doppleganger Earle Morris for BC.

Don't forget Jules Owchar. NL vs AB will be more interesting behind the scoreboard than on the ice.

02-13-17 02:43PM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick8end
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
Bottcher did very well considering he had to find a new vice only a few weeks ago! I think he will have a few Briers to his name in a few years.

He stayed very calm especially with the very excitable Moulding...good thing they have the "Old Bear" on board with them.

Martin is definitely going to have to teach him the drag effect more thoroughly though. Kevin explained where the rock had to be hit, and Brendan hit it in a different spot and was extremely surprised both rocks didn't go out of play. I was surprised that Martin knew where to hit it and Bottscher didn't. No biggie, but they'll work on that no doubt.

And yes, I agree Bottscher seemed very cool out there. I also liked the way in the extra end when Moulding asked 'Could I have a little less ice' and Bottscher immediately said 'sure'. I think they'll be in too tough in the Brier, but Bottcher will be a threat for years to come.

02-13-17 03:00PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

People keep saying how great it is that Mead is coaching McEwen but they did much better before he joined them.

02-13-17 04:06PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

true that they were more consistent on tour without mead but mead has lead them to their 2 most significant titles: the manitoba championship and im sure thats what counts to them. in fact thats probably what he was brought on to help them do. he knows what it takes to win at these events and thats what they needed.

and im calling it now, i think mcewen will win the brier this year. i want gushue to but i have a feeling mcewen will

02-14-17 01:42PM
propane_cooker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for propane_cooker Click here to Send propane_cooker a Private Message Find more posts by propane_cooker Add propane_cooker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
propane_cooker
Harvey Hacksmasher

Brier should be good!

I think the field for the Brier is looking pretty good. Would definitely agree that the top 4 teams are Newfoundland (Gushue), Northern Ontario (Jacobs), Manitoba (McEwen) and Canada (Koe). I bet Kevin Koe and his team really turn it on for the Brier. My prediction is (probably going to be wrong just like my MB playdown prediction):

Page Playoff
1.Newfoundland
2.Canada
3.Manitoba
4.N.Ontario

Semi
Canada
N.Ontario

Final
Newfoundland
Canada

Winner Newfoundland

Gushue's rink has really done well this year. I really think he will do it this year, especially with the hometown to back him. Hope the crowds are good. I could see BC slipping in there somewhere, maybe as a tie breaker or something. I doubt the young guns out of SK and AB will be able to do much this year. With a similar field as last year I would put Howard in the middle of the pack.

02-14-17 01:45PM
propane_cooker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for propane_cooker Click here to Send propane_cooker a Private Message Find more posts by propane_cooker Add propane_cooker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
propane_cooker
Harvey Hacksmasher

Obviously I would like to see Manitoba win the whole thing and that's who I'll be rooting for. With the year they are having I think they would really have to pick it up to win it though.

02-14-17 04:44PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by propane_cooker
Obviously I would like to see Manitoba win the whole thing and that's who I'll be rooting for. With the year they are having I think they would really have to pick it up to win it though.

i dont know. i agree they havent been great but i just for some reason have a feeling they will win this year. they looked like their old selves .

02-16-17 09:58AM
propane_cooker
Harvey Hacksmasher

Would love to see McEwen win. In my mind they have paid their dues and would be a good representative at the worlds (not that anyone asked me).