Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 3 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | 3 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-24-16 08:01PM
friendlycanuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for friendlycanuck Click here to Send friendlycanuck a Private Message Find more posts by friendlycanuck Add friendlycanuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
friendlycanuck
Harvey Hacksmasher

A new era.

Let’s call a spade a spade. There is clearly a pro-Homan bias on this board.

Anyone who has been to a live event cannot mistake the intitial embarrassment both the team and the sport upon hearing the 10AM drunken lunacy of “GRRRREAT! SHOT! RA-CHEL!” and such for a basic wide-open hit.

Nobody else in pro curling has stooges out to distract opponents in the hack. It’s bush league, and the CCA should be on top of this inebriated nonsense.

Feel bad for Emma Miskew, the best third in the game and a genuinely likeable soul.

That said, the reality is the win-to-choke ratio for team Homan is dismal at best. Perhaps one of the worst ‘elite’ teams in pro sports in prime time. Consider:

-ZERO World titles in awful fields in pre-trials (2013) & Olympic (2014) years
-Career highlight: two SToH wins; One vs Jones on a clear off-day in Kingston with drunken idiots screaming on every Jones shot; Another a marginal win vs the WORST field since the 1980s in Montreal (with the best team in the world and strongest rival noticeably absent while WINNING GOLD in Sochi!);
-Meanwhile, losing 3x in a week to a non-traveling club team with full-time jobs & zero funding (Feltscher);
-Nobody talks about the loss to unknown, zero-funding Horgan beating Homan in 2012 to get to the SToH;
-Even the GSoC ‘titles’ are a clear “***”; The National 2015 was gifted on Fleury’s incredible sportsmanship on Courtney’s kicked rock;
-Even in the free ride fun spiels, Team Homan earned 1.5 points of the 30.5 needed in Vegas for the Continental Cup, but cash in equally on the great work of the others (Johnny Mo scored 10+ himself!)…just like prior years
-Reality is, CHOKES FAR outweigh REAL wins under pressure for Homan

For realists, egocentric Rachel and her smug attitude has long needed a lesson in HUMILITY. Crazy that she received it from a full-time mother of three…with a parent coach…no last rock…or choice of rocks…winning as a team who work full-time with zero funding. BEAUTIFUL! Hope Hanna gets some piece of mind for the 2005 miracle shot that robbed her of the free ride Homan was gifted for last two years in a “FAWN” field!

Fully confident this is a turning point where a ‘win at all costs’ mentality is replaced with dignity and respect for the opposition. A world where the elite recognize burned rocks, unlike the disgraceful act vs Tracy Fleury at the 2015 National (was there, pathetic sportsmanship on the Homan side, bullying Fleury into taking one and donating $23K to Homan + the crucial WCT points). Then similar intentional malfeasance in the Ontario Page 1-2 game vs Harrison. Sigh.

Shame Rachel’s teammates had to suffer for her collapse and overall gloom. Having attended many of the GSoC events and spoken to dozens of volunteers, the reality is Rachel is too happy to duck out, which is in stark contrast to the vast majority who are thrilled to have a drink & chat in the Pinty’s zone, ironically Rachel’s main sponsor. Perhaps she can use the humility to join the legion of awesome people on the World Curling Tour ... not gonna happen in your life!

Full congratulations & respect to teams Hanna Einarson & Carey: 100% class all the way at every event.

Last edited by friendlycanuck on 01-24-16 at 08:40PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-24-16 08:08PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

great post!

01-24-16 08:13PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

What happened in the page 1-2 game?

01-24-16 08:15PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

Ditto...

01-24-16 08:17PM
Radio-Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Radio-Man Click here to Send Radio-Man a Private Message Find more posts by Radio-Man Add Radio-Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

Ouch. Don't sound so friendly good sir. Or madam.

If you look at it that way she does kinda suck.

HOMAN SUCKS!, HOMAN SUCKS!!!!

"It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ill intent...who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on."

01-24-16 08:21PM
Radio-Man is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Radio-Man Click here to Send Radio-Man a Private Message Find more posts by Radio-Man Add Radio-Man to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
What happened in the page 1-2 game?

Emma stopped a rock from leaving the rings with her foot....waited till the break to remove point from scoreboard...

"It means that I'm not the Samaritan. That I'm not the priest, or the Levite. That I am the ill intent...who set upon the traveler on a road that he should not have been on."

Last edited by Radio-Man on 01-24-16 at 08:25PM

01-24-16 08:24PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

Was there no umpire? Did the other team not say anything?

01-24-16 08:28PM
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

Apparently Emma didn't know the rock hit her foot. The team was told about it by Rich Hart during the break and the score was changed from 7-3 to 6-3.

01-24-16 08:33PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

well timed and well worded post @friendly. smugness never pays off in the long run. am very excited for the gallery of strength that promises to grace the Scotties 2016. Where is it again?

01-24-16 08:37PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

Re: A new era.

quote:
Originally posted by friendlycanuck
Another a marginal win vs the WORST field since the 1980s

Interesting observation the 2014 STOH being the weakest field since the 80s..

Ontario arguably sent its weakest team in the last 15 to 20 years.. BCs team was very weak... Quebecs team was very meh... The only "good' teams that were there to challenge Homan were Lawton..Sweeting.. and Carey

I don't have the time nor the expertise to go back over every STOH field since the 80s but I think the 2003 STOH was a worse field than 2014. 2003 STOH is probably the weakest STOH field since I have been following curling since 2001

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_...ament_of_Hearts

One thing I noticed during the Ontario 2016 Scott opening ceremonies is When all the teams were on the ice for the ceremony Rachel was not with her team for a long stretch.. Maybe she had a legitimate reason for not being there but over the years Ive noticed things like that regarding Rachel certain things she doesn't feel she needs to do that make you kinda dislike her

Last edited by Rock Your World on 01-24-16 at 10:01PM

01-24-16 08:38PM
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

Death Valley, CA.

01-24-16 08:39PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Don't confuse smugness with confidence. You have to be confident to be a winner. A great team had a bad day. They'll rebound stronger than ever.

01-24-16 08:40PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

what a terrible thread this is

01-24-16 08:44PM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Don't confuse smugness with confidence. You have to be confident to be a winner.

True - but I contend that in curling - levity is a component of confidence and success. We aren't happy because we are winning, we are winning because we are happy. To me, that pretty much sums up the game when all else is equal.

01-24-16 08:47PM
friendlycanuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for friendlycanuck Click here to Send friendlycanuck a Private Message Find more posts by friendlycanuck Add friendlycanuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
friendlycanuck
Harvey Hacksmasher

Afraid you are outmatched here, "Radio Man."

Lead the battalion into yet another intellectual slaughter.

Congrats Team Homan! Happy now? Of course not!

Homan has been an embarrassment within the GSoC for years; to deny this is reflective of your lack of insight into reality.

Many have tried to rehabilitate knowing the reality of the incorrigible.

Might have to look that one up, RM. Most here are rather astute and well-read, if not connected

01-24-16 08:49PM
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

So it wasn't just me that detected the EXTREME DICKFACE dripping from the original post?

To be honest one of the things I love about Rachel is her 'jock mentality', but I will acknowledge that her attitude can come across as arrogant/standoff-ish at times.

01-24-16 08:52PM
friendlycanuck
Harvey Hacksmasher

Rock your world - very astute points. Noticed the same. No clapping for opponents, either. Trademark.

Also noted RH NEVER acknowledged coach Richard Hart's presence in any of the breaks or time outs. His prime-time experience is about 5x, and RH treats the legend like a clown.

Dignity personified, or is it class? Help me, biased Homan-lover RM...

01-24-16 08:54PM
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

quote:
Afraid you are outmatched here, "Radio Man."

Have mercy on my soul. I can feel myself crumbling beneath your weight. I guess you were just waiting for the right moment. What took you so long to come forth with such righteousness? This is stuff we deserve to hear yesterday.

01-24-16 08:56PM
Radio-Man
Swing Artist

quote:
Rock your world - very astute points. Noticed the same. No clapping for opponents, either. Trademark.

Also noted RH NEVER acknowledged coach Richard Hart's presence in any of the breaks or time outs. His prime-time experience is about 5x, and RH treats the legend like a clown.

Dignity personified, or is it class? Help me, biased Homan-lover RM...

Biased huh?

01-24-16 09:00PM
Rock Your World is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock Your World Click here to Send Rock Your World a Private Message Find more posts by Rock Your World Add Rock Your World to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock Your World
Swing Artist

quote:

Well since you brought that up I always thought she didnt treat Earle Morris as her coach with enough respect

Didn't Earle stop coaching them? And I thought it was said on a broadcast Emma called Earle and begged him to comeback before the 2012/2013 season... Hey OTTAM if Im wrong feel free to dispute this

01-24-16 09:08PM
maybo is offline Click Here to See the Profile for maybo Visit maybo's homepage! Find more posts by maybo Add maybo to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
maybo
Hitting Paint

I jus' loooove how y'all kid around with each other...

01-24-16 09:09PM
friendlycanuck
Harvey Hacksmasher

Again, astute observation Rock your world.

Earl is a humble gentleman, you will never get the full truth out of his kind soul.

But reading between the lines & body language tells the story.

A small tidbit, but how often does one see Earl and RH have a drink together? They are, after all, at all these GSoc & CCA events.

0.0 for reasons...

01-24-16 09:11PM
nelski
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
what a terrible thread this is

Yes, Misty. It does denigrate and I am surprised that I hopped on so vigorously. I just found the facts @friendly listed matched my impression of the athlete. Every public athlete is subject to this, and it doesn't make it right, nor nice. You are correct. I disagree with the "jock" mentality in this sport, and think back to the first time I saw the USA mens' team at the worlds in wpg many years ago. It seemed like they did not understand the game, and I get the same feeling when I watch Rachel, but at the opposite end of the spectrum. It takes all kinds to win and she has found a way to win. I am not a fan... but the teams I do cheer for, are not among the most popular on anyone's list and so goes fan-dom. I still think it was a well-written post. Think, a negative review of a film you love.

01-24-16 09:16PM
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

I think based on the few times I've met them in person that Lisa, Joanne & Emma are friendly & approachable, Rachel not so much, but I put it down to shyness....

01-24-16 09:19PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

tole to me by a previous coach - all the Homan team does off the ice is bicker, argue.

They did congratulate Jen on Team Homan twitter.