Cihl/Mace Final
Yang/Tian 10  (6)
: NWTCA Mixed
Yellowknife, NT
Teams | Scores | Standings | Playoffs
Draw: 4 -- Sun, Mar 17 -- 10:00am MT
Delorey Final
Koe (5)
Full Scoreboard  |  Play Fantasy Pick'em!  
Disclaimer: CurlingZone does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any Content posted on any Forums area and you acknowledge that any reliance upon such Content shall be at your sole risk. Any Content placed on any Forums area by users and anonymous posters are the views of the user posting the statement, and do not represent the views of CurlingZone or our partners, advertisers or sponsors. By posting anonymously, you are allowing your IP address to be displayed for identification purposes. CurlingZone reserves the right to remove any post at its discretion without warning or explanation.
Page 3 of 26 -- Go to: ««   | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | »»   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread   Post A Reply
03-17-14 01:18PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by misty1
The Morris flaming will never end if that's true. Im sure he doesn't care but my god some people on here will never shut up about him .

And why should we?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 142.161.159.24

03-17-14 01:25PM
misty1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for misty1 Click here to Send misty1 a Private Message Find more posts by misty1 Add misty1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
misty1
Supreme Champion!

quote:
Originally posted by Unregistered

And why should we?

im not telling you to, ive given up on trying. It was merely stating my anticipation of whats to come

anyway, here's another change: Per his twitter Chris schille will be stepping back from curling so Virtue will be looking for a new second

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

03-17-14 01:30PM
Pep is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pep Click here to Send Pep a Private Message Find more posts by Pep Add Pep to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pep
Harvey Hacksmasher

Yep... This...

quote:
I think you're all crazy. Koe needs to keep 3 of 4. So they drop Simmons. Rycroft stays in original line up on paper. Koe gets Hebert and Kennedy. So now it looks like this:

Theissen
Rycroft
Kennedy
Koe

5th: Hebert

When they play, Rycroft can't make it so their 5th steps in. Now it looks like this:

Hebert
Theissen
Kenney
Koe

This was what I heard the plan was prior to the Brier with Rycroft leaving. Now that Koe won, it did put a wrench in it, but there is that loop hole.

03-17-14 01:54PM
JB42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB42 Click here to Send JB42 a Private Message Find more posts by JB42 Add JB42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB42
Drawmaster

Morris to Ottawa

Ottawa is where his family is. Is where he grew up. Are his roots. I can't imagine anything less controversial myself than a guy moving back to his hometown.

Does make me wonder who he is going to be playing with though.

Savill still lives in Ottawa and played a lot with Johnny Mo. Playing vice and winning two World Juniors and making one Brier Final at second.

The two of them hooking up would be a natural fit. Especially if he wanted to try his hand at a different position than lead.

That would mean Glenn losing at least two of the best position players in the game. If Middaugh goes as well because of job requirements, the twilight of Glenn's career is going to be his biggest challenge in terms of keeping up the quality results he has so consistently shown over put near thirty years.

Last edited by JB42 on 03-17-14 at 02:21PM

03-17-14 02:20PM
Camdon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Camdon Click here to Send Camdon a Private Message Find more posts by Camdon Add Camdon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Camdon
Harvey Hacksmasher

Re: Morris to Ottawa

quote:
Originally posted by JB42
Ottawa is where his family is. Is where he grew up. Are his roots. I can't imagine anything less controversial myself than a guy moving back to his hometown.

Savill still lives in Ottawa and played a lot with Johnny Mo. Playing vice and winning two World Juniors and making one Brier Final at second.

The two of them hooking up would be a natural fit. Especially if he wanted to try his hand at a different position than lead.

That would mean Glenn is losing at least two of the best position players in the game. If Middaugh goes as well because of job requirements, the twilight of Glenn's career is going to be his biggest challenge in terms of keeping up the quality results he has so consistently shown over put near thirty years.

With Laing on the out and Middaugh questionable maybe Johnny Mo hooks up with Glenn and Savill and hey lets throw Mark Nichols in at second.... No one said Savill was leaving Team Howard

Would that not be a great team?

03-17-14 02:28PM
JB42 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB42 Click here to Send JB42 a Private Message Find more posts by JB42 Add JB42 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB42
Drawmaster

That would be a great team but Nichols family life is in either the West or the East.

Morris on the other hand seems to me the kind of guy who really needs to skip at this point in his career. He's already won everything possible. Now his challenge he feels, I'm guessing, is to do it again while skipping.

Middaugh was the same way at one point in his career. Leaving perhaps the most talented team ever, Russ, Glenn, Wayne, Peter Corner, cause he felt he had to skip. And hey it's hard to say he was wrong to do so. After Glenn and Kevin he has the most Grand Slams of any skip. And after Glenn and Kevin has the third most Slams ever as a player. He might even have won a Brier or two more if he could have got past that pesky Howard fella:-)

So while I agree that this would be a helluva team I can't see it.

Last edited by JB42 on 03-17-14 at 02:31PM

03-17-14 02:39PM
JB42
Drawmaster

re Team R. Howard

While we're sorta on the subject.

Team R. Howard had four players who skipped at the Brier.
Russ, Glenn, Wayne, Peter Corner.

Has any other team done this?

Maybe out East where the elite pool is small and they've tried different combinations and permutations over the years?

Maybe even one of the teams Russ fielded out of NB?

Anyone?

03-17-14 02:40PM
Camdon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Camdon Click here to Send Camdon a Private Message Find more posts by Camdon Add Camdon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Camdon
Harvey Hacksmasher

quote:
That would be a great team but Nichols family life is in either the West or the East.

Morris on the other hand seems to me the kind of guy who really needs to skip at this point in his career. He's already won everything possible. Now his challenge he feels, I'm guessing, is to do it again while skipping.

Middaugh was the same way at one point in his career. Leaving perhaps the most talented team ever, Russ, Glenn, Wayne, Peter Corner, cause he felt he had to skip. And hey it's hard to say he was wrong to do so. After Glenn and Kevin he has the most Grand Slams of any skip. And after Glenn and Kevin has the third most Slams ever as a player. He might even have won a Brier or two more if he could have got past that pesky Howard fella:-)

So while I agree that this would be a helluva team I can't see it.

Would not call Manitoba the "West" but it is a 30+ hour drive from Toronto so "Mid-West" Unlikely that Nichols would move his family from NL to MB and then to Ontario in a few short years but stranger things have happened. Johnny Mo also rumoured to want to take a year off. Team Howard was allways my favourite so just thinking positive with the Nichols, Morris insertion to the line up.

03-17-14 03:00PM
Unregistered

Re: re Team R. Howard

quote:
While we're sorta on the subject.

Team R. Howard had four players who skipped at the Brier.
Russ, Glenn, Wayne, Peter Corner.

Has any other team done this?

Maybe out East where the elite pool is small and they've tried different combinations and permutations over the years?

Maybe even one of the teams Russ fielded out of NB?

Anyone?

Harold breckinridge's team all skipped at the brier.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 192.197.71.189

03-17-14 03:24PM
nelsosi is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nelsosi Click here to Send nelsosi a Private Message Find more posts by nelsosi Add nelsosi to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nelsosi
Swing Artist

quote:
Chatter this weekend from two separate sources that Morris is heading back to Ottawa.

Maybe he can find a club in Hull to curl out of so he can represent Quebec this time.

03-17-14 03:27PM
doubletakeout is offline Click Here to See the Profile for doubletakeout Click here to Send doubletakeout a Private Message Find more posts by doubletakeout Add doubletakeout to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
doubletakeout
Swing Artist

Looks like Virtue's team is breaking up entirely, as Braeden Moskowy has also tweeted that he's leaving.

03-17-14 03:53PM
JB42
Drawmaster

Breckenridge

I checked the Alberta Curling Association site.

Breckenridge played in the Brier once.

The team he played with at the Brier was
Harold Breckenridge, Jim McDonald, Ron Fulkerth, Dennis Balderston.

None of these guys ever skipped for Alberta in the Brier.

Are there some other teammates that you are referring to?

Or are you saying they all skipped in the Brier in some other province?

Or are you just saying random things?

03-17-14 03:56PM
JB42
Drawmaster

re Virtue's breakup

All who claimed that breaking brooms and generally melting down wasn't a negative.........may want a rethink.

I understand if first you want to toss your mouse across the room......lol.......

03-17-14 04:03PM
Unregistered

Re: Breckenridge

quote:
I checked the Alberta Curling Association site.

Breckenridge played in the Brier once.

The team he played with at the Brier was
Harold Breckenridge, Jim McDonald, Ron Fulkerth, Dennis Balderston.

None of these guys ever skipped for Alberta in the Brier.

Are there some other teammates that you are referring to?

Or are you saying they all skipped in the Brier in some other province?

Or are you just saying random things?

They all took a turn skipping in the same brier IIRC. It may have just been for 1 end, but they did skip.

03-17-14 04:04PM
Unregistered

Re: re Virtue's breakup

quote:
All who claimed that breaking brooms and generally melting down wasn't a negative.........may want a rethink.

I understand if first you want to toss your mouse across the room......lol.......

Oh man, forgot my mouse wasn't cordless.. threw it and it came back like a boomerang, square between the eyes. LOL

03-17-14 04:18PM
Unregistered

changing teams

As an armchair curler I am wondering whether some of the changes that might happen are premature. I was thinking of Gushue. He has 2 really younguns on his team and it has only been their 2nd/3rd year out of juniors. Is it fair to expect them to be able to master the nuances of the game that quickly? Also because there are so few who play to that level on the East Coast, he has 3 who are willing to work to keep Team Gushue on top in the province if not region. he has 3 players who have left their home provinces to play for him. He lost Nichols (and who knows where he will end up (pregnant wife might want to remain close to her mom) Gushue has a reputation for being closed to suggestions altho he seems to be willing to listen a bit more these last 2 years.

Geoff Walker is quiet, and I wonder if he has a hankering to head back home? Not much chatter about that.

I would love to see these fellows stay together for this next olympic cycle. They are still so young and they could be the future Team Howard if they stuck together?

Any thoughts on this?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 174.7.5.81

03-17-14 04:25PM
JB42
Drawmaster

re Gushue

My feeling, guess, speculation, uninformed prediction, ...lol..., is that Team Gushue will stay the same. That he agrees pretty much exactly with what you are saying.

UNLESS Nichols is coming home and wants to play out of NFLD. In which case I would think that he'd play Vice and someone would become fifth wheel on a four wheel vehicle.

Though I'm guessing one Brier and World's would be enough for Brad to be happy at this point. Four seems a bit of a stretch.

Though with the way the two of them are playing at this point in their career they would be very formidable.

Last edited by JB42 on 03-17-14 at 04:27PM

03-17-14 04:27PM
Unregistered

Virtue

quote:
Originally posted by doubletakeout
Looks like Virtue's team is breaking up entirely, as Braeden Moskowy has also tweeted that he's leaving.

There's so many announcements coming out of left field this year. This is another one I never saw coming and just don't get.

This team seemed to be heading in the right direction

so I wonder what happens with them now. Does virtue stay in Saskatchewan or does he go back to Alberta. I could see Braeden linking up with his old team mates from juniors but that would leave steve stranded since 2 of them are on his team.

Virtue might be screwed. Who does he pick up with to be even remotely competitive in Saskatchewan?. Im not sure his old team mates from Alberta would want him back since he left at such an awkward time

Report this post to a moderator | IP: 24.77.253.19

03-17-14 04:28PM
Unregistered

Re: re Virtue's breakup

quote:

im not sure that had anything to do with the breakup since the first one to announce he was leaving was schille

03-17-14 04:33PM
JB42
Drawmaster

re Something to do with it....

Two years of warnings, meltdowns, and behavior the antithesis of what every sport psychologist in the world recommends......yea, it had something to do with it.

My guess is that they realized that too many fiery guys on one team tends to burn down the house instead of heating it up.

03-17-14 04:40PM
Unregistered

Re: Re: Virtue

quote:
Originally posted by Manitoba Legend

Kidby might end up in Manitoba as he's hooked up with Kaitlyn Lawes. If Virtue is transient he may also end up here, especially if Stoughton is winding down.

wherever virtue goes he's going to want to be with someone who will be around for a while. He's got aspirations for the 2018 games so he wont be joining Stoughton or martin

03-17-14 04:50PM
FollowingAlong is offline Click Here to See the Profile for FollowingAlong Click here to Send FollowingAlong a Private Message Find more posts by FollowingAlong Add FollowingAlong to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
FollowingAlong
Swing Artist

Re: Re: Re: Virtue

quote:

wherever virtue goes he's going to want to be with someone who will be around for a while. He's got aspirations for the 2018 games so he wont be joining Stoughton or martin

And with his reputation what it is, I can't imagine too many players or teams would be looking to join forces with him...

03-17-14 04:53PM
decade is offline Click Here to See the Profile for decade Click here to Send decade a Private Message Find more posts by decade Add decade to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
decade
Super Rockchucker

Re: Morris to Ottawa

quote:

That would mean Glenn losing at least two of the best position players in the game. If Middaugh goes as well because of job requirements, the twilight of Glenn's career is going to be his biggest challenge in terms of keeping up the quality results he has so consistently shown over put near thirty years.

Frans viced at the Brier when they won silver, maybe they will hook up again.

03-17-14 04:54PM
JB42
Drawmaster

Morris in Ottawa

Epping playes Vice, Joe Frans Second, Savill lead.

Be a really good team. I have zero idea as to what the odds of this configuration happening might be.

Just figured while we're wildly speculating.......:-)

03-17-14 04:54PM
Unregistered

Re: Re: Re: Re: Virtue

quote:
Originally posted by FollowingAlong

And with his reputation what it is, I can't imagine too many players or teams would be looking to join forces with him...

Judging from player reactions on twitter and from interviews ive seen the fans on here are taking it a lot harder than his fellow players . All of the stuff ive seen has been either more on virtue's side or indifferent.