Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > Mixed Doubles TV Schedule Jan 2-7 - Portage - Full Event Gang - Televised

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 1 of 2 -- Go to: | 1 | 2 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
01-01-18 10:27AM
Lovemycurling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lovemycurling Click here to Send Lovemycurling a Private Message Find more posts by Lovemycurling Add Lovemycurling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lovemycurling
Hitting Paint

Mixed Doubles TV Schedule Jan 2-7 - Portage - Full Event Gang - Televised & streaming

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/w...rling/broadcast

Sorry I posted this with tv/streaming at first and then tried to change the date and forgot to put back the streaming. It appears CBC is streaming it. I don't know if there is an app or a fee. I was trying to check it out but just got back here now. I was on the phone for over an hour with Shaw Direct trying to get back my proper settings on my TV because all had been changed to HD and I couldn't find my channels. I was not advised so if you have issues tomorrow or whenever, check your HD stations because yours could have been changed also.

Also I notice CBC is getting into this Olympic thing with curling. Lots more info on their site

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/curling

Even Commercials gearing more to it.

Finally we are getting this out there and on the map. Go teams. Can't wait. Thanks Jeff Stoughton for getting into the Mixed so we can enjoy more curling events.

Happy New Year and happy curling to all our curlers. Go get them.

Last edited by Lovemycurling on 01-01-18 at 11:05PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

01-02-18 09:32AM
Lovemycurling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Lovemycurling Click here to Send Lovemycurling a Private Message Find more posts by Lovemycurling Add Lovemycurling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Lovemycurling
Hitting Paint

Here is the link right now

CBC is streaming it. Sign up for a free account if you don't get it where you or on their site but there is a link for the game

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/w...-live-1.4460005

Jeff Stoughton is one of the commentators so we will learn as we watch.

Thanks all

01-02-18 11:34AM
darkwing01 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for darkwing01 Click here to Send darkwing01 a Private Message Find more posts by darkwing01 Add darkwing01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
darkwing01
Harvey Hacksmasher

P,eterman and Gallant won the Canadian title a little while back and are the top seed going in, so yes they may be a theath, Gushue thinks his front end boys have a great shot

01-02-18 03:46PM
HerCurl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HerCurl Click here to Send HerCurl a Private Message Find more posts by HerCurl Add HerCurl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HerCurl
Harvey Hacksmasher

Mixed Doubles

Teams with 1 or 2 skips are at a serious disadvantage in MD. Front-ender gym rats will prevail in this format. Advantage: Gallant/Peterman!

01-02-18 05:40PM
Lovemycurling
Hitting Paint

Live streaming of the Mixed Doubles

Though I appreciate the efforts to do it, this whole day live streaming and tying up my computer is not working.

Why can't these TV stations just find a common channel and just use the TV for the programs. Not everyone has a laptop or a cellphone tied to their hip. My cell is a medical cell and I don't put apps on it.

Other than that, Interesting curling but sure wish we could get more updates from others that are also curling at the same time. Especially from Manitoba seeing the event is here.

Sorry, but after it stopping so many times on the computer I stopped watching for a while. I may be retired but I am not an unbusy person. I am busier now than ever on here

01-02-18 07:20PM
GregJP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GregJP Click here to Send GregJP a Private Message Find more posts by GregJP Add GregJP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GregJP
Swing Artist

I appreciate the effort CBC, but if you're going to cover a major event like this you should send competent broadcasters. I don't know who this Matt guy is, but he sounds like he just got off the bus from covering a fun spiel in Kindersley or Flin Flon. And put Joan McCusker with him and she becomes five times as unbearable as she normally is.

01-02-18 10:03PM
Deliverer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Deliverer Click here to Send Deliverer a Private Message Find more posts by Deliverer Add Deliverer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Deliverer
Swing Artist

Wanting to avoid at all cost any teams already picked by the "trained observer", most of whom are well established favorites, I believe the two final teams playing off to represent Canada will be Carey/Hodgson and Officer/Carruthers.

01-03-18 07:57AM
Lovemycurling
Hitting Paint

Lack of crowd at event

quote:
Originally posted by CurlingZoneStats
I cannot believe the lack of ANY fans in the stands. Canadians know better than anyone this isn't curling but a manufactured exhibition by the WCF to justify curling centers at the Olympics.

On the interviews yesterday the curlers were talking that they were happy to see the number of fans showing up and it was increasing each game and they expected to be full by the weekend doesn't sound like no one attended. Had the weather been accommodating, I would have loved to have gone but I would venture to say that -37 windchill does not entice people to go out and sit at games all day and come out to a frozen up car.

01-03-18 08:59AM
CURLER1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CURLER1 Click here to Send CURLER1 a Private Message Find more posts by CURLER1 Add CURLER1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CURLER1
Super Rockchucker

also, we just got over a very busy tie of the year. Many people probably used their holidays and during the week, some people do have to work.

01-03-18 09:38AM
Lovemycurling
Hitting Paint

Again the same teams and no Manitoba being seen

Let's get some variety here CBC. I am tired of watching teams I don't know and no Manitoba teams. This morning AGAIN we miss McEwens and Carruthers and Officer. A game we want to see. That is super game challenge. Let's see some MANITOBA teams instead of couples arguing all the time. sheesh. I am sure we would get more crowds out if we could see some of the Manitoba curlers and see that they do exist in these tournaments.

01-03-18 11:31AM
GregJP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GregJP Click here to Send GregJP a Private Message Find more posts by GregJP Add GregJP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GregJP
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by fresca
there are about 25 more draws so cbc is trying to show everyone at least once

kudos to them

and that Matt is a breath of fresh air as a commentator

They aren't trying to show everybody once. They have one main camera which is pointed at one sheet. Whichever teams are scheduled to be on that sheet get shown.

You have got to be kidding. Matt is terrible.

01-03-18 12:02PM
CurlingZoneStats is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingZoneStats Click here to Send CurlingZoneStats a Private Message Find more posts by CurlingZoneStats Add CurlingZoneStats to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingZoneStats
Hitting Paint

A little math. After 8 draws I don't recall one Manitoban curler being profiled and yet 20% of participants are from Manitoba. I must be from MB.

01-03-18 01:18PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

quote:
t
and that Matt is a breath of fresh air as a commentator

s

Matt couldn't even describe the correct procedure for a touched running stone. Then again Epping should have also known the rule.
Have to agree with the poor choices for tv. TuckTuck today looked like we were in the middle of a family squabble.

01-03-18 04:25PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by user
A little math. After 8 draws I don't recall one Manitoban curler being profiled and yet 20% of participants are from Manitoba. I must be from MB.
i
Gunner and Birchard have been on twice after today’s match with the policeman.

01-03-18 04:28PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by decade

TuckTuck today looked like we were in the middle of a family squabble.

Have to agree, .

Last edited by guido on 01-03-18 at 05:25PM

01-04-18 01:56PM
GregJP
Swing Artist

quote:
is it top 4 from each pool or most wins - possibly 5 from A and 3 from B

Top two teams from each pool and then the next best four teams regardless of pool.

Only 7 teams left with 2 or less losses, so 5-3 is guaranteed at least a tiebreaker.

01-04-18 02:13PM
IN-OFF-FOR-2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for IN-OFF-FOR-2 Find more posts by IN-OFF-FOR-2 Add IN-OFF-FOR-2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
IN-OFF-FOR-2
Super Rockchucker

quote:
is it top 4 from each pool or most wins - possibly 5 from A and 3 from B

I believe it is top 2 each pool then 4 next best regardless

01-04-18 03:24PM
darkwing01 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for darkwing01 Click here to Send darkwing01 a Private Message Find more posts by darkwing01 Add darkwing01 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
darkwing01
Harvey Hacksmasher

is anyone getting the draw 15 stream

01-04-18 05:43PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

Mixed Doubles

I could be wrong but I think I just witnessed Dawn McEwen throw a game against her skip. That was the worst throw that I have every seen Dawn execute. Of course I'm kidding but it just didn't look right. She and her husband were doing so well and unfortunately, as often happens with Mike, the wheels fell off. Too bad I would have liked to see them in the finals.

Last edited by albetts on 01-04-18 at 05:46PM

01-04-18 06:04PM
Curlwalker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Curlwalker Find more posts by Curlwalker Add Curlwalker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Curlwalker
Hitting Paint

Scotties

I assume whoever wins this cannot play in the Scotties as it is at the same time (I think). Can they play with their teams in the provincials to help them qualify and then drop out?

01-05-18 03:56PM
curlerbroad is offline Click Here to See the Profile for curlerbroad Click here to Send curlerbroad a Private Message Find more posts by curlerbroad Add curlerbroad to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
curlerbroad
Super Rockchucker

What a wacky playoff! Even the worlds isn't this bad. At that one, if you lose in the final 8 your out! Who thought this up?

01-05-18 05:30PM
GregJP
Swing Artist

quote:
Originally posted by curlerbroad
What a wacky playoff! Even the worlds isn't this bad. At that one, if you lose in the final 8 your out! Who thought this up?

An 8-0 team in the round robin has no advantage over a 5-3 team, other than the hammer in the first end. Ridiculous.

The first place teams in each pool should have directly gone to the page playoff with the other 6 teams battling to join them.

01-05-18 06:11PM
guido
Super Rockchucker

Way too many teams to begin with. 12 teams, 2 pools. Top 2 teams advance to the page. Pretty simple. less draws per day.

01-05-18 11:47PM
CurlingZoneStats is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingZoneStats Click here to Send CurlingZoneStats a Private Message Find more posts by CurlingZoneStats Add CurlingZoneStats to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingZoneStats
Hitting Paint

While Morris made some very good shots, some of his shot calling was rediculous, which is why they likely won't survive. He just can't help himself from wanting to make high risk shots with little payback. Plus , as a team player and a top curler he was a total a$$ tonight. Don't know why anybody would want to partner with him.

01-06-18 06:59AM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by CurlingZoneStats
While Morris made some very good shots, some of his shot calling was rediculous, which is why they likely won't survive. He just can't help himself from wanting to make high risk shots with little payback. Plus , as a team player and a top curler he was a total a$$ tonight. Don't know why anybody would want to partner with him.

It takes all the patience I have to watch this man curl. He seems to want to change his partners minds with every shot. I don't doubt that he knows a lot but I get fed up with his constant chatter. He's like trump, if he says it twice it'll work.