Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > This Canada Curing Propaganda brought to you by...Gerry

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-06-15 06:34PM
DenoGrats is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DenoGrats Click here to Send DenoGrats a Private Message Find more posts by DenoGrats Add DenoGrats to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DenoGrats
Knee-Slider

This Canada Curing Propaganda brought to you by...Gerry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_41QYgtkgiw

This is as pitiful an excuse for an 'interview" as I have ever seen. Warren had to do little more than agree with the answers that Gerry pretty much provided for him. Warren is no "slack" when it comes to being interviewed and pretty much just let Gerry go.

Warren had a beautiful opportunity here to spin the whole relegation story and places the blame squarely at the member association's (MA) feet. Anyone who has looked into the story about relegation knows the MA's were given no real opportunity to discuss alternatives to relegation in any serious way.

I do enjoy CurlingZone's coverage and this video seemed out of the norm for the other great coverage. So, I will give Gerry the benefit of the doubt. He got snow-jobbed by a superior media personality in this interview and didn't intend to be as bias as he came across.

What do y'all think?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-06-15 06:41PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
marco2010

I thought the relegation interview was very informative. There are a lot of aspects to take into consideration and no easy solution that pleases everybody. Thanks for all the clips from the Brier Gerry.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 104.221.21.60

03-06-15 06:42PM
Par is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Par Click here to Send Par a Private Message Find more posts by Par Add Par to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Par
Swing Artist

Re: This Canada Curing Propaganda brought to you by...Gerry

quote:
Originally posted by DenoGrats
I will give Gerry the benefit of the doubt. He got snow-jobbed by a superior media personality in this interview and didn't intend to be as bias as he came across.

What do y'all think?

Gerry explained in another thread that the whole purpose of the interview was to give Warren Hansen a chance to put forth his point of view. So I don't think he got snow-jobbed at all. I think he accomplished exactly what he intended to accomplish.

03-06-15 07:26PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

The other thread has disappeared. HMMM?

03-06-15 08:00PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Those of us who have worked with Warren on host committees for season of champion events, realize that Warren is an expert in mastering info the way he wants it. What Warren wants, Warren gets. And this interview only served to reinforce that notion.

03-06-15 08:10PM
alex is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex Click here to Send alex a Private Message Find more posts by alex Add alex to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
alex
Swing Artist

Interview terrible. I watched part before and was going to watch the rest before stating how bad it was. DenoGrats beat me to it. I have now watched the rest and it was just awful. Would have loved to see Bob Weeks do the interview. So many quesntionable points made by Warren without any challenge. Sort of like the magazine Season of Champions editorial page (the page Warren writes).

03-06-15 08:36PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

You mean like how the other thread was erased that questioned the voting process and who voted against relegation, you know, the people Hansen couldn't remember, Riiiigggghhht. Yukonbob had some great points that nobody will ever see. SHHHH it's a big secret.

03-07-15 01:55AM
yukonboy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yukonboy Find more posts by yukonboy Add yukonboy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yukonboy
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by decade
Those of us who have worked with Warren on host committees for season of champion events, realize that Warren is an expert in mastering info the way he wants it. What Warren wants, Warren gets. And this interview only served to reinforce that notion.

Couldn't have stated it better myself. The position paper leading to all of this was developed by the operational staff at CCA and presented by Warren Hanson. Another example of WWWWG.

03-07-15 02:18AM
Gerry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

Thanks for the feedback. This was not an interview to challenge Warren, but to allow him to tell their side of the process. If there's inaccuracies in his statements, they can be challenged through proper channels. I would suggest he deserves the opportunity to tell his side of the story considering the angry rhetoric coming from many.

I personally feels changes need to be made and relegation might be 'best' option to allow all provinces to be repreented. But I was not a fan of how relegation was done. Major changes need to happen with that part of the process.

As for you IN-OFF-FOR-2, I would suggest you try a little next time when looking for a thread before accusing me of deleting it.
http://www.curlingzone.com/showthre...0&postid=142379

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

03-07-15 09:33AM
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

Sorry Gerry. I was looking for it under a different heading. I guess sometimes when we get passionate about a subject, we tend (I do) to think the there's a conspiracy behind the hiding of all the info. As in not disclosing the voting, who voted for, who voted against, why is this not available to all member curlers, why wouldn't the CCA WANT to share the info if there was no wrongdoing. Just curious.

03-07-15 12:02PM
DenoGrats is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DenoGrats Click here to Send DenoGrats a Private Message Find more posts by DenoGrats Add DenoGrats to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DenoGrats
Knee-Slider

In the interest of full transparancy the original thread was posted in "The Pit".

Thanks for the debate.

03-08-15 09:54AM
Ventry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ventry Click here to Send Ventry a Private Message Find more posts by Ventry Add Ventry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ventry
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend
Gerry isn't Mike Wallace. Nor does he want to be.
I'm sure Warren would never agree to be interrogated by someone like Bob Weeks, Steve Simmons or even Paul Wiecek.

Courtesy interview as Gerry does a great deal of work for the CCA, TSN, Sportsnet in addition to maintaining this great site.

If Gerry had gone 'Geraldo' on Warren, Mr. Hansen would have politely asked for the camera and tape machine to be shut off and closed down the interview.

We got a pretty good look though at how a skunk can spray his stank. Warren is a past-master at this craft.

Not asking leading questions and not clearly siding with the interviewee's position would hardly be going "Geraldo".

03-08-15 01:55PM
greenroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for greenroad Click here to Send greenroad a Private Message Find more posts by greenroad Add greenroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
greenroad
Drawmaster

I think that was an informative interview. If it had turned confrontational Hansen would have simply gone to unisyllabic answers. Think Don Cherry who provides entertainment, not edification.

03-10-15 03:14AM
murphyj87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for murphyj87 Click here to Send murphyj87 a Private Message Visit murphyj87's homepage! Find more posts by murphyj87 Add murphyj87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
murphyj87
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by TommyCurler
How does this surprise anyone? The whole points system is slanted towards the Ontario teams. It's all to create an event that pushes out the less fortunate, weaker provinces in favour of Ontario.

Just wait until Ontario gets relegated and loses to Yukon or NWT and misses the Brier or STOH (which will happen sooner rather than later). You'll see changes in the system as soon as that happens in the next year or two.

Meanwhile, I have already printed my sign to carry at worlds at the end of the month.

03-10-15 07:17AM
Netz is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Netz Click here to Send Netz a Private Message Find more posts by Netz Add Netz to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Netz
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by murphyj87

Just wait until Ontario gets relegated and loses to Yukon or NWT and misses the Brier or STOH (which will happen sooner rather than later). You'll see changes in the system as soon as that happens in the next year or two.

Meanwhile, I have already printed my sign to carry at worlds at the end of the month.

I think you are picking on the wrong Province, people I talk to are against relegation and are in fact are on your side.

03-10-15 11:03AM
Guest is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Guest Click here to Send Guest a Private Message Visit Guest's homepage! Find more posts by Guest Add Guest to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by TommyCurler
How does this surprise anyone? The whole points system is slanted towards the Ontario teams. It's all to create an event that pushes out the less fortunate, weaker provinces in favour of Ontario.

What does the CTRS points system have to do with Brier relegation? Brier performance determines the relegated teams, not gathering points from bonspiels in Ontario.

Besides given Ontario's current economic state, idiotic provincial government, unemployment, massive debt load, etc, they are not a province to envy.