Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > 2015 Scotties Tournament of Hearts

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 22 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-17-15 11:38PM
nickelcity is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nickelcity Click here to Send nickelcity a Private Message Find more posts by nickelcity Add nickelcity to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nickelcity
Harvey Hacksmasher

2015 Scotties Tournament of Hearts

Teams in Relegation:
NO: Tracy Horgan
YT: Sarah Koltun
NT: Kerry Galusha
*NU: Hearing rumors that Nunavut withdrew from the tournament?

Teams qualified for the main event:
CA: Rachel Homan
BC:
AB:
SK:
MB:
ON:
QC: Lauren Mann
NB:
PE:
NS:
NL: Heather Strong
Relegation Qualifier:

Early Predictions:
I'm thinking Tracy Horgan should make it through relegation, they've had a great season so far and I believe they could make a push for a playoff spot by the end of the week.

Last edited by nickelcity on 01-18-15 at 12:27PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-18-15 03:32PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Nunavut will not be sending a team this year. They prefer to qualify for the Travellers. With the smaller number of curlers, the CCA needs to help them develop some curlers so they will enter.

01-18-15 03:46PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
Nunavut will not be sending a team this year. They prefer to qualify for the Travellers. With the smaller number of curlers, the CCA needs to help them develop some curlers so they will enter.

thats actually not good. The CCA decides to make room for team canada at the brier and the skip who would lead team canada wont even be there this year. They decide to make room for Nunavut and they decide not to send a team.

this is not starting well

01-18-15 04:29PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

I think from speaking with some of the mixed team, they felt they weren't ready the the level of competition at the Scotties.

01-19-15 09:06AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

Calm down. its not likely that jones, sweeting, middaugh and lawton/anderson all miss the scotties. odds are at least 2 of the 4 will get there.

If all 4 actually missed out that would be truly weird. i know some strange things and big upsets have been happening in playdowns and regionals so far but all on the mens side. the womens playdowns have been working out exactly the way people would have predicted

01-19-15 07:26PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Ontario will have 3 teams there no matter what so I don't really care about Middaugh - as Horgan and Homan are already in the draw.

If i read it correctly, Horgan will have to defeat Galusha in relegation to get to The Scotties.

01-20-15 02:58PM
NitDuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NitDuck Click here to Send NitDuck a Private Message Find more posts by NitDuck Add NitDuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NitDuck
Harvey Hacksmasher

Last week I posted my blog preview for the provincial championships that wrapped up over the weekend. Thank you to those who read it.

I have done the same this week, previewing all 7 provincial Scotties tournaments, including predictions on who could take home the titles.

#TwineTime The Scotties Are Coming

Feel free to read and share your thoughts. Enjoy the action...

01-21-15 01:00AM
Jimbobogie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jimbobogie Click here to Send Jimbobogie a Private Message Find more posts by Jimbobogie Add Jimbobogie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jimbobogie
Drawmaster

Wasn't this the reason that Team Canada was created in the first place? Because of the lack of interest in the women's competition, they figured that it would be a good thing to have one rink that they could rally around to build up interest in the following year's Scott's.

01-21-15 03:57PM
Jimbobogie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jimbobogie Click here to Send Jimbobogie a Private Message Find more posts by Jimbobogie Add Jimbobogie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jimbobogie
Drawmaster

So, here's the question of the day:

...but I'll start a new thread

01-21-15 07:24PM
Sasquatch is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sasquatch Click here to Send Sasquatch a Private Message Find more posts by Sasquatch Add Sasquatch to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sasquatch
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by NitDuck
Last week I posted my blog preview for the provincial championships that wrapped up over the weekend. Thank you to those who read it.

I have done the same this week, previewing all 7 provincial Scotties tournaments, including predictions on who could take home the titles.

#TwineTime The Scotties Are Coming

Feel free to read and share your thoughts. Enjoy the action...

Good analysis. I agree with most of your predictions.

I did notice an error in the Saskatchewan section of your blog though. Lawton has won her previous provincial titles in Assiniboia, Swift Current, and Tisdale. Not all in Saskatoon.

01-22-15 11:23AM
NitDuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for NitDuck Click here to Send NitDuck a Private Message Find more posts by NitDuck Add NitDuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
NitDuck
Harvey Hacksmasher

Good call, totally my bad. The better question should have been can she replicate her success in Assiniboia from 2005. I will have to go make an editors note on the blog for the misinformation. Thank you for catching this and thank you for taking time to read the blog.

Cheers

01-22-15 12:54PM
CurlingGeek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingGeek Click here to Send CurlingGeek a Private Message Visit CurlingGeek's homepage! Find more posts by CurlingGeek Add CurlingGeek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

Fans in Ontario are getting great coverage from Rogers TV for the Ontario Scotties. For those without the right cable package, or who are out of province, we're sharing as many games as we can from here: https://games.curlinggeek.com

Not sure what the broadcast situation is in other provinces, but any organizers who are interested in showing a few games on CurlingGeek can contact me at geek@curlinggeek.com

You'll need to supply a volunteer with a laptop. No charge for the software...this is mostly a public service.

01-25-15 03:27PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

My oh my. The PEI draw is really odd. I will assume B meets C and winner meets A in CF. Can u say circuituous route?

Last edited by nelski on 01-25-15 at 03:30PM

01-25-15 03:35PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

add mary anne arsenault to the field. defeated teresa breen 6-5 in the final

01-25-15 03:35PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

add mary anne arsenault to the field. defeated teresa breen 6-5 in the final

01-25-15 05:42PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

O'Rourke has to beat Birt twice tomorrow. Funny it takes 4 days to decide a winner from 4 teams.

01-25-15 05:43PM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2
O'Rourke has to beat Birt twice tomorrow. Funny it takes 4 days to decide a winner from 4 teams.

So, Birt only has to defeat O'Rourke once? Manalive, it's a doosey.

01-25-15 07:58PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

add in these tems:

manitoba - jenniffer jones
british columbia - patti knezevic
alberta - valerie sweeting
ontario - julie hastings

01-25-15 08:39PM
nickelcity is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nickelcity Click here to Send nickelcity a Private Message Find more posts by nickelcity Add nickelcity to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nickelcity
Harvey Hacksmasher

It's not letting me update/edit my first post so I'll re-write it here.

Teams already qualified:
CA: Rachel Homan
BC: Patti Knezevic
AB: Val Sweeting
SK: Stefanie Lawton
MB: Jennifer Jones
ON: Julie Hastings
QC: Lauren Mann
NB: Playdowns to begin next week
PE: Kathy O'Rourke or Suzanne Birt
NS: Mary-Anne Arsenault
NL: Heather Strong

Teams competing for final berth:
NO: Tracy Horgan
NT: Kerry Galusha
YT: Sarah Koltun

01-25-15 08:41PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

its a good field but, again there's really only 4 teams who can win it and we all know who they are.

i dont see a single team there who could cause a surprise

arsenault and horgan(if she gets through)are dark horses for playoffs but certainly not to win

01-25-15 09:00PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Could be the best field in decades - especially if Horgan can push thru!

i dont think so. i would rate a number of years better

2008 - larouche, jones, scott, middaugh, arsenault and kleibrink present

2011 - jones, scott, homan, holland, larouche, and kleibrink present

2012 - jones, scott, larouche, nedohin,holland and horgan present

2013 - nedohin, scott, jones, homan and colleen jones present

i think all 4 of these years had stronger fields.

01-25-15 09:01PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

quote:
Could be the best field in decades - especially if Horgan can push thru!

????
So 1997 just didn't happen then....

01-25-15 09:02PM
nickelcity
Harvey Hacksmasher

I'd LOVE to see Kathy O'Rourke have one last kick at the can. She's an amazing team leader and impressed so many at the 2010 Scotties in the Soo. Really hope she wins the final tomorrow.

BTW, for those who were wondering, I think the PEI playoffs are a 1-game final between Birt and O'Rourke...I think.

01-25-15 09:04PM
Sean is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sean Find more posts by Sean Add Sean to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sean
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by nickelcity
I'd LOVE to see Kathy O'Rourke have one last kick at the can. She's an amazing team leader and impressed so many at the 2010 Scotties in the Soo. Really hope she wins the final tomorrow.

BTW, for those who were wondering, I think the PEI playoffs are a 1-game final between Birt and O'Rourke...I think.

Actually, Kathy O'Rourke must beat Suzanne Birt twice tomorrow if she is to win PEI due to Birt winning the B & C events while O'Rourke only won the A Event.

01-25-15 09:25PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:

Yes, Kathy O. is a special leader (playing out of the 2nd position) and holds a special place in my heart after Jones produced some late end magic to edge out the Island girls.

I'll never forget those classic performances from Erin Carmody, G.L. Ramsey, Kathy herself and Trish. Just didn't have the power to sustain their big lead on JJ. Frankly, I don't think Kathy's current lineup has enough power to knock off Birt twice!

btw - I still maintain this is the best field in decades. Three teams who have or could win world and/or Olympic titles in Jones, Homan and Sweeting. The heavy hometown favourite who's never won a Scotties, Stefanie Lawton plus the gal who knocked off Middaugh (Hastings) and the team who stopped Homan a few years back (Horgan)..... plus a new entrant from BC (Knezevic), a newbie from Quebec (Mann) and the usual maritime suspects!

5 world class teams plus

Lol, the girl who knocked off middaugh. You dont even know her name. Its julie hastings.

2011 had 2 world champions and an olympic bronze medalist

2013 had 3 world champions and 4 former winners present in luding the 2 ladies who have won thoe most and the 2nd most scotties titles all time. At the very least c8ncede that 2013 trumps this year

in addition to jen, colleen, scott and nedohin you had homan present

Last edited by misty1 on 01-25-15 at 09:33PM