Japan (EE)
Denmark 10  Final
Spain (8)
Estonia Final
Italy (8)
M: Mexican Mixed Doubles Championship
Vancouver, CAN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 6 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-12-16 04:15PM
Three is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Three Click here to Send Three a Private Message Find more posts by Three Add Three to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Three
Swing Artist

2017 ONT Provincials

Ontario has combined the 2017 Mens Tankard and Women's Scotties into one arena in Coburg during the same week next year. Should prove interesting and may boost overall attendance. You can see all the best Ontario curlers in one place at the same time. Also cutting down the men to ten teams and the women to only eight.

http://ontcurl.com/2016/01/09/2017-...ned-in-cobourg/

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-12-16 08:54PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Too bad that they are still not going to give the women a page playoff system.

01-13-16 06:19AM
jzwanzig is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jzwanzig Click here to Send jzwanzig a Private Message Find more posts by jzwanzig Add jzwanzig to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jzwanzig
Harvey Hacksmasher

Nova Scotia is doing the same, this year (2016): men's and women's provincials to be played the same week, although not at an arena, but at the Mayflower Curling Club. Same rationale: increase attendance, increase coverage, and simplify logistics.

01-13-16 08:45AM
My three sons is offline Click Here to See the Profile for My three sons Find more posts by My three sons Add My three sons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
My three sons
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by decade

That would mean 50% of the field makes the playoffs. Not sure if that makes sense. Regardless of what CC is doing.
Lets start with combining the mens and ladies and see where this takes us. The way entries are trending, "Houston, we have problem".

01-13-16 09:51AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

They did it back in 2003 and why the OCA did not try again, I don't know. The women got to curl on Arena ice and with a bigger event - more crowds and more interest IMO. It's fun to watch both men and women. Less dates to hassle with, get both events done in one week. I hope this continues.

01-13-16 09:55AM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:

Women's currently have a Page Playoff in the 10 team format.
http://www.curlingzone.com/event.ph...w=Playoffs&tp=0

Once you go to 8 teams, it means 3-4 win/loss record will have a good chance of making the playoffs.

It's where you should use the Semifinal and Final, in an 8 team field.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

12-15-16 04:00AM
ellejay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ellejay Click here to Send ellejay a Private Message Find more posts by ellejay Add ellejay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ellejay
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
For super-teams like Howard & Homan playing their provincial championship on club ice might be a detriment. No?

..according to the release, they will be playing on arena ice.

http://d5848hujxpva6.cloudfront.net...ventCobourg.pdf

--snip from link.

Our team is excited to see the changes that are being implemented in the Ontario Scotties playdown format said Julie Hastings, Defending Ontario Womens Champion.

Most important is the move to an arena for the Provincial Championship. This is a key step in preparing Ontarios best representative for Curling Canadas National Scotties Tournament of Hearts.

12-16-16 09:26AM
dugless_zone 13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dugless_zone 13 Click here to Send dugless_zone 13 a Private Message Find more posts by dugless_zone 13 Add dugless_zone 13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
They did it back in 2003 and why the OCA did not try again, I don't know. The women got to curl on Arena ice and with a bigger event - more crowds and more interest IMO. It's fun to watch both men and women. Less dates to hassle with, get both events done in one week. I hope this continues.

One of the reasons might have been the fact that there were no spectators at the event. We were there at the Hershey Center and the seats were pretty much empty for the ladies final. You need butts in the seats when you are paying for the facility.

12-16-16 06:14PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Are Epping and Balsdon the CTRS entries directly into the tankard? or is it E and Howard? Howard doesn't seem to be in a qualifier this weekend. Ont doesn't give an auto to last years champ anymore-- is this true?

12-16-16 07:34PM
recboy_131 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for recboy_131 Click here to Send recboy_131 a Private Message Find more posts by recboy_131 Add recboy_131 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
recboy_131
Hitting Paint

you are right epping and balsdon are straight to tankard, the howard rink and a couple handful of teams get a bye into the provincial qualifiers. the rest of the teams have to start off in the zone qualifiers.

12-16-16 09:41PM
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by recboy_131
you are right epping and balsdon are straight to tankard, the howard rink and a couple handful of teams get a bye into the provincial qualifiers. the rest of the teams have to start off in the zone qualifiers.

Thanks for clarification,

12-18-16 01:25PM
decade
Super Rockchucker

Why is it that some people do not know how to retire gracefully?

12-18-16 01:39PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

quote:

Because they still hold on to some dream.

Middaugh will have to try her luck in the challenge round...she lost in the B side this morning...

12-18-16 03:53PM
Lotus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lotus Click here to Send Lotus a Private Message Find more posts by Lotus Add Lotus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lotus
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

There is nothing wrong with Glenn playing a game he still loves.

You should be expressing gratitude to have witnessed such a great talent and ambassador for the sport of curling. He's earned the right to play the game as long as he likes.

Based on your post it would be hard to believe you've been graceful a single day of your life. Maybe you should retire gracefully from life. In the very least you could keep your churlish comments to yourself.

12-18-16 05:18PM
dugless_zone 13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dugless_zone 13 Click here to Send dugless_zone 13 a Private Message Find more posts by dugless_zone 13 Add dugless_zone 13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

" Maybe you should retire gracefully from life."

Wow, did you just tell this person they should go kill him or herself? That may be one of the dumbest statements I've seen in a long time.

Merry Christmas Lotus.

12-18-16 05:42PM
Lotus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lotus Click here to Send Lotus a Private Message Find more posts by Lotus Add Lotus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lotus
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by dugless_zone 13
" Maybe you should retire gracefully from life."

Wow, did you just tell this person they should go kill him or herself? That may be one of the dumbest statements I've seen in a long time.

Merry Christmas Lotus.

I was being hyperbolic to make a point. But I've read enough of your posts to realize that nuances like that go well over your head.

Happy hanukkah, dugless_zone 13.

12-18-16 05:49PM
dugless_zone 13
Drawmaster

Didn't go over my head, just a plain dumbass statement.

12-18-16 06:14PM
Lotus
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by dugless_zone 13
Didn't go over my head, just a plain dumbass statement.

If it didn't we wouldn't be having this conversation.

12-18-16 08:26PM
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by Lotus

There is nothing wrong with Glenn playing a game he still loves.

You should be expressing gratitude to have witnessed such a great talent and ambassador for the sport of curling. He's earned the right to play the game as long as he likes.

Based on your post it would be hard to believe you've been graceful a single day of your life. Maybe you should retire gracefully from life. In the very least you could keep your churlish comments to yourself.

I did not mention anyone by name, YOur assuming that I was referring to Glenn perhaps shows where your thought are,

12-18-16 08:58PM
Lotus
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:

I did not mention anyone by name, YOur assuming that I was referring to Glenn perhaps shows where your thought are,

My apologies. I do admit I thought you were referring to Glenn. I guess I struggle to imagine who else you were referring to. But I can't help but wonder if I could make the same point about someone else you felt compelled to mention here. May I ask who that is?

01-30-17 08:26PM
BMalc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BMalc Click here to Send BMalc a Private Message Find more posts by BMalc Add BMalc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BMalc
Harvey Hacksmasher

Don't look now but TGH is 3 - 0 right now.

01-30-17 10:24PM
Stumpy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stumpy Click here to Send Stumpy a Private Message Find more posts by Stumpy Add Stumpy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stumpy
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Wonder if Howard wins Ont. whether "Walter Brennan Middaugh" might be available!

Anyone know what progress Wayne has made since shattering his leg last year?

As has been stated many times before, Wayne will not be playing this year. Period. He is nowhere even close to considering playing.

01-31-17 08:41AM
SooCurler is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SooCurler Click here to Send SooCurler a Private Message Find more posts by SooCurler Add SooCurler to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SooCurler
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by BMalc
Don't look now but TGH is 3 - 0 right now.

Against: Heggestad, Tuck and Deruelle

Not meaning any offense to those three but if Howard lost any of those games I would say the sky was falling. If they beat Bice and Bailey today I will start to take notice of them.

01-31-17 09:33AM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

epping also 3-0 but im not getting excited yet. like howard he had 3 games yesterday that he should have won and he did. has a tough one with bailey today and then his schedule to close out is tough with balsdon, howard and bice in 3 of his last 4 games.

i could see him ending up 5-4 and out still at this point

01-31-17 02:33PM
CurlingGeek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingGeek Click here to Send CurlingGeek a Private Message Visit CurlingGeek's homepage! Find more posts by CurlingGeek Add CurlingGeek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

We've some limited coverage this week from Cobourg.

Live now on CurlingGeek: Howard vs Bice
https://games.curlinggeek.com/broadcast/1679

Please support Title Sport Live with your $$ if you want live streaming of other games and want to prove to advertisers and broadcasters that full coverage can generate money.