Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-25-16 05:08PM
WarrMachine is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WarrMachine Click here to Send WarrMachine a Private Message Find more posts by WarrMachine Add WarrMachine to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WarrMachine
Harvey Hacksmasher

GNCC Mixed Playdowns

This year's playdown features 8 teams and some pretty good ones at that. See for yourselves:

Dixon Freeman (S), Megan Boyak, Derek Behmke, Erin Gawron/Atlanta Curling Club

Robert Melville (S), Teri Olson, Scott Olson, Alina Martinez/Broomstones Curling Club

David DeFehr (S), Carol White, John Thompson, Deborah Hample/Charlotte Curling Association

Emily Anderson (S), Daniel Dudt, Taylor Anderson, Dan Cooper/Philadelphia Curling Club

Melvin Shaw (S), Courtney Shaw, Brian Dauernheim, Kaitlin Kovach/Potomac Curling Club

Caitlin Maroldo (S), Jeffre Pulli, Hannah Ely, Jason Scott/Rochester Curling Club

Michael Stefanik (S), Ann Drummie, Brian Damon, Andrea Warr/Schenectady Curling Club

Murry Jackson (S), Kathy Jackson, Patrick Rabenoid, Amy Hobbie/Triangle Curling Club

Host club is the new Charlotte Curling Club. 7 game round robin to determine who represents us in Arizona in April.

Field includes last year's winning team from Broomstones, Stefanik/Warr (winners from 2 years ago and runners-up last year) with new teammates, a couple of Anderson sisters, and the return of Caitlin Maroldo to regional competitive curling.

The Potomac rink is always competitive as well.

Should be some great games.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-25-16 05:16PM
WarrMachine is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WarrMachine Click here to Send WarrMachine a Private Message Find more posts by WarrMachine Add WarrMachine to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WarrMachine
Harvey Hacksmasher

Forget to mention the date of the event, it's Feb 25-28.

01-25-16 10:49PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Are you coming down to spectate? Some of us will be there. Joel did a great job promoting the event and he and I will be there to watch and support the teams.

JH
Senior mixed is now my favorite event, used to be this one in my younger days

01-26-16 09:15AM
WarrMachine
Harvey Hacksmasher

Would love to but too much cost and time off for me. I'll be home with our son. I wonder if there will be webstreaming? Hopefully, they'll be doing end by end scoring on CurlingZone.

01-26-16 11:56AM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

CZ will have end by end scoring. One of the benefits provided by the GNCC to its' members.

Not sure about webstreaming but I can certainly do some FB and CZ posting about the games.

JH

01-27-16 08:03AM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Feels a little early for this, but what the heck.

A smart guy would wait and see how Emily does in Jacksonville. Alas, I am not a smart man.

I'll pick Saint Cait. I have no idea who will win, but I'm taking Saint Cait. I have no choice in the matter. Cait is beloved in the GNCC, revered in New York and canonized in Rochester. If I don't pick her, I'd have to live in fear of my own Eastie friends.

Would my own friends turn on me just because of a harmless prediction? Oh, hell yes. They like me, but they love her. The TESN guys think highly of me, but they will push me down a flight of stairs at the first opportunity if I don't pick Cait. Bill Morehouse and I are considering buying a racehorse together, but he'd stab me in the neck if I don't pick her. A hundred others would stand in line to kick me in the balls and I'm an Honorary Eastie.

Caitlin Maroldo: The only curler that has her own cult.

Ben Tucker

01-27-16 09:39AM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Re: GNCC Mixed Playdowns

The seeding is set for this event.

1. Robert Melville (S), Teri Olson, Scott Olson, Alina Martinez/Broomstones Curling Club - returning champions

2. Caitlin Maroldo (S), Jeffre Pulli, Hannah Ely, Jason Scott/Rochester Curling Club - nationals experience and a Saint (tm Tuck)

3. Emily Anderson (S), Daniel Dudt, Taylor Anderson, Dan Cooper/Philadelphia Curling Club - two Andersons might be enough

4. Michael Stefanik (S), Ann Drummie, Brian Damon, Andrea Warr/Schenectady Curling Club - runnerup last year and nationals experience

5. Melvin Shaw (S), Courtney Shaw, Brian Dauernheim, Kaitlin Kovach/Potomac Curling Club - will pull an upset of one of the above

6. Murry Jackson (S), Kathy Jackson, Patrick Rabenoid, Amy Hobbie/Triangle Curling Club - new dedicated ice should help

7. David DeFehr (S), Carol White, John Thompson, Deborah Hample/Charlotte Curling Association - local team with home ice advantage

8. Dixon Freeman (S), Megan Boyak, Derek Behmke, Erin Gawron/Atlanta Curling Club - arena club flexing their curling muscles

Great to see an arena club entered. We also had some at the clubs this year.
Got my flights and hotel set up yesterday so will be attending.

As far as a pick, I will leave that to others. This is going to be a great event and whoever wins will be tough at Nats.

JH

01-27-16 10:47AM
bucksdave is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bucksdave Click here to Send bucksdave a Private Message Visit bucksdave's homepage! Find more posts by bucksdave Add bucksdave to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bucksdave
Harvey Hacksmasher

Bucks to Host in 2017

Looks like a great field... I wouldn't put anything past the andersons, and the other two aren't exactly slouches!!! (local bias admitted) We have just been named the host of the 2017 GNCC Mixed, we are looking forward to having it!

01-27-16 12:52PM
TakeItOut! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TakeItOut! Click here to Send TakeItOut! a Private Message Visit TakeItOut!'s homepage! Find more posts by TakeItOut! Add TakeItOut! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TakeItOut!
Hitting Paint

Great field

Love this field. But I'm going to show my homerism and cult status and say that Cait's team is the one to beat.

I respect Melville's team quite a bit. But Cait and her teammates can play different styles and levels of aggression. If I were in Charlotte, I'd expect an aggressive game style. Not so secret weapon, Hannah Ely, reminded me yesterday after our league game that everytime she steps on the ice, she's playing with people 30 years older than her . Youthful energy on the team.

From what I've seen from Melville, his skipping style is defensive and uses opponent's misses to great advantage. Once ahead, he's really tough to beat. If the ice is consistent, I may be wrong about my prediction as placing the broom for Scott Olson will result in tons of peels/double peels.

01-27-16 02:02PM
B Anderson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for B Anderson Click here to Send B Anderson a Private Message Visit B Anderson's homepage! Find more posts by B Anderson Add B Anderson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
B Anderson
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: Great field

quote:
Originally posted by TakeItOut!
Love this field. But I'm going to show my homerism and cult status and say that Cait's team is the one to beat.

I respect Melville's team quite a bit. But Cait and her teammates can play different styles and levels of aggression. If I were in Charlotte, I'd expect an aggressive game style. Not so secret weapon, Hannah Ely, reminded me yesterday after our league game that everytime she steps on the ice, she's playing with people 30 years older than her . Youthful energy on the team.

Joe knows what he's talking about. He gets beaten by a version of this team regularly on Tuesday nights.

-BA

Last edited by B Anderson on 01-27-16 at 02:06PM

01-27-16 02:34PM
knit1curl2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for knit1curl2 Click here to Send knit1curl2 a Private Message Find more posts by knit1curl2 Add knit1curl2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
knit1curl2
Harvey Hacksmasher

JHCurl, I would agree with your seeding. I know the Jacksons, Amy, and Patrick should give everyone a good fight and have lots of good games. Yes, it is great to have dedicated ice.

Enjoy, your time in Charlotte.

01-27-16 07:22PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by knit1curl2
JHCurl, I would agree with your seeding. I know the Jacksons, Amy, and Patrick should give everyone a good fight and have lots of good games. Yes, it is great to have dedicated ice.

Enjoy, your time in Charlotte.

The seeding is not mine, it is the result of the peer seeding done by the teams. These are results after all the teams ranking all the other teams.

Top 3 were very close in ranking. Any one of the three can win this thing.

BA, I am not sure that beating Calabrese on a regular basis is much of a warm up. ;-)

JH

01-28-16 11:20AM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

Team Shaw's pre-playdowns prep might be negatively impacted by the Potomac ice disaster (thanks, Snozilla!)...as PCC effectively missed three weeks of curling between pre-storm, storm, storm cleanup, and then ice damage repair.

But I still like their odds. Tiebreaker at worst.

02-22-16 08:18PM
WarrMachine
Harvey Hacksmasher

Bump. Event starts this Thursday evening.

02-23-16 11:35AM
Jimbobogie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jimbobogie Click here to Send Jimbobogie a Private Message Find more posts by Jimbobogie Add Jimbobogie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jimbobogie
Drawmaster

Interesting to see growth in the Deep South-including a dedicated club. Hopefully this will cause some (good!) problems when seeding up National championships in the near future!

02-23-16 12:46PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbobogie
Interesting to see growth in the Deep South-including a dedicated club. Hopefully this will cause some (good!) problems when seeding up National championships in the near future!

Two dedicated clubs - Charlotte and Raleigh.

02-23-16 05:00PM
Jimbobogie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jimbobogie Click here to Send Jimbobogie a Private Message Find more posts by Jimbobogie Add Jimbobogie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jimbobogie
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by jhcurl

Two dedicated clubs - Charlotte and Raleigh.

Twice as good! Now let's get Coach K into the game!

02-24-16 02:18PM
draway8 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for draway8 Find more posts by draway8 Add draway8 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
draway8
Harvey Hacksmasher

Anyone know if line scores will be posted for this event?

02-24-16 02:45PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Line scores will be posted here.

02-26-16 04:35PM
TakeItOut! is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TakeItOut! Click here to Send TakeItOut! a Private Message Visit TakeItOut!'s homepage! Find more posts by TakeItOut! Add TakeItOut! to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TakeItOut!
Hitting Paint

Melville looking tough (based on linescores)

Hasn't given up a steal. Blanks three ends in a row in a game. Ice must be good.

02-28-16 09:19AM
BDure is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BDure Click here to Send BDure a Private Message Visit BDure's homepage! Find more posts by BDure Add BDure to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BDure
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbobogie

Twice as good! Now let's get Coach K into the game!

Boggles my mind that two places I used to live (Triangle area, Wilmington) have curling clubs now.

I need to make it to Potomac sometime. It's been six years since my one and only time on the ice (in Vancouver).