Spain  
Italy  
Turkiye  
Estonia  
Switzerland  
France  
Norway  
Japan  
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 2 of 4 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
04-09-15 09:20AM
Gerry is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

Follow Rachel Homan vs Kristy McDonald on this morning's CurlingGeek coverage of the Players' Championship!
https://games.curlinggeek.com/broadcast/178

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

04-09-15 03:25PM
livem1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for livem1 Click here to Send livem1 a Private Message Find more posts by livem1 Add livem1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
livem1
Harvey Hacksmasher

has anyone in the US purchased the live streaming package from sportsnet?

i have payment confirmation, i can log in, it's showing me that I already bought the $25 package...but, when i try to stream it just kicks me back to subscription page again.

sent support email to sportsnet with no response and tried live chat support with them and it keeps timing out before someone comes on (which is like 3 mins +)

ugh...

04-09-15 04:03PM
CurlingGeek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingGeek Click here to Send CurlingGeek a Private Message Visit CurlingGeek's homepage! Find more posts by CurlingGeek Add CurlingGeek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

For the Thursday afternoon draw, we've covering Middaugh v. Tirinzoni. Join us here:

04-09-15 05:08PM
Gerry is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Gerry Click here to Send Gerry a Private Message Visit Gerry's homepage! Find more posts by Gerry Add Gerry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:
Originally posted by livem1
has anyone in the US purchased the live streaming package from sportsnet?

i have payment confirmation, i can log in, it's showing me that I already bought the $25 package...but, when i try to stream it just kicks me back to subscription page again.

sent support email to sportsnet with no response and tried live chat support with them and it keeps timing out before someone comes on (which is like 3 mins +)

ugh...

Email me at gerry@curlingzone.com with your issue. There is no record of a support email and I will forward off and have them contact you.

Please click on our sponsors' banners periodically, as visiting their sites helps keep CurlingZone.com Free!

04-09-15 06:14PM
CurlingGeek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingGeek Click here to Send CurlingGeek a Private Message Visit CurlingGeek's homepage! Find more posts by CurlingGeek Add CurlingGeek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

The Thursday evening draw has been moved up to 7pm.

Howard v. Stoughton should be a treat. Jeff is hinting at some antics for what might be his last primetime game

https://twitter.com/TeamJStoughton/...263126468857857

CurlingGeek will cover McEwen vs. Edin here:

04-09-15 06:22PM
Ajay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ajay Click here to Send Ajay a Private Message Find more posts by Ajay Add Ajay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ajay
Drawmaster

missed EE. How did Jones steal?

04-09-15 07:58PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
Hard to believe Mike won a brier .... hes not watching the same game i am..

Kevin doesnt want to disagree so he says nothing ...

and no one wants to say how much the ice affects the outcome

hard to believe, cuz he never did. And yes, the stuff that comes out of his mouth does prove his knowledge (or lack) of the game.

Last edited by guido on 04-09-15 at 11:32PM

04-09-15 08:32PM
insideout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for insideout Click here to Send insideout a Private Message Find more posts by insideout Add insideout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
insideout
Knee-Slider

Bottcher should move to PEI and team up with Casey at third and Matthers and Carmody front end. Bet they'd win the brier before Gushue

04-09-15 08:35PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

does anyone else think that maybe this event could be moved back like a week.

04-09-15 08:44PM
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
does anyone else think that maybe this event could be moved back like a week.

It used to run a week later but NHL Playoffs are a conflict for Sportsnet.

04-09-15 08:54PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Gerry

It used to run a week later but NHL Playoffs are a conflict for Sportsnet.

oh , okay. I have no clue about hockey so i didnt know that was a problem.

04-09-15 10:57PM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick8end
Swing Artist

Gee, European rinks have 8 wins and 19 losses. I sure hope the CCA gets on the ball and does something to stop the world's curling domination.

04-10-15 12:17AM
Cosss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cosss Click here to Send Cosss a Private Message Find more posts by Cosss Add Cosss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cosss
Hitting Paint

quote:
Originally posted by rick8end
Gee, European rinks have 8 wins and 19 losses. I sure hope the CCA gets on the ball and does something to stop the world's curling domination.

If there was a like button for this comment I would have clicked it several times.

04-10-15 02:47AM
Prawnpuller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Prawnpuller Click here to Send Prawnpuller a Private Message Find more posts by Prawnpuller Add Prawnpuller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Prawnpuller
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
Originally posted by Cosss

If there was a like button for this comment I would have clicked it several times.

Seems like some of the teams do not have there heart in this event......too close to golfing season. And some like JJ just look burned out.
As for Euros loss record and comments above .you can take Swedish mens 4 losses out of this statistic....they are definitely burnt out and also still sporting hangovers from drinking too much Votka or whatever the Swedes drink LOL

Two things can happen........One is bad

04-10-15 08:27AM
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

Morning coverage while Sportsnet takes a break for the 8:30am draw:

Sheet A: Jones (1-2) vs Sidorova (1-2)

and

Sheet B: Nedohin (1-2) vs Paetz (3-0)

Take your pick: https://games.curlinggeek.com

04-10-15 08:59AM
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

Bonus coverage! We just added a geek for Sweeting v. McDonald

https://games.curlinggeek.com/broadcast/192

04-10-15 12:19PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by fresca

it would figure that you would like him ..i tried to watch a couple of times ..first the bb theory then .. i switched to the Jets

HUH????
You make a statement that is completly misinformed, then another that says I like M.H.???
I do disagree, like you, with a lot of statements made by M.H.but that has nothing to do with like or not. I have never met him.
I really don't know where you're coming from. Related to M.L. Maybe???

Last edited by guido on 04-10-15 at 12:23PM

04-10-15 04:26PM
rick8end is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rick8end Find more posts by rick8end Add rick8end to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rick8end
Swing Artist

Wow, what a cheesy last rock by Muirhead in the first end. It basically looked like her intent was to take out her third shot rock to give Sidirova a 3 point steal. Her rock is hanging out (it needed to bend) and she's yelling "clean". That's a guaranteed way to knock out all the 1-3 teams (having Sidorova win)...not that the 1-3 teams deserve to be in the playoffs anyway. Still, what a weak and curious final shot. Come on Eve, you're a classy player. Hopefully you'll get back in the game and prove it.

Last edited by rick8end on 04-10-15 at 04:30PM

04-10-15 06:31PM
Gerry
CZ Founder

quote:
Originally posted by rick8end
Wow, what a cheesy last rock by Muirhead in the first end. It basically looked like her intent was to take out her third shot rock to give Sidirova a 3 point steal. Her rock is hanging out (it needed to bend) and she's yelling "clean". That's a guaranteed way to knock out all the 1-3 teams (having Sidorova win)...not that the 1-3 teams deserve to be in the playoffs anyway. Still, what a weak and curious final shot. Come on Eve, you're a classy player. Hopefully you'll get back in the game and prove it.

Had Muirhead won, she would have got a direct berth into the Semifinals.

04-10-15 06:53PM
HotRocks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HotRocks Find more posts by HotRocks Add HotRocks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HotRocks
Drawmaster

Direct to SF

Too bad Paetz didnt put herself into the SF
like Homan and Sweeting did....

Sherry Middaugh has super challenge against Sidorova in the TB...

Congrats to Dawn and Mike McEwen on their pregnancy...

04-10-15 07:24PM
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

Four sheet of coverage on Friday night, starting at 7:30pm:

Sheet B: Laycock v Stoughton Livestreamed
http://livestream.com/accounts/9348702/events/3960737

Sheet C: Gushue v McEwen - Sportsnet

Sheet D: Epping v Jacobs
Sheet E: Howard v Carruthers

Both on CurlingGeek: https://games.curlinggeek.com

04-10-15 07:25PM
rick8end
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by Gerry

Had Muirhead won, she would have got a direct berth into the Semifinals.

Thanks for mentioning that, as she wouldn't have tanked the game with that on the line. That said, she certainly seemed a little disinterested, but I guess it was a really off afternoon.

04-11-15 12:23AM
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

Tiebreakers! Saturday morning at 8:30am eastern, with free admission to the Mattamy.

Women: Sidorova vs. Middaugh

and

Men: Howard vs. Bottcher-Middaugh

Did you catch that? Brendan Bottcher flew home (for graduation?), so super-spare Wayne Middaugh is stepping in. <Insert your favourite story line, joke and/or conspiracy theory here.>

The website says Sportsnet is sleeping in, so CurlingGeek to the rescue! We'll have dual coverage:

https://games.curlinggeek.com

04-11-15 07:20AM
Claire Marie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Claire Marie Click here to Send Claire Marie a Private Message Find more posts by Claire Marie Add Claire Marie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Claire Marie
Harvey Hacksmasher

Lol...should be an interesting game

04-11-15 09:12AM
minimalist is offline Click Here to See the Profile for minimalist Find more posts by minimalist Add minimalist to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
minimalist
Knee-Slider

Seems like the organizers should decide if the pools really mean anything.

Pools mean something

Then the playoffs might be 2nd-poolA plays 3rd-poolB with winner to play 1st-poolB, and 2nd-poolB plays 3rd-poolA with the winner to play 1st-poolA. There is an added benefit of being able to use head to head tiebreaking as a first option.

Pools don't mean anything(as currently)

Then you might as well give some benefit to high ranking teams.

1. Highest ranked team gets to pick five opponents.
2. Next highest ranked team picks from available oppenents to fill five opponents.
3. Repeat #2.

The first option would be more in line with how pool play works in other sports. The second would open up all sorts of armchair analyses.