Stroeder Final
Delorey (7)
M: NWTCA Curling Club Championships
Fort Smith, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 3 -- Sat, Mar 23 -- 1:00pm ET
Delorey Final
Lockhart (EE)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 4 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-13-15 12:17PM
curlny is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlny Click here to Send curlny a Private Message Find more posts by curlny Add curlny to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlny
Hitting Paint

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jhcurl
[B]As JL picked (but did not bet) Spieth wins the Masters. 9-1 if you bet it before they started.

If only I could devine the Powerball numbers.....

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-13-15 01:31PM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by curlny

If only I could devine the Powerball numbers.....

Oh, that's easy...they will be 4, 12, 16, 34, 42 and the powerball will be 17.

Oh...you want to know what state and what drawing that's the right numbers for? Well...that's a lot harder...

04-13-15 04:21PM
Jimbobogie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jimbobogie Click here to Send Jimbobogie a Private Message Find more posts by Jimbobogie Add Jimbobogie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jimbobogie
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by westcoveroadie
Forgetting Mixed Doubles Worlds (and Senior Worlds) in Sochi next week...?

Westie, I've set something up in the "Rock Talk" section just for you-and any other Senior/Mixed fans.

You're welcome!

04-14-15 06:50PM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

Not supposed to reference curling in this post so let's call this a human resources post. New Chaska Curling Center [Twin Cities suburb] just announced that Jeff Isaacson will be the curling center manager. Congrats to Jeff
http://kstp.com/article/stories/S3764483.shtml

04-14-15 08:40PM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

DBSDBS you are safe. Not really curling (kinda). Best of luck to the new facility and the new manager.

JH
Phils have 3 wins, who wouda thunk it

04-27-15 08:26AM
AlanMacNeill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AlanMacNeill Click here to Send AlanMacNeill a Private Message Find more posts by AlanMacNeill Add AlanMacNeill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

OKay, *NOW* it's "summer"...although it was snowing in Maryland Saturday...so...umm...yeah...

Regardless...got the clubs out, cleaned em up for the season, made a few swings, need to get out to the driving range sometime this week or next, see if I still remember how to actually hit a ball...probably not...

04-30-15 11:35AM
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

Never mind the Kentucky Derby...there's *REAL* sports going on in Poland currently...

The IMCF Medieval Combat World Championships.

Yes...it's a thing...

http://medieval-combat.org

04-30-15 05:21PM
dbsdbs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dbsdbs Click here to Send dbsdbs a Private Message Find more posts by dbsdbs Add dbsdbs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dbsdbs
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by dbsdbs
Not supposed to reference curling in this post so let's call this a human resources post. New Chaska Curling Center [Twin Cities suburb] just announced that Jeff Isaacson will be the curling center manager. Congrats to Jeff
http://kstp.com/article/stories/S3764483.shtml

One more human resources post, St Paul Curling Club ice maker Scott Belvitch is moving to the new Chaska Curling Center.

05-02-15 08:44AM
jhcurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhcurl Click here to Send jhcurl a Private Message Visit jhcurl's homepage! Find more posts by jhcurl Add jhcurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Since it is now May, this qualifies as summer curling. Off today to the newly dedicated ice facility at Bucks County Curling Club. They had been arena ice sharing with hockey but have decided to convert one of the rinks to be dedicated ice. Just going to visit not playing.

JH
hmmm...going to a curling club and bet on Frosted, hope that means something

05-06-15 04:44PM
licurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for licurler Click here to Send licurler a Private Message Find more posts by licurler Add licurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
licurler
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by jhcurl
Since it is now May, this qualifies as summer curling. Off today to the newly dedicated ice facility at Bucks County Curling Club. They had been arena ice sharing with hockey but have decided to convert one of the rinks to be dedicated ice. Just going to visit not playing.

JH
hmmm...going to a curling club and bet on Frosted, hope that means something

Had a great time at the Bucks 'spiel, and it was great seeing JH there cheering on other teams besides mine. Hopefully more arena clubs can find their way to dedicated ice in the near future.

MS

05-14-15 09:00AM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Curling related but really a good story. One of the nicest guys you ever want to meet as well. Brief cameo by yours truly. This was filmed when we were playing them. The one quick shot of the scoreboard shows them winning. We were a bit worried at that point.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/video/#!/on-air/as-seen-on/A-Coachs-Unlikely-Dream/303674731

JH
yes, I do sweep when I have to

05-20-15 09:05AM
MiniMark is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MiniMark Click here to Send MiniMark a Private Message Find more posts by MiniMark Add MiniMark to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MiniMark
Hitting Paint

Lansing MI Capital City Open June 26-28

Still some space in the inaugural Capital City Open Bonspiel, June 26-28. A special guest will be here. 3 game guarantee, 3 meals provided plus Friday night pizza, short game tournament, Michigan craft beers- it'll be fun! $350 per team. Go to www.lansingcurls.org for more info!

05-20-15 12:57PM
tuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tuck Click here to Send tuck a Private Message Find more posts by tuck Add tuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tuck
Super Rockchucker

Special guest? No teasing us or I will pick you to win Arenas in Iowa and you'll have to fight the Curse Of Tuck. Shuster has done it, but you ain't no Face.

Ben Tucker
Spill your guts

05-20-15 02:02PM
MiniMark is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MiniMark Click here to Send MiniMark a Private Message Find more posts by MiniMark Add MiniMark to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MiniMark
Hitting Paint

ok, FINE! I'm just impressed that you know I'm going to Cedar Rapids.

Debbie McCormick is coming to sell Goldline equipment, but more importantly she and Snakers are ON MY TEAM. When you organize it, you get to stack your team. Right? There will be SHENANIGANS. Of that you can be sure. Bill Wood from Ice King is coming in to do our ice for the weekend. Hilarity is bound to follow.

06-03-15 11:05AM
WarrMachine is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WarrMachine Click here to Send WarrMachine a Private Message Find more posts by WarrMachine Add WarrMachine to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WarrMachine
Harvey Hacksmasher

North Dakota curler suing club to regain membership

Anybody have any juicy details on this case. It's Grand Forks Curling Club.

http://www.wdaz.com/news/north-dako...minated-curling

06-03-15 02:36PM
Jimbobogie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jimbobogie Click here to Send Jimbobogie a Private Message Find more posts by Jimbobogie Add Jimbobogie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jimbobogie
Drawmaster

I know that we're in the "Wrong" section to be talking curling, but I just read the article-there has to be something more to the story.

BTW, did anybody see Jeopardy last night? One of the contestants gave "The Roaring Game" a nice pop.

06-03-15 02:53PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

She curls at the Albany CC. Did not see it.

06-07-15 07:53PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

The triple crown is over. Tuck and I both sucked at making any money on it. Next on the schedule is Le Tour. I know that you all enjoy the talk about the Tour de France. Big news right now is Sagan moving to Tinkoff/Saxo. According to the Canondale guy I was talking to the other day, Tinkoff is Russian mafia.

JH
wonder if he would contribute to the HPP?

06-09-15 07:25PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

The USCA board has a new chair. I think this is a good move.

http://www.teamusa.org/USA-Curling/...rd-of-Directors

JH
banning myself for a week

06-09-15 09:37PM
rbi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rbi Click here to Send rbi a Private Message Find more posts by rbi Add rbi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rbi
Hitting Paint

rumor is that this is in response to the selection of Rick Patzke as CEO. Dave Carlson worked long and hard on the search and selection committee (one of many things that Dave Carlson worked long and hard on), and the committee's final recommendation was not for Patzke. That Patzke was chosen anyway was a signal to Carlson that others had lost confidence in him and so he should resign. (This rumor came from an outsider and could be incorrect, it's not confirmed by anybody with inside knowledge of the situation.)

Rich Lepping is a successful guy who will do great things as Chairman. Best wishes to Rich. His quotes in this announcement read like a welcome shift to a more positive, upbeat attitude. Hope it continues and succeeds!

06-09-15 10:29PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

Unbanning myself for a minute to confirm that Dave Carlson worked long and hard on many things. I am sorry to see him leave the organization.

JH
okay, another week for me. The Mutts get no-hit tonight, life is good!

06-13-15 09:52AM
AK267 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AK267 Visit AK267's homepage! Find more posts by AK267 Add AK267 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AK267
Super Rockchucker

Re: North Dakota curler suing club to regain membership

quote:
Originally posted by WarrMachine
Anybody have any juicy details on this case. It's Grand Forks Curling Club.

http://www.wdaz.com/news/north-dako...minated-curling

Scanned the article, seemed like the guy went behind the board's back and started negotiating without the board's consent.

Court documents state that Marhula appeared to disagree with the club board's 2011 decision about where to rebuild and relocate the club's physical building. Court documents state Marhula was approaching local entities such as the Grand Forks Park District and the Grand Forks Blue Line Club to discuss potential options for another location.

If I pulled that stunt at my workplace, I'd be canned.

06-13-15 02:17PM
AlanMacNeill
Super Rockchucker

Maybe...but it depends...

If it was a "Hey, I'm a member of a curling club, and we're looking for potential space...can you give me information regarding if you might be able to help us?"....that's one thing, perfectly innocent, and any board that kicked a member out for doing it is insane.

On the other hand, if it was "I'm working on getting a new space for our curling club, these are our needs, I can speak for the club"...then..yeah...that's a problem.

06-14-15 08:59PM
AK267 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AK267 Visit AK267's homepage! Find more posts by AK267 Add AK267 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AK267
Super Rockchucker

Aksarben Curling Club News

We're growing in Omaha!

By the start of the 2015-2016 season we'll have a high school league, an elementary league, and a new place to curl (in addition to our Ralston Arena ice).

With the opening the of UNO hockey arena (Div 1 school) space has been set aside at their practice rink for four sheets of curling ice (with 4 new sets of stones). Plans are underway for college classes, rec leagues, intramurals and special events. This gives the Omaha Metro Area 10 sheets of arena ice (2 Fremont, NE.....4 Ralston, NE and 4 Omaha, NE).

There will also be several new events this year including a June beginner's spiel, August level one instructor clinic and a Halloween spiel.

College curling is growing here. UNL grows to 4 teams with Creighton/UNO participants becoming more noticeable. Efforts are underway to grow UNO's numbers with the new addition of college ice.

07-05-15 01:44PM
jhcurl
Super Rockchucker

I have been lax in posting about Le Tour. No more. Surprise in the prologue yesterday and today was some really nasty rain. Quintana hurt his chances today by missing the split in the field. Naboli had a flat at a bad point and also lost time to Contador and Froome. Van Garderen stayed in the front group to help his cause.

I think Froome this year will take it. Of course there is pave' again this year in stage 4. That could mean an early end to one of the GC guys.

For the sprinters, Cavendish does not look as strong as years past. I think Sagan will take the green again this year.

JH