Japan (EE)
Denmark 10  Final
Spain (8)
Estonia Final
Italy (8)
M: Mexican Mixed Doubles Championship
Vancouver, CAN
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  

CurlingZone : Powered by vBulletin>
<smallfont><b><a href=CurlingZone > Chat Forums > General Curling Chat > Rock Talk > All-time provincial win-loss records

Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-03-17 10:40AM
Statman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Statman Click here to Send Statman a Private Message Find more posts by Statman Add Statman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Statman
Super Rockchucker

Between a rock and a database: All-time provincial win-loss records

Does anyone know where I can find the all-time win-loss records by province? (Games)

Do the pre-qualifiers count in the record book? i.e. In the above total

* It's long past the time that CCA published a Season's of Champions record book. One of the frustrations of writing about curling is the lack of an up-to-date, readily available record book or database.

Alex

Last edited by Statman on 03-03-17 at 11:08AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-03-17 10:51AM
nelski is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelski Find more posts by nelski Add nelski to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelski
Super Rockchucker

Hey! Sounds like a project. Please post your writing here. Would love to follow along. U at the Brier? LuckyU. The old black book would give a baseline - and then, I guess you have to build ur own. Worth it though. Would love to read about the analysis.

03-03-17 11:05AM
Statman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Statman Click here to Send Statman a Private Message Find more posts by Statman Add Statman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Statman
Super Rockchucker

Between a rock and a database

Hi Nelski:

Not writing for the Brier this year. I had planned to submit an item for the program as I have done several times in the past but couldn't track down the data I needed.

One reason there are so few curling articles published in the general media is the dearth of up-to-date data. Other than the small records sections included in the SOC programs, there isn't much else out there. I couldn't find a records section on the Brier website.

Compared to almost any other sport, curling is literally still in the Stone Age. Try to find an accurate database of historical linescores, for example. There are even longstanding errors in the records that are published. And I won't mention the World Curling Tour.

And yes, the "Little Black Book of Curling" series was a wonderful resource.

Last edited by Statman on 03-03-17 at 11:16AM

03-03-17 07:37PM
Statman
Super Rockchucker

Nova Scotia record

If anyone has this year's Brier program, the records section at the back lists the all-time games won and lost by each province. Would someone kindly let me know what the numbers are for Nova Scotia.

aroberts@eastlink.ca

Cheers,

Alex

Last edited by Statman on 03-04-17 at 03:45PM

03-05-17 11:25PM
Statman
Super Rockchucker

Ray Davies would have helped out...

The non-response to my simple query reminds me of that great 60's lament by the Kinks:

"I'm so tired, tired of waiting, tired of waiting for you..."

Come on, someone has the data or access to a 2017 Brier program.

03-06-17 01:26PM
guido is offline Click Here to See the Profile for guido Find more posts by guido Add guido to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
guido
Super Rockchucker

http://soudogcurling.tripod.com/Bri...cords.pdf#page3

03-06-17 01:47PM
albetts is offline Click Here to See the Profile for albetts Click here to Send albetts a Private Message Find more posts by albetts Add albetts to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
albetts
Super Rockchucker

quote:
Originally posted by guido
http://soudogcurling.tripod.com/Bri...cords.pdf#page3

Hey Guido: That is one impressive document. Great find and great read. Thanks

03-07-17 08:37AM
CurlingGeek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CurlingGeek Click here to Send CurlingGeek a Private Message Visit CurlingGeek's homepage! Find more posts by CurlingGeek Add CurlingGeek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CurlingGeek
Swing Artist

Statman: just download the media guide (warning: 400mb). All sorts of goodies in there, including what you want:

Available from the main site: http://www.curling.ca/2017brier/draw/

Under News | Media Guide

Open the zip, and browse to:
"\2017 Tim Hortons Brier Media Guide copy\D. RECORDS\D-6. TEAM WON-LOST RECORDS.pdf"