Forums Menu

User: 
Pass:  

Curling Scores

Click Event to Show Scoreboard
W: China Open
M: China Open
M: Curling Masters Champery
M: Challenge de Curling de Gatineau (Arena)
W: Paf Masters Tour
W: Canad Inns Women's Classic
M: Challenge de Curling de Gatineau Open
W: Stirling Wheelchair Curling International
M: Medicine Hat Charity Classic
M: EJCT Oslo Junior Men
M: Rick Cotter Memorial Junior Mens Classic
M: Heather MJCT Bonspiel
M: Brampton U21 Junior Mens Cashspiel
M: OVCA Junior Superspiel Mens Qualifier
W: Medicine Hat Charity Classic
W: Rick Cotter Memorial Junior Womens Classic
W: Heather MJCT Bonspiel
W: Brampton U21 Junior Womens Cashspiel
W: OVCA Junior Superspiel Womens Qualifier
W: Lady Monctonian Invitational Spiel
W: EJCT Oslo Junior Women
M: WCT Austrian Mixed Doubles Cup
Central European Time (CET)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Next Olympic Cycle Team Changes

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 11 of 15 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-20-18 05:54PM
MBTuck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MBTuck Click here to Send MBTuck a Private Message Find more posts by MBTuck Add MBTuck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MBTuck
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: TEAM KOE PREDICTION

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
NEW TEAM KOE:

Skip - Kevin Koe
3rd - Bray Moskowy
2nd - Steven Laycock
lead - Deni Neufeld

Will play out of Saskatchewan - easier route to the Brier, no Bottcher, etc.

Laycock and Moskowy already have Sask'n residency; Deni will set up temporary quarters and driver's license, etc. Koe will remain in Alberta but join his team for playdowns, slams, cash spiels, Briers, international invites, etc.

Good chance Sask'n will have a contender at next Brier.

I'm about 52% on Moskowy 3rd; 40% on Matt Dunstone; 8% someone else!

Your 8%'s are more like 98%. You need an education on odds.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-20-18 06:19PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Drawmaster

as I mentioned a the week of the Brier, Mike was joining Carruthers.....so glad my source was right.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/c...-team-1.4584203

03-20-18 06:23PM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Drawmaster

Team Koe will be playing out of Alberta. As per the link in my previous post.

03-20-18 06:35PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

I’m guessing Brent Laing didn’t want bj at third so he bailed ...

Must be more to story re March and Jansen - both are young and excellent

The circle tightens - soon will be one team of old farts from each province in the slams with auto berths to the brier , Worlds and Olympics .

Not thrilled

03-20-18 06:56PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Re: Re: TEAM KOE PREDICTION

quote:
Originally posted by MBTuck

Your 8%'s are more like 98%. You need an education on odds.

Well, I kinda got it right with a current Manitoba player - B.J. throws a bit like Koe - both get their nose pretty low to the ice - so that should help a ton!

Only problem is somnambulist behaviour - both BJ & Koe can be dreadfully sleepy performers - so it falls to Ben to keep them alert.

03-20-18 08:01PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by fresca

The circle tightens - soon will be one team of old farts from each province in the slams with auto berths to the brier , Worlds and Olympics .

Not thrilled

unless tim and pat have no desire to curl this season or want to step back i'd be stunned if someone didn't pick them up. they're to good a front end not to.

03-20-18 09:20PM
Cosss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cosss Click here to Send Cosss a Private Message Find more posts by Cosss Add Cosss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cosss
Hitting Paint

Speaking of good front ends, D. Neufeld and M. Wozniak are still available I think. I'm sure they are on somebody's radar!

03-22-18 11:34AM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

According to a facebook post, Team Laycock is splitting up.

03-22-18 12:00PM
Rock2_YYZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock2_YYZ Find more posts by Rock2_YYZ Add Rock2_YYZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock2_YYZ
Knee-Slider

The new Koe team doesn't impress me at all. Having said that we'll see how they gel.

Individually they are talented, but two thoughtful/zen guys in the back end spells more clock issues to me.

Koe needs a modern version of Wayne Middaugh, who would probably win any game of speed chess. Someone like him - a smart strategist who has skipped - would literally just throw his stone while Kevin is staring at the rocks debating the shot.

Let's see how it goes.

I see Bottcher having a good cycle, personally.

03-22-18 12:01PM
Rock2_YYZ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rock2_YYZ Find more posts by Rock2_YYZ Add Rock2_YYZ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rock2_YYZ
Knee-Slider

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

I hope SK is still left with an elite team when the dust settles. Wonder if Simmons wants one more cycle....?

03-22-18 12:11PM
Rock2_YYZ
Knee-Slider

quote:
Originally posted by fresca

I don't think BJ had anything to do with it. Brent lives in Ontario and the lure of curling again with Savill was prob the draw. Koe is a strong thrower but must be frustrating to play with, with his indecision. I know I wouldn't last a season.

Hard not to love Tim and Pat but I wouldn't call them excellent. I think they are pretty good but not elite at all.

Both are super strong so they can sweep but neither can curl reliably in the 90s. Tim especially. You need to be consistently over 90 as a lead with a reliable tick shot under pressure to win titles. He doesn't have that.

They aren't elite ice and path readers either. Very good but not super strong.

And, although the strategy comes from the back end you do count on the front end for experience and a degree of wisdom. Neither have an impressive grasp on the game at large. While Camm is developing well, John has looked to the front end for some wisdom. Tim tries a lot -- sweet dude -- but literally every comment or suggestion he makes is politely swatted away by John because he just doesn't read the game well at all.

These guys will get picked up for sure but they'll be a tier below the top teams. May or may not make slam events this cycle. I do wish them well though. Both seem like awesome guys.

03-22-18 12:22PM
Manitoba Legend is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Manitoba Legend Click here to Send Manitoba Legend a Private Message Find more posts by Manitoba Legend Add Manitoba Legend to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Rock2_YYZ
The new Koe team doesn't impress me at all. Having said that we'll see how they gel.

Individually they are talented, but two thoughtful/zen guys in the back end spells more clock issues to me.

Koe needs a modern version of Wayne Middaugh, who would probably win any game of speed chess. Someone like him - a smart strategist who has skipped - would literally just throw his stone while Kevin is staring at the rocks debating the shot.

Let's see how it goes.

I see Bottcher having a good cycle, personally.

Watching the thinking will be more boring than watching a 2 foot ficcus grow - BUT the shot-making should be spectacular!!!

03-22-18 01:34PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad

im not overly surprised. let's be honest, the dunstone experiment just didn't work out well. steve no doubt thought matt would help them get to the next level but he just didn't

kirk and dallan now join a very interesting open market in saskatchewan. the marsh brothers are free, steve is free. no indication they are retiring so i'd bet we'll see them all on teams next season. matt will probably return to manitoba and maybe link up with his old junior team in lott and doering.

with brock virtue still floating around in saskatchewan i could see steve picking him up or maybe kirk and dallan will end up with him

one other move i could see coming is braeden returning to saskatchewan and linking up with the brothers and picking up another one to fill out the lineup.in fact that's mey prediction, that braeden, kirk and dallan will team up.

laycock picks up virtue and 2 more to complete his lineup...that's if brock still has a desire to go full time. he's curled lightly these last 2 seasons

and if adam casey's team is done then he could factor into these new teams too.

and perhaps schneider returns to saskatchewan. saskatchewan has a lot of loose free top level talent right now. it's actually kind of exciting

laycock's breakup could end up helping saskatchewan by creating 2 top teams from the old one .

Last edited by misty1 on 03-22-18 at 01:36PM

03-25-18 02:36PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

new teasm announcement from kirk himself:

skip: kirk muyres
third: kevin marsh
second: dan marsh
lead: dallan muyres

good looking young team

03-25-18 04:36PM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

Tirinzoni with two openings next season...Siegrist (Vice) needs more time to recover from her knee injury, and Albrecht (Lead) wants to curl less (the way it was worded sounds like she'll be an alternate).

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

03-25-18 04:52PM
Phil_D is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Phil_D Click here to Send Phil_D a Private Message Visit Phil_D's homepage! Find more posts by Phil_D Add Phil_D to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Phil_D
Drawmaster

quote:
Originally posted by Phil_D
Tirinzoni with two openings next season...Siegrist (Vice) needs more time to recover from her knee injury, and Albrecht (Lead) wants to curl less (the way it was worded sounds like she'll be an alternate).

Looks like they're picking up Alina Paetz and Melanie Barbezat.

https://www.facebook.com/teamtirinz...809834705978433

Co-host of the NerdCurl podcast & occasional blogger.

http://www.nerdcurl.com

03-25-18 08:01PM
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Phil_D

Looks like they're picking up Alina Paetz and Melanie Barbezat.

https://www.facebook.com/teamtirinz...809834705978433

tirinzoni and patz together could be really, really good. we'll see how it works though

03-25-18 10:35PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

Clash of style - almost like merging Jennifer Jones w/ Rachel Homan.

Who skips, who plays 3rd?

My guess - they'll start the year with Silvana on the tee, then see what happens.

Only real competition = Binia Feltscher - who appears ready to be put out to pasture!

Jaeggi only other one that's really come across as a contender. Swiss curling took a big insult this year - with Silvana & Binia both dropping too many games at the Olympics & Worlds.

03-27-18 06:49PM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Hitting Paint

On today’s “2 Girls and a Game,” they brought up the rule that says Team Canada in the Scotties must have 3 of the same 4 on-ice players they won with in the previous year’s Scotties.

Kaitlyn Lawes didn’t play in the Scotties, and if Jill Officer isn’t playing with Jones’ team next season, then they ostensibly can’t be Team Canada next season under that rule, And Kerri Einarson’s Team has scattered as well, so they can’t be either. So what happens to Team Canada in 2019? Is there one?

03-27-18 07:05PM
fresca is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fresca Click here to Send fresca a Private Message Find more posts by fresca Add fresca to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
fresca
Super Rockchucker

Kaitlin gets a pass for representing Canada

So JJ is team Canada

03-27-18 07:07PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Swing Artist

Firstly. Kaitlyn not playing was such an exception that it should not disqualify for team canada. And, Jill will be the fifth player, so would she count as a player for that rule?

03-27-18 07:26PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

I think K-Borg (laws) was listed as the alternate for Team Jones at the Scotties, no?

So barring anyone getting injured, retired or fired from their jobs next season's Team Canada will be comprised of:

Jennifer Jones - skipper
Kaitlyn Lawes - 3-Borg
Joss Peterman - 2nd (replacing JIlly)
Dawn McEwen - lead

alternate: Officer Jilly

Nobody wants to mess with the possibility of Team Jones not being at the '19 Scotties - - -
She's IBO (aka Instant Box Office), super fan friendly, the most recognizable curling team in the world (due to their amazing exploits last 15 years)

The inevitable confrontations between JJ & Rachel Homan are super box office.

Rachel is pretty much an auto-berth. Sure, she has to slither he way thru Ontario but Ontario is now chock full of re-formed teams, no real super-power to confront Rachel. Heck, even if Rachel manages to blow up in Ontario she'll be the heavy favourite in the auto play-in game at the event - assuming she tours regularly and has sufficient points (which she will, as some, if not all of last year's points carry over, no?_

03-27-18 09:17PM
Observer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Observer Find more posts by Observer Add Observer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Observer
Hitting Paint

“2 Girls and a Game” said explicitly that the rule says that the 3 players had to have played on the ice during the previous Scotties, An alternate who never got off the bench wouldn’t cut it.

03-27-18 10:40PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Swing Artist

The alternate played every game.

03-27-18 11:04PM
Manitoba Legend
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Observer
“2 Girls and a Game” said explicitly that the rule says that the 3 players had to have played on the ice during the previous Scotties, An alternate who never got off the bench wouldn’t cut it.

Dawn, Jilly & JJ played every game in their STOH 2018 win . . . . so if the CCA wants to nail Team Jones to the cross - they can simply elevate Officer as their announced 3rd player and retract her to the bench for the tourney (as they planned to do anyways)